EDH/COMMANDER GENERAL

Under represented tribes edition.

>Old thread:

RESOURCES

>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.
tappedout.net

>Another resource for commander discussion; they have an entire forum dedicated to discussing decks. People often make primers, which go into detail about how they built and play their deck.
mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the internet.
edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.
manabasecrafter.com/

>CARD SEARCHING

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface.
magiccards.info

>Question:
What color do you most like to play against and why?

Other urls found in this thread:

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/sultai-mill-drazi-1/
amazon.com/dp/B001G1CUK0/ref=twister_B01M3PL0CR?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>What colour?

I've always been a huge fan of black, must be my inner edgelord.

I'm working on a Sultai (ft. Eldrazi) deck, I've only played it once and Spawnsire of Ulamog went off like a charm. Tips and advice would be much appreciated

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/sultai-mill-drazi-1/

post Metas!

Also Suggestions for a new deck?
Posibly thinking of Rashmi or Intet.

I'm looking for the spiciest copy/steal shit or monoblack tech

When is the banlist being updated, sometime this week?

I'm getting a Hatred for my orzhov deck. I want to know your opinions on the card and maybe some scenarios in which you have played it.

Forgot pic

I'm probably just ignorant but what are the numbered spaces on the top of this playmat representing? other players life totals? that seems cumbersome. increased casting cost of commander? why not just put a dice on there.

New EDH player and is curious. love the breya art but this seems like the only playmat I can find.

How many times your commander has been in the c-zone?

dunno, seems retarded though
don't buy playmats like an autistic manchild

Just ordered Karn. Anybody got some spicy tech for him? I'm going more of a stax route

Might be fun in karn.

It's good even just as tech.

That seems fun. Being able to screw with opponents top deck manipulation has its benefits

template for those wanting it.

What are some cards that have drawbacks of usually being better for my opponent(s) than for you? Stuff like Hunted Wumpus and whatnot?
Trying to make highly flavorful (and noncompetitive) Five Color Badstuff featuring Korona for fun, not sure what to add to it beyond Wumpus, Boldwyr Heavyweights, Tempting Wurm, and the various red control-changing-unless-X cards.

how did I do?

i should really update this picture

Shizuko gives everyone 3 green mana during their turns, you also have Iwamori who's a 5/5 monk for 4 and when he etb every opponent can cast a legendary creature for free.
There was also a counterspell in the onslaught block where the countered player was able to cast something else from his hand for free, don't remember the name.

fold into aether??

/tg i want to build a fun but still somewhat viable budget deck, what should i play? I like white but i hate blue, to this date i do not own a single blue edh deck. Im a pretty big johnny too.

decided to update it really quick

That's the one I was thinking about, don't know why I thought it was from onslaught

Any ideas for white or black? Or other ideas for blue?

There's also Spellshift. And the various Polymorph effects.

What are some good general tribal cards in any color/colors that DON'T provide a power/toughness boost? (so no coat of arms, etc)
I already have mana echoes.

>play flip lilliana for ages
>enjoy it, but it's average for a mono-b deck
>realize how well pic related works when I have him out
>swap lili for him
holy shit I have never know value like this.
Anyone have an experience where after only one game they are instantly hooked on a commander?

I'm a big fan of Cover of Darkness, which will give your whole team unblockable if played against the right deck.

it's strange that endrek sahr is so popular. i always thought he wasn't worth the mana. 5 mana 2/2 creature that requires additional investment to get value out of. meh

He more or less exists for a lot of access to sac effects at little cost. There are few better sources of 'A dude to be sacced'

Yeah, Karametra

ashnod's altar

Yes, but the additional investment you speak of is something you would normally be doing anyway. Having him on the field rewards you for it. Compare him to something like Melek, or Karametra. The cost and stats dont really matter considering what you are using them for.

it's just not usually worth it to sac shit for fun in monoblack. ashnod's altar is pretty crazy with endrek, yes, but other than that the synergies are pretty weak.

thats just my imo tho

I run her. Nice way to say fuck you to combo, etc. I run other creatures and permanents with tax effects. Also, i use soldier lords and token spam as a way to finish the game. Lastly, i use creatures with ability to resurrect creatures.

wow, that mana cost, what a useless card

The card is obviously meant to counter your own spell, say an Ornithopter or a Gitaxian Probe (RIP) to put a huge bomb like Griselbrand, Emrakul or Elesh Norn into play

its awful even if you use it like that

the green equivalent of doing that is like 4 mana and doesnt cost you an extra card

Please, show me this green 4 mana equivalent you speak of.

How should I build mono blue creatures

playing Jhoira with lots of MLD and board wipes. And then I remembered a majority of my play group plays superfriends and aren't affected by my board wipes. Any good cards to deal with planes walkers?

if you're not playing green for general shamanic revelation type effects, there's always pauper allstar Distant Melody

For a general, I would go with Either blue braids or patron of the moon.

pyrohemia, perilous vault, all is dust, scour from existence

I wanna build Xenagos. What are the must-have cards for him, as well as secret tech?

EDHREC

Elvish Piper, dragon arch.

I'm wondering if I should have just as many instants and sorceries as creatures or if I should have more rocks, the only blue legendary I have is tromokratis

Would playing phenax for like a dredge effect be too late in the game

so, is there anyone at your playgroup playing Saskia the Unyielding? Is it strong?
I really want to build a Saskia deck but idk if it can be a good general

Yeah, she's pretty strong, in the right game playing her can be the equivalent of just wiping one player off the table

We have one. It's okay I guess? It always targets the control or pillowfort with its ability and then targets some poor, undefended sap. Normally gets bullied hard because no one wants to be target by her. I think I've seen it win once, but that's it.

