Connected to SeattleNet...

>Welcome back to /srg/, chummer
>Last Viewed Files:
>Armored_Fashion_2077.trid
>Spy_Toys_Catalog.sim
>Social_Hacking.knwsft
>Bribing:_How_to_know_what_to_pay.sklsft

Personal Alerts
* Your Current Rep Score: 325 (87% Positive)
* You have 1 new private message, titled 'Yo chummer, turns out someone robbed that one A Corp in your vicinity. Seems that they only noticed now'
* Your Chummer > Tools > Options books list has been unchecked github.com/chummer5a/chummer5a/releases
* Cloud File Storage: pastebin.com/SsWTY7qr
* Running Invisible.BTL...

>Shoot straight
>Conserve ammo
>And never, ever cut a deal with a dragon

Professional Edition

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/fsqpsESi
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hatred_(video_game)
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Aw, man, and I had Freaky Girlfriend Edition ready to go too.

I got cop edition up 12 seconds after this. We've got a pile-up!

Are you professional killers in it for the money, or for the love of their work?

Asking because I didn't get an answer last thread: why exactly are AIs such shit hackers in 5e? I have looked at Data Trails, but can't quite see what makes them shit at hacking. Also, is an AI rigger viable?

I'm in for the Money, but killing is often way too noisy, for my taste.

My streetsam is running the violent side of the shadows because he really doesn't know how to do anything else. His two previous careers were soldier and cartel mercenary, and before that he was just a kid toiling under the hot sun on the family farm in Aztlan.

I'm in it because those damn dirty technomancers ruined my life and stole my family from me. Crime-money is the only thing keeping me alive, and the crime gives me a chance to get back at them.

AI hacking leaves you open to a lot of biofeedback, because they have no good way to protect themselves and they're always hotsim. And if you get disrupted, it permanently cripples you.

So they're glass cannons, but not enough cannon to be worth the glass.

I'm also pretty sure they can't use programs like a decker can, which gives them less flexibility

I am in this to impress my friend at Ares so I can get into the family. But don't tell the other runners.

Okay, I phrased that weird.

I ain't

They don't have the raw power of a decker or the flexibility of a technomander. Per RAW you can't even use Diagnostics to act like a pseudo-Machine Sprite. Literally the best thing you can do with an AI is use Exceptional Entity and jack your charisma up to 13 and dump absolutely everything else, including Depth, to just cheerlead people and bruteforce your way into being a face.

Honestly, a Free Sprite would probably be a better choice for an AI PC.

Post guns that work as Shadowrun guns please.

My understanding from Data Trails is that they can run less programs because they take up program slots on their own cyberdecks. That said some of these advanced programs look really nice.

They all suck. Every last one of them. Especially since their very presence racks up an OS score like no tomorrow.

I'm actually interested how you chummers act.
Have been playing for around two months and dont have much examples of proper runners.

They're making a carbine version with an extended rail and handguard now too. Pretty slick looking.

Except for the rigger ones, but those aren't relevant to the discussion at hand anyways.

Whoops, meant to link that to
Anyhow, a lot of runners don't have a fully functional moral compass but, if you'll allow me to extend the navigation metaphor, still manage to find their way by astronavigation.

Man, I wish assault cannons were better.

Don't we all

Ever since Robocop I've wanted to just fire a huge fuck-off cannon at stuff from point blank range. But no, they have to be white elephants and outclassed by smaller guns anyway.

I could work if there was special Assault-Cannon only ammo that gave it more AP or something. As it is, every new bullet which works for the AC is better in a sniper.

>But no, they have to be white elephants
>White elephants: a possession that is useless or troublesome, especially one that is expensive to maintain or difficult to dispose of.
Well there's an idiom I've never heard before.

So if a character has an AI girlfriend at chargen, does he have to have purchased the drone she lives in? Does he have to have the Dependant quality? Both? Neither? And how much does it cost to outfit a drone with orifices that an AI gets "pleasurable" feedback from?

now that I think about it for 5k you can get semi-automatic grenade launcher that deals 32 DV and double tap Baret can do =16AP. Why would someone ever use Assault Cannon?

What? Every runner team needs a little element of comic relief.

I would put it at the 6 Karma Dependent; it's a live-in girlfriend that regularly but not always puts time commitments on you and gets in your business, and the 20% lifestyle markup covers keeping a realistic drone in good repair. and buying industrial-strength maid outfits

My decker in it for the money, certainly, and he is a professional, but he's hardly a cold-blooded killer at this point.
He takes efforts to minimize loss of life, including using gel rounds against low-intensity enemies (basic security guards, that sort of thing) and even mostly stuns hostile deckers with biofeedback attacks.

