/hhg/ - Horus Heresy General Mk XXII

Battle Report Fluff Edition
Continuation of Previous Thread Sub-Edition
Artistic Pursuits Tertiary Edition

"Last thread we focused a lot on actual minis, games and lists. An user had an interesting narrative battle report and the discord made a reappearance. It was rather nice, as can be seen here "

XXIInd thread, 'ere we go.

>HHG
pastebin.com/iUqNrrA8
Official HH 7th Edition Errata (Updated January 2016)
forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Horus_Heresy/Horus_Heresy_7th_Edition.pdf
>30k TACTICA & TIPS
What to include in a HH list, how to format it, what makes each legion special (crunch), tactics, Tutorials for Heresy-era minis and more
pastebin.com/Tm2P4QLp
>HH Books, Novels and Rulebooks galore
pastebin.com/k9uvqsub
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmega.nz%2F%23F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyC
>Updated rulebooks
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2Ffz1OuHK%2Fcrusade-imperialis-army-lists.pdf.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2FZTK72gs%2Flegiones-astartes-age-of-darkness-army-list.pdf.html
>/HHG/'s Legion demographics
strawpoll.me/10558764
>Primarch Popularity Poll
strawpoll.me/11458318

>Make your unit entries
mediafire.com/file/q315zmyjntb4j04/LA Exploitable v1.pdf

>BoP's Paint guide
imgur.com/a/aBKJE

>HH Discord
discord.gg/wYS2J6b

Does anyone have the materials on hand for making the General title images, or a link where I can find them? If I'm going to be making these new threads, I might as well make a few new pictures as well to keep things fresh.[/spoilers]

Other urls found in this thread:

puppetswar.eu/product.php?id_product=215
1d4chan.org/wiki/Warhammer_40,000/Tactics#Looking_for_advice
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Did you just recopy the old description of the old old thread

he did

>tfw two good, productive threads in a row
There's a specific guy who makes delicious bread flavours and spices.

>no mention of the dreadwing

If it ain't broke

What kits are good for getting mass number of power axes for normal marines? If not power axes, epsilon axes?

Kinda don't want to order online because my post office is fucking disastrous with packages.

Reposting what I think was the final version.

>Effects
Scour and Cleanse: A detachment using this Rite of War must take Legion Destroyer Squads as their compulsory Troops choices, and may take Legion Destroyer Squads as additional Troops choices.
Armoured Death: Any model that can take a Rhino may take a Land Raider Proteus as a dedicated transport, any that exceeds the transport capacity to do so may take a Spartan Assault Tank.
We have come, we are Death: When two or more units from this detachment assault the same unit in the assault phase, they get +1 attack.
The Green Fire: Any character with the Legiones Astartes (Dark Angels) special rule can take a Phosphex Bomb for 10pts
>Restrictions
With the exception of the Moritat and Siege Breaker types, only a single Consul may be taken as an HQ
One Heavy Support slot is compulsory, and must be filled by a unit with the Tank type
Only one fast attack slot allowed
No unit in the Dreadwing is Scoring
No Allies or Fortifications

There's another baker, who is much more detail oriented and bakes all of his threads fresh. I'm the EC Goose, and I'm basically on hand to keep the peace and make sure new threads are at least made (if not kept at 100%).

Bloodclaws are WS3/BS3 and wolf scouts got more options and rules than regular Scouts.

>Armoured Death
>We have come, we are Death
Well, one of those needs changing,
Maybe Mechanised Assault?

This is V0.1b

Effects:
- We have come, we are death: A detachment using this Rite of War must take Legion Destroyer Squads as their
compulsory Troops choices, and may take Legion Destroyer Squads as additional Troops choices.
In addition, Phosphex Shells* may be taken on models equipped with a grenade launcher, twin-linked grenade launchers or
missile launchers as an additional ammunition type for +10 points per model.
- World kill: Any unit taken as part of this detachment, unless a Legion Destroyer Squad or equipped with Artificer, Hardened, or Terminator (any kind) Armour
must take a Land Raider Phobos or Proteus dedicated transport if it numbers 10 models or less, or a Spartan Assault Tank if it numbers 20 models or less.
Any Legion Vindicator equipped with Demolisher Cannon may upgrade to use exclusively Vortex Shells** for +X points.
Restrictions:
- The glass turns, the grains fall: No unit in this detachment may score mission objectives other than First Blood,
Slay the Warlord, Attrition and Linebreaker objective(1). Legion Moritat Consuls taken as part of this detachment have the Lone Killer special rule removed.
- Detachments using this Rite of War must take an additional compulsory HQ choice in addition to that
usually required by their Force Organisation chart, and this second compulsory choice must be either a Legion Siege Breaker Consul or a Legion Moritat Consul.
- Detachments using this Rite of War must take an additional compulsory Troops choice in addition to that
usually required by their Force Organisation chart.

