Warhammer 40k general /40kg/

Tau = Tomb Kings edition
Robute Girlyman sexually identifies as a Storm Talon sub-edition
I sexually identify as a Vendetta sub-sub-edition
sub-sub-subway edition

>Previous Thread
>THIS IS THE LIST BUILDER, IF YOU USE IT, PLEASE KILL YOURSELF
webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#/rosterCreator

>Freshest Rules in Epub (Use Readium for PC or Kobo on Android)
mega.nz/#F!Wl5DAbCb!TYxZG4CgX_x-NJu7JBwbZQ!2tgBUTYI

>Not always current PDFs:
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>Up to date FAQs
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40K 7th Edition Quick Reference Sheets:
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>Forge World Book Index:
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>The Blaecki Libraeri (Beware blue communists asking if they can check out books on your card, their argument based around the GRATER GUD!)
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q!c4pGAJDb

Other urls found in this thread:

edinburghleagueofgamers.co.uk/
drive.google.com/file/d/0B86if2YrXDKbajJudlBGYzYzd0k/view
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Anyone based in edinburgh / been to?
whats this group edinburghleagueofgamers.co.uk/ like? I'm trying to find out a place I can play

Am I scum for using Eldar? I really like them

What's this? Two 40k gens? Well this one actually has a title.

I live inAberdeenSo no

man that did not work

There there user, you're from aberdeen so you're basically just retarded.

If you dig space elves, then yes, you are xenos-loving filth. Other than that, so long as you're not a cunt and don't make other players' experiences in games awful, keep on keeping on, dude.

Eldar are delicious, they're my favorite really.

So, the other night I was going across websites and ordered some sets of slave girls for my slaaneshi chaos warband, and as I was looking through 3rd party websites for good models of naked girls I found quite a few elven naked girls.

So, this brings up the question to me of what would happen if an eldar was taken captive by a chaos warband? I figured in a Slaaneshi warband the eldar captives would be sacrificed to slaaneshi demons/ slaanesh itself quite quickly- Or would they work hard to keep their hyper empathetic slave alive so they could torture and enjoy it the way the demons and slaanesh want to?

I tried searching for some answers, but all I can find is people talking about what happens to prisoners the eldar take, not what happens to eldar who are taken prisoner themselves.

Yes, but it's not your fault that you're scum, it's GW's fault. The best you can do is try your hardest not to be scum, but 100% of the time you're going to end up as scum regardless. Even if you take 120 Storm Guardians.

Xenology isn't cannon, but it's about the best you're going to get. When one was captured by the Inquisition, he locked up and barely interacted with anyone or anything. Just sat there, meditating, eating occasionally when food was provided. Never spoke. Since they're in the hands of a Slaaneshi warband, my guess is that they're going to neck themselves first chance they get if they aren't sacrificed quickly. The nature of soulstones isn't common knowledge unless you yourself are a Craftworld Eldar, so that's their best opportunity.

Dear god, someone else from this depressing grey shithole posts on here.

>playing Eldar
>not making others' experiences awful

Pick one. I mean unless you give all your opponents a beer and a blowjob, then I guess you could pick both.

>tfw edincucked

Aeldari are OP in general, but avoid Wraith and Scatbike spam and you avoid most of it.

What's the best way to field a Slaaneshi Daemon Prince?
I plan on converting the new Celestine model into one and I'd like some tips beforehand.

My apologies for not yet reading the codex but what is required of the reclaimation legion formation for necrons? GW is trying to shove a monolith in a box set deal and I don't recall needing one.

0-3 Monolith

That box set is exactly the same cost as buy the individual pieces separately btw.

Does the canon even matter in 40k? Im sure all the biology aspects of it are accurate. Its canon enough that everyone references it.

So, probably not on the Eldar slave girl, at least not for long. If stripped upon capture they'd attempt to get their soulstone back and then neck themselves upon getting it?

What if the eldar in question was from Cammorragh?

