Fun-posting discouraged edition

Fun-posting discouraged edition

FALL OF CADIA
>www36.zippyshare.com/v/y2AkQeRc/file.html

>Previous Heretical Discussion
>THIS IS THE LIST BUILDER. PLEASE ASK FOR IT WE LOVE POINTING IT OUT
webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#/rosterCreator

>Freshest Rules in Epub (Use Readium for PC or Kobo on Android)
mega.nz/#F!Wl5DAbCb!TYxZG4CgX_x-NJu7JBwbZQ!2tgBUTYI

>Not always current PDFs:
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>Up to date FAQs
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40K 7th Edition Quick Reference Sheets:
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>Forge World Book Index:
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>The Blaecki Libraeri (Beware blue sorcerers asking if they can check out books on your card)
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q!c4pGAJDb

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm..nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3180619/
npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=90229789
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

ultramarines are cool, I hope they save us from the dumb stuff happening in 40k right now

first for Egochan goddess of slannesh!

3rd for presidential autopistols

you should not have posted this

call for the devastators brother, call for the first company too, send the terminators, we need heavy flamers to cleanse this foul infestation

Ultramarines are dumb and I like it when they get eaten by Maulerfiends, even though Maulerfiends don't even need to eat.

I think Ultramarines are just okay. Even if I am Word Bearer.

Suck it heretic

wtf is this shit how do i read this book m8s

Nids are the only ones who can save the galaxy from chaos

but maulerfiends are super duper dumb

It's clearly Morse

Are the doubled headed Lords of Change meant to mock the Imperium's Aquila?

you rub your dick against it

Trying to drum up an 1850 list for the CSM army I'm starting. I've left a lot of room here because I need to ask:
1. Should I got MSU or 10-man for my vanilla troops? What about the noise marines?
2. Do I really want to buy 5 rhinos if I do everything MSU?
3. How should I kit out my lords, termies, and bikers? Any good relics?

No.

I'm pretty sure it's so they can give confusing answers to questions

yes

Looks like morse. Fuck you GW i have no idea how to translate that without massive fucking work.

Kairos Fateweavermind.

I have seen better transitioning results.

Maybe.

>tfw WS3 I3 A2
>mfw

Can you repeat the question?

Alright Veeky Forums lets pop a squat and shoot the shit: Today's topic: ULTRAMARINES

Now, some of us love 'em, some of us hate 'em, some of us love to hate 'em.

Why though? Do we really have a justified reason for hating them? What have the ultramarines done that is really so bad.

Is Guilliman's Codex Astartes really that bad? 1000 space marines still kick a load of ass, and with all these extra chapters beyond the legions there's even more room for YOUR DUDES beyond the lost legions.

On top of that, someone needed to be the face of space marines. If it wasn't the Ultras then it would've been the fists (lol no it wouldn't because yellow was/is hard to paint) so why not the ultramarines, consider instead if your favourite chapter/legion was the poster child of space marines, if your chapter had little timmy painting ugly chalky non-thinned paint marines that looked like trash.

Ultramarines are custodians to all astartes, everyone with a 3+ save owes it to the ultramarines to be the boring clerical guys who "suck the fun" out of everything. But lets be honest, you wouldn't want to room with a space wolf, he doesn't bathe, drinks all your beer, then he siphons your gas to mix with beer and drinks that which leaves your car empty.

TL;DR Ultramarines aren't that bad, they have a thankless job of being the poster child for space marines which lets everyone else be cool and it directs the hipster hate-wave away from your favourite chapter

You're super duper to the max dumb, so there!

You're not the boss of of me now.

in the op it reads

>>Freshest Rules in Epub (Use Readium for PC or Kobo on Android)

Use readium for google chrome, or kobo reader on android (google play books should work too maybe)

>mfw WS5 I4 A4
I wish venerables could get AV13 on the front. Ironclads aren't nearly as cool.