Wargear: Range Str AP Special
Phosphex Shells (grenade) 18" 5 2 Assault 1, Blast (3"), Poisoned (3+), Crawling Fire, Lingering Death
Phosphex Shells (missile) 36" 5 2 Assault 1, Blast (3"), Poisoned (3+), Crawling Fire, Lingering Death
Vortex Shells somebody fill this up along with the points cost

Notes:
(1) I'm not sure if Victory Points are awarded for units killed by default.

IF THOUSAND SONS AREN'T OP AS FUCK WE RIOT.

Yeah I just woke up. Thank you.

Does the Emperor have a full cost of arms? Here's the Russian Empire's "Lesser" Coat of Arms.

>I don't want a balanced game.

Both of you are doing great since I'm busy dealing with college.

Post the HH images plz

I baked some bread recently, and it went incredibly well.

I was so proud.

Yes its a BIG OL E

Fascinating.

First, I don't remember any discussion about any of this, so I'm not sure where your getting the "This is the newest version" from
>>Effects:
>In addition, Phosphex Shells* may be taken on models equipped with a grenade launcher, twin-linked grenade launchers
>Any Legion Vindicator equipped with Demolisher Cannon may upgrade to use exclusively Vortex Shells** for +X points.
I'm not sure about inventing entirely new wargear for one RoW, especially with how much DA have already
>>Restrictions:
>The glass turns, the grains fall: No unit in this detachment may score mission objectives other than First Blood, Slay the Warlord, Attrition and Linebreaker objective(1). Legion Moritat Consuls taken as part of this detachment have the Lone Killer special rule removed.
Alright, fine, Moritats can loose Lone Killer, but isn't that just a wordy way of saying that they aren't scoring?
>Detachments using this Rite of War must take an additional compulsory HQ choice in addition to that usually required by their Force Organisation chart, and this second compulsory choice must be either a Legion Siege Breaker Consul or a Legion Moritat Consul.
Dreadwing is mentioned as using high tech tonks so the compulsory heavy support fits them better IMO
>Detachments using this Rite of War must take an additional compulsory Troops choice in addition to that usually required by their Force Organisation chart.
Why? They're aren't an elite force, no reason to force them to take more Destroyers over, say, Assaults

Damn, the ruskies know how to pimp out their heraldry.
I feel like the big E would have pic related surrounded with Eagles

>I'm not sure about inventing entirely new wargear for one RoW, especially with how much DA have already
This
>Lone killer
It prevented Moritats from joining most squads and benefiting from stuff

It doesn't matter whether the RoW states that Moritats loose Lone Killer, since Lone Killer states that they don't benefit from RoWs.

This would override it, if you state it so.

Here's their "Greater" coat.
>I feel like the big E would have pic related surrounded with Eagles
I figured there would be Eagles but how auric are they?

Well, I decided to make a Mechanicum Genetor army, probably using Reductor rules and mixing in some Militia levy swarms and maybe Cybernetica. Modelled as genetic and/or frankenstinian cyborg monstrosities, of course. Virus shells, biological cyber-occularis squid things, Crypt Ghoul levy swarms. Going to be cool, once I come up with a paint scheme.

Any good fluff about the mad scientists? Or the Reductor, neither seem to have much screentime. Read the stuff about Decima, that's about it.

>I figured there would be Eagles but how auric are they?
The Eagles can't be wounded on anything better than 3+, regardless of any special rules it has (TOTALLY applies to Destroyer Weapons).

It's not an improved version, just different, hence "b". The main idea of it is "stirring up a hornet's nest".

Phosphex shells are simply bombs shot from launchers, and we will get the D-cannon Vindicators eventually.

