So Cadia is kill

What does Veeky Forums think about it and more specifically, what are your theories for what happens next?
Something else on Abby's shopping list? Should we expect Eldar dick moves?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Ylyqoxh-cXk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Isn't the whole reason the Cadian gate exists due to the pylons and by extension the planet? It seems like the plan would just close off the Cadian gate and with it the only easy route out of the eye of terror.

It is like blowing up the Panama canal and sealing it off when you are fighting a war entirely to be able to move ships easily between the Pacific and Atlantic oceans.

Could someone make a version of that with Haters Gonna Hate Trazyn strolling away from it?

Didn't he basically help save the day by pokeballing in a lot of people against Abaddon?

He also caught a wild Creed, I imagine a lot of Cadians might be pissed off.
Isn't he also directly the reason it blew up?

That's one theory but I thought now the warp could spill over more easily into realspace.

I think that was a techpriest sticking an appendage in a sexy unknown piece of pylon tech? But I still need to get my hands on the actual book.

>caught a wild Creed
kek

I mean the eye of terror would consume the Cadian gate which would include a large number of worlds but it would also pretty much prevent any future black crusade as they would be unable to concentrate their forces until they had exited the Eye of Terror.

Yarrick is going to fist fight Abaddon.

Ciaphus Cain actually was just missing in action.

Commissar Lord Bern will show up and just be himself.

Someone's going to tell the Admech that there's that one mega STC in the middle of Abaddon's fleet.

The Blood Ravens will thaw the Emperor out of their freezer.

Malal will do the fusion dance with Ynnead.

I've already seen that image in a prior thread, but I don't have it.

They've retconned the crusades into being about blowing up various pylon arrays which were preventing the growth of the eye, with the cadian pylons as the final key.

Now the fluff about the cadian gate being the only stable route out makes no sense, because it should mean that theoretically there should be several "cadian gate" esque regions of space around the eye.

I dunno. It's pretty obvious what they're doing with gathering storm. Hopefully they don't follow The End Times all the way to its terrible conclusion.

>What are your theories for what happens next?
They're going to stick a Halo Device on the Emperor.

Galactic massacre ensues.

>Hopefully they don't follow The End Times all the way to its terrible conclusion
What terrible conclusion? The warp consumes everything and everyone dies?

>Someone's going to tell the Admech that there's that one mega STC in the middle of Abaddon's fleet.

Funnily enough the AdMech are preparing one of the biggest gatherings of Skitarii and Cybernetica that's ever been seen in order to make an assault on a Daemon World which, if I recall correctly, was in the Eye.

More or less. "LOL chaos wins gg ez nothin u scrubs can do" is pretty much the easiest way to piss everyone but a small subset of the existing playerbase off.

I'm pretty sure they're not going to do that and instead just shake things up into a new status quo, but it's hard not to be a bit uneasy with the pattern.

So basically 40k is over?

I think it was in the Maelstorm which is the second largest warp storm after the eye of terror

I suppose one thing to counter that is that each race in 40K (except possibly the Tau but who cares about them) has an "end-game" style scenario which would see them achieve massive power. Imperium finds STC, Orks unite, Necrons all wake up, bulk of Nid fleets arrive, Eldar wake up their death god and so forth. These could all challenge Chaos for supremacy of the galaxy, meaning that the finale of the Gathering Stom could be the entire galaxy being engulfed in a gigantic war far larger than anything seen previously.

They wouldn't need to. They could just wait for the Eye to grow until it engulfs Terra.

Maybe Tau endgame is that they throw off the Ethereals and somehow become stronger for it?
I dunno, that might just be bullshit, I don't know what I'm talking about.

The Tau endgame is them playing the diplo game that nobody else in 40k even understands to play off all the rest against each other and emerge the last one standing after everyone else is shattered beyond repair.

I think we're going to see a new focus on the Webway as the simple explanation for how all the factions can encounter one another.

If Cadia being destroyed has eliminated the Cadian Gate - a secure route both in AND OUT of the Eye, Chaos forces are potentially suffering even more incoherence (let's invade this world *sets sail* *arrives far in the past, at the wrong planet, etc*) which would mean the stable warp-transit system of the webway is now of much greater interest to everyone - and the fluff thus far suggests it exists even without maintainance from the Eldar or Dark Eldar, so every faction could, with a warp gate being secured, launch forays into it.

>I suppose one thing to counter that is that each race has an "end-game"
Not much of a counter, since fantasy had those too.

All hail the coming Demon Emperor of the Tau!

Abominable Intelligence is the endgame.

> The Tau endgame is unifying under Commander Gundam.

I'm okay with this.

Continued: I reckon GW is trying (not unfairly) to create some big changes to the 'setting' of 40k but the overall situation to remain as it always has "time of ending" "one minute to midnight" "your games are part of the decision era, the schwerepunkt, of this galaxy".

