Talk me into buying an Eldar army without using "muh D whipunz" argument

Talk me into buying an Eldar army without using "muh D whipunz" argument.

I'm going to buy a new army anyways so I could get talked into any faction, really

>no replies
>I PLAY ELDAR FOR THE FLUFF NO REALLY
Fuckin lol. Anyway op, speaking as someone who has a secondary eldar army, looks. Scorpions, Dire Avengers, Wraith anything, all look baller.

Seconding that Striking Scorpions alone are worth it in concept

eldar got asthetic options out the ass.
greens, reds, blues. Metallic accents, bone accents. Tassels, hair, robes and cloaks. Armour and swords. And of course delucious elf flesh. It's a painters dream.

They got all sortsa neat models that could be a fun time to model/paint.

Play Iron Hands! We have Iron Hands! IRON. HANDS.

Aspect warriors are fucking cool.

My hermano.

GO MILITARUM TEMPESTUS

THEY'RE LIKE DARK ELDAR BUT MANLY

DARK ELDAR ARE KIND OF LIKE ELDAR BUT MANLIER

MILITARUM ARE 2X MANLIER THAN ELDAR

DO YOU KNOW WHAT RHYMES WITH MILITARUM TEMPESTUS

MILITARUM TEMPEST-GET A FUCKING BOX OF SCIONS

You can take 3 tanks, put 3 squads of guys all with melta weapons at BS 5, and deepstrike them turn 2 with no scatter, drop them out, fuck up some shit, then move the tanks and fuck some more shit up, and thats only like 600 points of your 1500 pt army? In other words do you like winning alot?

I've actually never ever seen ready access to D weapons used as a selling point for Eldar.

In terms of fluff though, Eldar are pretty cool imo. Firstly you have all those traditional, cliche, but still enjoyable Elf tropes. Eldar are an ancient declining race, find it hard to replace losses, but are extremely skilled at what they do. But Eldar don't simply have these traits dumped on them like some Elves, it's all reasonably explained. They're extremely skilled due to actually practicing for years while studying a particular Path, and the Path system itself also makes sense due to the Craftworlder's whole central idea of being disciplined to avoid the excess that doomed their species. Eldar are also hard to replace because each one dying represents decades of experience along a path being lost.

They also draw a lot of flavour in terms of both aesthetics and fluff from ancient pagans, mostly Greeks and Celts. Eldar have one of the coolest belief systems in the entire setting due to being polytheistic, and having their polytheistic gods be actual flawed characters, much like the Greeks. Eldar gods feud with each other, and with the Eldar themselves, they die, they get captured, and they deceive each other. On top of that, a lot of it is presented as an actual mythology, stories made by the Eldar to explain how the world was created and how it works. Soul stones were forged by the smith god Vaul, Eldar were given life by their chief god Asuryan breathing life into them, and all other life in the world was born from a single tear of the fertility goddess Isha. Many other factions in the 40k setting have gods, but I can't think of a single other that actually uses those gods as a tool to explain the world around them. It also means that Eldar are the polytheistic empire in decline against the newer monotheistic empire that is the Imperium, a metaphor for the conflict between paganism and Christianity in the ancient world.

>elda
>rayp
no it doesn't rhyme

In terms of tabletop, Eldar can be a lot of fun if you like an extremely mobile and very elite force. Eldar can claim almost all of the fastest moving units in 40k, and even their most basic infantry is still d6" faster than other factions. You can even kit out an autarch with enough speed-enhancing items that they're able to move as much as 69" in a single turn. If you really want to be able to decide exactly where and when a fight is happening on the board, Eldar are one of the best armies for it since you can simply run away from a bad one.

Their army in general also pretty great. You have options for anything from fielding jetbike hosts, to desperate armies of civilian soldiers and witches, to armies of super tough undead constructs. No matter what you're playing against Eldar have a way to fight it, and fight it in style. The Eldar unit range is one of my favourites (alongside the Dark Eldar) because of how sleek and fast everything looks, and how colourful even a generic warhost can be. Eldar is a fragile army of faggoty space elves, and their units really reflect it, especially alongside huge bulky and ponderous-looking miniatures like Space Marines or Guard vehicles.

Aspects are the coolest. They look cool, their fluff is cool and they all have cool, fun rules.

>Hawks can shit out grenades, punch planes out the sky with super special Bahurkan manoeuvres, blind fuckers with loadsalazers and then run away with ALL THE MOVEMENT IN THE WORLD
>Reapers can unsaddle bikers with rerolls on their 360 no scope missile shots and anti-jink range finders and will absolutely DELETE muhreens
>Infiltrating Scorpions have cover saves for days and the Exarch will smack around Chaos Lords and Battlesuit Commanders like they owe him money
>Avengers can rip up anything with a toughness value with A3 rending once per game
>Dragons are sexually aroused by anything with vehicle armour and can be deepstruck in non-scattering falcon squadrons for much hilarity
>Warp Spiders will BAMF in your opponents face, bukakke something and then dodge return fire taking away target priority from your shees and spears
>Your entire army can be WS5 or BS5 with rerollable ld9 cuz you aint afraid of no cunt

Do it you fuck. Khaine wills it.

I do love that more than any other faction, everything about their history and lore is reflected in their units, army structure and how they play.

Huh. How would these guys do in a game of Kill Team?

Hawks are godly in KT. 18+d6" movement, Haywire on everything, and enough anti-infantry dakka to kill anything but really tough units. Really tough units can be handled pretty easily by any of your troop choices thanks to bladestorm/fusion guns though.

