>free DFC fleet builder
dflist.com/

>Where to order DFC from
waylandgames.co.uk/3951-dropfleet-commander
miniaturemarket.com/table-top-miniatures/dropfleet-commander.html
thewarstore.com/dropfleet-commander-preorder.html

>DFC Kickstarter, lots of useful information to drudge through
kickstarter.com/projects/hawkwargames/dropfleet-commander

Reminder to ignore bait, unless it is masterfully crafted.

Note: There's currently a non-official fan DFC and DZC unit design contest going on at Hawk's forums. Check it out if you have an account.
hawkforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=9444
hawkforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=9445

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/12121077
dflist.com/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

First faction I should choose guys?

Shaltari look fucking sweet but shopkeep said they're difficult to play.

DFC or DZC?

DZC.

Yeah, their teleportation and move/fire rules are pretty freaky to get used to I hear, but they're not that bad.

What do you like about the Shaltari? The aesthetics, the gameplay style?

The aesthetics mainly. They look the most alien out of the factions in my opinion.

Really hoping the next faction they add is alien and weird as fuck.

Yeah, the Shaltari aesthetics are top tier. I personally think they look the best from 1.0 to phase 2 and DFC, far more than the other factions.

Dave remodeling the original units with his newfound CAD prowess when?

If they decide to do that it will probably be at DZC 2.0. There's another expansion and who knows how much DFC stuff before then so there's likely to be quite a wait.

There are those rumors going around about phase 3 being the last expansion in the reconquest arc, so I'd expect 2.0 after that drops.

I'm expecting DFC 1.1 sometime in the late summer, with an updated rule book with non-KS battlecruisers and corvettes.

Ok, that pic has me interested. Can I get a brief description of why humanity is so fucking pissed in this game?

All core worlds and 90% of population lost to massive alien invasion after ignoring a vague warning a year prior. Those humans able to evacuate to the untouched outer colonies and scrable the local FTL beacons spend 160 years building up a military-centric civilization in order to launch a humanity-wide counterattack. In the midst of their final preparations for invasion, their stealth recon missions find out that the aliens invaded almost exclusively for the purpose of taking live humans to use as brain-infested meatpuppets for their offspring.

They're a bit peeved about the whole thing, to be honest.

REEEE GIB EARTH REMOVE JELLY EARTH RIGHTFUL HUMAN CLAY REEEEEE

>humanity has a few centuries of wars because of energy crisis
>discover fusion power, golden century or so
>Shaltari (hyper advanced not!Eldar grayys with hedgehog spines) show up, lead humanity to some choice planets because using human FTL to get anywhere is like finding spit in an ocean
>turns out the Shaltari helping humanity just wanted them as foot soldiers to kill other Shaltari, humanity tells them to fuck off, humanity keeps the choice planets
>weird alien tennisball falls to earth in South America, turns out its a hyper-advanced AI after it hacked the SA mainframe when an egghead put an electrode to it
>alien tennisball hires a merc company to rescue it, sends out a message to all of humanity boiling down to "Shit's going down, go to Vega if you want to get out of dodge"
>some of humanity goes to Vega, but also steal lots of ships to get there
>human government doesn't like that, cue hour-long civil war in spess where millions die
>sphere warps the survivors out to god knows where
>wounded human fleet goes on back to Earth
>suprise mothafucka, GIANT ALIEN FLEET roflstomps Earth and humanity's core worlds in a matter of hours
>only a small portion of humanity escapes to their backwater colonies
>95% of humanity is killed or captured, because the invading aliens, the Scourge, are actually bodysnatcher neuroparasites
>jump forward about 200 years, humans surviving on the colonies have turned them into the UNITED COLONIES OF MAN, and have built the largest war machine in human history just so they can go kick the ass of the Scourge and take their worlds back
>cyborgs show up a few hours before d-day, tell the UCM they're fucking retarded and to chill
>cyborgs are the Post Human Republic (PHR) , and the descendants of the humans to escaped with the tennisball
>UCM tells them to fuck off, they do so
>UCM attacks Scourge, Scourge is surprised because no one attacks them
>PHR and Shaltari are dicking around with everyone because they're both not!Eldar

What would you guys like to see the next faction? Gimmick wise?

