Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

"Enchanted Inventory" Edition

Tell me about your magical gears, /pfg/

>THIS IS IMPORTANT!
If you want build advice make sure to say what 3pp you can use, if any.
>THIS IS IMPORTANT!

Unified /pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/JTj1yEmU

Avowed Playtest 1:
drive.google.com/open?id=0B5HkyGRtGZy3SWVhdWFBWERWWjg
Avowed Playtest 2: docs.google.com/document/d/1rV7kaF9JL2gw9xQalkEnlEDL9WXtbsaCqNABm_pLIgc/edit?usp=sharing
Malefex Playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1W3LrE8WyIxxYRr8d9dHsWioeUk_-HZaSMqVWRnzc9Fc/edit?usp=sharing
Legendary Kineticists II Playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/11_w1o5dSef2tzu2GDLnJKElHY3uyETzuzFHDAjI6P6k/edit?usp=sharing
Spheres of Might preview: docs.google.com/document/d/1aLaYQEFAWU4zQBx58boJPPaySLgJc0Emmw9eKyIJeGI/

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/document/d/1NyV2ScbDMk7WHwLQt8z8MVfBQfBsiVa3pykH_tcTGMY/edit?usp=sharing
d20pfsrd.com/magic-items/wondrous-items/wondrous-items/c-d/cloak-tentacle
docs.google.com/document/d/1tDAG5bs1VC_YGkBxR8J8IsfoPuAWOeLPeI1n9z_eeqc/edit
app.roll20.net/forum/post/4420260/character-applications
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Tell me about your magical gears, /pfg/

Like, most of my stuff is magical.

Comes with being a martial, I suppose.

How does an average CHA character compete with High CHA characters? Won't I just inevitably get cucked by some paladin stooge or some bard asshole?

>Detect Magic/Undead/Evil is a tricorder

Damn, this is a brilliant way to think about it. I'm completely serious: this gives me an excellent way to visualize its impact on the flow of a scene.

Wand of Vigorous Vibrations
Girdle of Gender Change
Potion of Invisibility
Scroll of Bigby's Groping Hand
'Cursed' Leather Armor of Binding
Tentacle Armor

>Repostan in the new thread

You may or may not remember me, but I'm the user who said he would be working on a retooling of the Armorist to not be so trash.

Now, I currently have an initial alpha version available for commentary and criticism ready for ya'll. Please feel free to comment on either the document or to this post on any issue or problems you see with the armorist. Further, I would also welcome you guys to post any ideas you would want to see for any new arsenal tricks as well.

docs.google.com/document/d/1NyV2ScbDMk7WHwLQt8z8MVfBQfBsiVa3pykH_tcTGMY/edit?usp=sharing

Also, as of now I'm still not too married to the current art, so if you have any decent armorist art as well, please feel free to share those as well!

In a Reign of Winter campaign I made a wondrous item of alter self so that Greta the winter wolf could follow along with the party after a set of stupidly good rolls when being introduced to her.

Depends on how the CHA is used and/or what else they bring to the table

>Wand of Vigorous Vibrations
>Girdle of Gender Change
>Potion of Invisibility
>Scroll of Bigby's Groping Hand
>'Cursed' Leather Armor of Binding
These ones please
And change the potion to one of trapification

>cursed leather armor of binding
I need a set to give to a waifu.
The wand too.

Better roleplaying!

My butt-ugly Warder has gotten fat-chested hotties to bed, and you can too!

How happy did Greta get at that item?

Did she have a little happy dance?

C O N V E R S I O N
I N Q U I S I T I O N

>Tentacle Armor
Its legit in PF. d20pfsrd.com/magic-items/wondrous-items/wondrous-items/c-d/cloak-tentacle

Incredibly so, promptly latched onto my character and stayed glued to them for the rest of the story. Like to the point that she tracked the party down the day after and interrupted our fight with the mirror guards just to join up.
Ended up taking leadership just to make things 'fair' and leveling her up so that she would keep up and be useful throughout the game.

Flying Merciful Whip
Scroll of Summon Monster waifu
Ring of (hymen) regeneration
Pink Oval Ioun Stone of subtle vibrations

>what else they bring to the table

They're handsome, emotionally damaged, brave, and selfless too.