How do Ultramarines treat Sisters of Battle after a hard fought campaign? do they oil up the marines and give them hj's?

that's not the correct answer, now the heads get to eat you

Thats a tranny in your pic

The Ultramarine hate stems from the days of 5th editionand Mat Ward breaking everything. It became a meme because smurfs were Ward's favorite army and a scapegoat for all the hate spawned from the daemons, marines, grey knights, and newcrons.

>transexual's have brainpatterns which are in line with their perceived sexuality
First of all, straight transexuals do not have different brains, Gay transexuals have more feminine brains but so do normal gay men.
It's literally just gay men trying to go after straight men and straight men with autogynephilia
ncbi.nlm..nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3180619/

Secondly npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=90229789
Only 12% of transexual children continue to identify as the other sex as adults.

Third, a different brain structure is not proof of a genetic difference.
Drug addicts have different brains too, were they born drug addicts? KYS.

>tfw only WS3 BS3 S6 12/12/10 I3 A2 HP3
Pls no. Maulerfiends deserve to be buffed into a fearsome creature. I love them. Pls, GW.

>tfw they didn't even keep the Draft FAQ's Maulerfiend Buff into the final draft

how do i kit out my cultists in an Alpha Legion Insurgency Force?

cool list, looking pretty solid

>1. should I go MSU or 10 man, what about the noise marines
you probably want rhinos

>2. do I really want to buy 5 rhinos if I do everything msu
yes, putting guys in rhinos means two things have to shoot at one squad of space marines to kill it, sometimes possibly more due to the nature of dice

>3. how should I kit out my lords, termies and bikers? any good relics?
uh, I know the khorne axe was really good but since you're EC you can't get that

check traitor legions, I don't know slaanesh too well

for your terminators you should think about what you want them to do

the standard loadout is three terminators, each with a combi-weapon (combi-melta, combi-plasma, etc, note that the terminator champion pays more points for his combi-weapon upgrade because shitty codex)

this is because terminators are notoriously inefficient, however they become very efficient when you deepstrike them next to something you want to melta, then shoot with three melta shots, then your terminators get killed, but it doesn't matter because they already made their points back with efficient one-use-only melta shots.

They tend to be given power-axes so they can aggressively chop anything if they do manage to survive a turn.

Your bikers probably want some lovin' too, possibly plasmaguns, because bikers get relentless from their bike wargear, which means they can rapidfire the plasmaguns and then charge

FIRST FOR DA ORKS!
WE MIGHT BE DA SLOWEST BUT WE HIT DA 'ARDEST

>unironically proud
>thinks other anons give it a second thought
I forgot it was even the OP image.

autopistols and CCWs, no upgrades for maximum WAAC

they're annoying massed small-arms fire (great for killing terminators or space marines) which come back from the dead sometimes (but you get two rolls because haha alpha legion suckers)

essentially they're really cheap, disposable, objective campers which are annoying for your opponent, infiltrate them aggressively because when they die they walk on from your board edge, so they'll be readily available to secure back-line objectives if they come back.

Since you can't mark them you can't do cute things like use mark of khorne to have a deceptively punchy assault unit.

You could possibly dump some points into them to give them auto-guns if you want them sitting in the midfield.

If you want to do anything with them make sure you have the apostle nearby to make them fearless, or else they'll break morale and die really quickly

If i roll a 4+ on both roles do i get 2 sets of cultist?

I'm guessing that slot is a tax, but would you recommend possessed or chosen over termies?
Also I didn't really get an answer of whether or not I should add more bodies to my infantry squads.
I'll throw some shit on the bikers once I have the other stuff sorted out.

I was looking at contemptor dreadnoughts because pic related is hot hot hot to me.

I wish forgeworld wasn't so super duper slow at updating their rules to stay in line with current editions - the imperial armor contemptors have all the neato wargear options like graviton guns and plasma blasters, but don't have the proper attack profile for dreadnoughts? Conversely, the angels of death contemptors have only what's in betrayal at calth for no real purpose?

