For what reason dragon would steal a princess? What if he doesn't ask king for any ransom?

For what reason dragon would steal a princess? What if he doesn't ask king for any ransom?

He's lonely

The Dragon didn't. The Princess ran away from her home because she was sick of being a proper princess. The Dragon took her on because she was the most competent maid she's had in a while.

she makes a nice addition to his hoard

OP just wants us to post that comic where the princess gets turned into a dragon's heart in graphic detail

Couldn't the dragon just ask the gnomes to build him a clockwork automaton maid?

Good breeding?

I don't have any ulterior motives, move along adventurers

that's nxtlvl inbreeding

Nah, Cimorene was way better.

her royal magic

He just wants to eat her, for the satisfaction of destroying something widely recognized as irreplaceably valuable and beautiful, and because he's an asshole.

>What if he doesn't ask king for any ransom?
Then we can safely assume the princess is being stretched to her utmost for the dragon's pleasure.

sex

Boredom, mostly.

Dragons always treat princesses like princesses. It's not about her, really, although the conversation is nice.

To demoralize the humans and make them understand submission. What they put value in, be it gold or flesh, a dragon will take for itself. It doesn't matter how useless a princess is, a dragon will take her and hold her just to assert dominance over anyone else who might want her (such as parents, suitors, a kingdom for which she might be something of an idol). Maybe he'll accept an exorbitant ransom for magnanimously returning the girl, or maybe he'll just eventually grow bored of his prize and have a light snack once the commotion the kidnapping caused starts to die down into the dull resignation of an abused party that knows any effort to better its lot to be in vain.

Princess is the only woman in the kingdom loose enough to bear his children.

we can go deeper

Take your pick:

He just wants company.

He knows dragons are supposed to kidnap princesses, and now is rather confused as to what he should do next. Unfortunately, the Princess doesn't know either.

The dragon is a TRUE AMERICAN PATRIOT and dislikes the idea of monarchy. He has prepared several books on the evils of hereditary rule and the virtue of democracy for the princess, in the hopes that she will form a democracy or a constitutional monarchy with a strong Parliament when she ascends to the throne.

The dragon is in love with a different human, and kidnapped the most prim and proper person he/she could think of to train him/her to be a pretty girl while in human form, in order to seduce that human.

The princess is well-known for being highly skilled at chess and he wants to learn how to be better, because the other dragons make fun of him for sucking all the time.

The dragon is depressed and lonely, and is trying to commit "suicide by adventurer." The princess, being of pure heart, tries to talk him out of it.

The dragon wants offspring. Unfortunately, their father never game them the "Griffons and the Driders" talk, and they need the princess to explain how it works to them and their equally-clueless mate. Unfortunately, dragon reproduction is strange and confusing, and even the well-educated princess is having trouble figuring it out.

The princess is also a talented bard, and the dragon wanted to show off his awesome collection of vintage jazz records. The princess is quite annoyed at being kidnapped when he could have just asked, but the acoustics of his cave are really neat, so she's staying to record an album herself (the fact that the dragon is a half-decent studio drummer helps out a lot).

The dragon simply must know where the princess got those earrings, because they are absolutely divine. Unfortunately, when she told the dragon, the dragon immediately set off to procure a pair for themselves, leaving the princess alone.

I like the idea that the dragon just wants someone to talk at for a little while-maybe just a few years or something- as a diversion, but is so arrogant it would never cross its mind to kidnap anyone but a royal, and would never even consider the possibility of just asking.

>For what reason dragon would steal a princess? What if he doesn't ask king for any ransom?

>dragon kidnaps princess
>king tasks heroes to find the dragon's lair and bring the princess back
>heroes enter the lair
>they fight a bunch of bandits, sellswords and mercenaries rooting through the hoard
>after killing the scum, they still cannot find the dragon
>dragon is gone
>princess is gone

The dragon (in his human form) and the princess are in love, and have bailed on the kingdom weeks ago, hiring a boat to a far-away country where they can live together in peace.
The king believes the heroes have bailed on the mission or screwed it up and sends assassins after them.The princess feels bad for ruining their career so she gets the dragon to discreetly help the heroes.

