Innistrad Symbol

Was it ever explained what this symbol meant?

looks like a bunch of fish hooks on a key-ring

Reasonable

Symbol of emrakul cultists.

We'mrakul, all'mrakul, E'mrakull.

It's the symbol of the Church of Avacyn only upsidedown....

That shit was so retarded. Everyone knew it was going to be Emrakul, but no one actually wanted it to be Emrakul. It's like Wizards created a shit test for itself and failed spectacularly. If it was ever in question, they confirmed how creatively bankrupt they are. The only way they save this shitshow is to create a planeswalker themed legion of doom to counteract this justice league knock off.

>The only way they save this shitshow is to create a planeswalker themed legion of doom to counteract this justice league knock off.
I want this so bad. Maybe Amonkhet will kick it off with Bolas starting a crusade across planes, recruiting all kinds of bad dudes.

I honestly don't understand why. So many people hated Eldrazi, but they just kept shilling them over and over again. It's like the people that are writing and designing sets are on a totally different wavelength from everyone else.

Hell, I remember something with Rosewater saying part of the reason they were pushed so hard in Battle was people telling the team that they liked Zendikar, and then everyone just assumed they said the wrong name and meant the Rise of the Eldrazi set.

It was literally the symbol of the emrakul cult. It's on their brand and everything.

I liked the concept of kozilek, emrakul and ulamog, namewise and they looked kind of cool.

What it really shows is that Wizards is unable to change effectively.

I'm certain that some wizard employees wanted to change it, but they were unwilling to come up with anything new.

>The probably with setting everything in stone years ahead of time.

Kozy K, Emma, and Big Ula weren't really the problem in and of themselves. It's more down to how much it derailed Zendikar from being the Indiana Jones adventure world and hijacked Inninstrad's Gothic horror theme, in addition to some janky mechanics like Annihilator.

I can agree with that, I loved original innistrads gothic horror so damn much. New innistrad felt kind of meh, but I liked the concept of a giant eldrazi angel. but the view has shifted anyway, the focus is more on the jacetice league than on the planes itself.

The alternative to the way they do it is to not playtest at all and just shit the set out, unfortunately.
Either they work on things so far in advance that they can't change quickly enough to meet player desires/expectations/interests, or everything's even more of a crapshoot than it is now and everything feels thrown together at the last minute (because it is)

It's a horseshoe to trample on ghosts

I do like the eldrazi, and I think it works fine in innistrad, gothic horror and cosmic horror have always been close, poe was a big influence on lovecraft. But zendikar we only saw for two sets before eldrazi began to dominate the plane. Why could battle for zendikar not have been set on dominara? It was allies vs interdimensional threat, why did they have to tie that down to a plain with so many mechanics that didn't mesh with that?

I was under the impression Dominaria was cut from anything that wasn't Origins or one of the side sets.

They feel that there is 'too much' going on with Dominaria, and thus a block set there would exclude more of what is wanted in a return to the place than what is included.

No, goddamit. We don't need Dark Jacetice League! Planeswalkers should all die, or go back to being great, awesome oldwalkers.

Wow cool opinion buddy, you're a real visionary. Take off the rose colored glasses. Adding Oldwalkers to the game would not work on any level outside of commander, conspiracy, or "masters" products.

WotC is not abandoning Jace n Friends any time soon. The best we can hope for is for them to expand on it in a way that isn't just adding a new walker to the team every block. I would love to see a recurring enemy that isn't just Eldrazi or Phyrexians. With the new fast rotation, it just makes sense for that enemy to be group of planeswalkers.

>bringing back Oldwalkers
Yeah, let's break the game beyond repair. Bring back the physical gods for no particular reason.

INN: two herons facing outward
Dark Ascension: the INN set symbol inverted
Avacyn Restored: Avacyns collar
SoI: upside down Avacyns collar
Eldritch Moon: Emrakul or Liliana headdress, cant remember

upside-down graftstone whatever the hell that is?

On the bright side the Eldrazi storyline is pretty much over now.

>hated eldrazi
>cthulu nerds all over the place
>i don't believe you

Combo of both, really

Is that what the question was about? It wasn't clear but I figured they were asking about the picture "in the clue".

it's avacyn's collar, the symbol of avacyn's church. And there's nothing a werewolf likes less. Except a case of getting-in-the-way-of-a-thousand-year-old-vampire.

All these people missing the question.

>INN: two herons facing outward
I thought it was the head of a polearm.

I wanted it to be Emrakul, though. Every other option was pants-on-head something something.

People enjoyed the Eldrazi, for years they were THE big super creature type. They are actually pretty popular.

The reason BFZ and OTG were hated was that these creatures had serious retcons, were powered down greatly, lost Annihilator (Granted everyone understands that one) and were treated as mere side show monsters instead of the weight they were given in Zendikar.

Zendikar was fucked the minute they left it as a cliff hanger. Rise of the Eldrazi ended with the plane being doomed entirely by beings the were so powerful even old walkers could actually kill them. They held weight in the lord, like they were really beyond simple threats.

Then they brought them back and offed them in two rushed sets, designed to sell lottery cards instead of help them.

Shadows was ACTUALLY well done, but Rosewater did say that it should NOT have come after BFZ, Kaladesh and Ammonket should have happened to give people a break, then the hype of Emrakul narratively would have been fantastic.

oh. might be now that you mention it, op is unclear. I figured "innistrad symbol" was the question, but might as well be the neckless thingy

I can't wait to play some more Planeswalkers: The Planeswaking

I actually wouldn't mind their planeswalker push if they were presented the same as legendary creatures. Which is to say printing some at non-mythic rarity and having the secondary market not jew the shit out of the good ones.

>Mage game set on Dominiaria

mite b cool

>flavor referring to emrakul cultists
>symbol is a big blob with dangling appendixes

oh gee, I wonder what that symbol might represent...