Warhammer 40k general

Fun-posting encouraged edition.

prev

>THIS IS THE LIST BUILDER. PLEASE ASK FOR IT WE LOVE POINTING IT OUT
webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#/rosterCreator

>Freshest Rules in Epub (Use Readium for PC or Kobo on Android)
mega.nz/#F!Wl5DAbCb!TYxZG4CgX_x-NJu7JBwbZQ!2tgBUTYI

>Not always current PDFs:
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>Up to date FAQs
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40K 7th Edition Quick Reference Sheets:
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>Forge World Book Index:
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>The Blaecki Libraeri (Beware blue sorcerers asking if they can check out books on your card)
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q!c4pGAJDb

Other urls found in this thread:

a-40k-author.tumblr.com/post/155956855681/oh-please-tell-me-the-eldar-are-getting-renamed-to
youtube.com/watch?v=enUqWuU-Nns
dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/288926.page
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

first for boyz

Xth for 40k End Times will soon be in full swing. Age of Emperor when?

a-40k-author.tumblr.com/post/155956855681/oh-please-tell-me-the-eldar-are-getting-renamed-to

All of my troops look like this, I just got into the hobby

Are these good enough to play? Is it something I just learn?

Thin those paints man.

Channel the Dunc

THIN
YO
PAINTS
DAWG

Nth for orks having access to more than 2 melee weapons

Also, you have paint on them, so yes. It's better than 90% of Tau fags.

Just give it a nice base and it'll be fine.

100% better than the grey tide I see on the table.

This is a joke, right?

>why is everyone suddenly making fun of retarded gw word salad again
>oh
>oh...

>big choppa, klaw... and... small choppa?

>Are these good enough to play?
Sure, at least you painted.

>Is it something I just learn?
Yes. Watch this video. It should help:
youtube.com/watch?v=enUqWuU-Nns

> implying anyone takes big choppas
> implying anyone takes nobs to put big choppas on
> why would you take choppas when you can take shootas

Return of Preatorian Guard when?

Do you think they might do a limited re-run of older models for their 30th?

Get a beige colour spraycan from army painter, so your base Coast with that then paint the details

I take big choppas to keep the meat squads cheap.

That make them s7 vs rear armour 10 if you don't shoot them but only 85 points lost for me if you do!

>implying anyone takes tanks when they can just take more monsters
>melee race

Do you think they'll do 40k end times for their 30th?

>tfw wound everything on a 4+

Well memed my friend

Guys I'm going to a casual match this weekend and I'm thinking about taking a Blood Angels list. Do you think this will do well?

I don't know. we live in dark times

0/10

Doggo
> Gargantuan creature
> WS6 BS2 T10 S10 W12 A5 Ld10
> Special rules: Big ol pupper: Enemy units cannot directly target this model because it is too precious
> 1000 points

why don't warhammerTV allow comments on their vids?

I need a bitchin' paint scheme for my IG tanks, you anons got any?.

BLOOD ANGELS TAU AND ELDAR REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>Are these good enough to play?

Yes. They're pretty bad and they're pretty much below average/tabletop standard, but people will know you're new and not just retarded.

>Is it something I just learn?

Yes. You won't be painting amazing models until AT LEAST finishing 30+ shitty ones. A good tabletop average standard is actually quite easy to achieve once you've practiced thinning the paints and painting within the lines on such small models. There's just a lot of people calling clearly very high standard or even display competition level models "tabletop standard" so don't think everyone is a painting god. Just have all your shit within the lines, no chunky paint, washes, highlights, and you'll be well on your way to having a high quality army.

Whats the consensus on catacomb command barges?

Also who wants to pick my necron army paint scheme?

If I saw that coming at me across the table I'd throw in the towel.

Can't fight the pupper ;_;

Pretty good as long as you avoid putting them into melee combat with anything that can trash the chariot itself.

what is this end times nonsense im hearing about now

Blood Red highlights/Bronze metal/Blue glowy bits

50% memes

50% no one knows because no one has a copy yet

EPub where??

GW is advancing the plot. Given recent events in fantasy, many people's assumption is that it means the end of the galaxy.

Those numbers
Thats a damn good paint scheme, I ain't even mad.

Cheers user

Would you bother giving the rider a ranged weapon or would you keep him cheap and rely on the barges weapons?

because it would be nonstop shit flinging

>taking the fall of cadia as an advancement of the plot

Just wait, they're gonna retcon everything and say cadia never existed, it'll be 1984 all over again

These dudes look fine for a first model. I wouldn't bitch about playing against them. That said, thin your paints bro. 1:1 water ratio, or so. Multiple thin coats.

