mega.nz/#F!z8pBVD4Q!UIJWxhYEWy7Xp91j6tztoQ

>Pastebin with resources and so on:
pastebin.com/X1TFNxck (embed)

>/5eg/ Discord server
discord.gg/0rRMo7j6WJoQmZ1b

>5etools
5egmegaanon.github.io/5etools/5etools.html

Previous Thread: > tfw the new Arcana is for old rangers, not the new ones
> tfw rangers were first cucked by artificers, now forced to share their Arcana with rogues
Rangers were a mistake. Nothing but trash.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7TLkE0XsQew&feature=youtu.be&t=33
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>It says attacks, not spells.

Surely damage dealing spells count as attacks?

So after your players beat your first BBEG and finish that plot hook, do you guys give them the option of creating new characters for the next story?

Even if the story is in the same setting?

Attacking is a specific action.

>tree archer
thats even better than bugbears wielding whips imo

>posted in last thread but i'll post it here too

I'm midway through a campaign and my character sheet is getting pretty full and messy so I wanna redo it/organise it a bit.

Are there any noice and simple, but organised enough and good to look at character sheets that you guys know about?

Cheers.

PS. I'm playing a Tempest Cleric, viking style.

>tfw the new Arcana is for old rangers, not the new ones

What the difference?

>tfw the new Arcana is for old rangers, not the new ones
no:

>"If you’re playtesting the Unearthed Arcana ranger, you
can use these subclasses with it if you make one
addition: give each subclass the Extra Attack feature.
Extra Attack. Beginning at 5th level, you can attack
twice, instead of once, whenever you take the Attack
action on your turn."

So the Primeval Guardian can always get to maximum HP at level 7 by going into and out of your guardian form?

Seems like this isn't intentional.

> Current year
> Playing offline
Are you kidding me?

My Monk who wants to be belly dancer has crap charisma but can sure move her body in any way she wants with her dex

How is the darkness/devil sight kit with WotS monk and warlock multiclass?
I want to play something stupid and fun.

Oh I mean out of combat

>Didn't give a shit about ranger
>only 1 rogue archetype
Trash UA

How are the spell smites compared to the Pally's Divine Smite. Is it worth getting the Spell smites?

Sucks to be you, dancing is a performance and uses Charisma unless your DM tells you otherwise.

You can just combine them. So yeah get some of them

Peasants can be trained to use spears.
1d6 is for spears.
12 AC is using a shield and spear, assuming they're proficient with shields. Might as well be.
4 HP was part of the example.

This isn't a 'yeah, this is good' thing.
This is a 'Holy shit fucking sheep are stronger than commoners armed with shields and weapons''

You can do it well but you lack the showmanship flair.

>"On all levels except physical, I am a tree"
>[Becomes primeval guardian]

Horizon Walker fluff is different from the Prestige Class one from 3.5. I liked it tho

Primeval guardian is another take on the Warden class from 4e, pretty cool

>not a Bugbear Assassin Battlemaster Primeval Guardian

Does anyone have that book of feats that work for 5e. I want something new to look at.

Wait you can expend a spell slot of an expended spell for a divine smite?

>goading attack
>long arm
>whip
>guardian soul

>whipping enemies from ! ! TWENTY FIVE FEET ! ! away
>pull them in
>noose them
>hang them from your own branches
>soak their blood into your roots

Github in the OP

Copy + pasting what I said in the last thread about initial thoughts on new UA stuff.

Planar Warrior does eat up your bonus action every turn, which can be useful in certain situations (shifting Hunter's Mark, casting some spells, etc.).

Otherwise Horizon Walker is basically, "I guard the Material Plane from extraplanar incursions, and use the other planes to my advantage."

Primeval Guardian basically turns you into a living, crawling artillery cannon, which I think I'm ok with.

Rogue Scout gets you two free skills WITH Expertise in them at level 3 and a free move if some guy ends their turn next to you. More movement speed at level 9 is nice.

Ambush Master at level 13, pretty strong. Free increase in initiative count for the entire party for the entire fight so long as you begin combat with a surprise round sounds busted. Not to mention they also get a bonus to move speed too.

