Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

You Can Tickles My Omnissiah Anytime, Magos edition

Old thread: >THIS IS THE LIST BUILDER. DON'T FUCKING ASK FOR IT
webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#/rosterCreator

>Freshest Rules in Epub (Use Readium for PC or Kobo on Android)
mega.nz/#F!Wl5DAbCb!TYxZG4CgX_x-NJu7JBwbZQ!2tgBUTYI

>Not always current PDFs:
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>Up to date FAQs
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40K 7th Edition Quick Reference Sheets:
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>Forge World Book Index:
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

> The Black Library (soon the clowns will come back, with friends!)
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q!c4pGAJDb

FIRST FOR THE GUE'LA

does anyone have experience with hobby stores / game stores in edinburgh for 40K? i'd try the GW official store but it's rather small.

Thousand Sons bro:

1) have you tested your army out yet? how does it fare?

2) have you dared to bring the 20 point bolt pistol with blast?

Did some work on modeling for a homebrew Chaos Daemons unit, essentially the equivilent of Slaanesh Nurglings. Promised to show them off here when I finished, as thanks for some kind anons helping me sort out rules. I'll post them if anyone's curious, but I don't want to eat up too much space.

I think I still need to touch up the details in some areas, though overall I'm very pleased with how they turned out

>wouldn't it make more sense to slowly weaken the WAAC armies and slowly buff the lower armies to incentivise buying and then put the lower-tier armies ontop for a bit to promote WAAC-ers to buy seperate armies for more jew gold?
they is a big risk for the company. I heard somewhere that a THIRD of all model kits they sell is the Tactical Squad. Space Marines are GW's bread, and Tau/Eldar their butter. They will not harm the product lines that pay the bills.

As far as models go anyway. GW makes a ton of money of paint and hobby supply sales so I've read. Duncan has made people care about hobby again.

Yeah. If anything, a more likely outcome would be simply shifting around the balance within those top tier armies. Something like that already sort of happened with Eldar. Wave Serpents were amazing in 6e, but that got swapped out for Wraiths and Jetbikes.

Same thing also sort of happened for Spacemarines, though for them it's mainly a matter of even more flavors of Grav becoming available.

IG air cavalry. Feedback appreciated.

What is your favorite 40k novel/story Veeky Forums?

Mine will always be Only in Death, it's the 5th in the Gaunt's Ghost's series IIRC?

Anyways it's a fun story about the Ghosts holding an old fortress that's "haunted". Had a lot of my favorite character interaction in it too.

>51233829
I suppose - but surely they can play into the sunken cost and whale players? I wonder if it's knowing that they couldn't or just unwilling to try - that they haven't

and I would imagine duncan / the series made it pretty easy to show it isn't /that/ hard to pain.

>Canticles of the Omnissiah
Goddamnit, user.

So with the Cadians Pylons destroyed, the Eye of Terror is rushing forward in alarming speed.

According to Abaddon, the Eye of Terror would either take him to Terra or tear the galaxy asunder. At this point, he says it doesn't matter. One way or another, it's all going to end.

So any guesses on how the story will progress after this? If things proceed at this rate, the Eye of Terror will consume the whole galaxy.

>Slaanesh
>Nurglings
I have the weirdest boner right now

Not Nurglings exactly, but I wanted something in the same vein as them and Brimstone Horrors. Someone suggested calling them 'Hints of Arousal', which I like a lot.

>Big Boy Emps is awoken from his millenial slumber or wills himself back into his body, ala Lord Kroak style to fuck shit up for a while, similiar to Nightbringer in Dark Crusade
>insert the rest of shitty fanfiction :^)

So how do you use these guys? Are they viable at ALL? They're squishy as all hell, but they're likely to ruin anything they get into combat with, if they have enough numbers left.

I get the feeling that they sell a LOT of orks as well, yet this hasn't stopped them being nerfed to shit.

I think basically it doesn't matter how they perform on the table because the kids that buy them will play with their models maybe 5 times tops even if they are good.

Fulgrim, or legion

Geedubs inserts another Macguffin to maintain status quo.

Once AdMech gets a decent assault transport they will be viable.

Allied land raiders

Pray you don't get tabled turn 1 and blast Flight of the Valkyries

To the user posting Tzeentch Daemons this is a much better list.

Take the LoC as your Warlord and now you have 2 FMC that know all the Change powers. One has 2++ the other a 3++ rerolling 1s without cursed earth. 31 warp charges with rerolling instability tests and + or - 1 to the warpstorm roll and a better objective secured. Exalted Flamers are now jetbikes as well so can join Flamers to fuck up peoples day.

