/kdm/kdg/kdmg/ Kingdom Death General

No Longer the Final Boss Edition

FAQ
>What is it?
Kingdom Death is a board game where you kill monsters to make cool new hats.
>Where can I buy it?
Nowhere at the moment. You just missed the kickstarter, and the webstore won't be getting any more stock while the update is in production.
Should restock on Black Friday, depending on production schedule. If you want to play it, check eBay for the old version, or play over Tabletop Simulator.
>When does it deliver?
Core game will likely be this year, mid-late fall. Current Expansions will ship soon after, followed by Gamblers Chest and Promos next year, then Expansions shipping in two or three waves between then and 2020.
>Can I add to my pledge in the Pledge Manager?
Nobody knows. Anybody who claims otherwise is lying.

Previous thread >Threadly Question
Which new expansion is going to be the new "Must Get" expansion to the game?

Other urls found in this thread:

boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/55690/kingdom-death-monster
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Frogdog or Honeycomb Weaver probably, possibly also abyssal woods from a sheer value perspective though that will depend on the final msrp.

I'm personally looking forward to the red witches expansion, but that's just me.

If Poots is a real bro and lets us add funds to the pledge manager and I have around $60 to spend, what do you guys think is the most appealing option:
Pathfinders of Death
Red Witches
or Black Knight?

Black Knight, he's a quarry and you don't need any other expansions to use all the content in the expansion, unlike Red Witches which requires the Pariah.

Of course if you already have the Pariah then it'd say just pick whatever you think has nicer models though I'd still tend towards the Black Knight.

Pathfinders seems to have the lowest gameplay value. I like the Red Witches more because tits n hips, plus dope-ass pimp gear and lots of minis. Though I think most would say doggo.

I'd go with one of the actual expansions, so the Red Witches or Black Knight.
The Pathfinders are cross-over miniatures, I don't know how much content they'll get.
It's probably going to be far more limited than the expansions will be.

The Red Witches do not require the Pariah, but I admit an interaction between the two is likely.

That's what I meant by
> to use ALL the content
without him you can only use some of he content (no limited campaign).

I don't know why, but the pariah tripped my " this fight will be ass" sensor. When you fight him upside down, I'm worried it will have stupid rules like " reduce speed and movement to 1" or " you can't use two handed weapons".

If balanced properly, that shouldn't matter too much.

Considering I'd been thinking of grabbing a chinaman version of Black Knight before the expansion got released. Mostly interested in Pathfinders simply because I'm concerned about not being able to get them later. Plus elf waifu.

Unless you absolutely adore Pathfinder I wouldn't recommend Pathfinders of Death, you can always get Chinaman recasts of the models if your interested in those, the rules seem easy enough to just print out or have in PDF form with how little of them there are.

Best Doggo for Best Girl it is.

Frogdog and Honeycomb Weaver will be big. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that Gryphon, as another traditional alt campaign, will also end up being seen as highly desirable. The expansions that require other expansions will be seen as less desirable due to the barrier to entry involved in using them.

Speaking of Honeycomb Weaver, some notes from my time playtesting the Fan Campaign...

1.) The theme is pretty strong in the first hunt, but dies off after until you start getting Honeypots. They're a big part of the campaign, so that's not surprising.

2.) Tons of shit needed wording tweaks and I realized I had no guaranteed access to Heat in my campaign. As such, I created a replacement for Hands of Heat and a population level dependent access to heat via a new innovation that replaces Lantern Oven.

3.) Blue Honeypot seemed powerful, but it's actually shit compared to the other two, so I buffed it a bit.

4.) That said, Honeypots in general seemed to be in a good spot. They're powerful but vulnerable, and constantly having to deal with Vestiphobia means they can't benefit from most armor bonuses, leading to some difficult choices when it comes to building gear.

5.) Figuring out when to bring a powerful male survivor and when to bring trash to breed with feels fun.

6.) Death principles are stupid powerful in this campaign. Life principles are pretty even, though I'd give the edge to SotF. Without Augery, I really feel like there needs to be another dump for endeavors, though. They're useless in the early game.