What's his secret? My character is a compassionate person, but he's just really serious about Justice and Valor and stuff, plus he's a rustic guy with simple taste by birth.

>What's his secret?

It's literally a matter of doing a good job at the roleplay, and when a woman comes along that your character might be interested in, you express that interest.

>trapification

Make it a suit of magic armor that gradually molds and shapes the wearer to a perfect ideal, except that ideal was set based on a particularly androgynous aasimar who originally made it.

Oh my gosh that's cute! Cute! Cute!

Glad to hear you had such a happy ending with her.

Find somebody equally selfless, brave and especially emotionally damaged to bond over Justice and Valor and stuff with.

Oh hell, I misunderstood the question. The High CHA character is all of those things.
My average CHA character is just selfless and brave. He's pretty well-adjusted emotionally, since he's accepted that all acts are just movements in the Perpetual War of Good Against Evil.
I'm hesitant to say he's particularly handsome; his roll with the /pfg/-recommended Comeliness system gave him 14, but that was only on account of his race (half-elf).

>Saber
Trash tier waifu desu senpai.

You would have loved the epilogue.
Character carved out a large chunk of Irrisen to be a new home for his people (Fetchlings) and Greta went and brought all the Winter Wolves she could over to join them, with blessings from the new Witch Queen. It became the perfect marriage of dark and cold, with a focus on pragmatism over simple evil, slowly turning most of them to LN via 'enlightened self-interest' and a new organized academy of darkness patron witches with the Fetchlings.
The best part? Characters name was Pitch and he was a Synthethist Shadow Summoner. There were so many puns.

Oh, just make sure to have different tastes compared to the high Cha dudes. May I recommend boys who dress like girls?

I am considering running a Fate/Stay Night PvP game with homebrewer material to bridge the gap for Noble Phantasm design and some other stuff. The gereal idea is likely being a Heroic Spirit will work like Unchained Mythic rules. The Seven Archetypes will be seven mythic paths and Noble Phantasm design will be part of being a mythic character.

Hopefully it'll work out.

As well I will likely be finishing up the races this week for the Corkheel Revolution. I need to do setting writing since the game is set in a world roughly in 1860s technology. So a lot of price fixing, 'technological' items and more need to be stated out. Also possibly redoing firearm rules. Besides that I will likely be writing new spells for Corkheel along with the subsystem for the AP itself.

Currently I am working on the factions for the revolution. There will be 5 major and 4 minor. The current names are:
>The Giben Tree's Council
>The Wickdipper's Guild
>The Cabal of Arisval
>The Sainthood of The Absent Brother
>The Corkheel Free Men's Militia

I am still working on the names/etc. of the minor 4.

But I already got his tastes from /pfg/ a few weeks ago. He likes Tieflings, irrumatio, anal, Phat Booty, and public sex.

What initiators use Charisma as their initiating stat? Is it just Warlords?

Then your only choice is to polymorph the high Cha character into a tiefling lady with a fat booty.

Warlord, Zealot, Paladin Archetype, Cavalier archetype iirc.

But then a high CHA tiefling with a fat booty will be cucking you
...Actually I'm kinda okay with that

>Cavalier archetype
Does such a thing even exist?

>Hey Jessica, know what Osirion needs?
>What, Jim?
>Egyptian gods!
>What, you mean like animal-headed deities inspired by Egypt?
>No, literally the Egyptian gods!
>James, you're a genius!

I'm a little bit mad they didn't have the decency to include a HFY bastard or the Germanic pantheon.

It's a homebrew, but there is one. Perhaps some other user might provide a link to the google doc? I'm not in a position to find it right now.

Have characters selections been announced for RotJR yet?

no

not for another week

endless torment

Not yet.

Well, at least he's thinking about it carefully...?

docs.google.com/document/d/1tDAG5bs1VC_YGkBxR8J8IsfoPuAWOeLPeI1n9z_eeqc/edit

Did he literally say a week, or did he say he'll figure it out sometime this week.