SIGH.

If I'm going to field them, which version should I pick?

Considering selling my army off.

Why is this feel so terrible?

I would take three termies with power-axes and combi-meltas

chosen can be good but they get expensive fast as you begin to pimp them out

power-axe might be bad given MoS is +init but eh....... power mauls can get bogged down so easily in combat, then again your dorks are disposable anyways.... maybe powerswords would be really nasty

They didn't keep the Maulerfiend buff?

There was a Maulerfiend buff?

Report all off topic posts about transgender topics, so we can rid these /b/tards of our haven.

Because they're YOUR DUDES user.

if you cut one head off the hydra, two more spawn

yes, any of your cultists which make up a LOST AND THE DAMNED get two rolls to come back

the way this works from a rules perspective is Cult Uprising and A Tide of Traitors have different rule-names so they stack

This gets a little confusing when you read that Cult Uprising adds the newly spawned unit to the detachment, but a tide of traitors adds a unit to the formation (which is part of the attachment).

So if one unit dies you roll for cult uprising which creates a new unit that has the cult uprising stamp, but not the tide of traitors.
Then you roll for a tide of traitors which creates a new unit that has the cult uprising stamp and the tide of traitors stamp.

It's a little tedious to mark them but your opponents might be ok with all your cultists getting two rolls no matter what

because ideally you spent time and money on them so they're more than grey plastic

and remember that while you can always make more money you can't make more time

the time you spent on them will be lost forever as soon as you sell them

such is the fate of chaos!

>mfw debating putting a second venerable and squadroning them just because

>Conversely, the angels of death contemptors have only what's in betrayal at calth for no real purpose?

It's because GW refuses to admit that forgeworld exists, so forgeworld only items will never appear in a rulebook that is sold in a GW store.

However, GW sells a plastic contemptor and since they put their models on their shelves that means they need a sexy little rulebook for 40k so people can use those models in 40k without anyone complaining about ordering books from forgeworld

Contemptors with assault cannons are sexy, I like 'em with double assault cannons but I really like shooty things

Increase the font size dummy

i read "being part of the original detachment" as being part of what they originally were, so part of the formation, nested in the insurgency force.

They never really did end up being much of "my dudes". I did conversion work to save money, so a fair chunk of them look unique, and some have names attached, but I'm not attached to them. They're just dudes. Not "my dudes".

20% or so painted. I lost a lot of motivation after getting a Battleforce and a few loose boxes gifted to me. The time I spent on them would be lost, yeah. I've got plenty of other lost time in my life I'm not broken up about. Rent and food is a little more important to me. If I sell them, it'll be to a friend, and I'll get to face off against them in the future.

Just waiting for someone to ask which army it is and be self-righteous as soon as I say it's Tau. Every time.

>Though still haunted by the cost of recent campaigns, the Space Wolves were determined to bring honour to both their new Wolf Lord, and their old: the slain Egil Ironwolf, whose icons and name the company still bore until the stain of his death could be washed away.

So Egil's the guy Magnus shrekt with his own lascannon shot on Fenris right? So why is his Wolf pack/whatever the Yiffs call it the only one who made it to Cadia. Wheres Logan?

Remember that SW-fag who kept shitposting about Logan being the grand marshal of cadia? Well he didnt even make it there.

As someone that thought they were getting out of 40k way back in the day and sold my army off. Terrible decision unless you are selling it to expand a force or start a new one. Even if you don't feel like playing for awhile keep your army. The time invested in something like that isn't worth just throwing away. Take a break from the game or painting or whatever it is you do with them.

being part of a detachment and being part of a formation isn't the same thing,

so being part of an insurgency force isn't the same as being part of the lost and the damned inside the insurgency force.

All of B is A but not all of A is B, you follow?

It could be interpreted as such that in order to be inserted into the detachment it would have to be inserted into the formation to maintain the legality of the detachment but there's no clear rules for which to hold that up with.

