/hhg/ - Horus Heresy General MkXXI

Artistic Pursuit Edition
Continuation of Previous Thread Sub-Edition

"Last thread we focused a lot on actual minis, games and lists. An user had an interesting narrative battle report and the discord made a reappearance. It was rather nice, as can be seen here "

XXIst thread, 'ere we go.

>HHG
pastebin.com/iUqNrrA8
Official HH 7th Edition Errata (Updated January 2016)
forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Horus_Heresy/Horus_Heresy_7th_Edition.pdf
>30k TACTICA & TIPS
What to include in a HH list, how to format it, what makes each legion special (crunch), tactics, Tutorials for Heresy-era minis and more
pastebin.com/Tm2P4QLp
>HH Books, Novels and Rulebooks galore
pastebin.com/k9uvqsub
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmega.nz%2F%23F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyC
>Updated rulebooks
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2Ffz1OuHK%2Fcrusade-imperialis-army-lists.pdf.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2FZTK72gs%2Flegiones-astartes-age-of-darkness-army-list.pdf.html
>/HHG/'s Legion demographics
strawpoll.me/10558764
>Primarch Popularity Poll
strawpoll.me/11458318

>Make your unit entries
mediafire.com/file/q315zmyjntb4j04/LA Exploitable v1.pdf

>BoP's Paint guide
imgur.com/a/aBKJE

>HH Discord
discord.gg/wYS2J6b

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/hwAZXPiC
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Shameless first post for proxy Lightning Primaris and converted Palatine Blades. All BA iconography has been removed, with some difficulty, leaving suitably ornate armor and wings befitting the Third Legion. Still thinking about what helmets I want to give them.

>XXIst thread
>No obvious legion to meme about
C+C etc etc

Effects
Destroyers become Troops choices and must be taken as the two compulsory troops choices
Any model that can take a Rhino may take a Land Raider Proteus as a dedicated transport
Any two units that charge the same unit within one player turn get +1 attack
Any character with the Legiones Astartes (Dark Angels) special rule can take Phosphex Grenades for 15pts
Restrictions
May not take more than one consul other than Moritats
At least one Heavy Support slot must be taken by a unit with the Tank type
Only one fast attack slot allowed

Do any of those Palatines have the Aquila on their chests?

Because that always disappoints be about EC Armies, is forgetting the Palatine Aquila.

>why are red butchers BS2?
>because they're wearing cataractii terminator armour

Not yet, but I've also run out of aquila bits (for now). I've been enjoying putting aquilas and wings on my boys to give them extra oomph, even though they're mostly BaC generics.

Reminder
>The /HHG/ Discord is starting a Podcast! >We're looking for speakers with wide interests and some measure of social ability that can hold a conversation without umming and ahing once a sentence.
>Do YOU think you can be a speaker, if so send us an audition! Is there something else you could offer to the glorious Emperor's podcast, editing, research, hot juicy topics? Let us know here in the Podcast_Development channel!
>Need your name given a chapter appropriate colour? Simply message @Haugesen with your preference!
1 week and 6 days until auditions close and we then try to make it actually happen
Would Saturday be good for most people, of course the actual time will be a compromise to have as many people as possible on.

>tfw too tl;dr to get feedback

pastebin.com/hwAZXPiC

Does anyone know the Castellax's base size? Thinking about converting some.

Also obligatory reminder the title is a mistake, forgot to cut it out. Also psychic-pulses aren't represented as they should be since pastebin doesn't have italics among other things.

Any players with Knights Errant experience? Been looking into them to add to post Isstvan IH/shattered legions army. If think about a Libby Knight/Rubio but powers could be unreliable, so leaning towards Garro.

Dreadnought-size base.

You could add three + on each side of psychic conversation, some BL novels did that too

>All BA iconography has been removed
>Giant fucking angels wings
I like Sanguinary Guard barrel chests for Palatine Blades but the angel wings are too BA IMO

Give me a couple of minutes for feedback, just got from work and having a meal.

Different strokes for different folks. EC aesthetic is aquilas and wings, and I feel like they're appropriately flashy

Make sure the wings are gold.