Going away with the Lone Killer means they can join other types of squads so as to saturate more units with rad/counter-attack. A side effect is they may benefit from blessings etc., but you'll never get to field more than one Moritat and Librarian.

>high tech tonks
There are those Vindicators with Vortex shells, but yeah, maybe a mandatory HS tank should be put in there.

>aren't elite force
Nor are Destroyers, another compulsory slot is there to offset the benefit of the list.

I hit the character limit, in the following post I considered reducing grenades/missiles to 12/24" range, and the no Allies and no Fortifications should go without saying. (TL) Grenade Launchers are mentioned in the Stasis Shells entry, so it's a good indicator of another piece of wargear either a unit or a rite will get.

I can’t see Predators getting transport capacity (did they ever have any). There’s a popular rite of war that makes them troops, for one thing. And a turret takes a lot of room in a tank; the fluff explanation would defy physics. Also, getting rid of the side sponsons would give you a Razorback (but with a bigger, more space-hogging turret) and those deliberately don’t exist yet. It’s bad enough that Rhinos can take a pintle-mounted heavy weapon without penalty.

At the moment the army list only includes a Contemptor-Cortus. But, in the same way that there’s a Contemptor-Mortis and a normal (boxnought) Mortis, FW could add other-shaped Cortus dreads in the future. “Cortus” just means that someone fixed up a damaged dreadnought to a lower standard than original, and somehow it’s ended up more aggressive.

The Donghunter series, I guess.

Those eagle make me happy. Have an old alternative OP pic.

Back when we were running out of ideas.

So Inferno is out in February, right?

What will you do with a fuckton of power axes user?

It's been pushed back to March.
Source: My Uncle works at FW and Nintendo.

Threads ago the 8 ball and trips said it wouldn't be delayed so yes.

I need to equip my veterans. I'm thinking making a power axes + 2 heavy bolter/melta squad

Unwieldy weapons on a 3+/NA infantry unit with a Rhino as a DT?
Good for you that don't care about what the WAACfags say! Well done.
I'm saving the gif

puppetswar.eu/product.php?id_product=215

And this one was damn hillarous

I thought power axes were the WAAC option?

No one equips swords or mauls from the look of things

This could be used as one in a pinch.

Well if you send them against regular marines then swords will do alright.
But I liked Furious Charge more than Weaponmasters, even if the later does make a bit more sense.
No more DG rad power axes of Instant death

I guess...

Just about any /hhg/ created meme could be used, really.

And man do we have a lot of them.
Someone post the Sister of Battle header pls

Generally you don't want to charge your veterans into things against which the power axes would be needed. Swords are ok however to brutalize power armoured blobs even after taking some casualties.

This one?

Noooo the one HHG with the SoS, and Custodes and shiny eyed ADB

SoS.

>did they ever have any

They did and IA books even acknowledge this, though explain it that the transport space was often used to store extra ammo, ergo no transport capacity today. But that would mean you could have troop transport capacity with the regular dakkapred, just don't bring so much ammo along for the ride. The other variants, I suppose, would have that space taken up by plasma reactors, melta tanks, etc.

>Custards: Guarding humanities waifus since M25

I used Vanguard Veteran thunder hammers and Orc/k choppa blades.

I'm confused about the Tactics page on 1d4chan. It seems to list a bunch of Legionaires Astartes tactics that aren't present in the book like Sons of Horus having a rule called Death Dealers. Am I missing something or is the page inaccurate?

Someone's got to do it.

Guess who lives.

Nooooooo
Goddammit stop milking the cow like that

Well how else was the Emperor going to breed humanity into a non-psychic race after finishing the webway project :^)

You need the red book as well, it's got all the legion-specific stuff in it. I would advise you to download the correct version of the red book, but I can't remember which link that is.

>Matthias Ward, Captain Ultramarines 8th Company
>Phil Kellus, Scout, Ultramarines
Seems legit.

>Matthis Ward
>Matt Ward
>Ultramarine
>Not dead

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Alpharius next.

>Matthias Ward

Fucking kek

>Kaptin Krudface
>Kunt

>Vulkan
He really does live.
>Matthias Ward
>Phil Kellus
The memes have bleed into harshly. They can't keep getting away with this.