It's a valid interpretation but I believe you're taking a leap of faith here, the wording of the rules for cult uprising only adds the new squad to the detachment. Full stop. I don't believe that this would insert the squad into the formation but it possibly could, ideally it would be FAQ'd

I completely agree. I really want a pair of kheres cannon bros to hang out with ol' dorito. Since I was going kheres and fist anyways, I was thinking the GW ruleset might be best for the statline, but mannnn twinlinked bolters are borrrring and gain nothing from fist chapter tacticsssss.

If I do sell, I'm going to start Inquisition with Marine allies. I've got a squad of Marines and a squad of Scions that I can use for acolytes already. I want to play, I just don't want to play ______Tau specifically.

Nope, thats it. Abandon thread. Remake it. God I cannot wait till GW squats slanesh to be more kid friendly and all deviant sexuality disapears in our universe as a result.

Did they all go to Cadia at the end of WoM? I just kinda thought the ironwolves went full vengeance crusade mode and ran off on their own to die in combat.

>tau player hates his army
should've played marines user, should've played marines

OK WELL, pretty much what says

If you EVER, EVER, go back to playing a Tau army, for any reason, you will 100% regret selling off your guys.

I get that rent and food are important, and tight, but you should be looking at other means to get this money, unless you're quitting the hobby forever, because if you ever go back to playing tau you'll be negative a ton of money as the price of models creep ever-upwards. (you'll also be out a fair deal of time)

Try and pickup some extra shifts, bum some bucks off a friend or two, keep a written record of any money you lend, work hard, pay them back, survive comfortably, hopefully with your plastic toys intact.

Deres only one genda you grots. And dats orks.

you take a fist for punching, not for the boltgun

even on a fist I would consider dropping the boltgun for the flamer

also since you're getting contemptors you could consider buying the GW plastics, there are many guides out there which prove that reposing the legs adds a lot to the model's pose.

It would be a fairly simple conversion (given that it's plastic) and if you go with two sets of autocannons you'd need a left arm from forgeworld which would enhance any new dynamic pose you give to the contemptor.

>tfw waiting for triumverate ebay prices to settle down so you can get celestine + greyfax for a reasonable price

Oy, but wat about da grots? Dey ain't relly orks...

>So it was that the Space Wolves departed for the Cadian Gate, elements of every Great Company taking to the Sea of Stars once more to bolster the war effort against the forces of Abaddon the Despoiler. Fenris was left under garrison, but its defenders were few in number, for between the Wulfen’s Curse and the invasion of the Crimson King the Chapter had been reduced to a fraction of its former strength. Still, the Great Wolf’s conviction was infectious. They would meet the threat of Chaos head-on, and if they successfully hunted Magnus unto death, their sagas would be sung from one end of the galaxy to the other.
>Only when the grand fleet of the Space Wolves had made translation into the Cadian System did the stones cast by the Rune Priests all begin to form the same shape.
>They showed the ancient Prosperine symbol for vengeance.

The SW Grand Fleet confirmed lost in the warp?

Dats because deyz grots, so dey dont count, see?

pic related, look at how cute these plastic guys are, all they need is new hips

and a formation is a detachment. the unit's original detachment is the formation, which is nested within another detachment.

I appreciate the input, but taking extra hours isn't an option. I'm already doing ~56 hours a week and capped on hours I can take, and the way they're spread means I've got 6 days a week occupied for 10-12 hour blocks a day. Internship + college means I'm unpaid for a lot of time and actively losing money. Like I mentioned Marines are actually what I'm planning on going to when things stabilize.

No matter what at this point I'm going to regret the whole Tau mess. Keep them and regret playing them, sell them and regret selling them. Shit happens. Don't intend to blogpost, sorry.

I'd say either completely naked, or with autoguns

Well if dey don't count den don't dat mean we're not countin' a numbah? So we'd be at tew, but it dunnit count so dat makes wun... but ders akchewly tew...

RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA ME 'EAD AIN'T MADE FOR DIS, LETS GO SMASH DEM 'UMIES WHO KEEP RUNNIN' DER GOBS

>all they need is new hips
>fw feet

One of my buddies had tau as an army, got fed up with the game in early 6th and only recently came back when he remembered he liked painting. He'd actually given the tau away to a friend who was considering playing, and that friend never ended up using them, so he was lucky enough to retrieve them. Don't know your situation but yeah, you might regret selling your dudes especially if you've put time into them.

oh well, I only skimmed your stuff, if you're flipping the tau to eventually get marines do it

you won't regret marines ever

ever

I play CSM, KDK, Vanilla SM, DA, GKs and Deathwatch.

Marines are GW's bread and butter for a reason, they're versatile, easy to paint well, hard to paint flawlessly, and there are endless colours to pick your favourite from.

Has anyone actually won a game using Rubric Marines, ever?

Everyone ends up playing marines at some point. I'd happily sell my blood angels. Xenos for life.

Wait... does this mean Logan left Cadia to fall?

You don't want to play Tau why? Has all the Tau hate gotten to you?

Won't lie I love to hate Tau. But, one of the three guys I play regularly plays them and they are some of my favorite matches. Better than space yiffs

Totes adorbs. Saved for my future converting. I should definitely do one GW plastic for money saving purposes anyways.

You can't swap the TL boltgun for a flamer in AoD, right? I can't remember.

Aren't squigs and squiggoths technically a kind of ork too?

They're an Orkoid species but not really an Ork.

I was going to kit my lords out more, but I decided on more troops. Should I put those infantry elsewhere or spend the ~100 points on drugs and more goodies?

I didn't get into the hobby intending to start Tau. I started with Skitarii and stopped when I realized the price to get any further with them. I moved to Tau because I had a Kill Team box and everyone else in my area has Marines, no exceptions.

All Tau do is shoot. There's no other options, no other solutions, no other tactics. I play close-quarters Tau as a bandaid, but that's all it is- you're still shooting, there's just more risk. It's not exciting, it's not fun. I also don't even like their style all that much. Fire Warriors are neat, but anything bigger is just... eh. Plus, you know, constantly getting mocked by fa/tg/uys on here and IRL for my army choice. You know who you are. Sorry about the stealth suits.

If Sydonians were $30 and Dunecrawlers were $45 I never would have bought a single Tau model.

>no thread title
delete

Read Ragnar Blackmane novel. The Space Wolves realizing that Cadia is lost, pull back their forces. Some companies are on the planet but the majority on the Wolves are going elsewhere where they can do good rather than fight a losing battle.

Why do I have to spoonfed you things? The Ragnar novel was released 2 years ago!

>slowest
>has vehicles
>has bikes
Not even tyranids, who have to footslog across the entire map every single game.

100yuan = 14,5$. Its resin but the quality on better than Forgeworld's.

Which Chinaguy is this from? I have Z, CCON, and MI's information but I haven't ordered from any of them.

too old, can't delete

I think I have CCON's information, where did you get your information from? google?

Any tips on how to find the info? I only have CCON

A guy posted them here a while back. I'm away from my PC and don't have access right now.

Sorry champ were talking about canon material here not EU. Go make a containment thread if you want to talk about your BL stuff.

I want to get a Levi for my NL because of this pic.

I don't even know if CSM get them outside of HH

Yeah. Boring was why my tau friend originally dropped them. Breachers, pathfinders, and fire warriors are neat though. A single ghostkeel is pretty inoffensive too to be honest.

You know the thing about this game is that you always know in your heart who your dudes are. If you've always wanted to collect skitarii you're never gonna be satisfied until you do, you'll just waste more money along the way. If that's your path, take it. Go slow. Paint what you own to a high standard while waiting. Watch for packaged deals.

That's hot. That's a hot way to live.

You could always declare it a decimator siege engine in 40k?

Are those tau just primed white with black pants and a red detail?