Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

Sylandri Veilwalker Edition

Old Thread: >THIS IS THE LIST BUILDER. DON'T FUCKING ASK FOR IT
webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#/rosterCreator

>Freshest Rules in Epub (Use Readium for PC or Kobo on Android)
mega.nz/#F!Wl5DAbCb!TYxZG4CgX_x-NJu7JBwbZQ!2tgBUTYI

>Not always current PDFs:
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>Up to date FAQs
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40K 7th Edition Quick Reference Sheets:
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>Forge World Book Index:
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

> The Black Library (soon the clowns will come back, with friends!)
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q!c4pGAJDb

Other urls found in this thread:

blacklibrary.com/all-products/gathering-storm-fall-of-cadia-tablet.html
youtube.com/watch?v=TPb17XN5W0g
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

nth for "I made a mistake in the last thread and a base Raider's move plus flat out is actually 30", sorry user"

2nd for don't ask for the list builder!

list builder???????

6th for Where the Fuck is the Cadia Epub

>Tzeentch Primaris is now WC1 Blessing that gives caster and his squad Ignore Cover and BS+1

Are Rubrics decent now?

here you go friendo

blacklibrary.com/all-products/gathering-storm-fall-of-cadia-tablet.html

GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!

Thanks Friend!

>Aeldari

>youtube.com/watch?v=TPb17XN5W0g
Makes since given we got major leaks for FoC on the 20th of December. They want to get in front of it a bit incase they need to do another emergency livestream.

There was legitimately not a single reason to change the name of the Eldar

Why does GW do the things it does?

Aren't you excited for Orruks to arrive in the Cadian system?

Fuck are they squatting eldar?

It fits that they arrive much later, they are only initiative 2

Reposting the best Death Guard list

What does it mean?

Maybe Ahriman just knows what they called themselves in an older dialect?

>Only competent character in 40k finally getting some recognition

About god damn time.

Whom?

plastic sisters aren't profitable

Aren't you supposed to take 3 CSM squads for the warband?

No, but I bet they pull some gargantuan upset fluffwise, like Ahriman finding a Commoragh kill switch in the Black Library and scattering the Deldar, or a bunch of Craftworlds being killed by some magical chaos Macguffin.

Total War and Dawn of War propably
I like Mordheim, so sad that it flopped

It's certainly an improvement, but I'd rather not see Ignores Cover become even more ubiquitous. Maybe something like:
>Reckoning of Tzeentch- Warp Charge 2
>Reckoning of Tzeentch is a Blessing that targets the Psyker and his unit and lasts until the beginning of the next Psychic Phase. Affected models have the Preferred Enemy special rule. In addition, enemy models must reroll all save results of a 6 against wounds inflicted by affected models.

There's that thing trying to break into Commoragh too, mentioned in the DE book and maybe Harlequins.

>AELDARI
>AELDARI
>AELDARI
>NOT 40K END TIMES

They better keep Deldar around just light a army a few months ago

boxed sets over christmas basically.

That explains why Ahriman might call them that, but it doesn't explain why GW would invent that term irl and insert it into the game, especially with the uncomfortable similarity to Aelves in Age of Sigmar that already exists with both settings having an Elf alliance.

they're pretty vocal that video games don't add noticeable increases in new players, their growth rate doesn't spike because DoW releases.

video game playing children are too poor to buy plastic models

Year over year profits doubled. Investors like that.

That list needs updating to include helping Silvereye stop the Nids on Valedor. Based Sylandri is the gift that keeps on giving. She's a minor character no one notices, but masterminds so much shit. Can't wait for her to get a model.

AoS ended up being a good move.
40k needs its act cleaned up.

Could be

....fair

I think this is it. The quote is talking about the Eldar before the birth of Slaanesh

They'll be reduced to driver (first class)

As a Thousand Sons fag, I'll be pissed if this results in anything other than Ahriman finding whatever info he needs to continue his quest. Fuck Wrath of Magnus and GW's perpetual need to have Chaos fail to achieve their stated goal but instead succeed at some other, entirely new, never-before-mentioned objective.

>She's a minor character no one notices

People notice, they just don't care about some obnoxious mary sue.
Based Bile, showing her what for.

>Aeldar Army Service Corps

It needs a rules overhaul, but it doesn't have to be anything more than a severe cutback on power creep and rules bloat, and didn't need to come with them advancing the damn setting.

There are ten thousand years of endless war between 40k and the Horus Heresy, surely they could have invented an interesting conflict inside that span of time if they wanted to have a narrative based expansion with an up-in-the-air result.

>for years people ask for the plot to advance
>as soon as the plot advances everyone whines that it's a blunder

I will actually go into a GW and pepper spray myself so I can cry on all their boxes if they rename Orks Orruks

That's what they are now
You have core craftworld token Delmar hq and then harlequins in d eldar transport

>Obnoxious mary sue

Oh Veeky Forums, you and those words again...

I was never one of them. I always liked that 40k was a setting frozen in a moment where everyone still had a chance and where the outcome was down to you and your friends to decide.

They'll call them the name already in the fluff
Krorks

Having to refer to your army as Orruks feels like shaming

Looks pretty solid then, other than maybe...

Why do you have heavy weapon squads with four heavy weapons in a transport they can only shoot two out of at once?

>Shows up and always gets her way
>Not Mary Sue

I'm sorry, dem boyz be Orruks now

So a common misconception is that the pro language works like gothic. In fact, the ru in Orruk is silent.