Sudden Strike letting you get 2x Sneak Attack in one turn on the same target is super strong, but it being a level 17 skill, probably not going to be seen all too often.

>turn into tree
>get HP
>stop being a tree
>turn into tree
>get HP
>stop being tree
>turn into tree

Am I missing something or did they fuck up again?

Will getting proficiency in Performance mitigate liw Charisma?

When the form
ends, you lose any temporary hit points you
have from it.

Yes, the second half of the paragraph

thats pretty much intentional

Read the level 7 feature.

Is there anything similar to a ki focus in 5e?

yeah just what I said here You can only do this when you get to level 7 though, because you lose your temporary hit points

You mean on a tablet/phone sitting with your group of friends.

Or sitting at home on your own using text or voice comms?

It's intentional they can heal themself for 2xRangerLevel HP every other turn by rapidly turning into a tree and then a ranger again?

This
increase lasts until you leave the form; your hit
point maximum then returns to normal, but your
current hit points remain the same, unless they
must decrease to abide by your hit point
maximum.

You can keep yourself healed, by strobing in and out of treemode I guess

They fucked up.

He's talking about the level 7 ability. You gain 2 hp / Ranger level for both your current and maximum hitpoints. When you end your treeform, your maximum decreases, but you retain the gain of current hitpoints unless they need to be lowered to fit within your original max HP.

So let's say you're a level 7 Ranger at 40/70hp. You turn into a tree and become 54/84.
You stop being a tree and are now at 54/70.

Or you're at 60/70.
You turn into a tree and become 74/84.
You stop being a tree and are back to 70/70, having lost that 4 HP due to your lowered maximum.

Yes

attacks = weapon attacks and spell attacks (anything that makes you make an attack roll)
the Attack action is an action you can take

Planar Warrior says "your attacks", not "when you take the attack action...

Someone ask Sage Advice before this becomes the Kensei weapons argument all over again

trees are strong, bro

Both this and the Kensei features were incredibly clear as written. Only idiots couldn't parse it. Just because it makes bad balance sense doesn't mean that's not what the material fucking says. Paladins and Wizards also make bad balance sense but we're stuck with them.

>RAY OF FROST + THORNS
>there's little ice shards in there
>PRODUCE FLAME + THORNS
>just throwing a flaming bundle of rose stems
>THORN WHIP + THORNS
>that's not a thorn whip, this is a thorn whip
>ELDRITCH BLAST + THORNS
>channel your internal edginess into SPIKEY magical beams

Level 7 ability brah. Your maximum hp return to normal but your current hp remain the same.

Meganon will work again it seems

This is the simplest and best organized there is. Pure utility.

If you're not a prepared spell caster, I suggest covering up the Prepared Spell box and setting up a system to track whatever class resources you have

>thorns
Piercing Thorns actually does say "weapon attack". Planar Warrior doesn't, but maybe it meant to.

Still, don't blame me for RAW's retardation.

You can expend a spell slot even after you used it to cast?

oh of course, the more magical variant of the same ability with a better damage type is also more versatile
fucking caster supremacy

noooooooooooooooooooo

No. What part of "expend" is confusing you? When you use it, it's gone.

Did your DM ever allow you to role-play more then just your PC?

It also makes you spend a bonus action. Piercing Thorns is free every turn.

updated with the new UA

Yes. Once upon a time, our PCs got captured, so he handed us character sheets of our NPC allies, so we broke ourselves out.

Yes, you can keep casting forever, Harry, as long as you believe in yourself and the power to bullshit and your DM doesn't call you out on it.

>70/70 as humanoid
>74/74 as tree
>74/70 as humanoid
>78/74 as tree
>78/70 as humanoid
>82/74 as tree
>82/70 as humanoid
>86/74 as tree
>86/70 as humanoid
>8 hours later: 1200/70 HP

Pfft, the last time my PC got captured I constructed a shank and shield out of the piss-bucket and a bed leg, used a spoon to burrow into the adjacent cell, murdered the guards when they went to check on my harmless cell neighbor, put on their uniforms, set all the non-murdering criminals free, and razed half the prison.

