Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

Future generations edition. Who are you fighting for? Why does your characters do the things they do? Have you protected what you merely borrowed from the next generation? Or did you squander it?

>THIS IS IMPORTANT!
If you want build advice make sure to say what 3pp you can use, if any.
>THIS IS IMPORTANT!

Unified /pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/JTj1yEmU

Avowed Playtest 1:
drive.google.com/open?id=0B5HkyGRtGZy3SWVhdWFBWERWWjg
Avowed Playtest 2: docs.google.com/document/d/1rV7kaF9JL2gw9xQalkEnlEDL9WXtbsaCqNABm_pLIgc/edit?usp=sharing
Malefex Playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1W3LrE8WyIxxYRr8d9dHsWioeUk_-HZaSMqVWRnzc9Fc/edit?usp=sharing
Legendary Kineticists II Playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/11_w1o5dSef2tzu2GDLnJKElHY3uyETzuzFHDAjI6P6k/edit?usp=sharing
Spheres of Might preview: docs.google.com/document/d/1aLaYQEFAWU4zQBx58boJPPaySLgJc0Emmw9eKyIJeGI/

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

d20pfsrd.com/occult-adventures/occult-classes/kineticist/archetypes/paizo-llc---kineticist-archetypes/dark-elementalist-kineticist-archetype
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Want to DM a game
>No one would like my house rules
>No one would like my setting
>Give up

Post it. You wont.

Hello /pfg/, which 1pp class is the best for TWF?

Slayer

Unchained Barb, Fighter, Slayer, Rogue, Warpriest, Inquisitor... Anything you want really

What kind of TWF? There's brawlers get it for free for close weapons group and their fists, monks can use their flurry with monk weapons, UC rogues are going to dump everything into dex anways, fighters get every single feat ever and have a few archetypes that specialize in two weapons.

Post both and let us decide.
A vocal part of the community here seems to enjoy lewd campaigns, futa, traps, magical girls and other absolute degeneracies. Whatever you've come up with literally can't be worse.

Don't forget about the new AWT option for Fighter which lets them treat one-handed weapons as light weapons for TWF.

>twf twf falcatas

As surreal as it was to type that

I like the two bladed sword a lot, even if i have to burn a feat on it, so i was trying to build a character on that

Our group is currently in the process of securing a percentage of a mine's profits monthly, possibly for perpetuity.

As stated, a lot of folk here like shit that is absolutely awful. You couldn't possibly make something worse.

Unchained Rogue except for the lack of move-and-full-attack options. If you can solve that problem, they're the best at it.

Well, there are sword type monk weapons and fighter like I did say which gives you access to not only a million feats but also and the TWF archetype.

What a nice, productive way to start the thread. No salt at all. This is nice. Keep it together, user.

What are some ways to dual wield two-handed weapons? I know that Aegis with Greater Extra arms can pull it off. That's a bit... lame, though. There's also getting the Powerful Build trait somehow, but I guess that just lets you wield one size category larger, so you can be Guts.

Give it to me straight /pfg/

How shit is the Dark Elementalist Kineticist

Literally what?

d20pfsrd.com/occult-adventures/occult-classes/kineticist/archetypes/paizo-llc---kineticist-archetypes/dark-elementalist-kineticist-archetype

Why is it such a pain in the ass to play a prepared caster? I need to keep track of all of these spells and pearls of power...

There has to be a better way to do this.

It's shit, user.
Sorcerer?

But you can't have a spontaneous Warpriest.

>invited to play a lewd game
>has custom vore system
>want to optimize, but unfamiliar with vore system
>have no character ideas whatsoever

Being a degenerate is hard.

Its strange, but ok I guess.

Okay so if I'm a Roil Dancer and say a KoP Cerebral Kineticist/any other archetype that changes what stat I use, is my initiation modifier still Constitution regardless of what I use for DC's and damage?

Can lewedposters go and stay go? Go hang out in an ERP general.

>yfw Dragons turned into a Harem anime

Zevorykalyukanar
Lameeka
Astarte
Atolm
Freyda
Celisse

Was the final roster, five girls. One tiny guy

Speaking of closed games, did Pendragon choose already?

>Damn it, she was cool. I'll be taking her ideas

We're not going anywhere user. You're stuck with us forever!

What are you talking about? Who are those people/characters?

What happened in the last month?

