>Official /5eg/ Mega Trove v4b
mega.nz/#F!z8pBVD4Q!UIJWxhYEWy7Xp91j6tztoQ

>Pastebin with resources and so on:
pastebin.com/X1TFNxck (embed)

>/5eg/ Discord server
discord.gg/0rRMo7j6WJoQmZ1b

>5etools
5egmegaanon.github.io/5etools/5etools.html

Previous Thread: Thread Question: What's the best setting for a survival focused game?

1st for treant rangers

>What's the best setting for a survival focused game?
Dark Sun

>Dark Sun
5e update never

/thread

Are you implaying that a Hobgoblin battlemaster / ranger using whip from 25 feet away is a ranged character?

Bugbear.

Is it bad that I was thinking of making a bugbear rogue for an upcoming Storm King's Thunder game simply because having a 15 foot range is a lot better than getting destroyed in close combat?

Which giant lair in skt is the best?

I might choose for my players, cause you know, illusion of choice means I only need to read one chapter instead of 5 and only use 1.

What classes and mechanics from the other UAs have people been using?

So far we have used

>>Mariner fighting style
>>Gourmand feat because flavor is awesome
>>Revised Ranger because people want to actually play the class and were smart enough to say "Yeah this is a bit lacking"
>>Artificer/Alchemist is no my main character and im having an absolute blast playing him

Its a little easier to remember the more recent ones and I cant recall if Goliath started in the UA or not

Didn't use classes, but the revenant race from the gothic one is pretty fun. Makes for a good short, sweet character story. Once your mission is accomplished you die. No need to come up with "where are they now" shit once the campaign is over.

Why not just use a bow or crossbow?

Well, I think it really brings out a weakness in wizards that should really be there.

While wizards are capable of much greater feats than a martial, they have to be careful with when they choose to use their power. They can use their power to solve problems, but they have to hold back on using their power to solve everyday problems unless they use a low level spell/cantrip.

That's how it is by standard, and you can turn it up to SUPER SHOUNEN BOY SHOOTS LASERBEAMS AND WUXIA VERSUS SUPERMAN AND BATMAN if you wish, but 5e keeps it much more moderate by standard so not everybody has to suffer that shit.

Yes, they can.
>every single goat somehow knows that if they don't kill your party wizard when they start concentrating on a spell the world will perish
>100 goats appear every time the wizard attempts to cast a spell

What servant did you take/do you plan to take?

Already made a hand crossbow wielding rogue in an earlier campaign.
Variant human with Crossbow Expert and Sharpshooter.

Also wanted to play a monstrous race so might aswell take advantage of the extra 5 feet that bugbears get.

Giant Vulture and im packing a saddle of the Cavalier and the mounted combat feat to keep him alive. Its also thematically fitting the character [Plague Doctor]

>illusion of choice
When illusion of choice applies, it rarely is actually a choice and an enjoyable choice.

>you hit a crossroad. Go left or right?
>'I go left!'
>you end up at a graveyard
>'I go right!"
>you end up at a graveyard
All you did is waste the player's time. The players had no idea which route went where and so they can only argue over nothing until they reach a meaningless decision.

Heck, if you even said that one leads to the right side of a graveyard where all the nobles are and one leads to the left side of a graveyard where there's the groundskeeper's shed, they actually have a choice because they can then think 'Okay, do we want to go in on the left of the graveyard because we want to get into a building straight away, or do we want to start from the right?'

It depends on the situation, if it was like this user says, an animal intelligence thinking tactically, your DM is a shit. But anything with like 8 or better Int will at least know the guy wearing common clothes or leather will be easier to hit than the guy in full plate

Opinions?

What is the marraigable age in Faerun?

Mariner fighting style?

They're all good except for hill giant's hold

Depends on your party. If they're a bunch of murderhobos go frost. For people who are really into RP go cloud. If they're a bunch of sneaky-types Fire is good. Stone is a mix of murderhobos and sneakystuff

But just an FYI despite all your careful planning the players will probably do something you didn't plan on. What I do is pick the one you feel is most likely to be chosen by your players and memorize that chapter. Then glaze over the others because they're all pretty neat

If there's dust on the fairy, she's free to marry.