>MATTHAIS WARD

I have a four person team game coming up that's set at 4k points, personally I've never gone over 2k but I have enough minis to make up the difference minus a couple of heavy support options. How does this list look?
hqs
alexis pollux

centurion
primus medicae
terminator

troops
veteran tactical squad x2
9 veteran marines
nuncio vox
h/bolter with suspen x2
1 veteran sergeant
dedicated transport
rhino
twin linked bolter

legion terminator squad
7 legion terminators
iliastus assault cannons x1
power fists x2
chain fists x1
thunder hammers x2
sigil storm shields x2
1 legion terminator sergeant
solarite power gauntlet
dedicated transport
spartan tank
alexis and primus medicae attached

legion terminator squad
9 legion terminators
iliastus assualt cannons x2
power fists x2
chain fists x2
thunder hammers x2
sigil storm shields x2
solarite power gauntlet
dedicated transport
deep strike

elites
contemptor dreadnought
twin linked lascannon
extra armor

contemptor dreadnought
plasma blaster
extra armor

contemptor mortis dreadnought
twin linked lascannon
extra armor
havoc launcher

fast attack
legion seeker squad
9 legion seeker marines
combi weapons x8
1 strike leader
melta bombs
dedicated transport
deep strike (alxeis)

heavy support
legion predator
heavy bolters
combi bolter
dozer blade
extra armor
armored ceramite

legion predator
heavy conversion beam
combi bolter
dozer blade
extra armor
armored ceramite

legion predator
lascannon
combi bolter
dozer blade
extra armor
armored ceramite

spartan tank
armoured ceramite
flare shield
dozer blade
twin linked bolter

legion medusa x2

total: 4000/4000

Running with IF hence all the bolters. Nuncios are spread to every squad that can take one ad every sergeant has artificer + power fist. I plan to deep strike termies or seekers when needed. I'm playing with a WS player and we're up against SoH and DG

Damn it I really liked Bulkan.
He was a /good/ guy and the Salamanders were nice in an era of Grim Dark. But they still got shit done like burning jeanstealers.

It's Kyme's Law user.

1d4chan.org/wiki/Warhammer_40,000/Tactics#Looking_for_advice
>I really hope you do not do this, user-kun

make 1 10 man terminator squad if you can and put them with Alexis and the Centurion in that Spartan, Deep Strike the Smaller squad, less chance of a scatter leading to a mishap.

RoW? Is this Double FoC you have to many heavy support otherwise. You might be lacking in the numbers department for 8,000 points a side.

user, please. Fix your list format and then re submit it. Every once and a while there is someone like you that has not even tried to see how other people enter their lists and just posts a fucking block of text that is hard to read.

Put in the effort to structure your list in a readable format for us and then we (may) put in the effort to look at your list.

inb4 it appears on natfka

Anyone ever get the feeling Russia is compensating for something?

Things were different back then. Ivan was happier and drunk back then. Nowadays Russia has a HIV epidemic and Ivan can't drink himself to death because he uses 10 bottles of vodka for his cereal. He's still drunk of course.

All great empires had such busy coats of arms.

Kek

Sorry I'm on my phone, didn't look so disorganized on a small screen.

pride of the legion
HQs >285 points
alexis pollux
centurion(primus medicae)+terminator armor

TROOPS
two veteran tactical squads >700 points
9 veteran marines
>nuncio vox, vexilla+2 HB with suspensors+melta bombs
1 veteran sergeant
>power fist, artificer armor
dedicated transport
rhino
>twin linked bolter

legion terminator squad >355 points
7 legion terminators
>iliastus assault cannon + power fists x2 + chain fists x1 + thunder hammers x2
>sigil storm shields x2
>solarite power gauntlet
dedicated transport
>spartan tank
alexis and primus medicae attached

legion terminator squad >445 points
9 legion terminators
>iliastus assualt cannons x2 +power fists x2 + chain fists x2 +thunder hammers x2
>sigil storm shields x2
>solarite power gauntlet
dedicated transport
>deep strike

elites
contemptor dreadnought talon >515 points
contemptor dreadnought
>twin linked lascannon
>extra armor
contemptor dreadnought
>plasma blaster
>extra armor

contemptor mortis dreadnought >225 points
>twin linked lascannon
>extra armor
>havoc launcher