So we have (if I read the death of Cadia right) a smaller Eye of Terror, but more randomly dangerous Chaos forces, a less-secure-feeling Imperium (although it remains the status quo ante situation of predominant power, I think GW wants to inject a bit more alert desperation into the Imperial meta-narrative), if the webway idea is correct, a new (and no longer geographically bound) way to throw whoever they want at each other.

So does this mean that gee dubs are actually progressing the story?

Also what the fuck do DE have to do with this? Are they out to troll like they did to the tau? Or do you reckon there is an actual motive behind their actions?

new imperial guard incoming.

Legion of the Damned Cadian Guardsmen when?

Admech have a deal with them to fix the Golden Throne.

I think a sudden upswing in Tau fortunes may be indicated, to give them a more galactic reach.

They did? Huh, never knew. But did they have a plan to shut down the Polar Gates and stop the inevitable spread of Chaos?

they had that too, yeah

GW is probably just trying to capitalize on the same sort of interest the initial nagash book created, but it's definitely a dangerous balancing act.

Fuckin kek, really? I hope they don't let urien anywhere near the big E

He'll probs turn him into some gargantuan grotesque

> Abaddon is above Terra, ready for the last battle
> The primarchs have all returned, for one last meeting
> Suddenly everything stop as the Tau have achieved cultural victory

>The Emprahsque is born.

40keks/10
I don't even like the Blueberries, and I still think that sounds like the best possible ending.

Also
>Abbygail throws his remaining troops And bombs at the Tau before ragequitting.

Ok, I laughed. That was pretty great.

>Eldar wake up their death god
Sadly already attempted and fucked up. Now every Infinity circuit is empty, their souls irrecoverably lost.

In part 2 of their duel, Celestine cuts off Abby's arms.

In my case I'm very OK with this.

Farsight is more into equality than the Tau Empire itself.

I'll tell you this. His Greater Good > Vanilla Greater Good.

Man when did this happen?

Keeping track of all the shit that's changing is annoying. Can't there be a single consolidated source?

It helps that he genuinely just wants to save his people while the vanilla Greater Good literally doesn't fucking mean anything and is just a buzzword.

The Death Masque.

AKA: Eldrad steals all the souls from all Infinity Circuits to accelerate Ynnead's growth. Deathwatch waltz in and disrupt the ritual. Eldar are now barren as a faction. All links to the past completely lost.

And that's why he's the best Tau.

It's also a wonder why the Fire Caste still is around with the Tau Empire. Especially after Aun'Va got Culexus'd.

I love that he's a literal anime character. Like, people joke about the Tau and gundams, but he's the one that actually fucking reads like a character from one.

Plus he has a team of pilots with their own unique backstories. Commander Gundam is best Tau.

Wtf why?

You would think if Eldred could tell the future he would forsee that

you would think

Gay.

Well at first he wasn't 40K's Char Aznable, yet much more heroic.

At first when the Tau were introduced, he was a grimmer and more realistic individual seeing that his race's naivety would be their undoing.

Then later editions came, Tau turned from noblebright to Orwell's 1984. Farsight went from grim realist to the heroic anime hero we have currently.

AND I ACTUALLY LIKE IT THIS WAY.

I blame bad writing here. I'm more into Space Marines, but DEAR EMPEROR I actually feel sorry for the Space Pixie Fairies.

This part should be retconned ASAP.

>Space Marines disrupt the ritual.
>Space Marine souls take the place of the Eldar souls.
>Ynnead awakens regardless.
>Eldrad cheers at his race's success.
>The newly formed God shouts "For the Emperor!"

Talk about the OH CRAP that would come with this.

But sadly it is completely different...

>Now the fluff about the cadian gate being the only stable route out makes no sense

Wasn't the fluff that the region was the largest and most stable, and that there were other, smaller more dangerous routes that you could get small ships through(thus the raiding bands and the like), but not a full on invasion force?

No my friend. Ynnead did fail.

He left immediately for the warp and is purging in the Emperor's name.

I think that we'll have a hard time explaining how the Ciaphas Cain novels fit.

Wait, I'm all fucked up with the chronology of this mess.

What was Cain's involvement in this?

Was in retirement, splinter fleet of Abby's 13th crusade played a visit to his planet. Said splinter fleet was lead by psychic werewolf space Hitler.

So what you're saying is that we can expect more Cain Novels?

No sense banging a square peg into a round hole, man. The cain books are based in 40k as it was pre-5th edition.

>AND I ACTUALLY LIKE IT THIS WAY.
Honestly, I would have preferred the opposite, I'm sick and tired of the providential man archetype and of the "councils are always evil" trope. Farsight should have been the naive one who overestimated his own wisdom while the ethereals go full greater good.

Then you could have Farsight being offered to be tau Horus so he can refuse and die gloriously remaining true to his ideals to the end, saving the tau from suffering the same fate than eldar and humans... at least for now.

>That spoiler

I like it.

Was his sword made by the Old Ones, C'tan, something else, or do we not know?

Way to subvert the easy writing trope, user.