>Commoragh kill switch
You're a little late to the party.
One already exists: Khaine's Gate

And expect it to be opened.

I wonder if there will be any models for chaos in these gathering storm books or if they are put on hold since Magnus/TS release.
Another triumvirate box for book 3 (maybe Abbadon, Typhus and Fabius Bile) along with a replacement for the old csm troops would be cool. Its about time they get updated to the Dark Vengeance style.

Should I put dark lances or disintegrator cannons on my Raiders?

Do you want them to fight vehicles or infantry?

Why would they get rid of their most recognizable brand names for some DnD tier gibberish?

[SPOILER] WHY WOULD SOMEONE GIVE A SETTING A MASSIVE 'END TIMES' UPDATE BEFORE THROWING IT UNDER A BUS?

She's not even one person. It's an assumed name ya dingus. Read the codex.

>I wonder if there will be any models for chaos in these gathering storm
100% there will be before the end of the campaign. Not sure about Fabius, but Abaddon absolutely will get one. The rest probably depends on who they want to bring into the story.

>Book ends with Ahriman finding the Black Library.
>Just as he's about to enter
>Then a Thunder Hammer comes flying through the door, going Mach 30
>Crushes into his side
>Book Ends. To be continued.

>She's not even one person. It's an assumed name ya dingus.

Maybe, literally doesn't matter because they all act exactly the same. Mary sue bullshit.
Almost invariably when you read the name it's time to put the book down.

>Roundabout by Yes begins playing

I think my list could do with more anti-armour, so lances seem like a wise choice.

This is my list so far.

Perfection.

Chaos will probably get one, but I doubt Abbadon will be in there. I'd expect him to get a big kit of just him

>A codename is a Mary sue

Post yfw

>AELDARI

>Character's have the same name
>All act the same
>Always show up for some clown plot asspull

Doesn't matter if their fictional genes are different, in essence it's just the same character.

>they need to do another emergency livestream.
I can believe people are dumb enough to think they didnt leak that.

will genestealer cults get any end times action? A terran insurrection perhaps?

Looks good to me, although you can only have one relic on the Archon so you should drop something, probably the Parasite's Kiss.

Be careful with how much you've invested into that Archon plus Incubi though, you need to pick very careful fights to make that worthwhile.

Noone else cares about your irrelevant cheese army. Getting worse then the Tau at this point.

Couldn't the clowns have their own version of Phoenix Lord armour?

So even if the physical Eldar box might be different. It's still the same character driving?

They already do, they have the great harlequin.

Thing is, if they were planning on blowing everything up they wouldn't change it now. They'd probably wait for the release of Age of the Emperor or whatever and switch it all then like they did with AoS.

The fact that it's happening now makes it seem more like an Astra Militarum situation than an Orruk or Duardin situation. They'll retcon it as "Eldar" is the Imperial term which is a corruption of the "proper" term "Aeldari".

What? For fantasy or 40k??

Not exactly the same - it's not a suit that turns souls into a gestalt

Thing with GSC is there is no "unity" between them

At best a GSC End Times would be "a shit ton of systems go dark as GSCs spring up EVERYWHERE AT ONCE"

Which isn't much different than "a shit ton of systems go dark as Chaos Cult's spring up EVERYWHERE AT ONCE" it doesn't do much as a pure threat (Chaos' "pure threat" is the Black Crusade) just like GSC pure threat is the Tyranids

I want post 4th lore to go and stay go.

When GK mercy bloodbath sound like good lore you have a problem

No epub yet?

The pattern is 2 books
Gathering storm is about alliances being made against chaos - so part 2 fall of commoragh and that tau ethereal joins up
The follow up to traitors hate will be more chaos orientated as that was labelled as 13th black crusade - part 2 of that will be the expansion into the cadia sector /obscurus segmentum

I doubt extremely shitty WD scans was part of their marketing plan.

Except 5th ed DEldar. That update was objectively great.

Alright we have Aeldar and Deldar, what do you guys think the Beldar and Celdar codicies will be like?

So what happens to the Dark Eldar if Commoragh falls?

It's so dumb that it's likely it'll fall. It doesn't change anything in the setting except shitting on the Dark Eldar for no reason.

But, the idea of the Grey Knights using blood magic to protect themselves from Chaos magic is entirely in keeping with older lore.

>doesnt remember the Magnus leaks
Ok stay dumb.

Hoping for an answer here, didn't get one in the elder thread.

Why don't people put fire dragons in raiders? Deploy in your zone; embark and move to cover turn one. Turn two, drive by melta. Is this not supported by the allies chart anymore, or is there a tactical reason not to?

That's different.

Carnifex happen. Carnifex happen user. Never forget

Did GW ever apologise for that shit?

WE WUZ TYRANTS AND SHIT

You can't deploy in them, so you're vulnerable in having to deploy separately and then mount up that first turn.

They move to another spot in the webway.

>It doesn't change anything in the setting except shitting on the Dark Eldar for no reason.
It gives DE a stake in the conflict.

> WHY WOULD SOMEONE GIVE A SETTING A MASSIVE 'END TIMES' UPDATE BEFORE THROWING IT UNDER A BUS?

>doesnt' remember what happened to fantasy

>doesnt' remember there were several books with new rules and units released right before the AOS happened

I can't wait to see all the idiots buy the Fall of Cadia book(s), just to see 40k squatted by the Age of the Emperor before their very eyes.

DE can't survive outside of commorragh though

>no reason
They are the worst of the non chaos factions literally edgelords