/swg/ - Planetary Oppression Edition

Previous thread: Fantasy Flight Games’ X-Wing and Star Wars: Armada Miniatures Games
>pastebin.com/Wca6HvBB

Fantasy Flight Games’ Star Wars RPG System (EotE/AoR/FaD)
>pastebin.com/wCRBdus6
>mega.nz/#!DkNTDTyZ!PUupCOep4RmRcsgI3rNhU_Pk_xcyFbYWnhrq8gwrVv0

Other Fantasy Flight Games Star Wars Tabletop (Imperial Assault, Star Wars: Destiny and the Star Wars LCG)
>pastebin.com/ZE4gn0yN

Fantasy Flight Games Dice App (Works with X-Wing, Armada, the Star Wars RPG system and Imperial Assault)
>mediafire.com/download/64xy3uy6vepll8v/com.fantasyflightgames.swdice.ver.1.1.4.build.9.apk

Older Star Wars Tabletop (d6, d20/Saga, etc.)
>pastebin.com/wXP0LdyJ

Reference Materials & Misc. Resources
>pastebin.com/AGFFkSin

All Canon Novels and Comics (via /co/)
>mega.co.nz/#F!2R5kDTqQ!WfrDla-jvDIn05U57T9hhQ

Just What IS Canon Anyways?
>starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Canon#2014_reboot
>starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Timeline_of_canon_media

The Clone Wars Viewing Guide
>img.4plebs.org/boards/tg/image/1442/36/1442364889994.png

Writefaggotry
>pastebin.com/cJY5FK9T

Shipfag's hangar
>drive.google.com/folderview?id=0ByhAdnTlOKOeQnA4SFByUC1aQWM&usp=sharing

HoTAC
>dockingbay416.com/campaign

how long would your waifu planet resist Imperial oppression?

Other urls found in this thread:

geordanr.github.io/xwing/?f=Scum and Villainy&d=v4!s!120:-1,120,-1,-1,118:-1:-1:;212:188,1:43:-1:;112:8,14,-1:-1:-1:;114:13,-1:-1:-1:&sn=Unnamed Squadron
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I've seen Rogue One twice and I STILL can't remember the name of the monk and Heavy Weapons Guy off the top of my head

First for the bf

>implying mine doesnt beg for it like the slut she is

Chirrut and Baze

Chirrut and Baze

Imwe and Malbus

How do you pronounce his name phonetically? I get self conscious about that. Like I don't know how to properly pronounce hijab and when I see someone wearing a really pretty one I can't bring myself to compliment it.

It gives me minor anxiety attacks

inferior

Chi-rut Im-way
Bayz Mal-bus

>That's a really pretty headscarf
Solved your problem.

It's easy to pronounce though.

Cheer-root Im-way

Bayz Mal-boos (oo like in "book")

I should have specified that I strictly meant Chirrut, but thank you

Also, the pronunciation of "hijab":

"H" as in "hat"
"I" as in "bid"
"J" as in "job"
"A" as in "father"
"B" as in "boy"

Forgot to mention: stress on the second syllable. So, hih-JAHB.

Thank you

I'm reading the Star Wars comic now and is this supposed to be one of Luke's "friends" from the Tosche Station deleted scene?

Ships with PtL that don't normally have very good green maneuvers.

Poe and Biggs with either a K-wing or another X-wing (either type). HotR is also a solid buy for a player starting out.

Imperials get slightly more tricky in terms of needing cards, but you really shouldn't be afraid to proxy when you are just starting.

I legit hope you're screwing with us.

I don't mind the addition of a force expansion, it would actually give some needed abilities to pilots that aren't so great, but those ship expansions sound awful.

FFG really just needs to take a breather, figure out the ships that really need help for all the factions, figure out some new cool stuff they can all do for others, and give out another Most Wanted style expansion for all three in place of a wave of new stuff.

Put in some new cardboard for some of the ships we don't need another of, like the Lambda or the YV.