"Sir Calian's Cestus of Certain Cockpunching"

+5 to called shots to the groin of evil male characters.

I believe it was "check these threads in the next few days for more info"

week to week and a half

He said he needs a week?

That's probably so he can PM people and coordinate the time correctly.

Is that a kitsune artisan?

Alright boys, who's the cutest app to Dragon Game???
Who completely fucked up their build?
Why did some people over optimize for a lewd game? The world may never know

app.roll20.net/forum/post/4420260/character-applications

>tfw you wanted to be honest about convenient times but now you're regretting it and wish you could have whored yourself out

Man, that's gonna make it feel even worse when the people who didn't get in end up with a week of false hope.

>That's probably so he can PM people and coordinate the time correctly.

Are we going to talk about each character that comes forward and declares they got a golden ticket?

I'm still scared about my waifu dying since it's usually easier to just kill the mage. I'm sorry, I can't.

It's okay, you're waifu was rubbish anyway.

Hello /pfg/

My players are about to join a small colony under assault by undead forces. While not very dangerous on their own, the skeletal creatures have numbers on their side. They are actually summoned by a Dread device which the players are meant to find and destroy/exploit/... They keep appearing at night, no matter how many are slain.

The sheer number of the creatures makes a standard fight very boring - and as long as the PCs intend to stay at the colony to defend it, I think they deserve better than 4800 rounds of "you hit the skeleton, it crumbles, the other twenty try to hit you".

Hence my presence here:
I am looking for rules for a siege. I have looked at the Mass combat rules, but they are inadequate since there won't be many combatants at once, instead there will be many many small encounters as the undead replenish their rank around the Dread device and launch yet another assault.

tl;dr: how to handle hours-long, exhaustion fights in Pathfinder?

Pic unrelated.

tfw hope dwindles every single minute that you wont get in rotjr

It'd be easier to design a partner rather than a waifu. Same sex servant and master is relatively uncommon.

You can't pick one guy and build the group around them (DM excluded). They're all confirmed at the same time when he finds a time slot that matches them all.

I imagine it's going to be a bit of heart crush when people get cut because of their job.

you shut your whore mouth. I'm sure his waifu was wonderful.

It's been nearly 24 hours since applications closed.

WHAT'S TAKING HIM SO LONG!?

I wish he'd just let the axe fall for people who he isn't considering anymore.

>WHAT'S TAKING HIM SO LONG!?

He's talking to Doug.

>yfw Doug picks the party

IMO make it so that there's literally no end to the initiative, basically have it be one long fight unless they get to an area the undead can't get to them so they can sit down and prepare themselves to get back into the fray. The caveat to this is that they can take each of them down in a single hit each and they move in such a way that provokes AOOs a lot, thus cutting more of them down per round.

What level is your party?

>implying a week will make a difference when some people have been eager to join for months now

Some people in these threads seriously need to relax. I would be thrilled to get in but if I don't it isn't the end of the world.

I don't care if I don't get in, it was so much fun talking about the campaign with you guys!

Didn't get an answer last thread, so I'll ask again. Can anyone think of a reason why I /shouldn't/ change Wild Empathy to allow Handle Animal to be used on animals like Diplomacy on people.

Does it not already?

Avowed (Shadow pact) || Possessed Oracle (Undecided)

A shy young wallflower decides to take drastic measures in order to learn to truly connect with others, making a connection with the plane of shadows that allows mysterious spirits to inhabit her body to aid her in overcoming her inhibitions.

The complete opposite of my last (and first) Avowed character, but I think they would both be quite fun. I love the fluff AND mechanics of this class.

a-aww geesh

maybe

maybe itll be alright

I wanna use the fairy dragons as a hug pillow

Wait, hang on a second... is it just me or does Doug look suspiciously similar to Ricktor?

That's wild empathy. Handle Animal is for training, and to make checks to get untrained animals to perform specific tasks.

Of course it will be alright! If you get in, great! If you don't get in, then you've got a golden opportunity to hang out with others who didn't get in and talk shop about those who did!

Now c'mere, you.

the what?

No, it allows you to make a Charisma check plus your level. There's a slight difference there.