Should have given them eagle head helmets and turn the whole dude into a golden eagle instead of just sporting one on their chest.

Alright you nignogs how do you arm your dreads? No meme answer with BA dreads being assault cannons to the max. It cheapens the megadakka.

Pod, Flamestorm, Chainfist with flamer.

OK, that will work fine. Thanks.

That's the plan. I'll be doing the officer tonight to see how it comes out.
They're not glued yet, though I've been debating giving them beakie helmets for that kind of effect. I wanted to give the leader a Ravenwing Command Biker helmet (the one with the winged claws), but they don't fit with the jetpack.

Sallies?

Cortus with double meltagun chainfists, and a havoc launcher and extra armor.

IF, hoping for BA allies with multiple simultaneous devastating deep strikes someday.
Boxnaughts are the coolest, but flame storms are the only reason to take them.

>>
>Effects
>Destroyers become Troops choices and must be taken as the two compulsory troops choices
This is all well and good, but destroyers need to be fixed in the first place. Maybe rephrase it to: "Legion Destroyer Squads become compulsory Troop choices." (Thus making the rite viable for Zone Mortalis FOCs and keeping the text in line with FW wording.)
>Any model that can take a Rhino may take a Land Raider Proteus as a dedicated transport
Should add Spartans for squads of more than 10 models. inb4 someone yells >Spartans, 20-man Tacs are not maxed out Terminators.
>Any two units that charge the same unit within one player turn get +1 attack
Rephrase it to: "When two or more units from this detachment assault the same unit in the assault phase, they retain all the benefits of performing a successful assault." Or something similar, I'm starting to lack in the autism department.
>Any character with the Legiones Astartes (Dark Angels) special rule can take Phosphex Grenades for 15pts
You mean Phosphex Bombs? They are also One-use each for 10pts, so I'd like a clarification on this.
>Restrictions
>May not take more than one consul other than Moritats
Moritats aren't the be-all-end-all of destroyers, maybe just remove the lone killer rule.
>At least one Heavy Support slot must be taken by a unit with the Tank type
>Only one fast attack slot allowed
Nothing to add on the last two.

Honestly, this doesn't satisfactorily reflect the rite, but it's a good start.
Fun fact, the main ship of the Dreadwing was "Intolerant".
kek

WYSIWYG.
3 Box naughts with TLLC and Fist, TLLC and Fist with Flamer, PC with First and Flamer, Contemptor Mortis Khrees

Cortus-Contemptor w/dual Chainfists and dual Meltaguns.

cortus contemptor with 1 chain fist 1 power fist, if i cant afford 2chainz, and 2 grav guns

>>Effects
>This is all well and good, but destroyers need to be fixed in the first place. Maybe rephrase it to: "Legion Destroyer Squads become compulsory Troop choices." (Thus making the rite viable for Zone Mortalis FOCs and keeping the text in line with FW wording.)
True, but if you weren't planning on using destroyers anyway, why even consider the dreadwing?
Also, making sure about wording
>Should add Spartans for squads of more than 10 models. inb4 someone yells >Spartans, 20-man Tacs are not maxed out Terminators.
Sure, but Spartans are still Spartans, I feel that the -wings should feel more operator than bringing a bunch of twenty man squads, other than those that are basically unaffiliated with the hexagrammaton and are meatshields.
>Rephrase it to: "When two or more units from this detachment assault the same unit in the assault phase, they retain all the benefits of performing a successful assault." Or something similar, I'm starting to lack in the autism department.
No, this is intended as +1 attack on top of usual charging bonuses.
>You mean Phosphex Bombs? They are also One-use each for 10pts, so I'd like a clarification on this.
One use? Oh, they could use a price cut then, I didn't want to make Destroyers even worse.
>>Restrictions
>Moritats aren't the be-all-end-all of destroyers, maybe just remove the lone killer rule.
There's a lot in that lone killer rule,and your MotL will fulfill the mandatory HQ anyway.