Also reprint some of the old pilots to make them not totally suck, give Horton and Kir Kanos EPTs, reduce points on Rhymer, that sort of thing. Really get some of the kinks of the Wave 1-4 design totally out of the system.

I love the idea that all those knives stuck in there are ones Boba has hidden around his person, and that he's finally at the point where he pulls out the one he actually uses for work.
>This is a knoife!

okay ronon,, maybe you should go back to scalping wraiths

I'm personally not opposed to the Aggressor (a TIE with a Turret), I just personally think the other options are unlikely.

Light Syck just became a thing, so why the fuck to Scum need a new swarm option? And what the fuck is the gunship going to add? I guess technically it's space-worthy, but it's not exactly new.

Also, Scum are a ship behind again, 14 to 15 so it'll probably be another wave with two scum ships, something they'll need to do if movies keep getting +1 Imperial and Rebel ship tacked on in new waves.

a turret TIE doesn't sound terrible. ATM imperials don't have anything that can equip turrets, and only the deci even has a turret primary.
I know people want the TIE experimentals, but I don't see how most of those add well to the faction.
the other two do sound awful.

Grakkus confirmed for best Hutt?

I kind of am opposed to Imperials getting TLTs. At the very least, the TIE with a turret needs to either be expensive or as crappy as the other turret ships such that it matches the power curve that TLTs were made to fill.

>Scum are a ship behind again

I really don't care at this point. They're obviously going to be getting another epic and the next aces pack. So they're going to have good small ships with their best large ships. They'll be fine.

Yeah, but in terms of ships, they're still behind. FFG has pretty consistently evened the playing field in terms of bringing Scum up to speed in the past with multiple NEW Scum ships per wave. Aces and Epic are still counted outside of Wave releases - accounting for Wave X Scum are down 1 ship on Imperials and Rebels, because of course Rebels and Imps get an extra ship for Rogue One. So, next wave will probably give them two ships - because if they let it go until Wave XII, then Imps and Rebs will be getting another bonus ship each for Episode 8.

Note, I mean scum are down a ship in regular Wave terms - to be specific. Scum are also down an Epic and either down a Core or down an Aces depending on how you want to look at Most Wanted.

Black Sun Aces is almost assuredly a thing though.

geordanr.github.io/xwing/?f=Scum and Villainy&d=v4!s!120:-1,120,-1,-1,118:-1:-1:;212:188,1:43:-1:;112:8,14,-1:-1:-1:;114:13,-1:-1:-1:&sn=Unnamed Squadron

I know I'm probably making a lot of suboptimal choices but I don't have a big upgrade library. Any glaring problems with the list, though?

>Yeah, but in terms of ships, they're still behind.

And why does that matter?

I mean, it did when the faction first came out, but now they've got virtually every base covered when compared to Rebels and Imps, and on top of that have vastly better large ships.

The quality of ship releases matters a hell of a lot more than the number, and out of all of Wave X Scum easily got the best ship in the Quadjumper. Tractor beam for an action is insane, and only more insane because you can stack with Ketso crew and Shadowcaster title.

Also, seriously, epic ships and aces packs are usually better than a new ship release in terms of what it does for the faction.

Determination isn't really worthwhile, and I'm skeptical of the idea of bothering with a Z95 ace that wants to be out on his own.

>TFW I realize that Thrawn and Galen Erso are brothers

I mean, I don't know if it matters, but it's math.

Imps and Rebels have 15 ships each. If the trend continues with movies (though obviously, with the Han Solo anthology it's possible for scum to get the bonus release), Rebels and Imps will get another extra ship. And then again for nine. Scum don't play catch up sometime, they will just plain have less releases than the other factions - that's not good for them. The design space will keep expanding, Scum will just straight up have less content. And those new options are important - and especially important when they don't necessarily come with like giant price tag for one small ship bundled in an Epic. It's not good for Scum players, and it's not good for FFG selling to scum players if they literally have less models to sell that faction.