Highly efficient light ships along with cheap superheavies; mediums and heavies being being acceptably powerful, but less efficient than they are in other factions.

Imagine if the world your race grew up on the original worlds you spread to along with your loved ones died to fucking jellies. Now imagine your loved ones offspring their surviving relatives nothing more then mind slave hosts to said jellies. Imagine in your darkest hour a portion of humanity giving you the middle finger and fucking off to god knows where. Imagine the hedgehogs you thought were friends turn their backs on your telling you were nothing more than cannon fodder to them.

Would you be fucking pissed and want revenge? I would.

Remove jelly, remove separatists, remove hedgehogs.

What is the hands down best battlecruiser in the game, /dcg/?

strawpoll.me/12121077

that is hands down the basilisk/akuma, weapons free no spike, silent running 1 weapon, fast, decent armor, not to expensive compared to other BCs, if everyone could take one I think they would.

It's probably really the Akuma or Ruby, but I voted for the Perth anyway because giant lasers are the coolest.

Basilisk/Akuma.
Not only does it have a stupidly high damage output, but removing all but the no-turns penalty of weapons Free makes it absurd.

IMO a far more capable battleship than the Scourge BB.

Next best up is the Avalon/Perth. Then maybe the PHR gun BC. I think the PHR Carrier BC's a trap.

>when you stop caring and give into the memes
I'm actually going to be mad if this works when I proxy it.

--------------------------------------
Maximum Memes - 1500pts
Scourge - 15 launch assets

SR20 Vanguard battlegroup (410pts)
1 x Basilisk - 205pts - H
+ Fleet Overlord (100pts, 5AV)
1 x Akuma - 205pts - H

SR20 Vanguard battlegroup (410pts)
1 x Akuma - 205pts - H
1 x Akuma - 205pts - H

SR10 Line battlegroup (280pts)
1 x Hydra - 140pts - M
1 x Hydra - 140pts - M

SR6 Line battlegroup (172pts)
1 x Hydra - 140pts - M
1 x Gargoyle - 32pts - L

SR2 Pathfinder battlegroup (64pts)
2 x Gargoyle - 64pts - L

SR2 Pathfinder battlegroup (64pts)
2 x Gargoyle - 64pts - L
------------- dflist.com -------------

Actually, wait, if I drop the 1hydra 1gargoyle BG and replace it with a Chimera and 3x Nickar, this might actually work.

>Akumas with fighter screens
No thank you sir.

Alright people, I want solutions on my desk. In-theater scourge commanders are fielding a large number of Akuma-class Battlecruisers, and we need to counter this if the invasion is to stay on plan for Phase 3.

I'll leave you all to your work.

As always men, fuck xenos.

Taipei-chan and New York-sama might do the job, with the brawlers backing them up.

>fuck xenos
I'm trying, sir!

Are corvettes mandatory auto-picks?

I wouldn't go that far, but they're cheap and more efficient at the important task of strike carrier removal than anything else. A generally good thing to bring along, but not mandatory.

The key problem is one of range, we need to get closer, that means we need to be faster. Then there's the problem of Armour and HP.

So, we need something with a speed of at least 10" and the ability to cause serious damage.

I propose something from their own playbook: Light Cruiser squadrons backed up by Close Action Frigates. A pair of New Cairo's or Osaka's backed up with a pair or more of Taipei missile frigates, closing with all speed, avoiding spikes and activating after the Battlecruisers where possible.

Maybe we could bait the ships out of Silent Running by presenting tempting but ultimately cheap and replaceable shipping to them? A Madrid perhaps?

They NCs will have a problem firing because of the narrow arc. It is going to be point blank fighting so it is Taipei chan all day every day, backed up by some Seattles to score some long range damage with the fighters. It also means that if they decided to not go silent running one turn, they will eat a lot of heavy mass drive shots to the face.