They are a party of five, each level four.

The thing is that, unless the party decides to leave the colony to look for the source of the undead, they'll have to fight for the entire night - a four round fights already takes 10 minute, so a 4800 rounds fight is unimaginable.

I'm looking for ways to make the defence of the colony more abstract.

>I imagine it's going to be a bit of heart crush when people get cut because of their job.

I'm basically expecting this to be the reason I don't get chosen.

You know I wish I could say I had fun with the Char gen, but now I feel kinda shitty I put like two months of time revising build and backstory to probably not get in.

That's all on my head though.

Save them for the future. The character I submitted is now on their fourth or fifth iteration. They've never been selected, but each time, the character gets fleshed out more which will make them even better when they finally do get selected.

That's what I tell myself, anyway.

If such a game existed, I'd play a Shattered Mind Occultist || Spirit Summoner! I'd be MAD as fuck, but now I'm like my own little gang of personalities and my own little orgy at all times!

Look on the bright side user, even if you don't get picked for the main game, the strongest applications out of those who remain will probably get invited to the PbP game.

The character would only really work for Jade Regeant(or Runelords I guess), the former of which doesn't really get run that often.

One or two of the dragons are the "tiny, doesn't grow bigger" kind. Don't remember which they were though.

Nobody says they have to fight the entire colony by themselves, and if things are truly looking bleak for your party then I will say that either you need to give your party auto-kills for the undead they're hitting, so long as you believe they can make an AC 10-11 most rolls at their current level on anything but a 1, and giving them lots of options for taking out large swaths of undead at once like, say, bombs or splash potions that OHKO them since they're supercharged with holy water.

Faerie Dragons are itty bitty and don't get bigger, as do Shadow Drakes.

There's gonna be a PbP?

No I meant the names. I did say fairy dragons after all.

There was an user in a couple of the earlier threads saying that while he didn't have time to run a regular game, he would be willing to GM a play by post game for some people who didn't get accepted to the main one.

You could have a man of faith drop a hint that they shouldn't be appearing at this rate, that something or someone is doing this.
Queue this with a backup or two to keep the town "safe" will probably trigger the party to move out. Hopefully.

Also I recognize this, what module is it?

My players tend to be very deaf to the suble hints I throw at them, so I'm prepping in case they want to stay at the colony to defend it.

>what module is it?
This is a side-quest I designed to introduce the players to the colony of Varnhold I'm running them through Kingmaker, they're nearing the end of book 1.

That's a strange coincidence. My DM has done a similar encounter/side-quest, also in the same module as you are.
Though this was about 4 years ago if I recall correctly.

>Waiting for HVGM to return

>tfw you will never be gifted expensive yet mundane items by the party crafter

I just want to feel that special touch ;_;

D-don't call him back just yet!
I need to finish my character sheet!

Believe me, I know. Mine was originally made for RotRL.

Well, I know at least a few PC concepts that are going to appear as NPCs in my future games.

Yeah, right, like I'd ever be able to run a game past session 3-4

Which ones.

How would you go about converting the Psychic to Spheres?

>How would you go about converting the Psychic to Spheres?
I'd probably use Incanter, and grab the Mental Focus drawback from the Mind book. Not certain how other psychic features could be duplicated. There is no spheres psychic, unfortunately.

I meant more in a Homebrew sense.

Hey /PFG/, I want to DM a game of pathfinder for my group that usually plays 5E.

I want to try something simple and had a look at the starter set, but don't think it would be very appealing to my group because we already know 5e and playing PF at first level would be very similar.

Is there something that I can run that would show the differences but still be easy to run?

If it's in the trove, the beginner's box sounds like what you're looking for.

In that case, I would make them full casters with the same chassis, give them an extra spell point per level (like sorcerers), give them their phrenic pool either unchanged or give them an extra spell point every other level and let them use their spell points to use phrenic effects, and let them keep their other class features as-is (except discipline spell).

B-but he said there was a surprise!

post yfw the surprise is he got a friend to DM a mirror campaign and everyone who didn't get in his will play in his friend's campaign and we'll have like a race to see who can finish the AP first.