Aberdonians what is the low down on the GW shop in the city, is it decent or shit?
Can i bring my vajello paints and have them not freak out?

>Xenology isn't cannon

It is canon but the text in it is dubious because it's written by an in-verse lunatic. Goddamnit people.

From my experience its decent. They don't have any problems with conversions with different companies parts so I'm sure they won't care about what paint you use, although I've never painted in shop.

The Manager Scott is pretty nice guy who tends to give you free stuff from time to time. Really friendly and you can have a discussion about anything. Rich is also a nice guy whose pretty chill and will give decent advice about painting and army building.

They used to have a couple of dickheads as staff but they've left over the last few years. I'd recommend avoiding it on the weekend as its generally packed with kids. They have late night gaming on Thursdays as well.

But yeah, its a nice shop that I've been going to on and off for about a decade now. Never had a problem with Scott.

is there any other alternative in aberdeen to the GW shop?

Not to my knowledge. All the other places I know have shut down over the years.

There are multiple cases of slaaneshis collecting or even eating soulstones.

Cadians step off, the new Imperial Guard are here

I have a better question, what would the Dark Eldar do if they captured some Craftworld cousins

rate this shit tier list

Daemon or CSM version?

In my mono slaanesh Daemon army I've use him/her as a livining daemon spawning battery with 3 charges flying around trying to get some summons or cursed earths off to boost the horde of daemons running across the board. if you got the points pop a greater gift and get the lash for the 2d6 S user shooting, it's not the best in the world unless you go for Iron arm.

If you have CSM allies or a CSM army it's much the same, but instead of the lash you get the BBoS flamer which is hella fun to play around with. biggest plus is you get the spell famliar which makes him a beast, well worth the needed roll on the god table to get.

Both versions will cost you an arse load though, atleast 300+ points or so, I include mine for fluff reasons but it has a nasty habit of getting blown the hell out of the sky by Vendetta spam or flyrants so be warned.

/k/ pls go

>tating, eating occasionally when food was provided. Never spoke. Since they're in the hands of a Slaaneshi warband, my guess is that they're going to neck themselves first chance they get if they aren't sacrificed quickly. The nature of soulstones isn't common knowledge unless you yourself are a Craftworld Eldar,
There's a short story in Treacheries of the Space Marines that deals with an Iron Warrior who captures a bunch of soulstones and holds a story-telling competition between a bunch of other traitor legionnaires to see who gets them.

>hurrr muh operators
can you stop

High speed, low drag, and Newton's first law of motion means that no, no, he can't stop.

Same as they treat DE prisoners. All eldar still see eldar as people and everyone else as animals.

Of course, being DE, they might very well torture, rape and/or murder them because that's like saying 'hello' in Commorragh. But probably not enslave them, because I don't think they keep their own kind as slaves.

>There there user, you're from aberdeen so you're basically just retarded.

>be me
>live most of my life in england
>move to aberdeen for PhD
>get called retarded

welp

i kinda like it, the granite is cool, and the cairngorms give me a boner
Is nick the young loud one, 'cos he's a dick

Is there a specific reason you've taken a Lord Commissar over a Company Command Squad? Just curious is all.

I wouldn't recommend mixing the special weapons on the Veterans. I would also only take 2 weapons as you can only fire 2 from the Chimera. If you are going to use Plasma guns I'd also take Carapace armour too to make them slightly more survivable and also to help with Gets Hot!

The heavy weapon in your Platoon Command Squad is rarely going to fire if its in a Chimera. Its going to be snapshotting.

You could combine your infantry squads into one massive one. Means you'd only have to take one vox caster. You can add a commissar and make them stubborn or a priest to make them fearless and you could potentially add autocannons to make them a gun line. Could also add a Psyker with Prescience.

I would also not recommend mixed special weapons on the Tempestus Command Squad.