Since you mention Powerful Build, I'm going to assume that third party feats are available. The Stupendous Strength feat from Dreamscarred Press's Monster Class: Savage Races I is what you need:

STUPENDOUS STRENGTH (COMBAT)
Your massive strength allows you to wield equally
massive weapons.
Prerequisites: Str 17, base attack bonus +1.
Benefit: You can wield normally two-handed weapons
as one-handed weapons, and normally one-handed
weapons as light weapons. When wielding a weapon in
this manner, you treat it in all ways as being that type of
weapon, rather than a weapon of its normal handedness.
In addition, you do not take the normal –2 penalty on
attack rolls while employing a tower shield, and can
make shield bash attacks with tower shields as if they
were heavy shields.
For example, if you wield a greatclub as a one-handed
weapon, you would only add your Strength modifier to
damage rolls, rather than 1-1/2 your Strength modifier,
and you would not gain additional damage from using
a two-handed weapon if you used the Power Attack feat.
Special: If you possess the Prodigious Two-Weapon
Fighting feat from Path of War: Expanded, its effect
stacks with this feat, allowing you to wield a normally
two-handed weapon in your off hand as a light weapon.

Prodigious Two-Weapon Fighting (Combat)
Your great physical might allows you to wield two large
weapons with ease.
Prerequisites: Str 13.
Benefit: You may fight with a one-handed weapon in
your offhand as if it were a light weapon. In addition, you
may use your Strength score instead of your Dexterity
score for the purpose of qualifying for Two-Weapon
Fighting and any feats with Two-Weapon Fighting as a
prerequisite.

Enjoy!

There's been about 7 different games advertised in the last month in /pfg/.

As lewd content was suggested, most of the games were oversubscribed - by /pfg/goers, no less, and thus as live coverage was going on in the thread many people were particularly invested in getting in as it became a popularity/meritorious competition of who could get the DMs attention the most.

There Be Fuckable Dragons was one of said games.

... Why? The timing seems weird. Why has there been so much lewedposters recently?

Can't you go wank before you post?

We have, we're ready for round 2 tho.

Very cool, thank you!

The initial thing that happened was someone said they were going to run a high powered DSP/SOP allowed game with the module RoTJR: Return of The Jedi: Remastered, better known as Rise of the Jade Regent in 2 months time, and a good chunk of people started making applications well in advance. People started swapping ideas and thinking "wouldn't it be cool if..." and putting together highly optimised characters which /pfg/ started meming on hard, and so on, but the game was still miles away.

To capitalise on this glut of interest, 3-4 other campaigns started advertising for players - most picked up a lot of players fast but some decided to give a few weeks or months of advertising for people to get some real quality applications with full length backstories packed to the brim with hooks and characterisation.

And the original, RoTJR has only recently closed its application doors.

RAW yes. RAI ask your DM.

I would play in your game user.

Here's to hoping something else crops up in the fallout of RotJR

>Didn't apply to RotJR
>Was only a runner up to Dragon
>HV closed too fast
>Have basically lost all interest in Fluffy

I just wanted to be a big damn hero and have sweaty, adrenaline filled victory fucking or monster rape

I would offer but I have 4 games I'm currently running and a fifth I'm holding applications for.

>>Have basically lost all interest in Fluffy
Why would you do that? There's plenty of fun things happening in Fluffy!

After being basically promised a slot, watching the other applicants has taken a very different perspective

>Trying to flesh out setting more
>Drawing a massive blank on what information is needed.
>Start wondering if I'm staying into "too much information" territory

What are the players likely to hit soon?

I take it there's no way to increase the range on the the Roil Dancers maneuver blasts, right? I'm stuck with 30 feet.

They haven't played in it yet. I'm building it while they play through another setting I built a while ago.

I want to have the upcoming game for this setting take place in only one country, so I should flesh out that country the most, but then what if people want to come from another country but that one is very sparse in detail?

let them come up with some details!

I was planning to.

One player has helped immensely in fleshing out the culture of the nation his character will be hailing from, so I'm hoping the others will do so as well.

So these are some good things to have:
-Who is in charge?
-What is the average person like?
-A rough timeline of the most important events in living memory.
-A rough map of the place.

You probably have all of that already though.
The most important things for a campaign are:
-Who do I get/give money to as an adventurer? Why?
-What can I do in my spare time?
-What do I normally do (magic, weapon holding) that would be illegal?

Stuff like that.

Just because you're running a trap character doesn't mean you should rest on your laurels! That slot's also open for shotas!

Range increment, user.
Not range limit.

You can throw further, but would just take penalties.

Also Extended/Extreme Range should probably work with that RAI even though it's not RAW.

Look man, I'm in this thread because I want to have an adventure. If I wanted to sit around and have cute sex, I'd be in f-list. I don't currently foresee much adventure happening in Fluffy at all, so I have little interest

Maps and timelines. Those are things I could work on.

Now if only I was artistically inclined, I could make some really nice looking maps, but c'est la vie, I will do what I can.

Thank you, user.

