Warhammer 40k General

Cadia is alright guys, 10/10 would never fall - edition

> Previous Thread
boards.Veeky Forums.org/tg/thread/51224383#bottom
>A shitty little list builder that you all should stop ASKING ABOUT YOU FILTHY BITCHES
webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#/rosterCreator

>Freshest Rules in Epub (Use Readium for PC or Kobo on Android)
mega.nz/#F!Wl5DAbCb!TYxZG4CgX_x-NJu7JBwbZQ!2tgBUTYI

>Not always current PDFs:
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>Up to date FAQs
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40K 7th Edition Quick Reference Sheets:
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>Forge World Book Index:
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

> The Black Library(Stay the fuck away from the clowns)
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q!c4pGAJDb

> Space 0Din's Unfucked ork codex
dropbox.com/s/lsx27fo3rq2x7tk/Codex - Orks 7th Edition Update [Space Odin](2016).pdf?dl=0

Other urls found in this thread:

forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Warhammer_40000/Siege_Assault_Vanguard_Army_List_Update.pdf
wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Nathaniel_Garro
games-workshop.com/en-US/Rules-Errata
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata?_requestid=7986573#40k-errata
warhammer-community.com/2016/11/22/warhammer-40000-rulebook-final-faq/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

furst for the emprah

First for Dark Eldar

Hey guys, the Janitor of Nottingham here again with more hot leaks.

After you guys told me liono has black armor (thanks old dudes) I also noticed another flat pack...

SHEMAN RUSS

That's right lads. But he had like powder blue armor or something, Duncan must have primed him white the madman. Anyway like and subscribe for more hot leak

Continuation of last thread question.

Give us some stats, special rules, wargear for daemon primarch curze, Veeky Forums?

First for Maulerfiends!

Daemon primarch Alpharius when?

FUCK

>tfw Maulerfiends are WS3 I3

Why do people hate Tau players more than Eldar players? Aren't Eldar more cheese than Tau?

Also, are Trueborn any good for DEldar?

> Maulerfiends are a melee unit
> WS3 / I3
> no grenades
> vulnerable to kraks

BS0 WS0 S0 T0 W0 I0 Ld0

If not releasing plastic SoB at least make plastic breeders for GSC.

Is it possible that the shards (Avatars) of Khaine could be re-united to reform the God?

Also, how much of a stretch would it be to create a Gargantuan Creature Avatar of Khaine with melta templates, melta shooting and melta strikes in melee, but no Destroyer Weapons?

repostan from the other thread

how fun is it to run a pure skitarii army?

I've seen some mention that they have a few issues when fielding without allies.

>feelsbadman.jpg

forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Warhammer_40000/Siege_Assault_Vanguard_Army_List_Update.pdf

Siege Assault Vanguards are how you use Siege Mantlets. They're a 50 point upgrade for Tactical Squads that allows them to reroll their armour saves against shooting. It honestly makes them pretty goddamn tanky.

Also they work best with Imperial Fists, Red Scorpions, and Raptors chapter tactics, all of which because you'll be using tactical marines a lot.

> Imperial Fists
Make their bolters more effective
> Red Scorpions
All tactical squads have a free Apothecary. Obviously this means you get a 3+/3+/5+++ for your tactical marines, making them ungodly tanky.
> Raptors
You can give your bolters Rending, this makes your Mantlet Tacticals more versatile since they can now threaten T8, and AV11-13, while also putting the fear of god into AV10 since your bolters now auto-pen those on 6s.

>mfw

funny

It's not about just the cheese. Tau don't much fit into 40k. They're the Mary Sues of the universe.

And most Tau armies sit there and shoot, which is just fucking boring.

Not as funny as dipshits thinking Curze isn't dead

Eldar are more cheesier than Tau by far, but the type of people(Riptide Wing Spammers, Grey Tide, WAAC) that the Tau faction attracts is what brings us Tau players shame and hate.

Trueborn are great for DE. Also a good substitute for any formation that requires Kabalite Warriors and not a Troop choice. Put 5 in a Venom with 4 Blasters and watch vehicles pop.

>sit there and shoot
>fucking boring
As opposed to the Eldar player wasting even more of your time by jumping around the field and telling you to remove models every few minutes.

Tau just don't fit in 40k. They were quite literally based off of mecha anime in an attempt to profit off of it's popularity at the time. It worked everywhere but Japan.

Spam Vanguards with rad-carbines and their haywire special gun that I can't remember the name of. Add as many crab tanks as mecessary with the cover reducing Phosphor cannon or Icarus array for AA.

At least they DO something.