What

>the only way a Sith, or other darksider could make use of a kyber crystal was to use the Force to dominate the crystal, bending it to their will. This process would cause the crystal to "bleed", as if it were a living organism, resulting in the distinctive crimson-bladed lightsabers synonymous with the Sith.
If this is the case and the death star is powered by kyber crystals, why are the lasers green rather than red?

The Death star is just using them as a power source for the turbolaser. Lightsabers use them as a focusing element.

they dont need the force to use the laser-properties of a kyber crystal

And yet darkside force users can pick up and wield normal sabers fine, lol

literally the last wave there was 2 scum ships.
You're an idiot for saying that they need to do something to prevent some massive discrepency from forming, when they are clearly already doing that.

My assumption is you can steal an already-assembled-by-a-Jedi saber and use it just fine. Actually putting your own together won't work unless you bleed the crystal.

You've missed what I'm saying. I started this by saying that - accounting for the new wave X - Scum are a ship behind again. So the next wave will logically be a 2 Scum wave. And they can't "skip" a wave because then they'll just stay behind. Because unless VIII literally has no new X-wing scale ships to pick from, there will be another movie tie-in twofer.

That seems retarded though, putting together a lightsaber is just basic technical skill.

Nope.

i think the bleeding the crystal is make the crystal sensitive to the darkside, the laser making properties are the same

>turret upgrade slot
>literally only TLT
I know that dorsal and blaser turrets are basiclaly HotC only, but it's kinda fucked up that the slot is only considered in terms of one option.
Ion turret at least should be in the conversation.

Why does it need to be sensitive to the darkside? What's it matter?

desu X-Wing and Armada are both suffering from roster creep already, I don't think there are that many ships they can add before they basically end up with one faction with several paintschemes

That's literally retarded. Unless you're talking about Master Sword tier beams from the lightsaber, why would you need to do this?

A better headcanon would be a dark jedi can force a light-attuned crystal in a lightsaber to work for them, but it takes focus and it's a pain. If they bleed it out they can focus on killing children and stealing pies off window sills.

I mean, you might have a point, if Scum didn't automatically have massively competitive lists from the get-go and has never really been "behind" the other factions, even in wave 6.

I don't think it's a thing you should be afraid of. They most certainly have kept them up to date, and the coming ace pack and epic ships are only going to help them more. Jabba is probably going to do something stupidly awesome and make everyone go buy a YV and Epic.

>It's not good for Scum players

And here's where your mindset needs to change. If you're serious about X-wing you should play all three factions. "Faction" players are one of the worst thing the community does, and it leads to stupid things.

or 3 movie tie-in ships, or they do an armada push opening up new faction/timelines, or.
You're phrasing sucked, because you made it seem like a disaster that needs to be avoided, rather than a think FFG clearly already has in hand.

Right up until you put a kyber crystal in. As I recall in EU you had to use the Force to move it into position because the placement was too exact. And I'm pretty sure Luke mentioned assuming as much in Heir to the Jedi for the new canon while taking apart that Rodian's lightsaber.

Don't ask me, senpai, ask the mouse.

A better headcanon would be that lightsaber crystals work like they did in the EU.

That sounds like a lot of handwaving for the baddies having red sabers and the goodies having blue ones.

Isn't it more likely they just colour their sabers so that they can tell each other apart in combat? Lightsaber fighting looks pretty distracting, I can see some wise old sith or jedi nearly killing a mate in combat and going 'fuck this, we're going red/blue' and the other side grabbing the other colour to make themselves not red/blue?

the lightside is powered by harmony and discipline, and the dark side is powered by anger and hate
my guess is that it is a symbolic step to making a lightsaber, it wouldnt be "proper" for a jedi to use a red saber or for a sith to use a blue one

I think the problem with ion is three dice with no bonuses isn't enough to reliably hit the high agility and autothruster/evading small ships most commonly being fielded and big ships shrug off the single ion token while shitting on whatever is carrying the turret.

>It doesn't matter what crystal you use, they said
>It's just a matter of technical skill, they said

>for the baddies having red sabers and the goodies having blue or green or yellow or purple or cyan or orange or silver or literally any color that isn't red ones.