Don't forget New Yawk. 2 torpedoes and loads of strike craft to fuck shit up with, not to mention enough HP to grit her teeth and take a weapons free if she has to.

Well the New York would be a better counter to the rest of his fleet, but against the basilisks you wouldn't want one big ship. Lots of smaller ships to give him more targets to shoot at verse concentrating all 16 potential damage points is the way to go. Especially because it would force him to spread out his numerous ships to hit critical targets.

The torpedoes aren't going to have a shot for a while either. Its not that the NY is bad, its just not the ideal counter here.

Honestly, I think 4 Taipei's would probably work best, if you can get them in close enough.

Best counter is a Lima'd up Perth with a bunch of Madrids, San Frans, Santiagos and New Orleans, with some Taipeis and maybe Seattles sprinkled in for actual killing. Akumas can't land troops, if you play the objective hard enough and blow jelly objective ships then they can't do shit.

Lima's don't work on full cloak Sempai.

They're not for the battlecruisers, they're for the Chimeras. The most fun part of playing the objective is kicking the absolute shit out of enemy objective ships as soon as possible. It's the same reason Santiagos are important. After that is done they can light up any part of the supporting fleet dumb enough to not be a frigate in atmosphere.

Accidently bough the two player starter set... I know that small games are around 900 points, so what would I need to add to the starter to get that?

While limas and an avalon are good standbys, you have to look at the list and see what he brought. There is only one chimera and a lot of small troopships. The issue is that his Basilisks are going to be much better suited to killing off your own objective grabbers. Each of the four has a good chance to pop a strike carrier in a single volley. They will simply eat a troop ship alive in one volley as well.

You are much better off taking out his hydras with your avalon and limas with the Seattle guns and then going after the akumas with taipeis. It is safe to say one of those hydras will drop early on and maybe some good damage done to the second before the avalon dies. Focusing your carriers on an akuma could drop one in 2 turns. Since he has all big ships he loses a lot of fire power when each one dies, where as your own standard list will have a lot more staying as it takes a lot of shots to pop the numerous Taipeis and longer range seattles.

Which game

>Imagine in your darkest hour a portion of humanity giving you the middle finger and fucking off to god knows where.

There was no middle finger, they just made the right choice.

>b-b-but erf represent!
>human loyalty!

I guarantee you that every man, woman and child being neuro-puppeteered by the Scourge has been thinking one thing and one thing only for the last 200ish years of their agonising existences: "I wish so fucking bad that I'd gone to Vega when I had the chance."

>right choice abaonding human race and stealing ships
>right chice stabbing human race in the back on multiple occasions instead of helping with reconquest
>right chie giving nukes to a homicidal maniac
>right ci acting like a bunch of smug assholes and not sharing any intel int he first place
STFU BALL LICKER

They started a civil war so they could make a blind jump into the unknown based on an incredibly vague message from a poorly understood source. It happened to work out, but plenty of supremely stupid decisions are fully capable of working out.

Really though, the abandonist stuff is forgivable. What truly makes the PHR subhuman scum is the shit they've pulled since they got back. They're smug cunts that are literally worse than Shaltari. At least the xenos admit they're dickheads.

If you weren't such a baseline it would be perfectly logical to you too.

It is perfectly logical. The PHR are just huge fucking inhuman cocks that deserved removed from the universe like the rest of the xeno scum.

>previously manipulated and fucked over by advanced aliens
>advanced alien device shows up and tells you to do things
>WHAT COULD POSSIBLY GO WRONG
Hey, I won't deny that it worked out. I'm just saying it would have been a really good trap. You could send them coordinates to the surface of a star for shits and giggles.

>right choice abonding human race and stealing ships

Yes. They didn't abandon the human race, by the way, they saved part of it.

>right chice stabbing human race in the back on multiple occasions instead of helping with reconquest

But user, the PHR have already reconquered a whole system that mankind had previously considered lost. They're more successful in Reconquest than the UCM has been.