Google Inkarnate

I've tried using that before, I wasn't really able to get the kind of gradients that were shown in the example pictures. Probably takes a long time, but players deserve nice maps, so I'll try it again.

But why did you apply for a kingmaker game if you wanted adventure and you don't particularly like it?

In particularly, if you're guaranteed a slot, isn't that kind of arrogant, if you're going to half-ass it?

I'd like to run a game for a friend of mine, possibly I'd need some pfg recruits. But to be honest, I find DM'ing online really difficult to do. I've run some adventure paths RL before and those were fun times, however the workload for running online is way bigger, and AP's sort of suck to begin with, so the format seems to make them worse. Do the Paizo AP's just suck, and seem boring? I've checked out some of the third party ones but most seem structured in a way that barely makes sense.

A) You can have political adventuring and maneuvering, I just don't think that's going to get off the ground, depending on the group selected
B) I applied without knowing I had a slot
C) I'm holding out hope that Kon Kon manages to actually make a cohesive group that isn't just lusting for smut

I hate DMing online, but my group is made up of people from across the world.

I like how I can just hand draw a map when I DM in person and people use minis and everything goes well, but online, people always want highly detailed maps.

It's very slow too. Whenever I read AP's it seems like the start is purposefully made to be as boring as possible. You start reading through the encounters and find multiple CR 1 or 2 fights with 2-3 identical shitty monsters and it feels totally pointless.

>Fluffy Tails
>Kingmaker

The first book is always designed to bore you near to death, they very rarely have good plot design or memorable encounters or hell, even loot. The only APs that approach an interesting first act is Rise of the Runelords, Giantslayer and MAYBE Jade Regent, the rest are groan zones.

That said, APs really become exceptional by Book 4, when encounters are varied, the plot is moving along, treasure is special and the campaign utilizes interesting mechanics; Kingmaker, Reign of Winter, Jade Regent and more really become incredible by Book 4 or early 5.

What this teaches us is Level 9 is the true start of high adventure.

Well, what else would a party of fluffy mostly girls do with each other if not for kingmaking?

Grooming and tail braiding

Book 1 of Jade Regent is SO FUCKING BORING.

Which AP has the most boring book 1?

Brinewall Castle is COOL!

In comparison to the rest of the AP? Jade Regent.

The boringest overall? Hell's Vengeance.

Sure, but everything prior to the spoopy skellies in the cave is BORING.

The answer is always council of thieves.

It sounded like there would be a lot adventures in The First World, no?

Getting kidnapped by fae, forever lost in a maze of unearthly pleasure beyond the hedge

The spoopy Ossifers should be found by Session 3, user! They aren't exactly far from the book start!

The fact the only answer to that is "cute haremshit" is evidence enough that the campaign will have problems.

It took my group only 2 hours to get to Licktoad village and kill most of the goblins before having to flee the village towards Walthus's house (after saving him earlier).

I don't think Book 1 is going to last very long for us.

Skull & Shackles. God help you if your DM decides to make you roll for every day's ship work.

>tfw Walthus could be replaced by a very lonely witch and it would change nothing

Yo, /pfg/, Dungeon Defense user here.

Got the Eberron setting book; where would be a good place to start looking into to set the game? I'm wanting to allow the PCs to be any non-monsterous race under the assumption of being a "lesser demon lord", and have some land like a castle, lair, or town. Where would be a good place in Eberron to start looking into? Also, would people feel put off from playing core races? I don't want that, knowing the most popular races in /pfg/ are humans and then tieflings. I kinda don't want it to be /super/ edgy, with people playing abominations and stuff. I know race restrictions are a sensitive subject here and am wondering if I could get input.

>demon lords game
>there's an area called "The Demon Wastes"
Really makes you think.

Man, I just got the book. No need to shitpost about it.

>The Demon Wastes
>Literally a region of unwashed Barbarian tribes just begging for a great leader to unite them

Really activates the sodium/potassium pumps.

I was trying to post this in the D20 forums, but then I realized that they don't have a place for game discussion, so I came here.

I made this tarot card character creation system a few years ago because I was inspired by the Ogre Battle tarrot reader creation at the start of the game.

Take any 78-card tarot deck and separate the major arcana from the minor. Shuffle the Major arcana and place them all face down in two rows of eleven cards, to make it feel more mystical. Have a player pick six cards, each card adds +1 to three stats (except Wheel of Fortune and The World) and unlocks a playable class. Hybrid Classes can be taken if the player possesses the arcana of both of the parent classes, like having both the XVII The Star (Fighter) and XI Justice (Gunslinger) to play as a Swashbuckler.

