Why is BCH not #1

I'll preface this by saying I hold 0 bitcoin cash, and 0 bitcoins. I'm a filthy altcoiner. Mostly in Cardano(ADA).

But why isn't cash overtaking core? It's a flat out upgrade. Faster and lower transactions. Explain this to me.

Other urls found in this thread:

nm.reddit.com/r/btc/comments/7k6s00/because_bitcoin_cash_is_effectively_bitcoin_rap/
gpushack.com/pages/bitcoin-payments
cointelegraph.com/news/steam-stops-accepting-bitcoin-payments-citing-extreme-volatility-fees
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greater_fool_theory
bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
medium.com/@CobraBitcoin/thoughts-on-bitcoin-as-a-settlement-layer-c40cc1415815
en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Script
forensics.cs.umass.edu/graphene/graphene-short.pdf
lists.linuxfoundation.org/pipermail/bitcoin-ml/2017-November/000472.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

it will take some time for the market to adept to better technology

Core has armies and cults of people protecting it now, as well as the 'brand name'.

It's the most well established, so for new investors/normies it's the 'best' option.

This will slowly change over time, but it'll probably take everything else down with it.

its not going to happen overnight. normies are buying the fuck out of btc segwit rn while whales are slowly accumulating, i can promise you this

But... If all goes down with it, will BCH also go down with it? Why are no major exchanges listing BCH as a trading pair?

What is this conspiracy. The more I read about it, BCH is just superior. Wtf.

Unfortunately, I think so. The best case is BCH winning out, but only gaining 30 - 50% of BTCs value. If BTC were to crash normie confidence in crypto would be destroyed, this is bad for any coin.

but its also healthy and needed. just fucking hodl and you'll be fine. did u remember the 2013 bitcoin craze? then it died down A LOT

btc crashes all the time, and goes back up equally as hard and fast.

Segwit was a hostile takeover of the digital asset known as bitcoin. It'll take months for the market to adjust. Many of the people who adopted bitcoin early on already realize this, however nu-coiners who are just now entering and chasing profits don't understand the political environment.

I want the normies out tho

Why isn't Bitcoin Gold? Why isn't litecoin? Why isn't ARK? Why isn't Ethereum? Why isn't Vertcoin? They all have lower transaction fees. Omg, different features. Surely bitcoin is dead.

Except no. They don't have the same level of security, track record, decentralization, developers, ecosystem.

The only reason you are even comparing Bitcoin Cash to Bitcoin is because it is using brand confusion and hyper-aggressive marketing to confuse people. Newcoiners are downloading the bitcoin.com wallet and losing their money because Roger and his sockpuppets intentionally try to confuse the brand.

It's one of many scams in the crypto space. It may go on for a while because the fees are too high right now on the bitcoin network but when lightning network comes out its only unique selling point will no longer be a valid concern.

curious. Was it just like this? Surely not.

I thought lightning was out? Saw some article a few days (a week?) back.

>but when lightning network comes out
18 months and counting.

it was all over the news too but not as many people buying it as there are now i think because mt.gox. thats why a crash is needed to get the weak hands out

>Unfortunately

That's good though. Bitcoin is shit and Bitcoin Cash is a bandaid solution to try and 'fix' a coin as shitty as Bitcoin

Let something better take over

Yeah true. I think it needs to happen.

>BTC and BCH
>decentralization

Good joke

lighting is already out u fucking retard

>Faster and lower transactions

There are thousands of altcoins that do this already

If the planned upgrades fail to fix the fee issue, Core could hardfork and have all the same features as Cash and then some. I mean it could literally happen within a week if there was consensus for it. In short Cash like to get btfo regardless of what happens

core would look so fucking stupid if they did that

>Except no. They don't have the same level of security, track record, decentralization, developers, ecosystem.
Except Bitcoin Cash has all those things you mentioned.

Because it's a scam coin created by eBay scammer Roger Ver and chicom agent Jihad Wu

>but when lightning network comes out its only unique selling point will no longer be a valid concern.
Hey mr Sidechain, do you trust your bank or some random whales. Then go and buy my fucking buttcoins

>LN
>good

You don't understand why people are dropping Segwit coin.

Core has blown it. No matter what they do businesses will prefer BCH. The centralized core devs have show themselves incompetent and unwilling to perform basic upgrades necessary to keep their coin functional.

Bitcoin Cash is effectively BitCoin - CNBC tells Coin Base President

nm.reddit.com/r/btc/comments/7k6s00/because_bitcoin_cash_is_effectively_bitcoin_rap/

gold

The man behind Bitcoin Cash does NOT have a technology background, in fact it is much darker than what you usually see in finance.

>Ver created BCH

At least post the real one

bcash tards are fucking hilarious

Gas yourself corecuck.

Another merchants drops Bitcoin - picking up speed and all coming over to BCH

Bitcoin Payments
On the topic of Bitcoin Posted December 16th, 2017 gpuShack accepted Bitcoin as a form of payment ever since we began operations on December 16th, 2014. Today,

gpushack.com/pages/bitcoin-payments

That's pretty big. It was one thing when Bitmain stopped accepting BTC for BCH, but this is something else.

