40k Gathering Storm General /gsg/

>War has engulfed Cadia following the largest Chaos invasion in Imperial history. Against a tide of heretics, traitors and Daemons, the mightiest fortress world of the Cadian Gate has… (spoilers removed) …which was totally awesome.

>Now, the storm rages on, and even the ancient races of the galaxy will not escape the rising power of Chaos.

youtube.com/watch?v=TPb17XN5W0g

>We don’t recognise that rune… looks like something new is on the way.

Other urls found in this thread:

eldar.arhicks.co.uk/miscellaneous/eldar_runes.php
giantitp.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-195728.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Aeldari

You're not helping with those whole Age of the Emperor shit, geedubs.

>whfb: elves
>end times: united elves
>AoS: aelfs

>40k: eldar
>time of ending: united eldar
>41k: aeldari

the pottery is inevitably going to hurt

Aeldari? Fuck that shit, man! Call them Eldar!

I bet it was written ADB or some other BL writer, John French maybe, or Gav Thorpe....

I could see some factions to be rolled into bigger ones. From what we've heard it won't be as simplified as AoS with Order, Chaos, Death and Destruction, more like:
>Imperium
>Chaos
>Aeldari
>Orks
>Necrons
>Tyranids

Tau would probably join Eldar or some other bullshit.

On the other hand I could see a revelation like "The Hive Mind is C'tan! Necrons and 'Nids are together now." or "The Hive Mind got looted by Orks. They are one faction now."

Imperium will be this big faction like Order in AoS, with all different subfactions. Basically everything will have tons of subfactions, kinda like they are getting lately with Chaos and Imperium.

As an Ahriman fan I hope that quote means War in the Webway 2.0 is a go.

After the ass fucking GW just gave the TSons by way of their rule-set I hope he gets something nice.

I mean, this is just an out of context quote talking about ancient history

Could just be the name of their original civilisation

Why would They need a copyright shoehorn Name for Eldar, im pretty sure eldar already is that from back in ye olde days when they Werke literally called space elves

Eldar is from Tolkien, meaning 'People of the Stars' - GW don't own that name.

Like they don't own Space Marine, right?

>the infinity circuit symbol atop an Autarch rune the bottom of which is slightly elongated
Spooky Autarchs incoming, probably with more Wraith units.

No only Adeptus Astartes but they have way of making other companies not use that term.

I tried to decipher the rune using this site:
eldar.arhicks.co.uk/miscellaneous/eldar_runes.php

It's a closed version of the infinity circuit plus striking scorpion plus serpent which is exodite

giantitp.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-195728.html

>>Aeldari

Someone's going to pay for this. The Dark Eldar codex already told us what the Eldar word for their own language is, and it's "Eladrith".

Oh well. Another book I'll pirate for the rule and ignore everything else.

I fail to see your point?

Yes, it's not actually possible - or at least the issue is vexed - to own the copyright on a word; but GW is determined to use differentiated titles for products where they can; hence why so much more marines stuff highlights the name 'Adeptus Astartes' and the Guard are now 'Astra Militarum.'

GW *do* want to try and use the most unique names possible to stake a claim on their IP via unique names; which they can't do with things like Eldar or Imperial Guard.

You know the eldar language is reportedly more complex than any human tongue, right?

Is that the name of their language, or their language's name for their people?
The two are different things.

Their language's name for their people. More specifically the Dark Eldar call themselves Eladrith Ynneas, a term Vect invented.

It might be High Gothic name or something.

Then what the flying FUCK, GW.
Unless it's just Ahriman making shit up as usual, but I doubt the company would endorse that meme directly.

Surely, it can only mean a war in the webway resulting in a surprise comeback of Ynnead!

I can't wait for this setting to get rebooted.

Pretty sure they can copyright "craftworld eldar" and "dark eldar" though.
And it's highly unlikely they would decide to go full copy right protection now, instead of pulling that back when all the imperial armies got their official high gothic names like "Adeptus Astartes" or "astra militarum.

Trademark. Different from copywrite. Learn.

What is the purpose / meaning of this?

>Imperium

can we please make all 500 faggoty space marine chapters just be one army now please?

This. I hope GW fucks thing up and million assblast will follow.

Checked praise Slaanesh

Same

>I hope GW fuck up a thing everyone loves
>I love being an edgy world hating teen
K, friendo

Storm.. of Chaos?

The game is such an unbalanced mess that the only way to fix it is to start anew.