>right chie giving nukes to a homicidal maniac

Salakhan already had the nukes, nobody knew about them. Tip top tier villain, by the way, I actually hate him despite really enjoying how he plays on the tabletop.

>They started a civil war so they could make a blind jump into the unknown based on an incredibly vague message from a poorly understood source.

It was still the right choice to make. It saved everyone that made it from the Scourge. Whether it was feasible to get all of mankind over Vega is questionable, and I don't know if it is or isn't possible - that's not information the fluff supplies. But it would have been the right choice for as much of mankind as possible to head out to Vega.

>but you can't expect the Cradle World governments to just go with some vague warning

Maybe not. It's an immense leap of faith. But it was still the right thing to do in the end, and I 100% would not blame anyone for going to Vega... because they turned out to be correct. The only reason the UCM hates the PHR isn't that the PHR was wrong in any way - it's because the existence of the PHR proves that they were totally fucking wrong to ignore the sphere's warning, and that rustles them to no end. 95% of the people that stayed were killed or subjected to a fate worse than death by the Scourge. 100% of the people that left got to become actual posthumans, got to build a highly advanced society, etc. Imagine how fucking amazing the Reconquest would be going if the PHR were the larger faction, considering how well they're doing with like 1% of the UCM's population.

>100% of the people that left got to become the half-plastic puppets of an inscrutable alien AI*

Considering how advanced it was, it could have launched all their nukes or or ICBMs as it was without issue. Or overloaded every fusion plant on earth. Or left EW drek that shut down every computer on earth for the next three decades.

Oh wait, it hacked all of human space at once. Nevermind, it could have done that to every human installation that depended on a power source and a computer.

Because they don't want to kill the humans they want their own slave race to be their thralls.

>it's because the existence of the PHR proves that they were totally fucking wrong to ignore the sphere's warning, and that rustles them to no end.
I don't hold that against them. It's the constant manipulation and slaughter of UCM personnel, the smug refusal to divulge any information whatsoever or explain the reasons for their extremely shitty actions, and perhaps most importantly the fact that they've all had their bodies modified by an alien entity that pretty obviously has some sort of ulterior motives that it is unwilling to share.

Yeah, but that's not funny. Sending them some vague message and then watching them start a fucking civil war over it before launching themselves into the sun is funny. When you're that advanced fucking with primitive space empires can be a form of entertainment just like any other.

Thralls? Maybe. Higher standard of living than UCM? Pretty definitely.

Might be an uplift kind of thing, "you and your descendants serve our aims (and yours too, this isn't some deal with a devil, c'mon) for a few hundred years, we'll give you sweet tech and a fairly functional society to go with it."

I'd take a lifetime as a superior posthuman over a lifetime as some UCM citizen, no matter which one.

If they can do whatever they want and are motivated by pure sociopathy, you can make them kill you or you can play along until they aren't so overwhelmingly powerful. Now, I know which one would be the proper choice for "They keep in the war by sheer force of spite alone", but practically? For the perpetuation of the human race?

So far all we know about the PHR is that it has a way higher standard of living than the UCM, and the Sphere is not actually its ruler, just an advisor.

So they're hardly thralls.

at worst they're colonial india, but zounds more A E S T H E T I C

>It's the constant manipulation and slaughter of UCM personnel

Apparently most UCM commanders open fire on PHR representatives immediately, no questions asked, so I don't really blame them for shooting first if they're there to do something.

no initially they didnt, then a number of UCM patrols were massacred without warning, and ever since then due to not knowing what the dicks are on about most UCM personnel have a shoot first ask questions later policy.

Frankly you can say what you want but the PHR are being dicks possibly for no reason, they know something is up, and they didnt tell the UCM for whatever reasons they have concocted.

I've read the rules to Dropfleet and I love the battleship-sub thing it's got going on. What are the factions like, though?

Flavor wise or rules wise?

