What price do you unironically see bitcoin at in 5 years? I always thought 10k was a pipe dream

What price do you unironically see bitcoin at in 5 years? I always thought 10k was a pipe dream...

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Executive_Order_6102
cnbc.com/2016/04/05/the-fed-is-a-god-that-has-failed-george-gilder-commentary.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

$20

between failed and $0.2

Btc needs a major rehaul or a better currency needs to be king. In five years (at the present tech) it would take a month to send currency and cost the price of a used car in fees.

It's going to pop soon maybe half a year and settle around 2,000-3,000

>What price do you unironically see bitcoin at in 5 years?

Dead and replaced after that long

Bitcoin Segwit? About 5k, as serious laggards will have still not moved into Bitcoin Cash.

>new generation normie: bit what?
>old /g/fag: it is the original coin that started all the sytem of payments we have today. Whenever you buy something over the internet or with your card, you are using a system started by bitcoin, before the big banks started making their own bitcoin-like private systems that we use today
>new generation normie: oh.. I dun care lol.

you could trust banks, whales and twins to buy a bag of weed using side chains

It's completely useless and not even the darknet uses it anymore. It won't even be that high.

People be ask'n. "wha happens if BTC becomes the World's global asset? wha if all dat money you speculated turns to shiite, an the Gov'mnt says, 'would you look at dat there, les take it.' wha happens to muh investment then?"

1 million or mcafee will eat his manhood.

>government says lets take it
What's there to take? Are they gonna send the police house-by-house looking for BTC wallets? They can say "bitcoin is illegal" but they really can't ever stop you from using it, the same way they can say "saying nigger is illegal" but I can still call you a fucking nigger all I want.

Bitcoin probably stopped really functioning as a currency back when it was closer to the $100 a coin level, all the growth since then is pure get rich quick muh tulip bulbs speculation. The press is full of stories about how much bitcoin has increased in value, and normies with no other investing experience are buying it. That should set alarm bells ringing, it's exactly the kind of stuff that happens right before the bubble bursts. The fundamentals of any crypto, as an actual currency, are probably dependent on it having a modest and stable value. It really wants to be experiencing gentle inflation, like any real currency, to create liquidity and incentives to spend and invest, rather than hoard and speculate. Bitcoin's architecture is probably fundamentally in opposition to that, the bubble has to pop at some point, and when it does it will pop hard. I'd be kind of surprised if Bitcoin still had much value in five months, let alone five years. It might still go up a lot before that happens though.

the question is when to get out

pro tip, sell on the way up, buy on the way down. dont fall for the all in and sell at the top meme

it still is the entry way for the crypto market, until all exchanges have at least a dozen cryptos listed and someone finds a way to transaction all crypto without needing BTC as the middle man, this thing will not stop pumping

As soon as Coinbase lists Bcash and other exchanges list it as a base pair, Segwit coin is finished.

I knew 10K was a mathematical certainty and predicted it five months ago on Trading View. I even predicted how the Elliot wave formed with surprising accuracy using past trends and volume profiles for sup/res. I'm basically a 160 IQ brainlord and even I couldn't see where the price would go after 12K. Just kidding, 38K and then a new cycle will start after the next 34+ percent correction and subsequent consolidation.

Isn't that the case with everything? The tricky thing with bitcoin is that there are no real fundamentals unerpinning it, it's not like a stock where you can assess whether or not it's overvalued based on profitability. Even hedging assets like gold have a worth that's linked to the performance of other sectors of the economy. BTC used to be somewhat similar to gold in terms of how it tracked against markets and the dollar, but it left that behind long ago. Really, we're well into 'your guess is as good as mine' territory now. I mean, everyone has heard the old quote from 1929:

>You know it's time to sell when shoeshine boys give you stock tips

Are we at that point yet? BTC will stall and then crash when the ponzi runs out of suckers. That's got to be your best measure of whether the party is going to end sooner rather than later, once people with no prior understanding or experience of investing or the thinking behind crypto are all convinced it's free money.

what are you talking idiot. Just normie base users are not able to buy any coin beside bt...wait they can buy litecoin with cash to, and starting with 2018 bch, and probably some more, but what do I know, I use personal transaction, not some untrustable third party like a NIgger

they will come for yer wallet and they will make you access it via yer holding cell. there is precedent fo' it:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Executive_Order_6102

Btc 25k and iota at 100k

this

B-but yer brainlordship. Coinz aint stocks

>i always thought 10k was a pipe dream...

This is stupid easy. All merchants not legally allowed to accept it. You can’t legally trade it in the United States. What you gonna do? Can’t trade it for cash. Can’t buy with it. Nobody else can buy it. There’s a word for a currency like that. Worthless.