That's a good one, I should add that

>not one fucking legendary Kavu

Now, do I actually ask for one and get monkey paw'd the fuck out like Ayli, Ludevic, and Ulrich, or go without forever is the real question.

I can think of at least one legendary kavu

>5 mana
>an issue in mono-black

Any spicy tech for this bad boy?

>Not owning a playmat for each of your favorite decks

Boi...

what's wrong with Ayli? She's a neat commander

If you do Tromokratis, you're only running a ton of creatures if you're going full tribal. He otherwise is better suited for control/Stax/Voltron shenanigans.

I need to document my current build sometime, see what shit I could run but don't, so I get BTFO less.

>don't buy playmats
Are you serious? Playmates are amazingly useful. They make it easier to pick up or move around your cards, plus they protect against dirty or rough playing surfaces.

firecat blitz

Unwinding Clock
Mycosynth Lattice
Kill switch

You untap on everybody else's turn, throw the kill switch at the end of every turn but the player who goes before you.

You will be the only player on the board who can untap

Yes, I know, but mono-blue Kavu is the worst idea imaginable. Why didn't we get a five-color with changeling?

She's definitely the best of the cards I named, and I own one with an intention to build Cleric tribal, but she's also so outclassed by other BW options, few of them actual Clerics , that it's a bit of a shame.

That only shows the most used shit, NOT the best and of course it doesn't show secret tech. If you don't want to help, just don't reply.

I do have four or five krakens, whelming wave, and some equipment interactions with smaller creatures until the bigger ones come out. I should just counter things that try to counter me?

>bored with my other hobbies
>feel like brewing a deck for no other reason that i have nothing else that i feel like doing
>don't even care about playing edh itself, just want to brew and own more decks

ehhh

throw some ideas at me pls

Banlist updated: No changes

Because we have a 5 colour changeling legend already

To all the master decksmiths in here procrastinating, could you take a look?

Sigarda, Heron's Grace human tribal

is this a good idea? is it spicy? i want to build a tribal that isn't just "smash some mouths lmao"

maybe i should build reaper king

Dragon arch is a 5 drop artifact, not 4 green. Different user by the way.
At least ayli is playable. Ulrich kind of is but not that much. Ludevic not that much.

Need some spicy red generic tribal cards for a MURDER KING zombie deck I wanna try. I already have Mana Echos and Shared Animosity, plus some board wide haste effects and Purfuros like stuff. What else you got?

Space theme.

I run it in Saskia to get surprise kills when people won't block a token. Usually kills two people as a result.

I recall doing UW Daxos human tribal and it was awful. It was almost pure mono white.
I feel like humans are good only in non-singleton formats, not sure what green humans are playable aside from Kamahl.

shambling remains

>Post em :^)
>Spicy tech :^)
>$20 Budget with shipping :^)
>I only play online :^)

well it's not really necessary to use green for much else than goodstuff and anthemy effects

any other tribal ideas? is reaper king fun and even remotely viable?

Many Magic the Gathering players wonder why you're such a faggot?

I've been testing that a little. I like Siege-Gang Commander. Great drop all-around.

Also, I run Ensnaring Bridge and Glacial Crevasses to stall out at the end.

Post your great conversation starter, friend :^)

He is and I feel like it's the best 5 colour commander out there, unless you're doing goodstuff.
I'm doing at the moment Zombies&Wizards tribal deck with GG, but so far I think that my favorite has been Cleric tribal with Ayli. I feel bad for not finishing my Tariel Angels&Demons tribal eons ago, since I completely lost interest in it.
Anyway, the most common tribes in EDH are angels, wizards, zombies and dragons at least from what I've seen.
If you insist on 5-colour, I'd say either elementals (with Horde) or changelings&scarecrows.
There exist really good tribes, but not everything gets support. I could recommend Soldiers or Warriors, since most of them are human anyway, if you want Sigarda.

Have you tried just talking about EDH?

i don't care about what tribe i'm building, i just don't want it to be completely weak and mindnumbingly boring. i didn't like my attempted zombie tribal because it was so slow and shitty, all it could do was smash someone for like 30 damage in a magical christmaslnad scenario

It's always been $20 before shipping, not with shipping. Faggot.

>Give me the must use cards.
>EDHREC only gives the most used cards.

Goblin sharpshooter + basilisk collar to machine gun the board. Tymaret works well with a pingers approach.

Not all of us are fucking autismbux having manbabies who can afford $20 plus shipping you fucking NEET. I have a family and a mortgage and I get $20 a month for MtG THAT INCLUDES SHIPPING fucking shitfaggot.

People with 5+ decks how do you bring them to where you play?

My group usually plays at eachothers houses and we have varying powerlevels so I usually like to bring all 5 of my decks with me but throwing the boxes in a book bag isn't great.

>use the advanced filter to include some of the most expensive lands
>see the other power cards that people fit in with those decks

i have a custom made wooden deckbox for carrying them around

>$20 a month
user, I have a garbage minimum wage job and I rent a very expensive house, I'm sure you can afford more if you want to spend more.

Fatpacks. 3 decks fit in one fat pack, and I have a spare fancy case for my expensive deck. I usually just throw two fat packs into my backpack, maybe with some elastics if I'm going on a big journey. I brought 3 decks to new york on a plane, and it wasn't a big deal at all.

I have a messenger bag that I just keep my Magic stuff in. It holds my six decks in those Satin Tower things, a playmat and a couple binders. I just toss it in the car and ez pz.

>ywn have a custom art commander this sick

I found a toolbox that fits decks perfectly.

It holds all 7 of mine now with room for one more. If I bought a second one and swapped out the big tubs I could fit twelve but I like having the room for tokens and dice.

amazon.com/dp/B001G1CUK0/ref=twister_B01M3PL0CR?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

No, I wont. That's fucking amazing.

But, I'll also never have an alter this bad.