I'd be down for any of these.

Hopefully a Cain vs Eldar book.

Please?

To be fair, you could do that anyway.

I could even see him making a little speech on the pride of the Old ones, the necrons, the eldars, the humans and the emperor and all.
> "I won't make the same mistake: I refuse your so-called destiny. I will not have the pretension of taking the fate of the people of the galaxy in my sole hands. And I will not stand above them, but with them!"
Hum, I still need work on writing I guess. It sounds pretentious.

At least much better than what GW did most of the time.

No they weren't lost
Ynnead opened an eye let out a fart and went back to sleep

> Commissar Lord Bern is soloing an chaos corrupted Avatar of Khaine atop a mountain of Ork corpses made by Yarrick who is currently pointing at Abaddon and screaming in holy slurs how he's going to purify the galaxy of the taint that is him.
> Ciaphus Cain is calling in chrono-laser bullshit airstrikes from the full power Admech against chaos undivided Daemon Princes.
> The Eldar souls went to Malal who now manifests on the battlefield, only to be singles out for a 1v1 with the Emperor, now freed of from his "visit" with the Blood Ravens.
> The battle is narrated through Sabaton songs.

>Commisar Lord Bern is soloing a chaos corrupted Avatar of Khaine.

youtu.be/Ylyqoxh-cXk

My problem is less about the specifics than it is about the near certainty that any major setting development will result in a derpfest made of pure cringe. We're already seeing clumsy plots and unnecessary retcons. The chances of the current GW dev writers not completely shitting the bed with this are slim to none.

Sandy Mitchel dropped off the face of the earth. No idea why he's not writing anymore. I rather liked his other series based on a Dark Heresy group.

The Cain books commonly cite works written in M42, often more than 100 years after the turn of the century. Furthermore Cain fights in the 13th Black Crusade on Perlia when Psychic Hitler shows up, but he is said to have died peacefully some time afterwards and was buried with full military honours (though he's still listed as on active service because the Administratum wrote him off for dead so many times, and he kept coming back, that they ended up putting a clause on his file that he's always to be listed as on active duty regardless of any information to the contrary).

So what we can gather from this is that somehow Cain made it off planet before it broke?

That seems very in character, actually.

Cain wasn't on Cadia. He was on Perlia, the same planet he liberated from Orks early in his career.

That being said, Cain escaping from an exploding Cadia would indeed be very much in character.

This the one you're thinking of?

Fuck Eldrad and fuck the Eldar. I'm glad they got fucked. That ritual would have doomed all of humanity and 99% of the Eldar race. Eldrad was lying to everyone and was going to backstab the living fuck out of even his own race, as acceptable losses to get rid of Slaanesh and summon Ynnead.

Considering the Black Crusade is going out into the Galaxy at large I'm hoping to see a big confrontation between the legions and Sautekh Dynasty

Word Bearers taking out perimeter worlds and ending up in a massive shit goes down war against the Necrons and ultimately causing the downfall of the crusade like Germany entering a war on two fronts against Russia.

He did a series based on Dark Heresy?

It's in the Dark Eldar's best interest to stop Chaos.

Yes, there have seemingly always been other ways out since Abaddon didn't have to go through Cadia for every single one of his Crusades.

I can dig that. The Word Bearers (a Dark Apostle and a captain, specifically) face off against the Necrons in the end of the firdt book of the WB series.

They get rekt.

Perhaps GW wants to shatter the setting but they want to do it less sudden and brutal than Age of Sigmar on Warhammer Fantasy.

What was this information about Cadia from?

Word bearers deserve getting fucking felt for starting the whole shit in the first place.

*rekt , phone, rekt

this nigga ain't got no neck

Wow, it's almost like those who abandon the Emperor's light for the Tau are spineless.

For the love of all that's good in the Imperium this must be read in Commissar Lord Bernn's voice.

Top tier Bantz

Commissar Bantz for the next Dawn of War when?

>filename
Top kek

End times and AOS 40k edition incomming

Except you just made that up. Ynnead formed into a shard and the ritual never reached the point of draining ICs, hence why we just had an event where wraith units were depicted.

Nah. We know that Abbadon's one spineless now.

So are their infinity circuits still full of souls being all relieved that they weren't sucked into yet another chaos God?

As I understand the new plan is not to move Chasos fleet out of the Cadian gate as one force (kind of the only way to do it) but to bleed out the Eye so it elarges and it's borders become blured so the fleet could be pulled out everywhere. The problem is Abby also have to blow up another (smaller) pylon system on the Shield Worlds for it to work.

>what are your theories for what happens next?

Here's hoping 40k get's the AOS treatment and we finally get a huge reset with a wave of free rules and codex's simultaneously released without ludicrous power creep.

Fingers crossed. It might be a bumpy start but if GW pays attention again to which homebrew fixes get adopted by the community and makes the 40k equivelant of the AOS Generals Handbook we could be onto something good

I dearly hope so.

Regards, Ork player