>Honestly, this doesn't satisfactorily reflect the rite, but it's a good start.
Thank you.

>Also, making sure about wording
*is a weakpoint of mine.

I know we don't have much fluff to go on, but the impression I got from Angels Of Caliban was that dreadwing was more massive (and unusual) ordinance than destroyers, destroyers everywhere. Like, the area will probably be an irradiated wasteland afterwards, but that's a side effect not the main objective.

Phospex rapiers become troops and phospex medusae lose the 0-1 restriction.
:^)

All dreads are equal so long as they aren't Hellbrutes.

>True, but if you weren't planning on using destroyers anyway, why even consider the dreadwing?
The effect is the same as you intended, it's just a shorter read.
>Also, making sure about wording
Same here.
>Sure, but Spartans are still Spartans, I feel that the -wings should feel more operator than bringing a bunch of twenty man squads, other than those that are basically unaffiliated with the hexagrammaton and are meatshields.
That may be true, but the reasoning behind it is that you're provoking the enemy into attacking you with a combination of Phosphex and FotL, over phosphex dangerous terrain.
>No, this is intended as +1 attack on top of usual charging bonuses.
When two or more units charge the same unit, it counts as disordered charge so they get no bonus.
>One use? Oh, they could use a price cut then, I didn't want to make Destroyers even worse.
Destroyer Sergeants can take up to three anyway.
>>>Restrictions
>There's a lot in that lone killer rule,and your MotL will fulfill the mandatory HQ anyway.
The rite requires a MotL in any case, Lone Killer removed makes Moritats able to join other squads, such as those 20-man tacs.

>>Honestly, this doesn't satisfactorily reflect the rite, but it's a good start.
>Thank you.
You're welcome.

My idea of the Dreadwing is like stirring the hornet's nest so that you flush it all out. And what better way is there than to bring the biggest and the meanest guns available. You summed it up nicely, the wasteland is a side effect, although they are all a bunch of psychos, chosen for the wing exactly because of that trait. It really depends on the commander's wisdom. In an example, the Lion used them to bring Curze out - if it was up to Redloss, he'd have had simply bombed the whole region Curze was suspected to be hiding in to nothing.

>inb4 someone yells >Spartans, 20-man Tacs are not maxed out Terminators.
Scoring Spartans, alright! :^^^^^^^^^)

Boxnaughts
>Can have cathedral shoulders
>Are adorable
>The hands are flat and therefore can be high-fived
>All the best character dreads are boxy
Eggnaughts
>Can't have cathedral shoulders
>Are stupid
>The hands are not flat and high-fiving results in being stabbed
>Name one Eggnaught character

Oh yeah, no unit should be scoring in the dreadwing. My bad.

>>Name one Eggnaught character

>>>Name one Eggnaught character
>Ancient Rylanor
>Honoured Telemechrus
That's two, you fool.

FUCK.
Yes.

>Units can't score
>Lose D3VP if the enemy isn't utterly and completly roflstomped
I get it, this is the all or nothing RoW.
I assume you need a Siege Breaker too

Never forget.

Lhorke, first commander of the War Hounds, reporting for duty Angronius

GUYS JUST LET ME HAVE MY BOXES.

The speciality of Dreadwing was total warfare where the voted-lieutenant bearing title Dreadbringer[2] used Destroyer Marine Squads supported by other types of squads to bring total anihilation of a foe on specific battlefield. The Dreadwing utilized mass armored assaults of Land Raiders, Spartan Assault Carriers, Mastodons and Fellglaives with advanced weaponry. They were also known to employ weapons of mass destruction such as Phosphex and Vortex Weapons.[2]
Somebody post that screencap of Bligh's promises for the DA at the last year's weekender.

Chill, user. All dreads deserve love.
EXCEPT THEM FOOKIN CORTUS DREADS
Irs a nice pic, but how did he get there? And how come the buildings are still standing after the global firestorm?

I guess so.
But it sounds like a fookin apocalypse epic formation.
I mean, it goes from big to bigger and then huge.