Don't forget the Jedi from the Prequels with a red saber

In the EU, the explanation was that because the Sith didn't have reliable access to lightsaber crystals naturally (all the major deposits were Jedi controlled), they made artificial crystals, which were red.

Which one was that?

An upgrade slot is defined by its most powerful card? Surprise?

I mean, that's what TLT, and to a lesser extent autoblaster, was designed to do. It does its job quite well. So, yes I am going to be concerned about a new ship that can take one of the most powerful upgrades in the game.

It's no different than considering the ramifications of another Imperial ship with two crew slots because of Palpatine.

ICT isn't bad, I've run it to good success myself in a SC, but it doesn't make me quake in my boots like a good Imperial TLT carrier does.

there werent originally any colors other than blue, but the blue didnt stand out in the sky of tatooine, so to was changed to green for contrast

in episode 2, out of the 200 jedi on geonosis there were only green and blue, and a single purple lightsaber

It still means theat the faction literally has less to fky and buy, and not all FFGs customers pay money to be "serious".

Every temple guard in Rebels has a yellow one.

anybody have a download link for Tales of the Jedi? can't find it on the old computer and we seem to be lacking in old EU download links.

Wouldn't surprise me. There are only 2 sith at once, coordinating your saber scheme would be fairly simple but there are thousands of jedi from a dozen odd races spread across the galaxy, it wouldn't surprise me if they had a few different schemes for different regions or groups. You know, like real world regiment colours work.

Of course the real reason is Lucas thought having more colours was cooler and the green/blue change was to differentiate Luke's self-made saber from his inherited one. Then in the prequels he just went full on rainbow with it. Being the kind of Star Wars fan that needs to explain how everything works in a property written and directed by someone that didn't give a gnat's fart for consistency is suffering.

>real world regiment colours work
Sounds like bitch mode, desu.

Yeah you see that's pretty cool, it's simple enough that I could buy it and comes back to a fairly human reason of just not having access to good crystals. The only problem it introduces is that it should render jedi sabers a strict upgrade, which makes it surprising Vader didn't grab Kenobi's saber after killing him.

Well it started with that one goof and his fake ass rumors, saying only one scum in next wave when numbers make 2 seem likely. Scum with less ships aint the end of the world, but it sure seems like a shit deal for people who play Scum. Anc its poor business

i thought he kept obi-wans saber as a trophy

>The only problem it introduces is that it should render jedi sabers a strict upgrade
Wrong way around, homie.
>Sith-made synthetic crystals created a slightly more powerful blade when energized by the dark side of the Force. Sith lightsaber blades could "break" the blade of a Jedi Saber, but such occurrences were rare.

>most powerful card
the level of discrepency in card power is the problem, and that utility and cost aren't enought to factor in.
While HLC is the most common cannon, Mauler canon shows up, and Ion and Tractor beam both get some consideration for cheap utility options

>Auzituck

Y'know as a rebel player i'm not even mad. That'd be an awesome addition if it came with some upgrades that also helped the B-Wing.

I think the idea is they were roughly on par (Sith sabers were a little stronger, even) but the process of creating crystals required dark side techniques, meaning the Jedi couldn't just shift focus to mass producing artificial crystals.

Yes. "Wormie" was a nickname Luke's friends had for him, so this guy is one of Luke's old friends.

What's the word on Star Wars: Destiny?

I haven't tried it yet, but I'm tempted to, especially since it has Best Sith Lord.

>I mean, it did when the faction first came out, but now they've got virtually every base covered when compared to Rebels and Imps, and on top of that have vastly better large ships.

Fucking this.

Scum don't need any extra help. Look at any regionals top 8 and you'll see at least 4-5 scum players. They're the hot thing at the moment, and if its not Jumpmasters, it'll be 4Y or Brobots.

Really I think the imps should get another bomber, the rebels should get a new knifefighter (or something that fixes the B or E or X) and Scum should get the Kom'rrk to fit the 'slow moving but durable tank' role a la the deci and the ghost. Even then they don't need it though.