fast attack
legion seeker squad >370 points
9 legion seeker marines
>combi weapons x8
1 strike leader
>melta bombs
dedicated transport
>deep strike (alexis ability)

heavy support
legion predator squad >445 points
legion predator
>heavy bolters + combi bolter
>dozer blade + extra armor +armored ceramite

legion predator
>heavy conversion beam + combi bolter
>dozer blade + extra armor + armored ceramite

legion predator
>lascannon + combi bolter
>dozer blade + extra armor + armored ceramite

spartan tank >350 points
>armoured ceramit + flare shield+ dozer blade + twin linked bolter

legion medusa x2 >310 points

total: 4000/4000

The 10 man termies wont fit with alex and the apothecary so I cut it down enough for them and stuck them in the transport.

Russia has this weird trait of either not caring about something whatsoever (human rights, driving standards, their own lives when doing something entertaining), or caring about it 150% (alcoholism, 3rd world countries, doing something entertaining). There is no inbetween. Sometimes this fact presents itself in a contradictory manner, such as when other countries say what they think about Russia. Sometimes they couldn't give a rats ass, sometimes they'll go above and beyond to prove that Russia STRONK.

Can I use my fire warriors in my friends betrayal at calth game without breaking any sort of rules? My roommate took most of his minis with him on a vacation that he is taking and I usually play games with people at the local shop.

Tldr; using tau in 30k is cool... right?

>Tau
Oh friend you better not be a faggot.
>only using fire warriors
That's not too bad I guess.

>The 10 man termies wont fit with alex and the apothecary
Spartans have a transport capacity of 25, not just 20. Just saying, you seem to be using up all your points.

Planning out a Mechanicum army to start when my workload drops off in a few weeks. Thing is, the armies at my local store (The ones I actually want to play against, anyway) are NL, EC and DG. Seems the first two would be screwed, since they can't scare me out of combat and sweep me, and I was slow and tough anyway, so their fancy fast swordplay won't really change much. The last might screw me with lots of poison and heavy weapons, and a teleporting ID invincible ninja.

How balanced is 30k? Will it be a fair fight regardless, or is it kind of a rock-paper-scissors thing?

>His country has a coat of arms that didn't take the enslavement of another, weaker country to design
Newfag countries get out.

I use mostly sword because I like the look of swords, but I have 2 axes and a maul per vet squad since I had the bits and they also look cool

In the actual Betrayal at Calth game? No. Against 30k Marines in a regular fight? Technically yes. Trying to have a fight that is even remotely setting-appropriate? Not even close.

30k can 'technically' be played against 40k, but there are often disparities in power levels at low points (30k tends to get screwed) and at higher points (30k tends to screw others). If you're just playing a casual match against a friend with no interest in keeping it fluffy or anything, you're fine. But from a setting standpoint, it's far from 'cool' (Eldar and Orks are appropriate, while Necrons are a technicality)

There are two red books for Astartes:
Legiones Astartes: Age of Darkness Army List (the generic list), and
Legiones Astartes: Age of Darkness Legions (special rules/units for each legion)

"Age of Darkness" means it's the most current. The previous version said "Crusade", I think. (The Crusade Imperialis Army List book covering Solar Auxilia, Cults & Militia, and Knights hasn't been updated so it still has "Crusade" in the title)

The generic Astartes book is actually a little newer than the Legions book and contains some extra legion-specific Rites of War from HH Book 6 in a section near the end.

Damn that's surprisingly hard to read. Does Pollux have Master of the Legion?

I'm not sure it's a legal list - Pride of the Legion requires that a majority of units have the Legiones Astartes special rule, which basically means infantry. You have too many dreadnoughts and tanks. Also not enough anti-tank for really big games.

Mechanicum will usually rape infantry heavy marines. So your average BaC kiddy will get annoyed by mechanicum. If they have a more mechanized approach, it should be pretty even.

Just don't cheese it with Reductor. Other than that, 30k is pretty well balanced.

Aren't they great?

I thought he was saying to use the firewarriors as marine-count-as

>Does Pollux have Master of the Legion?
Yes he does
>invincible ninja.
We should ask FW about this. Several questions, like a dozen minimum.

>30k can 'technically' be played against 40k, but there are often disparities in power levels

Because 30k and 40k already have such great internal balance.