IT'S A GOOD DAY TO DIE, WHEN YOU KNOW THE REASON WHY
chaotic evil xenos
smug humans
smug aliens

second best at everything except for fighters, but all their carriers are also gunships anyway
go fast and melt everything at close range
BROADSIDES and bulwark and terrifying bombers
fucking cheating high-tech xenos

Higher standard of living we know of or so far. Minus the eventual forced combat against an alien race who may or may not have done anything to you. Who knows if they will keep using you when the time comes where your usefulness it past. But for now better the happy slave than the free man with perils of having to make your own decisions.

On a more serious note, it is highly likely they are thralls. No one just gifts stuff like that. You don't take a group of refugees and turn them into an aggressive militarist power for funsies. From what Dave has hinted at, there is going to be a catch and its going to be a big one. I think at the end the PHR are going to embrace it willingly for most part though, because they are a cult now.

I think I have posed it before but after the reveal there eventually going to be schism in the PHR with a sphere supporters and then a go our own why type. The go your own way supporters are going to be one of the other factions in the list of planned ones.

>UCM
LOTS of turreted guns.
Second toughest faction.
Jack of all trades elsewise.
Hands down best beams in the game.
Shit fighters and bombers, but their carrier have proper weaponry so it balances out.
Second best general close action

>Scourge
Fast and fragile
Most overall firepower concentrated into any one arc among any faction.
Carriers are breddy gud.
Best generalist close action ships.

>PHR
T o u g h
Most overall firepower among all the factions, but it's split into broadsides
EXCELLENT bombers
Excellent frigates
Second worst general close action

>Shaltari
Fast, the most fragile
Cheeki breeki sneeki deeki cunts
Lots of bullshit fuckery like shields and teleporting ground assets
Huge scan, tiny signature.
Great fighters
Most of their weaponry is in the F(N) arc, so lots of attack runs rather than brawling
Worst general close action, specialist close action is arguably equal to the Scourge in some ways.

Revenge seeking human race, styled off Colonial Marines from (alien film)

Body snatcher types that go planet to planet to get host bodies to run around in - styled of xenomorphs (alien film) mixed with tyranids and a dash of cylons

cyber human race that is mysterious and led by a high tech alien device. motives yet to be revealed by it is likely the motives are grey.

not eldar aliens - clan based, high tech and master manipulators - have kind of a space tribal theme mixed with eldar styles.

PHR has the worst close action.

Hogs have the beam close action frigate that is pretty nice.

UCM: Humans basically the Standard against which other factions are measured
Pros: Good armor, Good weapons, best arcs of fire, solid burnthrough lasers, and a number of excellent support frigates
Cons: Slowest Speed, Shortest scan, unremarkable launch assets

PHR: Post-Humans, the heavy armor heavy firepower faction
Pros: Heavier armor, heavier firepower, decent scan, effective bombers, powerful frigates
Cons: limited arcs specifically to the sides, poor frontal weaponry, Role Specific ships, crap point defense

Scourge: Bad guy faction basically bodysnatchers
Pros: High damage weapons, fast ships, stealthy ships, Highly effective close action weapons, At short range reduce enemy armor value
Cons: Less armor, restricted arcs mostly frontal, larger signature

Shaltari: Ancient Alien dickbag faction
Pros: Exotic weapons with different effects, Good Close action weapons, Low Signature, High Scan, Shields, excellent fighters, Different troop deployment method
Cons: Light armor, very restricted arcs many front narrow. Different troop deployment method

Best girl continues to be best.

>says it is best girl
>looks like young david bowie

Yea androgyny!

Which is why I differentiate between general and specialist close action.

General: Close action found on every ship as an auxiliary weapon. Shark missiles, plasma storm, wasp drones, harpoon cascade, etc.

Specialist: Close action on ships specifically for close action: Piranha missiles, plasma tempest(storm, for Djinn), neutron missiles, microwave array, etc

Basically the UCM and Scourge follow the same CAW pattern, with the Scourge's just being BETTER in every way, both general and specialist.