Check out Duncan on WarhammerTV on YouTube, for his tutorial on how to paint Cadians. Even if you're not skilled enough to copy him, it can be a good experience to watch.

>this fucker again
No. You DO NOT take Warlock Skyrunner Conclaves. You DO NOT add Warlocks to your scatbike squads. You take ONE Farseer Skyrunner AND THAT IS IT.

You retards can't even meme right.

So, is it better to take melta guns in a crusader squad or a grav-gun?

He's too expensive to just be a ranged platform and all his gun options are short ranged enough that you'd end up in cc anyway.

I'd like to play Marines and Inquisition side by side.

How should I model Crusaders to make them visibly separate from Marines by silhouette? Colors overlap, unfortunately.

Crusaders look fucking nothing like marines.

Hey, does anybody have an epub of the new Sharks vs Edgelords novel?

For the guys posting armies.

I wanted to take it slowly but after no time at all I ended up with loads of points of stuff... My friend gave me a spare grey knight so now I have a terminator librarian, that made me go hook 10 tactical terminators off EBay. I also have 10 more tacticals to build and I haven't even tried a game with them yet.

Almost 1000 points and I haven't even factored in the transport I'm going to have to buy.
To be fair this is 4 months of work, got a fresh wind on working on them over Christmas.

Melta if they're assaulting, if not then keep them small and give them a Grav-cannon.

The shields and robes make the Crusaders' silhouettes drastically different. I don't think there's much chance of confusion.

They are both good it depends on what your army needs. You're going to want both if you don't have melta anywhere else.

I should've probably clarified I'm going full kitbash/third party. On the power armor front, mixed up another unit I *am* power armoring with the Crusaders. The question stands, just not for Crusaders.
I haven't had coffee in a long time. I'm more than a little off base. Sorry.

TAKE THE 'NAUGHT!

Would the small squads need anything with the Grav-cannon such as a plasma rifle?

24" isn't really good for long range support.

Ok, so runners would be kept with melta as they'll close in and the ranged boys will hold on to Grav-cannons

I wonder GW ever gonna explain why Eldrad is still around after Death Masque, didn't he fuck over the infinity circuit and doom the entire race? why are the eldar and harlie still hang around with him instead of killing his stupid ass and feed the spirit stone to the Solitaire.

> Utterly shred
Miss majority of its surprisingly low shot count

Shooty crusader squads are better off in small squads with a special/heavy and nothing else to keep them cheap. Give them Grav-gun/Grav Cannon and a rhino/drop pod, move them up and fire away. If range isnt long enough then take a lascannon.

Keep them small unless they are assaulting.

who the fuck posted this?

Oh, who fucking cares. GW's metaplot is tripe of the highest order and best off completely ignored.

I thought tacticals weren't worth the points?

Alright but is a Rhino worth it if they're going to be objective holders?

Squad in the back looks really nice

Clues....

The red eldar is a "small" Wraith-Construct that works thanks to an "old and rare" stone, he is always accompanied by Iyanna Arienal and Eldrad Ulthran, until the middle of the book where it is revealed who it is.

Other parts of the book describe dark eldars faced on two sides, with a confrontation between Malys and Vect forces in the Khaine's Gate what will endangers all commorragh

wait & see

Tacticals are mediocre. They are worth their points, but will not perform beyond them.

Bad Moons go home.

Let's get the thread going.

>Create a small formation that would make the most useless units in your codex enticing to take, but not broken.

Are you being fookin cheeky m8?

Does it sound like that camorragh will be destroyed by chaos? Will the dark eldar also be exiled like the dark elves in Age of Sigmar?

source?

If only one model is firing then maybe, depends on what else is in your army and what is the opportunity cost of getting a rhino.

Well, it does give them an extra layer of survivability so it may be worth it on that front.

I posted this in the Gathering Storm general, but it is too cringe to not re-post here.

dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/288926.page

Bonus points if you can get to the end of the OP withing cringing.

I recently got a Hellhound kit.

I want to make a Chem Cannon Bane Wolf, but I'm not sure how good that is. I'd rather have it or the melta cannon one than the normal Hellhound.

Of course, I follow the notion of playing what's cool, but I'm taking into consideration that there's plenty of competitive players in my area so I'd rather have something that can do well if needed out of the kit.

No, the answer is not to get another model, Mechanized Guard doesn't feel right without the Hellhound variants.

what do i keep my celestine away from in battle?

**Without

Sorry my Grandma just died and I am finding it hard to concentrate.