Not as big as Steam dropping it.

cointelegraph.com/news/steam-stops-accepting-bitcoin-payments-citing-extreme-volatility-fees

Yeah but the problem with Steam is they aren't looking to alternatives, they are outright dropping crypto for the time being.

It's all about trust.
It's not overtaking because it's been in business for ten minutes and is run by untrustworthy crooks who tried to hijack the brand-name and all of the customers.
Bitcoin has been in business eight years and is now TRUSTED.

Trust is worthless if it has no utility. Also Blockstream and LN is doing everything its power to destroy trust on the network.

we dont really care about overtaking it so much its more about replacing bitcoin since its no longer a currency or a store of value, bitcoin can exist however its holders want it too

You realize that a huge reason why cryptocurrencies work is that they are trustless, right?

If people switched to bcash bitcoin would be useable again.

No dude Bitcoin Cash will win because they can scale, and Bitcoin core is stuck with small blocks forever because miners won’t agree to the increase. That’s why cash hardforked in the first place.
The writing is on the wall, buy BCH or regret it.

Decentralization is the ENTIRE POINT of crypto.

bcash does not provide this. bcash is a centralized coin.

Even if bitcoin cash has slightly better tech than core, there are far more better coins out there. So if bitcoin gets dethroned then why would a coin that's only marginally better take its place

its the only other coin that uses the SHA256 mining algorithm that is superior to all others coins

BCH has a team of 40+ PHD scientists working on scaling and other issues full time, thanks to Satoshis coins (being able to pay salary).

That whole post is backwards. The entire point of bitcoin is that it's trustless. You don't need to trust your money to any central authority. LN pisses all over that.

It's just sad. Commercial adoption is actually dropping because of how unusable bitcoin has become. This should be a massive wake up call.

>Satoshis coins (being able to pay salary)
This is pure dogshit. I like BCH but there is no evidence of this at all.

Yeah so superior because one single line of code is changed from 1mb to 8mb

>he thinks peole buy crypto to actually use it as intended

you fucking idiot, the only people who buy crypto do it because they expect MUH M00N MISSI0NZ and they think it's an easy way to get money.

The fact hat bitcoin, the outdated dinosaur of the crypto world, is still in first place is all the proof you need of this. Why is a bitcoin worth 20k USD? Why do people want it? To transact with it? Lol no, they just expect to be able to sell it to some dumb fuck later on for 25k. It's a giant circlejerk bubble that is due to colapse any day now, and I can't wait for that day

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greater_fool_theory

fedora, the post

ITT deluded cashies shilling their bags; some of these fucks bought at least as high as 0.25 and they're panicking at 0.09; that's why the shilling is so intense today. Just remember pic related.

>this faggot has posted this image in 3 threads replying to bitcoin cash

>he doesn't like the taste of reality

Big blocks don't scale so BCH isn't viable long term. Offchain transactions is the only scalable solution. Cashies have no response to this so they resort to ad hominems

>Big blocks don't scale
Except they do. How's that Segwit scaling for you plebs? Wasn't LN suppose to come out a couple years ago?

A 1GB block every 10 minutes scale fills a 1TB drive in 1 week. Is that your idea of scalability?

fukken saved!

also, trips of truth!

Name makes it sound like a fake knockoff. "Cash" in your name is a guaranteed way to sound grotty and scammy.

>"Cash" in your name is a guaranteed way to sound grotty and scammy
So is “coin”

It's from the title of the bitcoin whitepaper: A Peer-to-Peer Electronic Cash System

bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf

I suggest you read it sometime.

>we need blocks 1000 times bigger
Jesus dude, my tax spreadsheet is going to take like 10 floppy disks, how the fuck am I going to get this thing down to the print shop without spending an hour swapping disks?

>fills a 1TB drive in 1 week
Good thing we'll be using drives measured in PB by then. I think 1000 weeks is plenty of time to figure out a further scaling solution.

>ackchually it's in the white paper title

I don't give a fuck about that shit. Taking an existing name and sticking "cash" on the end 100% makes you sound like a scam. If they'd called it Bitcash maybe it would have been alright, but no they wanted to ride on the coattails of the bitcoin name.

NEWCOINERS ARE SO FUCKING RETARDED GAHHH

Hi I'm gonna drop $100,000 on 5 units of a technology I DON'T REMOTELY COMPREHEND. And no, I'm not even going to fucking try.

Have some patience OP.

>I don't give a shit about the original whitepaper

Yeah I already gathered that from your posts.

>2017
>bitcoin requires 1GB blocks to scale current network

>ride on the coattails
It is bitcoin. It was called bitcoin for 8 years before being called bitcoin cash. Why doesn't it deserve the name? Segwit was the major change. If you knew anything about the bitcoin protocol you would realize that bitcoin cash is literally the bitcoin protocol. Segwit is a new protocol.

>create something new
>keep the name from when it was different
>the version that stayed the same doesn't deserve to keep the same name
You didn't think this through.