For the main detachment-
lose the flamers and nade launchers, take melta - put the heavy weapons team in a normal squad that isn't going to be in a chimera and doesn't need to be mobile and giving orders.
Lose all the vox casters, its totally pointless since you only have one person who can give orders, and he can't even give senior orders (the commissar cant give orders)
Don't take recovery gears, take dozer blades, they are much better at preventing immobilization and not taking that glance; recovery gears are far more niche
With the veterans don't mix special weapons - don't mix special weapons in any squad if you can help it.
It might be very worth your while either squeezing in a vanq, or a proper HQ (perhaps lose the platoon command chimera)

For the hellrain brigade, I'm not familar with what you have to take, but remember you have deepstrike with all these guys, so you might not need the taurox, also careful about mixing guns here. You'll find that commissar has little value with tempestus, so consider giving him some toy like a powerfist or plasma pistol

wait... i thought the craftworld eldar were different because of the soulstone nonsense, and the deldar don't have soulstones?
Does this mean its possible to corrupt a craftworld eldar to a pleasure-pain obsessed deldar?

I've not been there in a while user. I mostly dealt with Scott and Rich who are both decent.

I think I know who you're talking about and he mostly works on saturday where being loud is good for kids.

Last main dickhead I was dealing with was a miserable cunt with glasses that nearly stopped me from going.

>Is nick the young loud one, 'cos he's a dick
I know the guy you're taking about, he isn't a dick so much as a guy who probably does coke in the back room, and doesn't take his ADHD meds. He's a good painter but knows shit about the actual game.
It does make you wonder what they look for in GW employees

After painting termagaunts i realize that painting anything between the legs of a mini is a pain in the ass

the mold lines on that one

Should i give all my platoon command squads a flamer and my company command a flamer?

Also, is a grenade launcher worth on a normal guardsmen squad?

>take melta

I disagree with this. Melta should be on specialized squads (Veterans, Command Squads). You don't want to waste lasgun fire getting a couple of BS3 melta gun shots in. Its not worth it for just one Melta.

I'd say if he wants to take special weapons that he should take Flamers if he wants them to assault and get close, Grenade Launchers if he's taking autocannons for it and wants a 5pt small boost to firepower. But yeah, for the most part the special weapons for regular guardsmen aren't great.

No and No

Nade launchers are rubbish, and flamers are very situational, and your command squads are better off in the back, sniping and kiting and giving orders (unless you buff it out for something specific)

>for the most part the special weapons for regular guardsmen aren't great.
yeah this is true, if you want a special weapons squad, shell out for another group of vets

>Can i bring my vajello paints and have them not freak out?
In general is it okay to bring 3rd party paints to an official GW store?

i see, thank you user, any suggestion where i should spend those points on? Being two platoons and an heavy flamer its 20 points, or just 15 if i want to keep a simple flamer just in case someone decides to get too close my company command squad, also command squads cant be too much in the back, as the orders only have a reach of 12"

I have a healthy amount of respect for the humble grenade launcher.

I've lost a bloodthrister on the turn it deepstruck to those bastards massed.

He never even got to move... Fucking lawnchairs.

Adding flamers to PCS isn't a terrible idea. You can use them against hordes and as a counter attack unit. And its only 20 points.

I would never give flamers to a CCS. They should be out of combat for most of the time.

Grenade launchers are okay. Not great. Only useful if you want a small boost and are willing to pay 5 points. Not really worth it though.

what's your HQ have?

I'd probably just check before hand. For every good GW employee/manager there's likely 2 bad ones.

Most of the guys I've met are pretty chill but you never know.

Looks like a bunch of middle aged blokes chugging pints and Irn Bru. Would be worth at least tossing them a line and asking about 40k. I'm applying to do my MA up your ends so might follow on your tails in September user

Normal company command with camo and carapace

(OP)
I can't bother to check all the links, so you're probably have it. But in case someone still not:

> drive.google.com/file/d/0B86if2YrXDKbajJudlBGYzYzd0k/view
fall of cadia pdf

I use grenade launchers for units with autocannons or missile launchers, since what other weapon can I get to them that syncs in any way with those two and doesn't cost 3 times as much?