>What price do you unironically see bitcoin at in 5 years?
1mil

When it starts to get ridiculously fast in gains. Remember the last time we reached 19k in a matter of days?

so all the world's fiat is headed into the Nu Coinz blackhole. what's that gonna look like coming out the other end? Aint happening until all the major bankers are on board and we all knows how ironically that will turn out. started out nice tho

and this

Once bitcoin reaches 80k then the founder is the richest man in the world. I dont think its possible for the systems to let this happen, and it's just too unsustainable

You fundamentally don't understand what Elliot waves are measuring and how they can be applied.

The year is 2021.

1 BTC > $1 million

Lie. I barter all the time. I trade goods and / or services all the time for goods and / services, faggot. nice try, nigger

I'm betting it will be 100 thousand USD per coin by 2020.

There is a theory that the cia got this whole game started and is Satoshi. So basically they are getting all this crypto r&d for free right no. All open source. When the time is right they just take Satoshi’s 1M coins and dump them on the market. Could the market sustain a $20B market dump? No fucking chance. Once the dust settles they can launch their crypto currency.

"You know it's time to sell when shoeshine boys give you stock tips"
>comparing boomer stocks with BTC
lol, Lightning Network will literally change this whole game. BTC is king and it will always rule. You will wish you had at least some BTC then. All other shitcoins and tokens will be worth nothing in comparison to the king BTC. Chads rule the world for a reason. Chads are buying BTC. Be like Chad.

You are genius

Why would anyone want your worthless shit coins? You will also need miners to process the transactions.

stay poor. I accept bitcoin in my business, faggot.

Lightning network. Give them your coins. They give you ious to spend with a small fee. Lightning is bank backed fiat.

I also pay my employees in Bitcoin.

Average fee >$20. How is that working out?

I wouldn’t work for you. I want real money.

Can anyone tell me why the price on the front page coinbase chart shows btc at £14,500 but when you go to buy it, the price is stated as £15,100? £600 difference?

pretty sure the US gov will ban it within 5 years, I think it's got 2 years left at most

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! Typical answer from a nocoin faggot sjw

It’s like buying and selling stock. There is a spread between the buy and sell.

I don't hire faggots who live with their parents
>muh rights

I actually made $15,000 and cashed out this morning. I know a worthless shit coin with a non functioning network when I see it. I’ll buy back in after the crash.

three words: lightning network soon.
stay mad, nocoiner hahaha.

Nice LARP.

BTC isn't really a currency any more, that's the point. When a currency is undergoing deflation there is a disincentive for people to spend it rather than hoard it in the hope that its value will increase. Bitcoin is experiencing hyperdeflation. What proportion of transactions are actual purchases of real things using BTC as a currency? What proportion of holders are in it to use it as a currency? A fraction of a percent at best, Lightning isn't going to change that.

Anyway, like I said in a functioning currency needs to exist in a state of gentle inflation. It can still work whilst experiencing moderately high inflation or slight deflation, but stray too far outside of those bounds and it stops functioning as a currency any more.

why would they ban it when they can tax it?

What are you on about. Current fee >$20. Fact. Current backlog >150k transactions. No hope to speed things up and lower transaction fees. Currently cupping the balls of bank overlords known as blockstream. I actually cashed out and made money. I am dispassionately observing now. I see the writing on the wall. Average joes piling in. Bubble popping any day

don't forget that bitcoin is a GLOBAL phenomenon, everyone in the world with an internet connection and some money can join the circus. there are so many worldwide uses for a decentralized transaction tool, it could very well be that demand will always be bigger than supply, leading to endless growth.

this is an interesting article from last year mentioning the role bitcoin can play in breaking the currency monopoly central banks have: cnbc.com/2016/04/05/the-fed-is-a-god-that-has-failed-george-gilder-commentary.html

>What we are doing now is having money's value determined by international currency trading. Ten banks control 77 percent of all currency trading. When currency value is more varied and volatile than the economic activity that it measures.

TLDR: I believe through worldwide crypto trading we're taking a piece of (((their))) pie. CME might very well be an attempt to neuter crypto.

nah m8 this will have more collector's value than confido. i can see it at $1-$10 for sure

18 months
18 months
18 months
Can’t wait to give blockstream my bitcoin and get ious back.

They already tax it in the form of capital gains.

That's fine but a £600 spread? Seems excessive.

BTC will be like gold in the future. you will use lightning network to keep your BTC on the bank. then you will be able to spend it using a credit/debit card. BTC will be the most valuable asste in the world. Write this down... remember it. You have been warned. There's still time to accumulate. Don't miss this opportunity.

3% this isn’t your granddads stock market either

lightning network will serve as a link between corporations/banks and BTC. blockstream will be the middle man.

That sounds familiar. I put the gold in the bank and get these gold backed notes in return. Somewhere along the way someone sold the gold. Yfw you fell for the oldest scam in history.

Fair enough

I’m sure they’ll take a small cut for that. Almost like they crippled bitcoin on purpose.

most of the action is gonna come when the CME short contracts close in Jan

$700

You guys said $500k 6 months ago what happened?

Blockstream happened.

Large unconfirmed transactions, lightning network being at best being a middle man which misses the point of crypto entirely, and manic-tier reaction from normies.