PHR have mediocre general CAW, but it's 3+ so it's not that bad. Neutron missiles are great, but it's their only specialist CAW.

Shaltari have the worst general CAW since harpoon have so little shots, and on a 4+, but their beam CAW is excellent.

>Slowest Speed, Shortest scan, unremarkable launch assets
What? Their speed is equivalent in every way to the PHR, and their scan is equivalent to the Scourge.

Well, correction*
PHR battlecruisers are faster than UCM battlecruisers
UCM troopships are faster than PHR assault troopships
UCM corvettes are faster than PHR corvettes

when the speed ranking is UCM=PHR

But it's also misleading when you don't also have "slowest" in the PHR cons, or "short scan" in the Scourge cons. The UCM are no worse than either of them, but it's the only one with those listed as cons.

Dropfleet

Two starter fleets are about 1000 points, so just one more UCM or Scourge box is enough.

What ships do you think are underrated and will be part of the sleeper meta, and why?

>Jet
>fairly cheap as far as HC's go
>decent gun
>excellent specialized CAW
>marginal CAW along with that
>can utilize all of its firepower without going weapons free
>bombardment utility

>Saint Pete
>outright cheapest heavy cruiser in the game
>can cripple two cruisers at once if they're lined up, can outright destroy a heavy cruiser, and can cripple everything including a PHR battleship
>it has issues bringing both beams to bare when going weapons free, but can easily be solved by pairing it with another Pete to threaten multiple enemy BG's. E.G: git gud at tactics

I would buy a second two player starter and then a frigate box.

After that a battleship and you will be in a great spot with a lot of options.

Use dflist.com/ to make a sample list.

I think the St Pete pretty good, you don't even need two. Its the ultimate sniper. You just gotta put it in the back and target stuff that has got a lot of spikes on it. Firing from the max effective range and cleaning out forward targets will help to extent its life. It still has 3+ and 12 hull. If you keep her in the back corner at 18inch, you are only going to get return fire from a few ships not the whole enemy fleet. If you manage to take out more than two ships (something which it is likely to do in 2 turns of firing) you will make your points back and for your opponent to send ships out of the way to remove it.

The main problem with the pete is aiming; you can't turn while weapons free, meaning it NEEDS to go before its target.

Then again, considering what it would hunt, SR10 isn't that bad.

>you guys can't take back the homeworlds now, we won't share any further information about it but trust us you can't, we're just right
>also we're going to hamstring your war effort against the worst enemy humanity has ever known because that's just how we roll

REMOVE ABANDONISTS REMOVE ABANDONISTS

Literal species traitors.

>also we're going to hamstring your war effort against the worst enemy humanity has ever known because that's just how we roll

Why they're doing this is kinda obvious.

The UCM are too warlike and xenophobic to have peace with in the long run. They'd inevitably go after the PHR once the Scourge are dealt with due to muh abandonist scum memery. The PHR needs to take enough Cradle Worlds to ensure that the UCM can't roll them with superior numbers when that time comes.

They wouldn't have gone after the PHR if they the PHR had not been cocks. The first contact with mankind was a HUGE diplomatic blunder. There is not advantage to failing as hard as they did.

It would have been very easy to redirect UCM anger exactly where they wanted if they acted as benevolent supporters instead of arrogant cocks. There would have been massive benefits. The UCM could have still done the brunt of the fighting and instead of quarreling over PHR targets they could have played it off as just offering their support. Then waited and either subverted the UCM when the time was right or stabbed them in the back.

Instead they just failed hard at harnessing mankinds' potential and as a result was forced to just go into open conflict. The problem is they are so inhuman now, they are unable to understand mankinds view point. They made themselves an enemy and didn't even realize it because they has completely forgotten how to think like human beings.

r8, h8

2x starter list for Scourge and UCM for pitting against each other.