>I wish for the Warhammer 40k lore to progress

So I am finding it hard to choose an army project:
>Dark Mechanicus Cawltarri
>Scion Sentinels Castellan

What sounds more fun to play Veeky Forums?

>The Chaos Gods have prevailed, they have consumed the galaxy...but in the final moments, the Warp Presence of the Emperor was reborn into a god of the Materium, shielding them in his glorious light. Now Materium exists as pocket dimensions among a storm of insanity. These are the Mortal Dimensions and this is the Age of the Emperor.

Kek too easy

Armoured codpiece detachment (wyches)
2 squads of wyches
2 squads of hellions
2 raiders for the wyches
Everyone in the detachment gets poke in the eye, an attack which blinds during hammer of wrath
Everyone gets haywire grenades for 50 points

Powerful melee units with lots of attacks.

A bit of memeing, a bit of AoSfags wanting to see the superior system and seller burn to the ground, a bit of pissed off WHFBfags wanting GW to go full retard, a few retards who actually believe GW, after a year of semi-competence, is going to kill their flagship and cashcow, some over reactions, a donghunter or two being taking seriously when you should just ignore them and a whole bunch of people who have no idea whats going on.

I didn't see what the big deal was until I got to the end and saw the photo and drawing and suddenly burst out laughing.

>terminator captain
>1-3 regular terminator units
>sustained fire: units from this formation that did not move in the movement phase may fire their weapons a second time in the shooting phase (this can be done on the turn they arrive from deep strike)

It wouldn't even make them that good, since gravtacticals in pods exist.

1K and under it would be about 3 melee crusader squads (Sword Brother with PS and MB, Melta Gun in squad) and two copies of the ranged unit while the captain is in termy armor and sporting the EW Shield and a relic blade.

I haven't thought about over 1k but I imagine it would go back to assault termies for the captain along with two assault bikes and two separated land speeders w/ multi-meltas.

Was an old, and not necessarily good, build I ran at the end of fifth.

Nobody wished for that.

They're not just tactical marines, they're BLOOD ANGELS tactical marines!

Their transports race across the board at 12" a turn firing off all their weaponry with pinpoint accurac. And then, when the enemy is close, the marines strike!
Hopping out, equipped with heavy flamers to utterly devistate infantry or meltas to deliver a killing blow the tacticals are nothing to turn your nose up at!

But it doesn't end there, notice those weapons are assault weapons?
That's right!
Should the Blood Angels charge they get +1 to both their strength and initiative.
With the strength of a Ogryn but the speed of an Eldar they tear up vehicles, infantry or even other marines with ease!

And so, that's why Blood Angels are the best.

Give units in the Numinous Conclave (electropriests) the ability to shunt once per game like the Grey Knights that can.

It would make them not useless, but not broken

I've managed to design my custom chapter's symbol but I'm not sure how to represent it on my models.

Should I just print it out onto paper and stick it onto their pauldrons with glue or is there a better way?

>instead of one finger curling, with a magical glow, Fall of Cadia is published and every finger on the paw except the middle one is now closed

>Aeldari

Models that can hit with S:D

All of them are decent in a mediocre way.

Are you planning on having a lot of shield and sword marines too or something?

Shell out for custom decals. Glue and paper will not look good at all.

I've got a squad of them that'll be working in close concert, yes.

>Neckbeard makes a gang of tough and street smart Fallout raiders that's also sexually submissive

Did most people really want that though?
All I want is abby to die.
All he does for the setting is make it worse. He's poorly written, requiring numerous retcons to make him an actual threat, his end goal fucks up the setting, he makes chaos boring (we already have a faction whose goal is to kill everyone else in the tyranids, and frankly the nids are cooler than edgey marines with spikes and present a more interesting threat), the focus on him dicks over all other chaos players (we could see world eaters occasionally rampaging through systems just for the violence, or word bearers going about on crusades to convert the masses and kill the ultras, or have renegades and space pirate marines but nope, just arachon in space: this time even more boring), and people like ADB's boner for him gives us abysmally bad pieces of fluff like MoM, or him somehow winning in FoC because the plot demanded it.

If there's anything I would use the monkey's paw on, it's removing abby from the setting without Sigmarinizing 40k in the process.

Alternatively, make tiny stencils out of cardstock, or possibly plasticard so it doesn't get soggy. The shapes you have are simple enough to cut out with some relatively delicate knifework.

Thanks user, I'll give it a go

Put long groin tabards and Company Champion shoulders on the Crusaders.

oh, might try that instead, it does seem a bit cheaper