I'm sure you could jiggle stuff around if you wanted but this is a solid template for a mono-Tzeentch list with the new LoC and Fateweaver.

I'm starting to really want some kind of AdMech army, should I start with Skitarii? The new stuff looks really cool, even though they sold out already.

Orks haven't been nerfed much, at least not in a long time, they just have a shit book that hasn't been touched in waaaay too long. GW realized ork kits still sell even when they are pretty much neglected everywhere.

thanks to the FAQ you can't start with them deployed inside allied land raiders.

They arent viable. They are chaff-unit with mediocre melee-abilities and no decent way to get into melee. And then for some reason they cost 18pts. They wouldnt be much good even if they cost half of that.

Maybe take an officer of the fleet just in case.

Pleasure Imps = Pimps

I don't think there really needs to be a shakeup to the top armies. Just when GW shits out a bunch of new models to hype people up maybe, I don't know I'm just spitballing here, make those units actually good?
If it were me I'd release new models with rules in the box or a new campaign, then update the codex to make the old stuff worth buying after the new stuff sells out.

Burning of Prospero actually made me mad, I haven't been that invested in a story in a long time. So it did something right.

Fuck space yiffs btw. Ahriman and Magnus deserve their revenge.

kek

Distaraction Carnifex a dominus and some breachers near their lines with the deepstrike formation and then hope they get close enough to ruins someones day.

Soul Hunter Omnibus.
40k Night Lords, hopeless existence, living for sake of living, doesn't drag, ends well.
Must read 10/10

You know we got a new codex what? A year ago? And it got hit with the nerf bat because GW used us as a 7e guinea pig.

Now that the Eldar race has united together for the Rhana Dandra, who is going be their king in the end of days?

Also are you hyped for Grand Alliance Eldar?

>Favorite 40k book
>Lists 30k books
I bet you listened to the audiobooks, because you have proven you can't read, friendo.

Skitarii is a good option, and their Start Collecting box is a good deal for it. They did get a few new formations and options to build an army with the new release, along with the existing ways they had to mix together with Cult Mech.

Audiobooks are goat as fuck. Retard who can't multitask detected.

So I started with two units of ten tactical marines, two Rhinos, five scouts and a librarian.

Originally I was going to play Raven guard but instead I was thinking about switching to Dark Angels and picking up a box or two of the Plasma bikers and a bike for the Librarian.

They seem to have more depth to their story and are overall more my style I think

Any advice? I'm still pretty new.

They're pretty great for long driving trips

The Fabius Bile novel is pure gold. The character is a delightfully and respectable fellow

When you make a Ram attack, the same rules apply from tank shock right?

So therefore you can Ram through enemy units for Tank Shock and then ram into a vehicle?

>Implying masturbating while listening to Fulgrim counts as multitasking
K friendo

guy who posted the question here

I just meant whatever, 30k is fine too tbqh

2 start collecting boxes is what I started with

Looted wagons are a really important part of the Ork lore and aesthetic, and I would love if they were part of the codex.

In terms of kitz, I'd like to see a generic "looted wagon 'upgrade' kit" full of wheels, armor plates, gubbins, shootas, etc to combine with non-ork vehicles.

The current codex is from June of 2014, two and a half years ago. It was a pretty slapdash job from someone who didn't really give a shit.

RG if you like scouts and jump packs and stealth

DA if you like plasma and bikes or terminators.

Buy Dark Vengeance bikes on eBay for cheaper than the regular boxes.

>Not painting warhams while listening to warhams

Women detected.

I actually like the audiobooks, for long drives, but I cant stand the cringe of when they do the female voices.

Yis, because the tank keeps moving. Technically you can ram through a tank, explode it, and then ram in to another tank.

how are you with kitbashing servitors together? With the Imperial Agents book you can start up a small ad-mech force with just a tech priest and some servitors. Maybe add on a Start Collecting! Skitarii

Female voice actors don't grow on trees. They are expensive.

Everyone should just hire Kate Reading for reading everything.

>Did you just assume my sexuality
>Did you just assume my personality as having more than one woman
Fulgrim pls go

>Being that Ridgid
I would hate to know you irl.

Yeah but, if you only tank shock youll stop at other vehicles so I was just wonderin.

I thought I like scouts and was going to get jump packs but I think I just like speed and bikes are way better for that.

Thanks for the advice.