>Which new expansion is going to be the new "Must Get" expansion to the game?
A good argument can be made for Node 1 monsters as per but I feel that's going to be diluted because you've got Gorm, Frogdog, and Weaver for various flavors of Node 1. The other real "Must buy" from KS1 has been Dragon King for being the more fun alt campaign. To which I feel you're going to be looking at Abyssal Woods for offering a Node 3 (whatever), Node 5 GSK-pusher-forward (Cool), Short Campaign that people had actually been crying for (Like Squires), AND a full longform campaign (Even if it takes other xpacs, it's just two). That's a ton of content, and perhaps more importantly a ton of modes.

>The expansions that require other expansions will be seen as less desirable due to the barrier to entry involved in using them.
That's defintely true for the Inverted Mountain Campaign butI'm not so sure about Silver City or Abyssal Woods, both of them have so much stuff packed into them that the barrier to entry might be seen as totally worth it for what your're getting.

Silver City especially I think will be very sought after as the Lion God is one of the games cheaper expansions.

We don't even yet know what kind of monster the Spiral Knight will be, for all we know the Abyssal Woods might end up coming with another Quarry monster which would make it even crazier.

And I do think It'l be a quarry since we already have the Disciples, The Witch herself and the Sparrow King human form which could already cover 3 nemesis nodes.

Was Flower Witch confirmed Nemesis? I know Disciples of the Witch were but FW herself seems like something that wouldn't come to you; you'd have to go to her.

In the reveal, Poots described Spiral Knight as a quarry in certain types of campaigns and a nemesis in others. I'm interested to see what that looks like.

I would assume so, she's entirely unique.
There is only 1 of her.

The Disciple 6 lore (About the 5th petal) implies she can/will be replaced by a successor.

My guess in that case is that He's a nemesis in normal Campaigns and a Quarry in Abyssal Woods campaigns.

Either that or it's the other way round and the Flower Witch is the campaigns Watcher equivalent to the Sparrow Kings GSK equivalent.

Probably, but I'm not so sure.
I imagine one of the Disciples becoming the new Witch with the 5th Petal containing something else, as she will leave it to her successor, implying that it's not a new her.

>getting all of the new expansions
Feels good.

Indeed, Gambler's Lantern was a lovely get on the KS.

Fuck, My f5 was weak and I got stuck with Frogdog and it still feels good compared to adding on or dealing with a last day pledge like Gamer's.

I'd kill for ANY other shirt, though.

>SK pinup
>no SK expansion
Feels bad man :(

one of the guys in my magic playgroups wants to give this game a try, is it any good?

Yes.

>$777 pledger
>mfw the expansions kept dropping
>mfw fookn Abyssal Woods

Yes, but you couldn't get much farther from M:tG. Best of luck, user.

short answer: yes.
long answer: Hell yes. boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/55690/kingdom-death-monster

Just keep in mind that it's about the settlement, not the individual survivors, or all the death is going to be a bit of a turn-off.

I got lucky, I was at work the day it started, and couldn't pledge until later in that day, started out with a Silver Lantern, and F5ed my way to a BF Gambler's Lantern.
I ended with backer number 4905 or so on that one.

Did anyone actually purchase the plastic game board?

I waffled ducking hard on that. Mainly because rolling dice on plastic boards FUCKING SUCKS. Also, to lesser degree, thought of having to paint the board...but I know Adam is going to make a fucking awesome board

I wanted to but I'll wait until its released.

I think the Silver City might be the campain that poots loves the most. Possibly Abyssal woods? Gods that kickstarter was huge.

Really looking forward to getting my stuff, though a little saddened by how long it will apparently all take. I'd like to have the option to get all the stuff at once, but instead I know it will be literal years.

added to my pledge, I'm curious to see what it'll be like.
And I can always turn it into a display-board if it's not that good to game on.

I'd bet Woods for Poots-love. Silver City was practically pitched as "by popular demand", and we know it's one of his collaborators who's a gigantic Lion God fanboy.