>Now, at last, the tome has fallen open. Within its pages the Shadowseers have found a script, a secret final act that changes utterly the tale of the Fall. Penned in inks of light and shadow, these words present a slender hope, detailing an intricate, galaxy-spanning performance with the potential to change the fate of the Eldar race. Always, the strands of fate have pointed toward the victory of Chaos during the last, mythic battle known to the Eldar as the Rhana Dandra. Yet within the pages of the crystal tome is recorded Cegorach’s ultimate jest, a way to trick Slaanesh into expending all her power not to destroy the Eldar, but to save them. How such an impossibility could come to pass is unclear, for on this matter the final act is infuriatingly vague. Yet the Harlequins take their god’s words on faith alone, for their devotion to Cegorach is total and his methods beyond question or reproach. Thus they have begun the steps of this final dance, and will see it completed, or else face absolute destruction in the attempt.

The final dance is starting. Chaos is destined to win it but Cegorach words revealed another possibility. Interesting.

Anyways, who are the three foes that Eldar will face in the Rhana Dandra according to Cegorach's bible? Well, we know all of them now except one.

1-"Within madness’ eye, the champion of the Ruinous Powers prepares to seize a realm long denied". (Abaddon the villain of FoC)
2-"A fallen sorcerer seeks the lore of the library" (Ahriman the villain of the next book)
3-" A king stirs in his court of death and silence, preparing to rise once more"

So who or what is this king?

That is not what I was quoted.

The king is Curze, Demon Primarch, Prophet of the 8th, He Who Punishes, The Taker of Skin

The Silent King.

The Silent King comes to mind

A Necron, presumably.

>So who or what is this king?
Silent king certainly fits the description of a king whose court is filled with "silence" and "death"

Creeeeeeed, come back :(

what if trazyn and creed became best buddies?

Will he finally get a model and rules?

probably, nagash did

>Creed's ability to TACTICAL GENIUS Baneblades has been because Trazyn just keeps popping stuff out of his tessaract labarynth

The game is a huge fucking mess and the lore gets worse by the year because GW only hires hack writers.

>lore gets worse by the year
oh please, no matter what they wrote you would hate it anyway

Nope. GW lore used to be good because the old writers had great inspiration from outside sources. The new writers that grew up with 40k takes their inspiration from 40k. The company also takes copyright more serious now. As a result the lore is now entering a stagnation that gets more dull as time goes on.

People keeps a company interesting, not just their assets and now they employ uninteresting people.

>GW lore used to be good because the old writers had great inspiration from outside sources
there was some interesting concepts like the Sensei and we had stuff like fucking Inquisitor Obi-wan, taking inspiration from other sources is not bad by any means, but sometimes it gets just wayyyy to silly

>Matt Ward
>Phil Kelly
>hacks

These are the same writers who have been writing the fluff for years.

Neither of them has been very good at it.

Kelly is decent when he wants to be, and Ward may have a boner for ultramarines, but his eldar stuff is okay at times

Almost all of 40k is derivative of other fictional sources to such a degree that it's almost plagiarism. Few basic elements of 40k is original creations of GW.

who is a good lore writer for you then ?

Where are the tau going to fit in all of this? my prediction is that they'll get BTFO by tyranids and the eldar are going to show up and lead them through the webway to where ever it is the final battle is happening.

Also, orks will join the "good" guys, theres a reason eldrad has been influencing ghazzys rise to power.

yes, but then 40k took those elements and did its own spin on then, it may be not original sure but at least its not a carbon copy

>Mat Ward and Phil Kelly are good writers

>I don't like it so everyone else should be unhappy
>I love being the centre of the universe because I am Gen Y
K, friendo.

Chances are that you came into the setting in 5th ED. So basically nearly all the fluff you were exposed to was from them.

Matt Ward has cool ideas, but he is a terrible narrator. Phil Kelly is just mediocre.

>this projection

Spotted the kraut phoneposter

is it too much to hope that this thread have the epub of Fall of Cadia?!

check /40kg/ they have one

>3-" A king stirs in his court of death and silence, preparing to rise once more"

Gaycrons.

They do like their storms.

Cegorach confirmed for Lileath.

Them bundling Tau and Necrons together wouldn't be so bad if Kroot and Vespids got some love too, but the idea of Tau and the three Eldar factions jumping into the same army list is horrible in terms of theme, fluff and rules.

Nids teaming up with chaos due to the Hive Minds ascending into gods would be fun to look at on the tabletop, but I'm sure the bugs are going to get shafted again and left on their own.

No, 40k mashed them into Warhammer Fantasy.