I didn't say he wasn't dead, i was proposing a hypothetical future in which he wasn't and ascended to daemon primarch-hood

>most Tau armies sit there and shoot

I've seen a lot of Imperial Guard armies that do that.

Was one of the things that made the Optimized Stealth Cadre funny when it rolled out.

Rate my list

Gunlines are fucking boring to play against. Fucking DO SOMETHING.

>Red Scorpions
>Not Iron Hands
user, IH are Red Scorpions +1 when it comes to chapter tactics. They don't need to model an Apothecary sergeant, and IH FnP stacks. Plus IWND vehicles and characters.

Which army does jump pack marines better at the moment? Would you say Raven Guard Vanguard vets, Death Company and Black Legion Slaanesh-marked Raptors are the top contenders?

So do Tau.

Their Battlesuits jet around.

Melta rule doesn't work in melee, so it'd have to be armorbane.

Melta templates also aren't something I think really shows up, outside of blasts.

That said, there are enough superheavies with various types of melta that you could probably come up with an Avatar forged from multiple shards. You would certainly need to give it multiple arms though.

Who would you hate more, a guy who plays a 36 scatbike army or a Tau player who fields 5+ Riptides

Riptides, they're easier to kill once I lose 1/3 of my army to get in close.

My bar tab at my flgs afterwords desu.

36 Scatbikes. Tau only dominate the shooting phase. Eldar dominate all phases.

>one krak grenade per round of melee combat

you're joking right?

Question: I have both a Vengeance Weapon Battery set and a Firestorm Redoubt fuck you, forts are cool, but am a bit torn on how to arm and equip them.

Would it be better to make the Vengeance batteries Battlecannon turrets and keep the Redoubt Quad-Icarus, maximizing the amount of AA (which, as CSM, I struggle with) I have and spreading out some S8 AP3 across my deployment zone?

Or should I put the Battlecannon turrets on the Redoubt and Quad-Icarus on the Vengeance batteries, spreading out some reliable AA across my deployment zone while making the Redoubt a major threat to anything on the ground?

Army is an Emperors Children detachment with allied Fortification detachment, and I plan to have AutoHavocs inside the Redoubt while Noise Marines + Slaanesh sorcerer man the battlements, and trench networks/gun emplacements snaking around it filled with Noise Marines

That's only when shooting it, you can use as many as you want in melee.

Riptides. At least 36 scatbikes could be considered a fluffy Saim-Hann force.

If I wanted to field a starting space marine army after playing Necrons for a while, what would work good as an assault army that is fun to play (don't always have to win, but still have fun modeling and painting too)

Blood Angels
Or
CSM as Emperors Children?

squads can use only one grenade per phase

Normal DG CSM > Plague Marines.

Bikes would be better than Spawn.

reread the faq

nobody cares

>Melta rule doesn't work in melee

Aren't the Magna Cutters on a Maulerfiend melee weapons with a Melta rule?

nope

Are there any loyalist traitor legion members still? Or were they all killed in the heresy? Like the luna wolves?

False, you can only use one grenade per phase as of the 7th edition rulebook, unlike the 6th edition rulebook where it was limited to the shooting phase, this greatly increases the survivability of dreadnoughts and other vehicles, especially against units equipped with meltabombs.

Nope, new rules.

As somebody who has actually been trained how to use grenades, it makes WAY more sense than "all ten dudes run up and slap a grenade on a vehicle/building at the same time," thing that was happening before. It runs the extreme risk of killing one of your own guys in the process, so unless theirs a rule that reflects this, 1 per squad or even 1 per five/ten models makes far, far more sense

>allied Fortification detachment
??

>siege manlets

No, YOU don't care.

Very different things, user.

reading comprehension

I was pointing out that other user was retarded because one krak grenade per assault phase will never kill a maulerfiend

The Melta rule lets you roll an extra d6 for armor penetration while within half range of the weapon.

What's half the range on a melee weapon?

Why is this image such a meme? How is this shit any worse than the rest of that guy's range?

as someone who doesn't play, whats the current issue with orks? I see people complaining a lot and something about L2? I2?

None that still espouse their old heraldry. Silver Skulls are supposedly Iron Warriors, Grey Knights were founded by a Thousand Son, various others became "successor chapters" of one legion or the other or got killed in the Scouring.

one retard keeps posting it and anons like you keep feeding him (YOU)s

>FAQ
lol no

We don't play with the FAQ because it's dumb.
Good try though, prehaps when you guys realize you shouldn't follow shitty fan-suppliments on facebook you'll enjoy the game more.

What should I aim to get after I get the Start collecting Dark Eldar?