Oh it's obviously abyssal woods out of those two, the best guage for how much Poots loves an expansion is to take the pin-up/expansion ratio. That and it interacts with Poots favourite overall expansion Dung Beetle Knight.

board is a terrible idea. i am a satan with extra rulebook. dice and crossovers. and i wouldnt touch that one with a 10 feet pole

Silver City is more of a "I know you paid for thing, but this thing fixes it if you pay for it too"

Woods was "HOLY FUCK DOODLE SPROODLE KNIGHT, FORBIDDEN LORE, BIG TIDDY WITCHES, GOBBO DROGGO, BIGGER ENCOUNTER MONSTER, GORILLION CAMPAIGNS" so yea, probably woods.

It will look awesome, I don't doubt that. But same reason as you why I'm not going to buy it. There is enough space needed to keep all the sheets and cards and tokens handy, don't want to add any dedicated dice rolling space to that.

To be fair it doesn't just fix what was wrong with Lion God, it introduces a whole new way to play the game which if you were to combine it with the Nightmare Ram would create a full on dungeon crawling campaign.

Chances of Percival Game Content will have a influence on the Black Knight Expansion similar to how Fade is supposed to have influence on the Red Witches Expansion?

Have the generals slowed down now that the KS campaign is over? Is the hype slowly fading?

>You’re in a bar and this guy slaps your waifus thicc ass, how do you react?

Pledge another 1666$

Yes, we have left the hype train and have entered the city of Hibernationtown.

Low but present. Since it wasn't mentioned, I'd guess at most that it presents a new way to access Black Guard Style at least for the Squires

Jesus Christ, my dick wants to do all the things at once, but my body won't let it.

Pretty much. KDM may be the most funded game kickstarter, but it's still seriously small time compared to the games that maintain persistent generals like GW games, PF/D&D, Warmahordes, and so on. And it's more constrained than any of those, too, with less diverse builds than an RPG (though settlement stories could be just as varied) and no competitive meta to go on about.

Maybe that will change once the horde of new folks get their copies some time hopefully before 2017 is out, but somehow I doubt it. Enjoy the generals while there's enough hype to sustain them or melt into Board Game General.

Which is entirely understandable, there aren't too many people with the game on Veeky Forums I imagine, plenty who want it, but will have to wait for fulfilment to start.
So a slowdown is to be expected.
When I created the thread it sat entirely empty for an hour or two before the first posts popped up.

3 Wanderers or Pathfinders of Death?

3 wanderers. Pathfinders is right now kinda dubious. I mean, it may explode depending on how big "Revamped hero mode" is. It may effectivley become a full alt campaign/game mode. But in the meantime, Wanderers seem like a nice, low-impact something you can drop into your game while Pathfinders seem just a little out of theme.

didjya miss me?

For the yet to be revealed parasite queen, I hope it's a dick mangling land octopus

hey man, what's good?

not much you stupid faggot piece of shit

>play Tutorial Lion in TTS
>survivors keep getting rekt with 4 damage claw reactions
What is this bullshit, I never had that much trouble in the real game with the first cat.

>monsters vulva swells with the blood of the survivor, exciting the monster sexually.

is it weird that I feel warm and fuzzy when I get rekt on Veeky Forums? conversely, I automatically mistrust people who get too friendly. hell even /mlp/ is offensive

Please stop replying to fake Ekoi. His only purpose here is to try and divide the KDM fandom and ruin the reputation of an actually good tripfag who has done us nothing but favors.

I'm fighting lvl 1 kingsman right now on TTS and it is a tough fight. Blew through lvl1 and lvl2 first settlement. Sometimes it's the odds. Dice rolls, card combos. Add to that the fact that program RNG.

I may start fight over, not sure.

ah, missed the warning
wtb reading skills

hahaha
you sure got me!

Adam, YES

Part of me wants to convert the Messenger of Humanity to be 100% faithful to Guts' actual appearance, but I don't know... What do you guys think?

Do it for guts

Which is the art for the gambler mini? That awesome atlas one or the shitty slender one from the GC?

There are both art of the gambler, but we don't know yet what the mini will look like.