2x starter - 1199pts
UCM - 3 launch assets

SR20 Vanguard battlegroup (326pts)
1 x Moscow - 163pts - H
+ UCM Captain (20pts, 2AV)
1 x Moscow - 163pts - H

SR14 Line battlegroup (350pts)
2 x Berlin - 210pts - M
4 x Toulon - 140pts - L

SR7 Line battlegroup (196pts)
1 x Seattle - 132pts - M
2 x New Orleans - 64pts - L

SR8 Line battlegroup (177pts)
1 x San Francisco - 111pts - M
3 x Santiago - 66pts - L

SR5 Pathfinder battlegroup (130pts)
3 x Santiago - 66pts - L
2 x New Orleans - 64pts - L

===================
Scourge 2x Starter - 1197pts
Scourge - 5 launch assets

SR12 Vanguard battlegroup (224pts)
2 x Gargoyle - 64pts - L
1 x Raiju - 160pts - H
+ Fleet Champion (40pts, 3AV)

SR8 Line battlegroup (176pts)
1 x Ifrit - 110pts - M
3 x Nickar - 66pts - L

SR14 Line battlegroup (382pts)
2 x Wyvern - 210pts - M
4 x Djinn - 172pts - L

SR8 Line battlegroup (171pts)
1 x Chimera - 105pts - M
3 x Nickar - 66pts - L

SR7 Pathfinder battlegroup (204pts)
1 x Hydra - 140pts - M
2 x Gargoyle - 64pts - L

Something tells me the UCM would go for them no matter what. They've been using the Abandonists as political scapegoats for over a hundred years.

It's very telling that when they first met the UCM, the UCM's first response - before even asking how they had survived, why they should be trusted, etc - was to say "Ey, admit you were wrong, admit it, say you're sorry."

I get the impression the PHR knew nothing they could do initially could stop the UCM from warring on them once the Cradle Worlds were taken, so they decided to stall them and let the war lengthen until new info surfaced that would direct the UCM's anger elsewhere. Which is basically what has happened with the Shaltari.

Also, since the Shaltari are specifically trying to keep humans and scourge from winning, the better to just murder each other, the PHR could conceivably be trying to keep the UCM from looking like they're winning too much, to keep the Shaltari from intervening more aggressively (or destructively).

Kill a few regiments and contest a few landing sites to keep the Shaltari from leaking UCM homeworlds to the scourge as early, or worse.

>1200 point game
That's a fairly strange points cost, but it's nice to see that each is exactly 6 cruisers, 8 frigates, and 6 corvettes.

Since those are clash sized games, I'd make the Sanfran BG into a pathfinder BG, and split the Berlin BG equally into two line BGs, 1 Berlin 2 Toulon each.

Same thing for the Scourge, with their Chimera BG and their Wyvern BG.

Otherwise, they look fairly solid. I'm a bit concerned about the UCM's gun firepower, but the Scourge have enough CAW and better launch to counter it.

Yes they disliked the abandonists, but this pales in comparison to their hatred of the scourge.

There would have been some initial distrust, but a group of fellow humans, with valuable intelligence and maybe logistical support would have been very welcome. Instead it was a group of arrogant jerks who basically said do as we say. There was no olive branch because the PHR don't give a shit about the cradle worlds.

If the PHR knew the UCM were never going to go for it, that is actually worse. They just revealed their existence and antagonized a hostile power for nothing.

Moreover, they are so far actually wrong about reconquest. The UCM has made great strides to retake cradle worlds. They achieve complete surprise and evidence has shown the scourge are staying put for now while they try to breed human hosts. This is in spite lots of PHR opposition and sabotage.

If the PHR has teamed up with the UCM it would have been a sure victory provided all the scourge are located in cradle world space. Instead they created an enemy because only space ball goals matter to them.

to be quite honest, PHR are mor elike Not!Tau mixed with (Chaos Space marines in spirit only) who are hipster cyber-elitist social justice warriors.

my favorite faction

The fall of the EAA is two grandfathers out, user. Everybody that had a real opinion on the Scourge is dust that's gotten itself back into the ecosystem somehow, and these are the indoctrinated grandchildren of indoctrinated grandchildren, a society with the spontaneous social commitment to carry out interstellar invasions at appalling cost, over and over. What we have here is the centuries-on ramifications of an off-the-cuff social engineering decision that nobody at the time thought would be particularly relevant come the day. Only it is, and if the UCM isn't spent after the cradle worlds campaigns, they ain't stopping.