Probably try and bring them around to the deldar way of thinking through elaborate psychological torture.

>pdf

But nobody uses PDFs.

Every planet in the Imperium has one you dickweed

Cadia doesn't.

Thanks mate.

I'll be honest, I can't stand epubs.

tons of planets use PDF's

>
reboot when?

Yeah, but the Imperium's in technological regression. Soon they'll be all using Word documents. Ecclesiarchy already is.

Casual Slaaneshi List

the worst part about going from Blood Angels to nids is i now have tons of metalic paints i will never use along with blues and flesh tones

I would go camo or carapace, either one will likely give you a 4+

If the eldar was from Commoragh, you could potentially keep them indefinitely since they survive off pain. I'm sure there would be issues over time since you're keeping them out of the webway. They'd be looking to bail as soon as possible, of course; they're not fans of Slaanesh, and they'd rather not have their soul eaten.

The soul gets eaten upon death for a Dark Eldar anyway, doesn't it? They don't have soulstones.

What is armour?

Praise Slaanesh!

r8 and b8 m80s

Flamers on platoon command squads are good in a chimera. Don't waste the unit or the bs with company command squads. ccs is for plasma guns or a lascannon.

Grenade launchers are very okay. Take them in you have a small amount of points to spare. They pair nicely with autocannons or heavy bolters since they are all around the same strength and have the same ap.

not bad. for that many points though, you could've gotten 616 conscripts.

>He's a good painter but knows shit about the actual game.
yeah thats the guy. he recomemed putting eldard at the front of eldar units, becuase he has a 4++
>Last main dickhead I was dealing with was a miserable cunt with glasses that nearly stopped me from going.

jesus, what? is it story time?

Pretty good for an infantry based list, it might be worth it to break that into two platoons to get an extra order every turn, a second command squad would be another extra two orders as well. Could really help the infantry list, with no sergeant or vox caster you'd be shocked how hard it is to get an order off on a heavy weapon team.

It might be worth dropping one(and only one) of the las cannon teams down to autocannons: i have found tank hunter auto cannons are better for dealing wiht vechle squads (like other sentnles, dragoon etc), and they can pull double duty as anti-infantry

You will suffer vs guard:wyvens and heavy weapons squads basically counter everything you have here, and you have very little awnser to armour

It is too quiet we must make it loud

You should add your CCS to the vox network. I wouldn't take a medi-pack as they're going to be pretty fragile and will die to a stiff breeze. I like putting my CCS in a Chimera for a bit more survivability personally.

I take it the priest is either going with flamers combined squad or conscripts?

I take it you're going to be doing 2 combined squads for the infantry? One for flamers, one for grenade launchers? If that's the case I'd add some autocannons to the grenade launcher ones.

Your special weapons squad isn't legal. Rules say that they must take 3 special weapons.

I'm not a great fan of footslogging veterans. Seems like they'll die before making a difference. I'd definitely give them carapace to negate Gets Hot! and allow them to survive a bit more.

rate my list guys.

0/10

Can't take conscripts without infantry platoons

NotEnoughCommissarsForThatManyConscripts/10

low energy

ah, now that's the genius part. the commissar is the baneblade.

Truly, creed is in his element

is this what you wanted user? is it?

Ironically, a craftworlder would probably be treated far better thn a non-Eldar prisoner.

Like, Dark Eldar see everyone but Eldar as animals. They at least acknowledge craftworlders as fellow Eldar.

No priest or enough commissars. Do you even IG?

Ew, Glasgow ftw

>add Coteaz
>take Castellans of the Imperium
>all Conscripts get 33% chance o respawn and ObSec

DO IT

Its not a valid list.

AGREED!

RHANA DANDRA TIME LADS

I see, in this case, with the removal of command squads flamers and other stuff i have like 25 or more points left, where i should put them?

Yes user, now its legal.

What does your current list look like?