How effective are modern world bullets, tanks, missiles and other modern world armaments against the monsters from the MM and Volo's?

>>Waterbone adventures
>>If not in heavy armor or wearing a shield gain a swim speed and +1 to AC

With the disparity in maturity rates of all the races I doubt they have one singular age of consent.

Thanks dude.

>Hit on elf at bar
>Her friends slap you, she's only 60 you freak

Is level 1 dip into warlock going to hurt me much as a bard?

Lemme explain the situation
>DM is one of those "killing my players is winning" DM's.
>Yes, I know I can leave, but I've got nothing else to do, he's my IRL friend, i've talked to him about it, and besides those things, there are no other groups I can join because of social fuckery
>Back to the point, we're in a town in a campaign
>Earlier in the campaign, Asmodeus, my patron, me being a fiend pact warlock, gave me a gift
>I can, in exchange for a soul, summon demons/devils, sort of a teleportation spell through two dimensions
>Can only do this at certain locations of power, the spell has a very exacting set of requirements in order to be utilised
>There's one of these locations of power in the middle of a town, in the sandbox in the local playpark
>i'm going to summon one of the more knowledgeable creatures out of hell to help us out with what we need to do for the next stage of our quest, we're stuck and the DM is either not giving us hints or we're not picking them up
>No animals in this town, it's in the middle of a desert
>Soul should reasonably be from one of the town's inhabitants.
>We're not awful, we decide it should be someone who's going to hell anyway
>Wait on the gallows
>Ask to buy one of the prisoners
>Try and convince the guard to sell to us
>"No, you're a member of a demon cult, guards, arrest them"
>We have literally given away nothing to these people, we dress like aristocracy, we haven't used any magic, we've been in town two days
>The DM is looking smug through this entire bit
>We complain and ask him to explain himself
>Doesn't
>He knew my plan but nobody in the game did.
>Bastard

>A solar's not even that strong.
>The solar would probably get wrecked by two missiles, though.
How true is this?

Are you talking about pubic hair?

Well, sucks. How do you fix it?

No I'm talking about fairies.
Jeez.

The tavern owners daughter is 13 . Shes cute and want to know if shes marraigable

Fire or Stone looks good for them then, at least if these characters survive or the player's styles maintain through all their characters, they haven't even left Nightstone yet so I have time to read them all to be honest. Its not like they will get to that point in 1 session

/pfg/ get out.

That kinda sounds like shit user. I can only assume the guards are paladins or something for that to make sense. Either way he's punishing you for trying to follow the story.

I'd not play.

Either really very effective or not at all base on how mythic you want the game to be.

In principle anything humanoid should die from one or two bullets and no natural creature should be able to survive a missile. Modern tank rounds would blow anything apart with a direct hit, or rather turn them to paste if it's a sabot round, up to and including Tarrasques and godly manifestations (Tiamat, Orcus etc.)

OR, large and magical creatures have that fantasy-film resistance to bullets that lets them chase the heroes around despite taking multiple second-long bursts of automatic fire (looking at you, T-Rex in Peter Jackson's King Kong) and explosives burst harmlessly on their hide so that the only way to fight them off is to take up the sword.

Ultimately, the only answer is depends on the setting.

Isn't tarassque immune to non magical weapons?

Run away with her to the far north. Start a home and family in a new tavern in the snow. Nobody questions your relationships in the North.

Probably not.

I normally wouldn't encourage this, but Pathfinder has the deity just for you, pal!

Don't Orcus and Tiamat have Damage Immunities necrotic, poison; bludgeoning, piercing, and slashing that is nonmagical

At that, nonsilvered bullets can't hurt lycanthropes

>You hear Steve's fucking a penguin?
>It's too cold for me to give a shit.

That's fucking disturbing.

>be 100 year old elf
>too much of an autist to court my own race
>start dating a 20 year old human
>Elf family looks at me with disgust
>Fuck them I know I'm not a pedo

Why me , you fuck.

Wasn't there a mask in pathfinder that let you make babies with other races?

What the fuck happened in Pathfinder? Are they all paedos and sheep-fuckers?