That's not how it works.

>You undergo the following changes while in your guardian form:
>Your reach increases by 5 feet
MY REACH EXTENDS
SOON NOTHING SHALL LIE BEYOND MY GRASP

>your hit point maximum then returns to normal, but your current hit points remain the same,
>unless they must decrease to abide by your hit point maximum.
So no, you'd go back to 70/70 time once you go back to humanoid. Doesn't mean being able to heal yourself 14 hp every other turn isn't also broken though.

You almost got me there.

Good one.

Use with the spell-less ranger variant to get the maneuvers.

You could introduce an Amulet of Mighty Fists, but that's pretty much it. Ki foci were a patch made for 4e because equipment bonuses were built into the fundamental structure of the game. 5e doesn't need them.

youtube.com/watch?v=7TLkE0XsQew&feature=youtu.be&t=33

>PAM
>glaive
>bugbear
>turn into tree
>get tunnel fighter
>activate tunnel fighter
>also have sentinel
>fuck everything that comes within 20ft of you over, then move 5ft away from them so they have to enter that area again

Zone of absolute territory.

>within this area, I am God

How do we fix Artificer?

> In the end, Bugbearmont has reach so extensive, he can hit himself in the back of the head

Any home brew where it's like beast conclave for fighters instead of a beast it's another humanoid fighting with you? I want to have a brothers type of role play where they fought together since they wee young.

Problem?

> Be Bugbearmont
> Get shot

Be more animu and yell that out at the beginning of the turn

it does not need fixing

>having a beast companion
>not already thinking of it like a brother
you're rangering wrong from the get-go son

But can a wolf be your waifu?

>he thinks you can shoot a stealthing Bugbearmont that is also its own cover
FOOL

i've seen enough anime to know that the answer is yes

>turn into tree
>become invisible

"can't see the wood for the tree"

I want a brothers in arms. Get drinks, Get women Get fame, Get money. I played beast a bunch I want some thing new in role-play.

No, but that's not a bad idea. Thanks user!

I made something to randomly generate characters. I mainly use the first two pages.
What do you guys think? I have the percentage chances for each race and subrace.

>be a ranger with a brother
>hag curses your brother with the form of a wolf
>go out adventuring with your wolf-brother

So I'm thinking of multiclassing either fighter or barbarian with primeval gaurdian to become an angry violent tree man. This is gonna be fun.

What's a bugbearmont?

>let the party Halfling Diviner Wizard ride on your shoulders
>turn into a tree
>nothing can reach him

>hang enemies from your own branches

>buy a jumbo-sized wagon
>fill it with potting soil
>stay in treeform forever in your wagon as owlbear friends pull you around
>gather a small army of woodland creatures to hang out with you all the time
>mobile death forest-fortress

>brother dies in the second encounter because ranger pets suck

Honestly that's probably a decent way to explain why you decided your UA Revised Beastmaster Ranger's animal companion is proficient in history.

>kill another wolf
>brother possesses it's corpse
>continue adventuring with your zombiewolfbro

bugbear+belmont

Ghosts can only possess humanoids RAW. So you'd have to polymorph the wolf into a human before having your brother possess it.

That's a pretty interesting way of getting better animal companions without being that much of a nature faggot

>accidentally close tab for the survey
>now says I've already completed it
shit

A Bugbear PC using a whip for >15 foot range
Usually with levels of Assassin or Battlemaster for obnoxious surprise round damage or "pulling attack"

The meme being that a Bugbear Assassin/Battlemaster could stealth up on an enemy, whip them from 15 feet away, use a variant of Pushing Attack called Pulling Attack to yank them backwards, apply their auto-critical sneak attack + superiority die + bugbear surprise damage, instantly murder said enemy, then repeat the process on the next guy who didn't notice his friend get yanked into the shadows and murdered because it happened in a single attack and his corpse was instantly removed so it's technically a new combat and you get your surprise round and bonus damage all over again

Meme build with extreme reach. Similiar to sanic tabaxi, but actually somewhat useful.