The dragon is her real dad, and after he heard that a significant portion of the princesses quarter burned down last week, the dragon decided it's about time that he took his fatherly duties seriously, secretive agreements with the queen about keeping everything a secret be damned.

MAID: Dragon edition

That has always been my hypothesis, when the dragons aren't just explicitly instruments of evil.

>I'm too big to fit in a throne room and honestly don't care about these monkeys and their politics, but I still want to have some measure of control over them. I'll just take what's most precious to the local authorities (their youngs, and that shiny stuff they love), and then they'll pretty much have to toe the line no matter what I do.

Why did Jabba the Hutt enslave Leia and dress her up in a skimply golden bikini?
Because he could. Because he wanted others to see that he can reduce a princess and a rebel leader to a status symbol.

those sound like great premises for light novels

not so much for adventure

I understood this reference.

Noice.

Well, the prompt didn't specify that it had to be a scenario where an adventure was going to occur.

I do think that the "suicide by adventurer" idea could be fun to play in a campaign. The others, maybe not so much.

question:

how does a dragon feed a princess and how does he make sure she never catches a cold and that she's kept clean and tidy?

Is that man literally his own father

Why would a dragon keep a princess locked in a golden chastity belt?

>how does a dragon feed a princess
He roasts cows or other lifestock and gives it to princess
>sure she never catches a cold
By already preparing warm bed and clothes for her
>she's kept clean and tidy
He makes her wash herself under the waterfall

I'm sure it depends on how nice the dragon is. Considering that kidnapping a princess isn't usually a good thing the dragon is probably indifferent to her suffering.

So raw cow for dinner and cold piles of gold for a bed.

...how.

what if he keeps her chained to prevent her from escaping and potty breaks aren't allowed?

>He has prepared several books on the evils of hereditary rule and the virtue of democracy for the princess
Better yet, he kidnapped the princess to promote the sale of his books.

Newfags don't know about the Green dragon's game.

Social pressure. Since time immemorable, dragons have kidnapped princesses. Even when they're comfly awaiting birth inside their eggs, the mother would read her soon-to-be hatchlings tomes about how to kidnap princesse.
In truth, the whole tradition was made up by the Carkhantrous, the first and only yellow dragon, in order to promote his niche book series "Princess Capturing for Draconic Dummies".

The dragon is planning a ritual that calls for a sacrifice of a blue blooded maiden.

The princess is the heiress of clan of powerful wizards!
The dragon needs her to bind her lineage to an ancient draconic bloodline and unleash the ancient power of the dragon race to bring about the new age of dragons!

She doesn't really know what that entails, but it doesn't matter cause he promised her that if it worked she'd become the super-empress of all the presidents of all the world! And then her favorite captain would finally notice her and then they'd have a big wedding and her dad wouldn't be able to do anything against it!

Pretty nifty huh?

Now I need that old comic where dragons kidnap strong woman to serve as the heart of their children.

For the same reason a dragon steals gold - because someone else wants it and taking it away from people shows your superiority over them. And no, a dragon probably will not ask for ransom because ransom is trade, and trade is a sign of weakness.

is this a manga plot?

I think he just hooked up with both of his grandchildren and two of his great-grandchildren.

kinda sorta, except it's not really about regular dragons and bloodlines.

I wonder if Hutts could even appreciate the human form, it Jabba could even tell that it was "sexy"

Maybe human girls was just his particular kink that other Hutts actually found super gross

It's a rare and precious collectible.

Dragon only wants to eat virgins and princesses are more likely to be virgin because unmarried virgin royalty would be a scandal any self-respecting king would want to avoid.