First inquisitor with second warband, second with first. Inquisitorial biker marines, ho!

It is still cringey regardless of the reason why they don't hire them.

So I have a Start Collecting Dark Eldar. Would another start collecting box be the best option to add to my new army?

Hey guys, friend who has been out of the game for a while (He still has the 'cron 4th ed book or something around there) just gave these to me for some stuff I did for him.

I know that destroyers and their lords have traditionally been top tier, but where should I expand off here, I was planning to do some cool elite build where I would only have one squad of warriors and the rest would be immortals and praetorians or some meme like that.

Where should I go from here?
I don't want to go decurion because I've played against that andI don't want to be that guy

That guy detected

since you have two inquisitors anyway, split one of your inquisitors off into the new Imperial Agents inquisition detachment.

The bonus for the new detachment is the inquisitor gets a Warlord trait, even if they are not your warlord.

>Thinking you know someone from one sentance
You must be the life of the party, showing everyone how much of a know-it-all you are!

Actually its a fact that women are in general way better at multitasking than men. I personally cant focus on 2 things at the at all.

Thanks for the good input in to the thread!

Good point, since one doesn't have servo-skulls anyway I should probably do that.

I'm pretty dubious of that fact. Anecdotal, I know, but every single male I know multitasks better than every female I know.

Nah son, venoms.

Venoms everywhere.

Maybe some bikes but honestly not till you have five venoms on the field at least.

Use that one cheap ads HQ just to take another venom.

Maybe back them up with Scourges.

>I don't want to go decurion
This meme needs to die.

Wow your a sensitive one

>Your
Audiobook fan confirmed

To be honest I don't know a damn thing about how to build a 'cron list, but from my experience the decurion has been very good.

Idk maybe it's because everyone who plays it spams destroyers and wraiths and there might be some other balance.

Still I'd rather play CAD because thats my player circles rules to avoid needless dicking about

If you want bikes and speeders you can always look into white scars as well

This guy has got me thinking of a good Veeky Forums question.
How often are your opponents in pick up games uneducated tards?
If often, do you have fun against them?

Yes your, as in possessive.

You mean "you're", as in "you are"
>Confirmed Amerifat

Thanks, I'll see about picking a Start Collecting kit up tomorrow.

That one sentence showed me enough about you bro.

>Still I'd rather play CAD because thats my player circles rules to avoid needless dicking about
That makes sense then user. When up sizing however ignore the haters. The idea that Crons are OP because of 4+ FnP is laughable.

You had the 77th post. That means you need to get Nurgle instead sorry.

Those plasma bikers are Black Knights and they are the shit.

Your first six should be geared up as a Command Squad which is just a normal squad with all the tasty goblins. The Apothecary and RW banner are very worthwhile but the grenade launcher is not. Besides their TL Plas guns they have +1s and rending in assault. 3+ rerollable jink is great.....

[]but you can put a darkshroud behind those motherfuckers, get a 2+ jink rerollable and can't be overmatched.[]

If you get three additional bikers you can run a Ravenwing Strike Force so they get a consequence free jink if they turbo boost turn one.

Exalted Flamers didn't change much since they're jump packs not mentioned, unless you like inspiring d3 heavy shots

I did look into them but their lore isn't my taste.

Do you usually require something to be repeated to you before you get it?

Even if you want to do immortal spam over warriors, I'd still field at least 2 warrior squads (especially since your battleforce has them anyway).
At the very least it opens you up to the option to still run a reclamation legion, unless you really hate tomb blades.

*WHORESON INTENSIFIES*

More than you've contributed.

Me and a friend were talking about a stupid thing that would be fun

Can cultists turn into daemons or anything? Can they be sacrificed to summon a daemon?

Because our stupid, but fluffy idea was if you had a unit of cults pass a morale check or something, they could start a ritual, where they couldn't do anything, move shoot etc, but if enough of them are still alive a turn or two later they could manifest a daemon of somekind

goddamn user you really took the 'nurgle rust' meme too far on your rhinos

that said, nice looking plague hulk

I personally like how in the book Fire Caste chaos gods are "subtly" represented throughout the book.
Subtly in this case means no giant demons appear to squawk at the protagonist like in most chaos books.

Yes

But that's heresy.

Dead Men Walking. It's the most 40k book there is.

I just read the first book in the Omnibus and I didn't think I could like a 40k story as much as I did. Why is Talos such a boss?

ok put the ryza rust down, and slowly back away

>those file sizes
I mean, they look good but jesus man