>If the PHR has teamed up with the UCM it would have been a sure victory provided all the scourge are located in cradle world space.

And I'm saying there was never a chance of that lasting.

The UCM in some ways hates the Abandonists more than the Scourge. There was always going to be a fight.

The original diplomatic message seems to have been a "eh, just try it" attempt to stall the UCM while the PHR entrenched themselves. We now know that they've been preparing to retake a bunch of Cradle Worlds for ages - they've probably got their tendrils in all of then, and seemed to have been cooperating with the Asgard resistance for quite some time.

>There was no olive branch because the PHR don't give a shit about the cradle worlds.

They clearly do though. There was no olive branch because the UCM didn't really want one. They wanted to PHR to bow down and say they were bad and wrong for everything that happened in the past, and then assist the UCM in taking the Cradle Worlds back for itself. There was no way they'd ever have willingly let the PHR take any of them, and that's pretty much unacceptable from the viewpoint of a stellar power.

Honestly, aside from the PHR and Shaltari dickery, the Reconquest is going extremely well so far.

Literally, the Scourge are losing on all fronts.
Eden? Beaten.
Elysium? Beaten.
Olympus? Beaten, though at great cost.
Ferrum? Beaten. Scourge objectives not accomplished.
Aluminia? Scourge objective accomplished, at hard cost to themselves. Not a huge amount of military value.
Magnanum? Looking to be a nasty grind-out fight. All the cards are in the UCM's hands, and the system is of little value.

So, when you are attacking a technologically superior opponent who's got an 180 year lead on you in fortifying, who is also 1.5x numerically superior in their space fleet--- and you're winning on all fronts including repulsing a surprise counter attack? That's called winning. Even with PHR and Shaltari dickery.

>Maganum
You mean Wolfrum, right?

In any case, Aluminia is actually very important, and would have been a massive blow to the UCM had they not taken Elysium.

The UCM is really behind schedule, Eden is the only true success, and their strategic reserve is fully committed- that's the big one, things could swing against them at any point from here on out. Ironically if it weren't for the PHR's second front, they'd have lost momentum.

>looking into dzc
>Plastic starter is only like 30 bucks

Well fuckin A that's cheap.

>Best Girl
>When the Aurelia Felix exists
>implying

So the resistance is getting a a dude in a tilt rotor as a hero? Along with the tilt rotor being a transport for resistance special forces? Then you have some hatchet man guy? What vehicle does he use?

Be aware, there's some loss of detail in the plastics compared to the Resin. Most of the vehicles only lose a bit of detail, but the infantry take the biggest hit.

Especially the PHR, pic related. The other factions are still workable, but the PHR goes from faceless death masked warriors to 1950's Sci Fi robots.

Shit, I forgot, the infantry are metal. Still applies, but I shouldn't try and create when its late.

>Aluminia? Scourge objective accomplished, at hard cost to themselves. Not a huge amount of military value.
Yeah, being able to feed yourself is irrelevant, militarily.

Starting in to DZC/DFC, going UCM. For DropZone I currently have 2 of the starter boxes and 2 Raven troop transports. What should I get next? Im starting new with a group of friends so I dont know anyone who has played it locally for advice on the next purchases.

Kodiak is pretty useful, along with some Wolverines. Play around with this list builder inna OP and see what you come up with.

Are there only 2 books at the moment? Have the core book in hand, with the expansion on the way. See a lot of units in shops not in the core rulebook.

There's currently:
DZC 1.1 (core)
Reconquest: Phase 1 (expansion 1)
Reconquest: Phase 2 (expansion 2)

DFC 1.0 (core)