Honestly, I'm hoping we get something new. The original gamber is a bit bland, but I don't really dig the atlas one either. It just doesn't seem to fit, and seems like its just DBK the nemesis.

While emaciated cloaky guy with two faces might not (other than the face) be too unique, it's not a terrible design either, and it's 'true' to the appearance of the Gambler as we've seen him before, so I'm all for it. I just hope we get a more interesting pose than "holding up a d10", maybe some sort of "Welcome to my parlor" deal.

Speaking of Guts-- anyone know if there's any Berserk homebrews in the works? I already know about Dead End (which I guess counts), but I was more thinking something like a Griffith fight or anything like that.

I'm reading the manga, and, I just can't get into the dialogue. It's like a 15 year old wrote it. Anything to suggest (book, story arc) where writing gets better?
The little fairy faggot was sufferable

Is this even as question? Screaming God ofcourse

Maybe it's just not your thing.

It's our good faggot fucking mlp fan, Ekoi. How goes your elf collection? Got any trap waifus?

There's literally NOTHING wrong with MLP you idiot have you even watched it?

What's this from?

If people are talking about other series tie ins, I'd like to see booker and Elizabeth jump through a dimension into KD

Dragon Cre... I mean Dragon's Crown.

>hunting duo, thicc Elizabeth throws ammo at saviour Booker from a safe distance
YES!

>and then they rolled on the Intamacy table

Wouldn't that be incest table? Because they are father and daughter in a way...

I don't think major genetic issues start popping up until the 2nd or 3rd generation of inbreeding.

Finished Gorm.

Pretty good senpai, any ETA on more beasts of war?
Only thing that seems off is some of the transitions around the legs

Possibly shadows due to lighting. I need more lamps soon/lighting box.

Right now I am planning to work out recording with them next month now that family health issues are looking to be better than we feared.

lookin good.... except the mould-line on the arm, next to its mouth....

>Dat greasy, green asshole drool....

Euuughuhuhuhhh

The last time she slapped my waifu's thicc ass this happened.

So I say "slap her ass some more"

>x-tra rulebook
>not snagging a black Friday silver lantern for 50 bucks and getting all that extra stuff for 10 bucks

fucked up, user

that's a GOAT fucking monster, and it shoots lasers that somehow makes sense still

also it has BEST armor

what's not to love?

>I'm reading the manga, and, I just can't get into the dialogue. It's like a 15 year old wrote it. Anything to suggest (book, story arc) where writing gets better?
>The little fairy faggot was sufferable
It's the translation. The early fan translations of Berserk are fucking terrible. The official ones do a much better job of it.

Also, Puck stops being a real character eventually. I mean, he's always going to be there and get occasional lines, but after the Lost Children chapter he gets relegated to 100% comic relief.

>antlers
>A E S T H E T I C patinaed finish
>Shovel Knight+valkyrie
Easy 10/10 concept

Fuck yes I did

100 dollars instantly added to my pledge upon seeing that update (not sure if they can track the statistics of when people modify their pledge, but I had hoped to send a message anyways)

So fucking stoked, I was going to make my own if this was never announced.

>inb4 CHIPPING

I'm spraying the base of my minis with FLEXSEAL and the top of the board in deck finisher

no chipping allowed here.

It's very pretty... but plastic boards tend to cause the pieces to slide about and bounce whenever somebody knocks the table. Is FLEXSEAL a matte-varnishy thing? That might limit the effect a bit...

It is a cool thing to own though.

Its such a stupid idea tbqh.

Plastic terrain tile packs would have been fucking GOAT and also would have sold like hotcakes.

I'm going to paint it exactly like this for that reason

Copper is best metal afterall.

The last time we got plastic terrain it became an expansion.

>It's dumb to have 3d game board
>but give me 3d terrain!! Oh yeah!

nigga

Flex Seal is a matte rubber

Here's some results. Nevermind the fact it was applied by a retard that doesn't care what the finish looks like, it's very easy to get a smooth coat on.

If you don't like black, they have white, grey, red and clear. I really want to test drive the clear one, unsure how the finish looks on that.