His explanation is that he finds dropping lots of bodies while working messy and that eventually causes long-term problems, but the truth of it is he takes no particular joy in killing and if possible would rather not kill anyone at all during runs; he's a professional who takes pride in his work but he's out there to make money and live a life, not get people killed.

I think I can speak for a lot of people here when I say that waifus are never funny.
The reason is that you're going to get hooked on the AI girlfriend yourself, and you're going to feel that the "cute" interactions between your character and their AI girlfriend are funny and heartwarming when the rest of the group doesn't.
I've seen it a lot of times, and it never ends well. It's too easy for people to get nonconstructively attracted to waifu characters, and making them yourself risks causing drama because you're cramming your own tastes in there.
If you want to do it for the sake of the character, write the character's tastes to be different from yours, and reduce the specialness quotient of the cyber-waifu by making it a drone running a personafix or something else that isn't inevitably going to end in you derailing the game with that same fucking moral about "the nature of humanity and the soul" that everyone has seen a billion times before and that always ends in the same way.

>semi-automatic grenade launcher that deals 32 DV
What kind of grenades do 32 DV?

>industrial-strength maid outfits
I don't get it. Each half of the phrase makes sense on its own but when you put them together I'm just confused.

Seconding this, this information may save my character's life at some point.

Semi automatic complex action burst fire.
3 grenades out. With HE first one deals 16 DV with -2 AP second and third deal half DV and AP as per multiply explosion rules for total of 32 DV, -4 AP and -2 do dodge.

Hm. And what's the burst radius on that? I'm curious to know if this is a viable way to defend against a home invasion.

>Overkill status: Engaged!

My pacifist mage would love to run with your decker.

Standard blast radius; it's only the DV that goes up (adding half of the lower DV to the full higher DV) and AP up by 1 per explosion.

>burst fire 3 grenades and have them all stack up DV like they're separate attacks.
I'm skeptical about allowing this. The rules are balanced around only one attack per IP.

It's like firing 3 bullets and giving three different attack/soak rolls.

Lets see for minigrenades it was 5-50 with no penalty and -2 damage drop-off per meter. -2 for each grenade or for the explosion itself I am not sure. Lets say -6 DV from the point of origin.
no no no. Overkill would be Mitsubishi Yakusoku rocket launcher at complex action for 6 missiles fired with -5 to dodge.

Each bullets doesnt explode covering 8 meters of radius though. But yes this is extremely cheesy and you should not allow it unless suddenly all NPC also start using it.

183 of Core gives the rules for multiple stacking explosives, in the section for grenades/missiles/rockets and right alongside the rules for chunky salsa.

Explosives have always been fucking soybanana-crazy in SR. Just don't scatter.

Interesting. Now, if I were living in an apartment at a Low lifestyle, what would you say my floors and walls are made of? Trying to determine exactly how much property damage I might be doing here.

Depends on where you live. It could be anything from bare concrete to wet drywall. If the former, then minimal. If the latter? Don't expect to get your deposit back, to say the least.

Low Lifestyle= Cheap Material. 2 Structure, 4 Armour.

You will not get your deposit back.

Sammy, only in it because have no other skills due to no education/gang upbringing.

>a character has an AI girlfriend

There's got to be a more sane way to rule it. Burst fire isn't meant to give a damage bump like that, and especially not going from 16 to 32.

Maybe I could make burst fire grenades just reduce the threshold for landing the explosive? Take it down to 2 for burst fire, 1 for long burst, and 0 for complex FA?

HE grenades are not for home defense. It's like, the opposite of home defense, because it destroys large chunks of your home. Get flashbangs if you don't want to blow up all your stuff. Using that ruling for burst-fire you can still get 20S even before chunky salsa.

You'll be surprised how easy it is to get your deposit back when you've got a gun pointed at the landlord's head.

A lot. is the thing to keep up your sleeve until the situation really, really, really warrants it because collateral damage will be a bitch.

Do you really think that a land lord in a low lifestyle neighbourhood doesn't have a gun or two of his own? Or a whole fucking gang backing him up?

True, but is the landlord really going to fuck with a guy who responds to a home invasion with not one but three HE grenades? I've probably got him and his gang way outgunned, and if he thinks otherwise....well, I'll just get my deposit back with a crowbar.

I guess it depends on which gang is running your apartment as a side hustle at that point.

Trust, if you're living there and can afford HE grenades, do you really think the guy that owns your house can't buy some too?

Maybe, but he's got more to lose by using one in his own building.

Listen, do what you want, I'm just saying there's better things to start a gang war over than your deposit in a fucking low lifestyle apartment. That said, tossing grenades around there is probably likely to start one anyway.