It's fun, it's unique, and it's FFG so you know that it will remain relatively well balanced without the usual CCG shenanigans which plague other products.

Also you'll be crucified for mentioning it in /swg/. Run friend, before the hordes who looked no further than word 'collectible' descend to tear you a new anus.

From what I understand, people have a lot of fun playing it, but it's more expensive to play at a competitive level than X-wing. Which strikes me as crazy considering it's cards and dice.

>it's more expensive to play at a competitive level than X-wing
Like X-wing, you can play something very competitive with a very small investment - for example, you can play eKylo/Trooper/Trooper using only two starter kits, and play a fairly competitive deck. You needn't buy even one blind booster. It only gets expensive if you try and chase the meta.

>hurburrr eeeevil lightsaber crystals r red bc their made in a factory

How is that worse than lightsaber crystals being red because THE EVIL PEOPLE MADE THEM BLEEEEEEEEEED

Its as much of as a skill as folding steel for a katana is to a weeb. Gotta trounce it up for the mystical element.

Pretty fun from what I've played. If you get a starter, see if you can get two copies of the same one - there's some starter exclusive stuff that sees a good bit of use, in particular each one has a strong blue upgrade, which will be handy if you plan on focusing on Dooku.

A lot of the expense right now is a lack of stock and people going crazy. In a couple weeks the people who want packs to crack or sell will get them, and enough stuff will get on the market that prices ought to drop.

>those fully detailed nips

Trips of Heaven. Praise the holy host.

Rate my beautiful Ugly.

B and Y-wing hulls jammed together with a Y-wing cockpit, including dorsal and turret gun, B-wing main wing with its cannon with X-wing foils and guns and a Y-wing engine slapped on to the side.

I scribbled a prettier drawing during my nightshift, but I lost it before I could come home and post it, so here's an MS paint mockup.

Looking at it has upset my stomach.

suitably offensive, well done.

I'm not screwing with you. But it's the internet, so people will (and should) continue to believe those rumours are lies until they are proved true. I would do the same thing if the positions were reversed.

It will be a pretty underwhelming wave on the surface, but I guess I still have hope that it will solve some issues in the game.

I haven't seen all the upgrade cards that will come with the ships, but there are some opportunities there...

The Imperial TIE could provide a new turret for all the other ships to benefit from. The Guild TIE could provide yet more "fix" cards to benefit Imperial TIEs (although Imperial-only players would be furious having to buy a Scum ship to get them... hopefully there's room on their Starviper shelf). As mentioned, the gunship might include something to help B-wings (and maybe E-wings, if it's a system card).

I have no idea how the Force expansion would be divided and packed. Theoretically it could be a dice and cards only box that helps all three factions.

Something the "Ahsoka A-wing" skeptics should consider is that A-wings have already been sighted in Episode VIII materials. So there may be more A-wing related additions than just her.

different user, but any sauce on that so i can read up on it on my own?

I've decided to roll up a super-cancerous, jetpacking mandowankalorian for a one-off EotE game. I've decided to call him Noot Canoon.

Other than having him be very well-versed in lightsaber crystal lore ('they BLEEEED, james!!") and really hating Bothans, I don't really know how I'm going to make the concept live up to its potential.

reference Jedi Prince a lot
reference the campiest shit from old Marvel Star Wars

Shitpost like your life depended on it.

Try to engage PCs and random NPCs in deep philosophical debates about the morality of the light and dark sides of the force as often as possible.

reference every meme you can think of
>High ground
>shooting first
>thats no moon, thats yo mama
>Im yo father
>pray i dont alter the deal further
>you underestimate my power
>I am the chosen one
>only a sith deals in absolutes
>unlimited power
>I killed younglings
>i need power converters

It's either that or Bazooka Katano desu

*gazes off into the horizon*

"I've been stealing fruit from the Empire for years, kid. It never gets any easier."

The actors are brothers. Mads Mikkelsen played Galen and Lars Mikkelsen played Thrawn.

Remember to also bring up some Monty python references out of the blue.

Like when you approach some base or palace, note that "It's only a model".