Dragon wants to make her ac slave because he revels in the delicious irony of breaking a pampered princess into his wench.

Dragon has enough material wealth but still is consumed by greed and wants to steal things of sentimental value, like beloved celebrities and people's children (princess being both, of course)

Dragon wants to use princess as a tool to get at her father. Maybe he hates the king and by kidnapping and imprisoning her he can cause him anguish. Maybe he wants to use the threat of "I can eat your daughter at any minute" to force the king to do his bidding and be his pawn.

Plenty of great reasons to kidnap a princess.

Does that mean the dragon is going to be really fussy about keeping her in good emotional and physical shape?

Is he going to freak out when she falls and scrapes her ankle and insist on using his most powerful spells to fix it?

I think this is even canon but that it's still a status symbol for the other Hutts.

He islikely to keep her in a golden cage with routines of excersize and measured diet under charm compulsion if neccesary.

I feel like that would somewhat devalue the collectable. You'd want to keep it in its rough natural habitat, ideally it would stay of its own free will (or at least not try to escape often), and a charm spell would be right out as an unauthorized modification.

squats n oats and bi-weekly aerobics?

If you look at the great grandparents to grandparents he IS his own father.

Daily sun walks on elevated plateaus

What reasons would a dragon and a princess have to go adventuring together and what kind of adventures would they have?

He wants to rescue her from a nasty ogre who was going to eat her!

> Needs a maid, human-sized to reach into things and polish things
> It's got to be someone valuable, rather than just a peasant girl, so princess it is
> Princess also attracts potential rescuers, who drop valuable items on death
> HALF DRAGONS
> She can help keep the peasant girls in line, after he kidnapped THEM to tend his stolen cattle, that he's breeding as a food source.

Dragons are cishet males so of course they want to RAPE

Very fitting too, since they're worshipped by every edgy cishet boy

Not even kidding. Nearly all mythological incidents of dragon kidnappings in indo-european mythologies are basically the result of considering women property

Are dragons seeking to free strong capable women from the oppression of their patriarchal societies?

Dragons collect hoards for the same reason magpies do: attracting a mate. Females have a good nose for magic; one whiff of faerie gold or ensorcelled shininess and they're gone. That means it's gotta be cleaned by hand.

Princesses are crap at cleaning, but great at managing the small household of servants the dragon needs to maintain his hoard's impressiveness. So long as princesses do a good job of keeping the place running smoothly and NOTHING BEING STOLEN IF ONE COIN DISAPPEARS I WILL BURN YOU ALL they tend to develop close relations with the dragon, even becoming surrogate daughter figures (but don't ask for a dowry).

Having no further need for gold, mated dragons are often as generous as their bachelors are miserly. Their own children are expected to earn their own hoards, as they did, but such custom does not apply to the princesses they'd grown fond of over the centuries, so they and/or their descendants quite often happen into great, if mysteriously provenanced, wealth.

No, these were stories conceived by illiterate retards.

In slavic mythology, for example, Veles kidnaps Perun's wife for the same reason he steals his cattle and money

Princess wants to explore the world and needs a good mode of transportation and a bodyguard, of which a Dragon functioning great at both. Dragon wants a cute girl dry humping his back as she rides him around and any treasure they find along the way (Princess doesn't care about treasure, she's already rich anyway, so Dragon gets it)

The dragon is young, and mistook the word "hoard" for "horde," and has to start somewhere.

Dragon likes to play matchmaker, he hears about beautiful princess, longing for adventure, so he kidnaps her. Then he is mean but not cruel to her so that she breaks from being haughty & bossy & more open to things. Then the dragon kills any adventurer who is too old or ugly or just a dick personality who tries to resue her. When an appropriatly dashing knight come through the dragon fakes its death & watches as they fall in love & spend the rest of thier lives together. Perhaps even letting the new couple "steal" an egg to raise, knowing that the wyrmling will be raised by good people & become trusted in human lands.