>favoured weapon: net

I dunno, a depleted uranium dart travelling several times the speed of sound seems pretty magical to me.

But you do have a point. Ignoring those specific examples then, tanks would at least be effective up to ancient dragons.

>Furs etc join system
>they make content for said system
>system gets reputation for furs etc
>furs etc hear about this, join system

>hey user, your a good warlock to Asmodeus, let me give you this cool reward
>but nah you can't use it when it could help you beat me

To make these creatures nigh unkillable, just give them resistance or immunity to nonmagical attacks (this is something that Tiamat, Orcus and their ilk already have).
Tiamat also has Regen 30!! and Discorporation.

I'd say the best thing to do is make sure other players are on your side so you can all discuss the bullshit with the DM.

Even if it continues, you're not alone.

Like ants leaving a pheromone trail... nature is horrifying

Only 13?
That's legal by most medieval standards.

Reminds me of that anime where they give a bunch of elves rpg's and take out an ancient dragon.
With a helicopter since the elves fucked up the blowback.

Explain to your friend that he doesn't have rules like you do.
He's got infinite resources.
Beating you isn't something that's hard to do. And it's not the point.

Unless your DM pulls fantasy bullshit on levels I absolutely detest 'This creature can't be harmed at all by anything but silver!' then the tank beats pretty much everything.

What do you guys think of the homebrew herb+alch rules?

so. could you roll a paladin/cleric that is completely devoted to the cause of pedophilia?

I'm going to session 3 Thursday and my players still haven't met harshnag. I prefer to build up the whole "Giants are fucking ruining everything" before revealing the cause

What are the dice you like using most?

I think I want some new dice just to spice things up, any good places to order from?

to be honest yeah, offer her dad a dowry, make an offer he can't refuse

Why's that?

Because I thought your post was aimed at the tavern owners daughter one, so I quoted both.
To be fair and on a more serious note, it's a demonic demigod from a splat book that features very minor deities devouted to very specific kinds of atrocities, wrongdoings and bad aspects of human nature, unlike more general all-encompassing kind of evil deities like Tharizdun, Nerull and so forth. Taxe Cixyron for example, a personification of harmful effects of the industrial revolution like pollution and so on. I think both have rights to exist as antagonists (which they are intended as), and even though some might be considered a bit "edgy", I personally wouldn't be turned off by having to fight with pedocultists and whatnot. If anything, fighting some demon harbringer cult is probably more interesting than having to deal with yet another apocalyptic order.

wouldn't demon harbinger cult sort of fall into apocalyptic cult. i mean, demons tend to have fairly obvious plans for the world, generally related to either destroying or ruling it.

What level did you start at? I started the group at level 1 cause two of the four players are pretty new. I honestly don't expect them to meet Harshnag for at least a month or two of weakly play.

>be 40yo human
>shack up with a halfling gal
>SICKO
>wtf she's twice my age

so, if those societal expectations were in place, would that mean that like, 1st century elves all act like toddlers but in a fully grown elf body?

5. I was taking over as DM after one of the others did LMoP. We were adding s couple players and I'd been prepping for SKT for a while so it made sense. I'm actually enjoying DMIng more than playing.

We ended last session after spending an hour gambling on the Grand Dame in Yartar. I can't wait to see their faces come chapter 9 and 10!

No.
Elves are considered ''adults'' at 100 the same way Spartans were ''adults'' at age 30.
It's a cultural thing.
They are fully mature at age 21.

Heck, the age of consent in the Vatican is 12!
no, really
it comes from the time yonks ago when the Vatican copy-pasted all of Italy's laws, and Italy's AOC way back when was 12 because that's just what you did when half of everyone died before they were 20

So how does mounted combat work?
Is it basically on my turn, the mount also gets an action and a movement action? So I can move the mounts speed, dash the mounts speed then still have my characters action, movement and bonus?
How does it work if the creature has its own initiative?

In Austria it's 13 and below that with parrents approval.

>tfw furries infect your game system and cause a giant fungal growth to burst out of its head and spread its spooge-spores which infect others as well

No.
You use the multiclass spell-slot table and gain an additonal 2 warlock spell slots per short rest as well.