>Bitcoin is a decentralized currency
>Needs a data-center to run a full node
>Chinese miners own 80% of the hashrate

Core is bad enough, no need for making things work

In other words, BCH is built on promises of cheap future technology. Any chance this might not pan out, especially in certain corner of the world.
Also, this shows BCH's 'tech upgrade' is nothing but a prayer for better hardware and bandwidth in the future.

>3 threads about bcash
>zero valid arguments for bcash
Wow, it's almost like there are "people" rapidly posting threads about the same topic spouting the same opinions repeatedly in order to influence public opinion for their personal gain

>current
>what does scalable mean

>It's a flat out upgrade.

Adding a coefficient to a number in a line of code is not an upgrade. Contentious hard forks are not upgrades. Combining several failed development teams is not an upgrade. Dragonslayer memes are not an upgrade. All the propaganda was just created to steal more real bitcoin from idiots.

>segwit sure has solved the problem :^)

He was thrown in jail for advocating libertarian ideas and the Feds didn't like it.

The "explosives" were Pest Control Report 2000 he sold on eBay. It was an agricultural firecracker meant to kill pests in the fields.
Everyone sold it on eBay, but the Feds went after Roger because he was speaking libertarian views publicly.

Reminder that even Cobra, the guy who once advocated changing the original whitepaper, has changed stance on big blocks.

medium.com/@CobraBitcoin/thoughts-on-bitcoin-as-a-settlement-layer-c40cc1415815

You pinheads know zero about marketing. Which coin "deserves" to be called what isn't the point. It's about what sells on a mass scale and "Bitcoin Cash" is an auto-lose name.

Don't talk about marketing when Core is losing commercial adoption all over the internet because it's so shit.

Marketing can only do so much if you literally zero utility. I mean the Pet Rock sold for a bit, but eventually everyone realized it was just a meme.

The elite already took over Bitcoin. Nerds don't have a spine, and let Blockstream control the development. Bitcoin Cash sounds like an altcoin, so will probably fail. A bunch of spinoffs are happening to confuse the public and make Bitcoin Core seem superior (bullshit like Bitcoin Gold). I would say the battle was lost, and Bitcoin is finished.

Exactly, no idea why BTC decided against this and instead opted for centralized offchain solutions that play directly into the bankers favor.

Really makes you think, huh? You fucking retard.

>big blocks don't scale
Except they demonstrably and instantly do.

Or we know so much about marketing that we can see completely through the corecuck propaganda, hmmm....

Core is 100% marketing. I know all about marketing. I also know all about cryptography!

Guess what bitcoin is? A cryptographic currency. Plebs think crypto means "secret" FFS.

For anyone reading this shit thread who might be falling for corecuck propaganda, here's what just one team (there are multiple independent teams) of BCH devs have planned:

>Planned protocol upgrades every six months – on the 15ths of May and November.
>Increase the network capacity, ideally by decreasing the inter-block time to 1 min, 2 min, or 2.5 min to improve the user experience, focusing on faster and smaller blocks
>Re-enable op-codes that were disabled soon after launch in 2009. These will permit representative tokens, binary contracts, and other advanced features.
These would be similar to ETH's smart contracts. More here: en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Script
>Implement a new Bitcoin Cash address format, to make it difficult for BTC to accidentally be sent to BCH wallets, and vice versa
>Evaluate the use of Bobtail to reduce inter-block time variance, increase double-spend resistance, improve the DDA
>Improve block relay, potentially by integrating Graphene
More about Graphene here: forensics.cs.umass.edu/graphene/graphene-short.pdf

>Implement a new Bitcoin Cash address
How will this fork my current Bitcoin Cash? Makes me nervous.

Bitcoin = Wii
Bitcoin Cash = Wii U

The great thing about Bcash is that if you follow any pro BTC argument, it's always BTFO by cashies, and the inverse of this statement is not true.

Statement from the guy who proposed it here:
lists.linuxfoundation.org/pipermail/bitcoin-ml/2017-November/000472.html

The great thing about people posting on Veeky Forums is that since nobody gives away money for free, anyone telling you to buy is actually telling you to buy their bags

Stop calling segwit BTC. It's not. If Bitcoin Cash doesn't deserve to be called BTC, Bitcoin Segwit doesn't either.

>libertarians telling other people what they are allowed to call their coin

Wii U is great and it’s backwards compatible with Wii

you would be right, except we're not selling. I've got some leftover Bitcoin Segwit to sell you for 20k though. that is a steal, itll be 100k by christmas.

Monero = Switch

Thanks, but I'm still a little confused as to what I should do on my end. I have my BCH on paper. How will I get them on updated addresses?

>offering to sell BTC above market
I'll pay the going rate for it, thanks. I'll probably be buying your sales anyway, since I'm pyramiding up on the way to 100k.

FUCK YOUR MOTHER IF YOU WANT FUCK, SATAN

>libertarians can't co-operate
He's on my side. We're strategizing, numbskull. As a libertarian I expect others to follow themselves.

>implying I gather all of my info from Veeky Forums shitposts

And no, some people here actually care about the merits of greater tech, myself included. I hold 0 of either.

Yeah, stop doing this: . Also nice trips, Satan. It's petty and fucking gay as hell. Segwit is BTC until the real flippening occurs. You're delusional if you think anything else.