>When two or more units charge the same unit, it counts as disordered charge so they get no bonus
That's when one assaults two, not when two assault one.
>Effects
Legion Destroyer Squads become compulsory Troop choices.
Any model that can take a Rhino may take a Land Raider Proteus as a dedicated transport, any that exceeds the transport capacity to do so may take a Spartan Assault Tank.
When two or more units from this detachment assault the same unit in the assault phase, they get +1 attack.
Any character with the Legiones Astartes (Dark Angels) special rule can take a Phosphex Bomb for 10pts
>Restrictions
Other than Moritats and Siege Breakers, no consul can be taken
At least one Heavy Support slot must be taken by a unit with the Tank type
Only one fast attack slot allowed
No unit in the Dreadwing is Scoring

Sorry for the posts, it's just I'm an intern for FW and the only way I thought to help market the contemptor would be to help advertise how much better the model is, sorry

Oh, and probably no Allies or Fortifications too.

Volkite culverin, assault cannon fist and havoc launcher
Two flamer fists
Not sure what to do with the future ones yet

1 Contemptor with dual kheres
1 contemptor with chainfist and dread ccw it's a beautiful recast of the AL specific dread, the details are so crisp and pretty
1 leviathan with siege claw and drill, delivered in a drop pod

My Lunar Awooos will potentially have an autcannon+ccw dread and a dual lascannon one for.

See if you can't get a job as proofreader, Emprah knows they need one.

I just want my phosphex-loaded drop pod bombs.

Why would you NEED to market that mini? They're THE 30k dread.

Are we cycling through the legions again? Because the Dreadwing seem to claimed this one for the DA.

HHG I need your help, what color should I make the lenses for my world eaters, Duncan does a green gem color on his YouTube guide but I see red pretty often. I'm at the hobby store right now...So should I just buy Khorne red for it?

Kek you're right.
Imperial Army, get fucked!

Do the extra armor and havoc launcher pull their weight for you? I was planning on doing the same it's just a little pricey

Green is the color of WE lenses. Do it or else ye face my wrath, KA.

Can we do the Mechanicum or IA next? Looking to start one or both, but the IA appears to not have much going for it other than hordes of bodies.

Would Rending/Zealot, work OK? Seems that's the best way to murder marines with suboptimal troops.

If you don't follow Duncan, you won't get nice fine tips on your brush

You legions can have the first XL threads since marines are XL guys.

I know almost nothing about IA, so I assume their troops could either hold their ground or charge forward while their artillery covers them...but who'd cover the artillery itself?

All I assume is that an Ordo Reductor army with some Vultarax and a Hammer of Olympia ally bringing two Spider-Lascanon Deredeos as their heavy support would be essentially unbeatable.
L-lewd

]>L-lewd
For you

With the destroyers. Why not to give them phosphex grenade launchers, and give option for more special weapons. Squad with theoretically is for chemical warfare ia armed with 2 bolt pistols.

I'm loathe to add more phosphex to the game, honestly.

Destroyers don't need anything other than a points drop, like breachers.
Also, ten AP3 3+ wounding small blasts that redeploy 2" in one squad? Really?

You guys seem to want looots of phosphex, while simultaneously complaining about phosphex (rapiers).

It feels like they are designed as an anti-infantry skirmish unit. They fall short because they are based off the original assault marines and have had no adjustments while assault marines had a 100pt price cut and are extremely inefficient currently.

The lack of options is also from them not being touched and, I believe, a lack of attention. (With the 5 legions still unreleased additional stuff being added for current legions. Hopefully they will be reworked with Prospero for the SW or more likely and hopefully with the DA release.

Until then, I doubt they will receive anything substantial, if at all.

You can still have your boxes just remember that all dreads are cool.

Oh nvm

Why do you use a name faggot?

Phosphex bombs are fine, Phosphex medusae are a downgrade, Phosphex rapiers are the most OP thing in 30k.

Because he is Trap, like Alacran is alacran and Uni is UNi, curzefag that shits up threads is Curzefag, and the bear is AWG

Why have you tainted those gloriously painted sons with that flying monstrosity?