>Nids teaming up with chaos due to the Hive Minds ascending into gods
this is what I've been betting on for a while the hive mind becomes the chaos god of hunger or something; its a way to get rid of slaanesh (for the soccer moms) and to remove the nids as a (theoretical) rival to chaos.

So Tyranids are Skaven.

Does that mean Eldrad and robot dragon Vect are going to be waterboarding Slaanesh in a cave as he pukes Eldar?

Can someone explain how Cain's Last Stand falls into anything?

>tfw no space Gotrek fighting an infinite army of Daemons
>tfw we won't be able to call him the Doom Slayer

They're going to ruin 40k next? I can't wait.

pretty much, it'd be a bit of a shame to remove the nids as a unique faction but the same could've been said for the skaven. though the possibility of a unified setting for warhammer could be funny

The emperor is dead, and therefore silent, and he is in a way king of the imperium. If this is the end times it'd make sense for big e to come back in the final book.

Naw, Age ruined Gotrek by having him blow up and making Roman Slayers physically lust for fragments of his body.

>implying that's Gotrek

>End Times ends with Gotrek becoming the new Grimnir and holding his fortress within the Warp
>Grimnir appears after the dust settles and Chaos is finished killing

Its Gotrek. It can't be anyone else, Grimnir gave him his own divinity and stood as a mortal.

>when Veeky Forums gives you even worse fluff than GW

What if the tau unfuck their own shit, throw away the ethereals, finally grow full heads of hair and make all their battlesuits thicc and sexy?

would that excuse all the massive plot fuckups that are coming?

>implying that's not original Grimnir
>implying the real Gotrek isn't currently still killing Daemons
>implying God Gotrek wouldn't have resurrected Felix at least

Naw.

Tau are Tomb Kings and despite getting new models and having an expansive model line are tied to a log heading towards the saw as a faction.

>What if the tau unfuck their own shit, throw away the ethereals

The Ethereals are pretty much the main reason why the Tau are so unfucked in general, they're not exactly moustache-twirling villains, they're just really, really competent sociopathic leaders with a 'no matter the cost' philosophy behind their rhetoric. I strongly doubt the entire Tau Empire's capability to remain as cohesive and advanced as it is without them, as they've effectively been genetically and psychologically bent towards functioning at maximum efficiency under Ethereal leadership.

Farsight Enclaves are an interesting anomaly, but one that hasn't been entirely proven as stable yet.

CALLING IT NOW

>exodites, dark eldars, and most craftworlders unite under the leadership of Eldanesh reborn, figure out a way of reincarnating properly and rebuild the Aeldari empire

>Eldrad and a bunch of harlequins and Iyanden assholes from the house of Ulthanash become full-blown death-worshipping necromancers, raise an army of wraith constructs with the help of Ynnead and become the DEATH ELDARS

So if this happens GW will never touch the good 40k again right?

No more Grey knights killing sisters of battle?

No more retarded battles?

Hell fucking yes

Some of us started with Haines and Chambers. Trust us, Kelly and Ward are rubbish.

Those were the days.

Hey I have a 4th edition codex! I'm not that young.

5e a best

The only 40k lore we need

So why exactly would any respectable person care for this?

Most people on Veeky Forums listen to 5e lore instead of nu40k lore right?

5'th edition was when the fluff started getting shitty.

Why do you fags complain like you dont have to listen to it.

I havent listened to official 40k lore in years I swear I dont know why but the 40k fanbase on Veeky Forums just has taken a dive.

I hate how the site that made me love 40k is currently making me hate it and all the people in these retarded threads.

>Daeth Aelderi
FTFY

Veeky Forums it self is just an over glorified shadow of its former self

you're acting as if this is a wishlist.
this is us guessing as to what horrors they'll unleash next

Veeky Forums became shit at talking 40k after /v/ migrated here to get away from political shitposting.

>tyranids becoming chaos
>tyranids just being skaven
thank fuck you don't write for GW, thats the most retarded shit i've heard in a while.

I do think the tyranids will fill a very similar role as the skaven did in the begining of the end times, and wipe out a few important places and a bunch of factions they couldn't be assed to expand on. My guess is that Ultramar and the tau empire will get overrun at the very least. I also think Calgar is getting killed or at least dreadnoughted by the swarmlord, leaving an opening for Guilliman to come back and lead the chapter.

I seriously dont get how talking anything 40k here got so bad.

Your lucky if some 2 assholes dont start shit in lore threads anymore

Thread on assassins? Some assholes will say LOL IMPERIALFAGS NEED THIS OP SHIT LOL DAMAOCLOS BTFO BTFO BTFO YOUR FACTION SUCKS

I really fucking despise this attitude on Veeky Forums