Not as part of those legions themselves. Unless you count the Alpha Legion meme.

wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Nathaniel_Garro

>were founded by a thousand son

eh no proof

it makes sense and I ship it

but you can't say "were founded by a thousand son"

the GKs were founded by four space marines of unnamed chapters with the exception that two of them are from traitor legions

(my money is on 1k sons and world eaters, because who else would train a chapter of melee eccentric psykers)

>we play with house rules that negatively influence my gameplay experience
>you guys are retards

yeah, you sure showed us user, meanwhile my maulerfiend happily eats space marines all day
but no, you're right, it sure sucks to be me

Planetary Onslaught has cool stuff for terrain, including new detachments.

Also, you can easily get a Fort. if you run a bare-bones CAD, even without the new rules, and there's a Fort choice that allows him to take all of those things as a single choice.

janus, the first of the grey knights and the one who the rest come from, was made up of a thousand sons marine, combined with a shard of magnus' psychic presence, as a science project by malcador.

>shitty fan-suppliments on facebook
?

games-workshop.com/en-US/Rules-Errata

>when will they learn

>fanmade

games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata?_requestid=7986573#40k-errata

u wot

>literally first party
>fan supplement
Here's your (You), grow up and get over the nerf like the rest of us have.

Just played a 1200 point game with my AdMech vs Tyranids. Lost in Kill Points after 5 turns, (the store was closing too).

My biggest mistake was too few bodies and not taking an Icarus Array on my Dunecrawler, since his Flyrant just tore the shit out of my guys.

Had fun though, and my Infiltrator Princeps took out a whole squad of Termagants. Definitely the play of the game.

Ah, my bad.

Yeah, you right, that's a pretty dumb assumption.

IIRC, any Melta melee weapon rolls the extra D6.

I know this is bait but -

>Fan-supplement

What the fuck are you talking about? Its on the GW website?

reminder that content produced by gw is NOT CANON

Someone help me out? Thank you :3

The fuck is a fortification detachment? You done goofed.

Rules =/= cannon. Content produced by GW is official rules.

another start collecting kit
venoms
armored assault
more kabalite warriors or trueborn
gangs of commorragh (out soon)

whatever you want really

if you want talos engines those are pretty ok

>age of sigmar
Lel, did you really not think I would check the link?

The so called "FAQ" meanings nothing if it's published over facebook, I mean, how do you even know that's the real GW and not some troll?
Anyone can publish anything while pretending to be the real thing, just look at the 'space 0din update' to Orks they're trying to push as geninue.

That's literally part of the 7e rulebook though. Only one grenade per phase, and the FAQ even says read the rulebook.

Reminder that Warhammer 40k is NOT CANON

sorry user, it's clearly a fan-supplement on facebook, content produced by gw is NOT CANON, and they're all FAN SUPPLEMENTS

this guy gets it

Here's your non Facebook link you ignorant troll.

warhammer-community.com/2016/11/22/warhammer-40000-rulebook-final-faq/

Another start collecting sounds great. Are Reavers any good though?

I'd grab a second start collecting actually. You wont need the second Archon, but everything else is great. From there consider more Reavers, Razorwing Jetfighter, Venoms, or some Haemonculus Coven stuff. You might also want a Succubus for a cheap combat HQ.

Kabalites in Venoms is the bread and butter of Dark Eldar lists, so a Venom or two would be a good pickup. Scourges are good too and they have gorgeous models.

yeah

news:

- Eldar big box:
Yriel, Sylandri Veilwalker, Gyrinx, Iyanna Arienal, Valossian Sythrac & grav vehicle, a Sentinel of the Black Library.

- Eldrad Ulthran clampack

Reminder that Games Workshop is NOT CANON

Reavers are one of the best units in DE at the moment.

They're very good.

reminder, as with brexit, warhammer40k is not canon

>Kabalites in Venoms is the bread and butter of Dark Eldar lists
Less essential now that Raider gunboats work again. But yeah, a good pickup.

>sylandri

THE MONKEIGH HIDE IN METAL BOXES, THE COWARDS! THE FOOLS!
SSSSYLANDRII!

don't get political man.

Really? How should I equip them/What should their purpose be?

with the FAQ flip flop the raiders aren't so bad, splinter racks are pretty cool

just avoid any template weapons

Throwing refers to shooting attacks, you can't shoot in to melee therefore the rule doesn't apply, you're not throwing anything!

There, was that too much for you to understand? Unless it specifically says you can't HIT a unit with more than grenade it doesn't stop shit.

Raider gunboats are too expensive, and altho they can get a 3 up jink are still way too flimsy