Unironically Blockstream

well, once the entire global economy is using BTC to back FIAT, the value of BTC will be so high that 1 BTC will be worth millions of dollars. Even if you are a libertarian anarcho capitalist, why would you cuck yourself out of such an opportunity? Yeah, I get it, the NWO is going to win again. But... it is inevitable. May as well keep some of the BTC money in your own hands, so you can have the power to make the world a better place in the future.

>You guys said $500k 6 months ago what happened?

I've always held belief that BTC won't remain first mover advantage forever and could die. The issues with BTC are just a lot more apparent now and I can imagine a decent number of factors hindering BTC long term

300k in 2019.
20k in 2019

Lol. This won’t happen. To be legitimate taxes must be able to be payed in btc. This will never happen. You think any government will bow to some neck beards and their coinz? Never. They will straight up copy and it and launch it under a different name before that happens. You can keep your science experiment. No government will ever adopt it. Ever. They may launch their own crypto but so long as taxes are paid in the national currency you will be laughed at. Your currency is inherently deflationary. That alone means it will never be adopted.

That's not how gold works, we stopped using it to back currencies decades ago (and no, it's not a good idea to go back to doing things that way). Gold is a hedge. Perhaps BTC has a future in that kind of role, but that's not why people are buying it now and has nothing to do with its meteoric rise, so if the high price is nothing to do with its usefulness as a currency, and nothing to do with its usefulness as a hedge, then what is it other than a speculative bubble?

>You think any government will bow to some neck beards and their coinz?
You think neckbeards created BTC? You know satoshi nakamoto is a meme, right? The fucking illuminati are the creators of Bitcoin. they own 10% of the Bitcoins and they WILL make it into a new global currency. This is the biggest wealth transfer in history, mate. Don't let ancap memes and some "revolution" keep you out of it. I'd rather have BTC in the hands of good freedom loving people, than some greedy fucks. If you truly despise centralization and the way things are in thsi world and you want to change it, you need to first have power. In the future, BTC is power. Accumulate it.

>The fucking illuminati are the creators of Bitcoin.
THE ABSOLUTE STATE OF BITCOINERS

Bud, $50 is a drop of ink in the ocean of milk, faggot.

Why would the Illuminati would transfer wealth to poorfags and useless NEETs?

Why would BTC be used a currency when it can't even be used as a currency?

How's BTC not centralized when all of its development is controlled by Bitcoin Core and mining is only done by large companies?

$1m to $10m per coin.

Reason? Bitcoin is a shitcoin, but it is turning into a collector's item. We can safely assume all Satoshi's coins are lost - and a lot more as well, so there are maybe 16m bitcoin that can be bought and sold.

At some point, every rich monkey like Trump or some Sheiks or some Chinese billionaires will buy bitcoin - and will try to have more than their neighbor.

The last halvening didn't do too much, but the next will explode the price.

lol

>The last halvening didn't do too much
false

No, with FED rising interests it goes straight back to usd and bonds

You can’t be serious.
>be me
>buy groceries
>total is $150
>”that will be $189,54
>thefuck.jpeg
>”sure there is 39.54 transaction fee.”
Just.
A.
Drop.
In.
The.
Fucking.
Ocean.

$0.1

I work at Trader Joe’s and I am giving block chain tips. So yes

>Why would the Illuminati would transfer wealth to poorfags and useless NEETs?
Why would the illuminati allow some useless nerdy shit like mark suckerberg have so much power with his control of information (facebook)?
what about bill gates? don't let the media and public perception on things cloud your judgement. BTC is the future. it IS a part of the master plan. NEETs are also a part of the maste rplan, since automation will take over the world. modern day "NEETs" are sumply people who are already adapted to the new world economy.

>government says let's take it
You mean like they did in Venezuela? They fail and even more of their citizens turn to it to the point that the government itself decides to make a crypto and beg their people to use that crypto instead of bitcoin. They don't.

5 Years is the time to make a new universe run it's course in crypto. Anything could happen, but if everything goes well for bitcoin, probably close to a million per coin. 950k-970k

2018: futures market pumps btc to 50k then crashes it to 20k. BTC climbs back to 30k eoy
2019: reward halves, BTC=50k
2020: 99% of btc mined, FOMO like you've never seen pumps BTC to 100k
2021: anyone who didt buy BTC commits mass suicide when it hits $1MM
2022: BTC funds a successful manned moon mission. Consturction of BTC moonbase begins. Fiat begins to inflate at an increasing rate. Price of bitcoin goes to $2mm, but due to inflation the purchase power of BTC is reletively the same
2023: Cryptocurrency has replaced fiat in most african countires.
2024: Trump signs executive order making the US dollar a crypto-backed currency.

2018 $128k
2019 $512k
2020 $1024k
2021 $2048k
2022 $4096k

Will bitcoin be using more or less electricity than all Europe at this point? Asking for a friend.

Also there are no market makers adjusting prices, this is the main difference