>tfw Banshees

But honestly, the formation allowing you to make a full Aspect list is some of the coolest shit in 40k, such a shame the AWs are still shitcast only.

>fucking Eldar bikes are OP
I got shanked for times in a row by a guy fielding six of those fuckers and just steam rolling my sweet Thousand Sons.
I had to take a solid week and repaint with them and some guard as Alpha Legion (and cultists) just so I could field enough canon fodder to pin the bikes down long enough to bring in my dreadnought. The look on his face was worth it but damn was it a pain in the ass.

I agree they are OP, but don't TS have ap3 bolters? Seems like just the thing they were made for

>Tfw Pale Court detachment allows you to swap your guardian/farseer core choice for Avenger Shrine and Autarch
>Autarch gets rerolls to boot

No plastic is the only thing a Biel-Tan fan can complain about these days, but with Fall of Cadia making specific mention of them in the big Eldar alliance release they're building too we might not be waiting too much longer. Maybe even some updated Phoenix Lords seeing as it is the Rhana Dandra and all? Probably getting too wishful.

If the bikes have any heavy weapons they can fire at 24" or 36" range and then jump 2d6". Pretty easy to kite slow and purposeful units like that, and even if you did shoot at them, they can just jink for a cover save.

Because soon they will be grand alliance Aeldar (tm)
Just check out the gathering storm 2 teaser video

I can't wait for Age of the Emperor. I know fluffwise Eldar are only ever going to get kicked in the sack, but Elf/Delf besties is the objective coolest way to run them.

I've got around 300$ of dark eldar, including a codex that i'll sell you for 125$.
Email's [email protected]

Eternity Lord Yriel incoming.

Well, if AoS is anything to judge by, GW is looking for an excuse to squat Slaanesh and if anyone is set up to do it in 40k it's the elves, so maybe they'll be allowed to win for once.

Post Deldar pls

>If the bikes have any heavy weapons they can fire at 24" or 36" range and then jump 2d6". Pretty easy to kite slow and purposeful units like that, and even if you did shoot at them, they can just jink for a cover save.
This is exactly what happened. Had those big laser canons on the bikes (I don't know much eldar) and just cut my shit to pieces. I finally just fielded a shit ton of cheap cultists, I mean I sent them out there with a rusty bayonet, thier swinging dick and a khorne banner, and had them box in the bikes. Then when I closed with the Legion it was all good.

I don't have pictures at the moment, I'm not at home.
I've got
1 succubus
1 venom
1 raider
6 reaver bikes
27 wyches
1 dark eldar codex
And all the extra bits

>27 wyches
That price had better have been in Zimbabwean dollars

USD.
A few wyches were lost.
The MSRP of this army is 298.55 USD.

So.... Why don't people y'all about doing this with deldar?
Aspect shrine for three buffed fire dragons plus MSU kabalitess in raiders, do a turn one disembark/embark and all of the sudden the fire dragons have a mobile fitting platform.
Did allies lose that benefit, or is the fitting delay shitty, or....?

Yeah, Super Sentai Aspect Warriors is the best. It's the greatest feeling in the world when all the gears connect and everyone done their job properly.

Yeah, the Eldar pretty much draw from everything to add to their mystical paganism. Everything to make them seem mystic and foreign. The Greek-style helmets and armor, or how their iconography incorporates Ancient Egyptian hieroglyphs, Chinese Taoism, and Celtic designs. The very Ragnarok-esque Rhana Dandra. It's all supposed to be provide a contrast to the very monotheistic super Catholic Europe that the Imperium is, like you said.

>Ancient Egyptian hieroglyphs

More like Sumerian runes. It's their helmets and pointy chinned farseers that are Egyptian.

Not that user, but I doubt you'll have any luck unloading 27 wyches, they're a contender for most useless unit right about now. My advice would be to sell the rest of it and give the wyches to some kid who just started and make his day. Warm fuzzies is about the best you can hope for with them.

For some reason, it never clicked in my head how much AW were like Power Rangers.

Alright boys, after these great posts I'm pretty confident I will buy an Eldar army. Anyone have any recommendations on where to start?

Eldar have been consistently powerful for several editions. Read the codex and the fluff and pick out an army that sounds fun based on that; don't build a WAAC list.
Eldar are good enough that a suboptimal list will still do well, so make a suboptimal list that's fluffy and fun and cool

Dire Avengers and a Farseer. Then wave serpent, War Walkers for support. Then pick the Aspect you like best, I went Scorps then Reapers, gonna get some Hawks next. Maybe get a Prism for multitasking. Spiders and Jetbikes if you don't mind people moaning, Shadow Spectres and Wraithlord if you do.

Oh, don't worry, I'm not a filthy WAAC player. I got the Codex from the MEGA folder and me likey Swooping Hawks and Dire Avengers.

Jetbikes look super cool. I'll be getting the Dire Avenger mechanized box then, I think it has a Wave Serpent in it.

The Eye of Isha looks like the Eye of Horus. But yeah, at this point we're just arguing over petty things. Also there's that weird little statuette thingy that Dire Avengers come with that looks like Sumerian statuary.

But yeah, I like how the Eldar aesthetics are more subtle in their references towards ancient/foreign mysticism than say Newcrons.

Pick an army base. Wraith army is an expensive, heavy infantry footslogger. Mobile army can be literally everything on jetbikes and/or tanks. Combined arms will get you set up in all sorts of ways because in addition to all of the specialized aspect warriors, you've also got several options for kitting out guardians as ablative wounds for artillery or tarpit mobs or kiting infantry screens.