The GM have warned me that there is a good chance of drawing the wrong attention and getting brand as terrorist if I was to use that.

>is the landlord really going to fuck with a guy who responds to a home invasion with not one but three HE grenades?
He won't have to. Unless you're living in the Barrens or some other place where the police aren't even patrolling, the moment you set off three grenades, Knight Errant are going to be on your ass in no time.

>but is the landlord really going to fuck with a guy who responds to a home invasion with not one but three HE grenades?
With the way Lifestyles work? Yeah, he'll even evict your ass in a heartbeat if you miss your rent, too.

>Unless you're living in the Barrens or some other place where the police aren't even patrolling
I said Low lifestyle, didn't I? I've got 1d6x12 minutes to grab my stuff, get my deposit back and get the fuck out before the bronze arrives. And it's not like I'm ever going back, because
>any shadowrunner worth their salt
>ever going back to a dwelling that's been compromised

A case could be made that the runner is bad for allowing it to get compromised in the first place, but yeah. Drek hitting the fan happens to the best of us, omae.

well if you want max damage just stuff a crate full of grenades and use microtranciver as detonator.
20 grenades would deal what 160 damage with -21 ap?

Woah there bucko, I just want to take out whatever killteam breaks into my place, not blow up the whole building.

Rate/Hate

pastebin.com/fsqpsESi

800813/10

And 32 DV isn't going to do that to a Low apartment?

Judging by the chapter on explosives in Run&Gun, no. 75 DV would be required to completely destroy an apartment. There's going to be a hell of a big hole in the floor though.

Minor fluff issue. There's never been a female Red Samurai. Renraku's section in Market Panic starts with that. But you can choose to ignore it at your table.

IIRC there is one in Gaishu's former team in SR:HK. But the video games are not exactly cannon.

It also says that people attempted to diversify the Red Samurai but the non-human, non-male, or non-Japanese have all washed up.

You could have been one of those folks. It wasn't your skill that was the issue, just good old prejudice kept you out. Of course unless you want an excuse to wear glorious red Samurai mil-spec body armor.

Wiki says that a "vast majority are Japanese and most are men" but doesn't mention that women are barred from entry like filthy metas.

Don't rely on the wiki, it's filled with fanon and isn't kept up to date

Page 134 of Market Panic states no woman has ever been a Red Samurai.

They're forcibly washed out or killed in accidents.

Have fun getting jumped at your next lifestyle ad infinitum. You better hope your landlord is only connected to a shitty go-gang. If they're Triad, Yak, or Vory affiliated? You're a goner.

>very image of the best that Renraku's special forces and the JIS has to offer

>is a woman

dishonorabru/10

But get another SIN at R2 (or buy one immediately in-game), and I'd slash your CHA by 1 to get your BOD up to an odd number for the other box. I understand why you went in on all the different combat skills for fluff reasons, but I'd pull points out of at least one of them and get Pilot Ground Craft for your Yamaha. Because why have a motorcycle without being good enough to sword some guy in the throat as you go by.

She is already a secret lesbian for that magical realm washout

The wiki is out of date and has numerous mistakes. user pointed out that one of the most recent books confirms there are no female Red Samurai.

>You better hope your landlord is only connected to a shitty go-gang.
What, you think I didn't deliberately pick an area with gangs I knew I could take if push came to shove?

Dammit.

But don't forget that the Red Samurai are only the most elite of Renraku's security forces. They still have plenty of female goons guarding their facilities.

You never know who those gangs belong to, or if your info is incorrect or who exactly the landlord is connected to. You also have to factor in if your team will help you for this pretty rude behavior.

I'm just sayin' mang, it's never a good idea to pissed off a group of people. Either they ambush you at the worst time, or they ambush you at the absolutely worst time.

The Red Ninja however are considered to be the spy-dishonorable-black ops counterpart to the Red Samurai.

I don't remember a blurb saying they were prejudiced against metahumans or women there.

You what you're saying is "geek them before they get the chance to ambush you".

Nothing stops you from being a MTF Red Samurai.

That's just getting into a whole new quagmire. Then your only reason to run is to clean up your messes, it's not cost-effective to geek a whole gang over them wanting to geek you because you're nutty.

Just get flashbangs and monowire. Simple, easy, but super messy.

If you start pulling that, you're going to end up living on the streets, because reputation is a thing

On the subject of killing everyone, how would you stat this man in SR?

EDGE 8

Some sort of vampire? The hell is this gray man

For starters? Edge 8 and REVELS IN MURDER.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hatred_(video_game)

Nodim Portent.

Wow

His name really is Not Important.