Does everything have to be sexual

Seriously

Yes

I do to, but I've forgotten the source. Any chance you could tell me the name?

The dragon shared a cave complex with a few other dragons, but they mostly kept to themselves.
There was a petrified dude who was cursed by a magic bucket, and the cure was well water?
And also a sword that leaked a magic forest, and you had to pick the forest back up after using it?
Also there was a djinn that had *almost* been sealed long enough to kill people, and it was upset that it had to grant wishes instead?

Anyone remember that old thread where princesses swallowed shrunken dragons to lose weight (like the old tapeworm egg method) and have emergency breath weapons on hand?

The Enchanted Forest Series.
Dealing With Dragons is the first book.

It's a pretty good example of how twisted fairy tales should work. All the main characters are blessed with the rarest quality in fairy tale land: Common Sense.

The dragon's parents keep nagging him about the tradition, so he kidnaps a princess every few years to get them off his back. The princesses usually escape, since he doesn't actually care about keeping them.

>the dragon's true goal is to breed generations of half-dragons, three-quarter-dragons, seven-eighths-dragons and so on until through massive levels of selective inbreeding he creates a specimen that's literally himself but a girl

Orion.

It's a chinaboo's science-fantasy manga.
There's no dragons, it's about cheating gods and messing with fate/karma.
But that's a pretty good summary of the villain-protagonist's mindset and motives.

CK2 is a hell of a drug.

>The dragon is a TRUE AMERICAN PATRIOT and dislikes the idea of monarchy. He has prepared several books on the evils of hereditary rule and the virtue of democracy for the princess, in the hopes that she will form a democracy or a constitutional monarchy with a strong Parliament when she ascends to the throne.
I love this one, and I may use it.

From whom will she catch a cold if no other humans are around?

My favorite reason is that Dragons need pretty lady hair in their nest to properly hatch their eggs.

he's bored and needs something to do, so he finds himself a pet.

name
>boeboh-ryli

For a friend

Why a maid?

I don't get it.

Isn't it obvious? The dragon are trying to build positive relations with the humans and the way to do that is breeding with their women

>kidnapping a princess without setting up an adorable little open fronted playcastle for her to live in

I too read Dealing with Dragons. It helped me become the gay that I am today.

Panopticon meets dollhouses. I dig.

I thought it was p. good. Parents read it to me about the same time they read The Hobbit. They go pretty well together.

This comic never fails to give me odd boners.

Anyway, kidnapping a princess is like an addiction. Kidnap, adventurers come, you pretend to rough them up a little, play dead. Then the adventurer's leave and you get to hear stories about how big and awesome you are later. You go from town to town, just kidnapping princesses so the bards can unknowingly feed your massive, scaly ego.

This, the dragon will take whatever you like/love/appreciate to prove a point about it's own power, if you don't have gold or a princess it will take that blanket you really like and your leftovers from the fridge.

>adventurers approach the dragon's lair
>he emerges, in a powdered wig, to accuse their liege the king of taxation without representation
>threatens you by saying jet fuel can't melt steel beams but dragonfire can
>he's forced to retreat before the party's attack, revealing the lair is mostly empty save for copy's of the dragon's book
>the dragon defensively says the real treasure is freedom

Bob OReilly, I think.

The dragon has dyslexia and misread his contract to steal something priceless as to steal something princess.

There ARE dragons though

I preferred the version where she was just drunk at the time.

Dragons just like to have things

>She can help keep the peasant girls in line, after he kidnapped THEM to tend his stolen cattle, that he's breeding as a food source.
This is going to lead to the Dragon just kidnapping the entire kingdom, isn't it?

Dragons kidnap princessess for the same reason some people collect figurines: hot glue.

Reason for relationship failure
>Dragon ate human
>Human ate dragon

My sides

>>Human ate dragon
One has to wonder how she accomplishes this

Well, if Dungeon Meshi is anything to go by...