Sorry, instinct. But yeah, you want to set it in Khorvaire because that's where most of the stuff happens, and the best places to set some ebil stuff in Khorvaire is The Demon Wastes, The Shadow Marches, Darguun, Droaam, or The Mournlands. The Shadow Marches is Orc Swamp, Darguun is Gobbos, Droaam is ruled by Hags, and The Mournlands is an irredeemable shithole. Read up on The Demon Wastes.

Of course, if the classes listed aren't to your liking, you can change out any class for one that's not listed as long as they have a similar feel. If the characters seem low powered to you, feel free to hand out some bonus stat points in

Two of my friends I used to game with were very superstitious, and I didn't even know about it until I started this whole thing. When my DM Mentor heard I was making a character creation system using tarot cards he showed actual fear and concern, telling me the tarot would take over my life, and that I shouldn't mess with fate. After I told him I was just using the major arcana he calmed down and admitted that would make whatever anyone drew nonsense.

The day I was going to DM came around, and I revealed to everyone how they were going to make characters for the game. The Dean, Mario, and Dervish Dancer were excited to try it, My Mentor was still a little unsure, and The Face just kinda laughed and rolled with it. The game went on for an hour or two when The Dean managed to set off a booby-trapped package due to his unmitigated curiosity, killing Dervish Dancer and The Face in a fiery explosion. I started up my creepy mystical music and told them to draw again.

The Face went first and proceeded to draw the exact same cards in the exact same order as he did the first time barring the last card. On the first card The Face acted exasperated that he drew the same one as last time and everyone laughed. On the second draw, his nonchalant demeanor started to crack, he asked “Dude, what is this?” and in response The Dean and Mario got exited, Dervish Dancer became confused, and My Mentor was in a mix of awe and anticipation. The Face drew the third card and the entire table erupted into chaos. The Face completely lost his cool shouting “No! This is not okay!” he threw down the cards and then pointed at me and said loudly,” See! This is why I don't mess with any of this fortune telling bullcrap!” all the while The Dean and Mario were ecstatic, Dervish Dancer couldn't believe it, and My Mentor was yelling something like, “It's fate! You have to be the same character!” meanwhile I'm laughing my fat ass off like some kind of super villain behind a cardboard screen. We just got progressively louder and more thrilled as the next two cards were flipped till finally the last one was different. Then we all went back to yelling as the first four cards The Dean drew turned out to be the last four cards he drew the first time backwards.

My Mentor and the The Face, said they would never do it again, The Dean and Dervish Dancer were both really weirded out, and Mario just wanted to keep playing the game. It ended a few hours later with a crashed airship, Mario being the only survivor.

That's the story of how my tarot system freaked out three of my friends who then forbid me from ever using it again.

I for one would be fine with doing something along the lines of "a powerful demon requires a proxy, and so infuses a mortal with a portion of their essence to carry out his profane will" to justify having a member of a core race that has a lot of clout amongst demons and such. Like an appointed lieutenant that isn't involved with the political intrigue going on in the multiple layers of the planes and is as loyal as evil followers get, given enough freedom to basically do whatever they want so long as they further their lord's interests.

Does /pfg/ prefer to start their games at level 1?

Wouldn't that mean every core race member should take Avowed?

Not if given the option to avoid doing so

I prefer level 9, but level 3 is the standard starting level for local Pathfinder campaigns.

No, /pfg/ hates games that start at level 1, and for good reason. Rusty Dagger Shanktown isn't just a meme.

Everyone gestalts with Avowed (Fiend)?

See, that's what I'm worried about. I'm not actually sure how to structure this game without players feeling thematically restricted by the premise.

>Hey, your app wasn't good enough, but I still liked your stuff
>So I'm going to take your ideas and give them to the others
>Thanks, now get lost
I wonder if the player even gave permission

Wouldn't work. Avowed power can't be taken back.
The power granted by a patron is basically just an initial spark that by jump-starting your powers awakens them. It's not something you only keep as long as you're doing your work, and it can even often follow down bloodlines; great grandpa got you to hook his cables up to his soul, and now his great grandkid has powers based on yours and there's fuck-all you can do about it.

It's- it's called fluff guys.. you don't need to have every single person who makes a deal with the devil be an Avowed X. And if I remember correctly (which I could be totally wrong about since I read the previous posts about this campaign at something like 4 in the morning) this was supposed to have a ridiculously high point buy and be a gestalt campaign so the characters are already way above and beyond any regular human being.

Compare it to the Succubus' profane gift or the Demoniac's Demonic Boons. Your entire character doesn't suddenly change just because you have a demonic sponsor.

>implying I'm not being salty vicariously

Salt is still salt

Speaking of salt:

My dm got pissed when i tried to destroy a ceiling with an adamantium weapon. How do i get him to relax?