If you're going to proxy a Lightning at least use the Nephilim.

reddit

PLEASE PAY ATTENTION TO ME I HAVE A NAME LOL ARENT I RANDUM

Yes?

>Another thread dying to namefaggotry and antinamefaggotry
This isn't happening.
Dreadwing up next, is it as Termiecentric as in 40k, because I remember someone saying it was vets too.

This is why we can't have anything nice :(
Including IW legion-specific minis.

Namefags usually make a bad reputation for themselves, and it's quite easy to dislike them, but the ones we had weren't so bad.
Even if they were faggots, they were our faggots, born from this thread.

WHY CAN'T DA HAVE REGULAR LEGION-SPECIFICS LIKE NORMAL LEGIONS?

So, for the podcast do we all agree on saturday/ early sunday morning depending on timezones

They're going to get the equivalent of Justaerian by filtering regular Termies through an OP RoW AND YOU'RE GOING TO LIKE IT.

>d
And yeah post in that channel when you are free, so we can help decide on our roster

How are Phosphex Medusae a downgrade? You net 3+ rerollable wounds, Phosphex dangerous terrain and repositioning. Are the Legion ones different for some reason?

A RoW is the opposite concept of a legion-specific unit!
Justaerin get Multimeltas as their heavy weapon, why can't the Deathwing wield Plasma cannons as their heavy weapon?

>How are Phosphex Medusae a downgrade? You net 3+ rerollable wounds
Wounds are rerollable only from Melee Poisoned weapons that are stronger than your toughness, not from ranged.
Meanwhile, S10 can Instant death marines and also treaten Spartans. Wouldn't you call that a "downgrade"?

Go to bolter and chainsword if you want worthless '''''''''''''''''''personas''''''''''''''''''''.

Too few memes.
Or however it is gramatically correct.

>rerollable
Doesnt work with shooting

S10 to instant death, wound on a 2+, with option to go armor with barrage to bypass flaresheilds. Dangerous terrain is mediocre.

To try to arrest things before they go too much further downhill with name-drama: your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to invent a new unit for your legion. BUT, it must be a vehicle, as most legions don't have a unique vehicle at the moment. (Those legions that do have a unique vehicle can of course still join in.)

To kick things off:
>the Death Guard "Locust" bomber
>a storm eagle variant without transport capacity like the darkwing, but it replaces the missile pods with a bomb bay
>bombs are: poison (3+), AP4, ignores cover, large blast
>any vegetative terrain hit by these bombs has its cover save worsened by 1 and becomes dangerous terrain (basically the creeping death effect)
>fluff is while the death guard are slowly walking across the planet crushing all resistance, these things fly ahead and destroy the enemy's agriculture (both killing the plants and making the soil unusable) so when the legion's footsoldiers arrive the enemy is starting to struggle for food

Really? Damn. I see your point now, although if you really need to pick someone off with Barrage it might help.

But user, both are barrage weponz

IW
The Extractor
Similar to a Hades breeching drill but bigger
designed by mole man himself
can carry 20
as many units as can fit

Well, considering the Rhino Advancer is already a thing, how about:

>Land's Raider Phobos
Transport size: 12
Assault Transport
Machine Spirit
2x Twin linked Lascannons
1x Twin linked Heavy bolter

RG

Whispercutter

FA

>AV10/10/10, HP2, Skimmer
>Deepstrike
>Open Topped
>Shrouded
>Scout
>Open Frame: May Carry Jump Infantry counting as 1 each for capacity
>Stealth Suite: Interceptor may only fire snap shots
>10 capacity
>DT for Mor Deythan or taken as a FA choice

I loved reading about them in the books

EC Sonic "artillery"
>Vertical launch missile w/ remote guided descent.
>Detonates as a sonic pulse similar to an airburst.

2 EC crew
Artillery T7 W3
S6 AP5 Heavy * :: 3" Blast, Barrage, Guided Descent, Ignores Cover

Guided Descent: Scatters as if direct fired even if fired indirectly. * is number of remaining crew.

>it must be a vehicle

Fuck

I fucked up