>you get a good shot off on the dragon but then it just lands on the tank

Well, depending on the deity their cause wouldn't necessarily be the end of times itself, that would be more of a possible side-effect.
Demonic harbringers aren't really suited for massive cults with a global objective, they're fairly petty and many are based on certain phobias like fear of falling, fear of aging or this one.

>1st century elves all act like toddlers but in a fully grown elf body
All elves act like toddlers, user.

It often serves to narrow down possibilities to 'Only the hero can save us now!' which feels.. I just don't like it.

I like the idea of even commoners having a chance, not just the heroes. Even if they're not much, they can at least try to stab an orc with a spear for a 1d6. Even if the commoners are likely to route and end up slaughtered by an aggressive orc onslaught into a millitia of peasntry, I like that they actually have a chance and that a player can drive them to victory if they play right.
I don't like it when it turns into 'Well, okay, they're all just background fodder characters that you're either trying to save or that will buy you time. You go do it all by yourself, because you're a hero'.

So, say, you have a creature that can only be hurt by X. That narrows you down to being able to do nothing but use X. What if somebody wanted to get creative and try using Y? You can barely reason with why it wouldn't hurt them in the first place - Are they immune to non-X attacks because they're enchanted by a god? Because of bullshit genetics? Just because?

I can understand there being some complications tanks might face. How do they beat an ethereal enemy? But you can then see that the army with the tank can develop anti-ethereal methods - Maybe a faraday cage type set-up keeps ethereal beings out. Maybe if you blast them with enough microwave radiation is causes the force animating the ethereal to disperse.

God I hate the 'one man beats an army' shit.

so they would just pull the world down into fearful inconveniences and disgusting crimes?

You don't use multiclass spell slot when multiclass with warlock. Warlock doesn't have spell casting class feature, they have pact magic.

I like the "only the hero can save us now" trait when the hero is fucking dead and the populace dies hopeful. Softens the blow.

So basically they keep their own spell table and gain warlock slots.
Damn that's just asking for abuse.

Granted a lone tank can't beat anything, but a modern army should be able to solve any threats such as undead and the like and finally overcome things unless you start bringing in bullshit god powers.

As for dragons, considering a mounted machinegun will probably do in the realms of several times the damage of an arrow with better accuracy at range and with many more hits per second, a 5e dragon's AC and health will hardly hold out more than a round if it's lucky.

>It can only be harmed by silver
>But hero, only you have a silvered sword.
>Just fucking load up all your good jewelry and tea sets into this canon, we'll be fine.

>Nalmungder
Why does that sound vaguely racist?

Even peasant armies should be able to solve threats like the undead. Skeletons are fucking dumb.

also
>not having bullet-resistant dragonscales
lmao
arrows do damage when they're lucky and well-aimed enough to slip between some gap
the wild spray of your machine gun just makes nice sparks and ricochet noises

>It can only be slain by a virgin
>Hero goes off to stab the lich, red-faced the whole time
>Entire town smirking as he rides back with the head of the lich in tow

It starts with N
rhymes with MAL, which means bad
and contains the word MUNG which is a disgusting sex act
it's pretty much the worst name

???

Bard 5 / Warlock 1 would have the spell slot of Bard 5 (+2 seperate slot from Warlock). It's the same thing as when you multiclass with 0-magic peasant like rogue or fighter.

Oh ok that makes sense, which of the chapter 2 cities did you do?

>bullet resistance but not arrow resistance
Yeah, right. That just sounds like the DM bullshitting you saying 'Oh no, you aquired a game-breaking weapon. Well, all enemies from now on have magical anti-bullet shields, because I said so.'

Triboar for a number of reasons:

>it's centrally located
>the giant attack there was more interesting
>it's near Yartar, which I really wanted to foreshadow because the "rolling investigate to figure out where the coin is from" is dumb and anti-fun
>the plot hooks are interesting
>it fed from LMoP well

Overall it was a good choice. Thought about doing Bryn Shander but it seemed like it was too far out of the way from everything and sort of restricted the players a little more

No one is gonna care hes a virgin. Virginity could be a choice and he can show his manliness and worthiness by other means like slaying a lich.

Enough gambling to feasibly fund Khaspere's plans a significant amount?