Warhammer 40k General

Reserve fuckery stacking - edition
> Previous Thread
>A shitty little list builder that you all should stop ASKING ABOUT YOU FILTHY BITCHES
webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#/rosterCreator

>Freshest Rules in Epub (Use Readium for PC or Kobo on Android)
mega.nz/#F!Wl5DAbCb!TYxZG4CgX_x-NJu7JBwbZQ!2tgBUTYI

>Not always current PDFs:
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>Up to date FAQs
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40K 7th Edition Quick Reference Sheets:
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>Forge World Book Index:
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

> The Black Library(Stay the fuck away from the clowns)
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q!c4pGAJDb

> Space 0Din's Unfucked ork codex
dropbox.com/s/lsx27fo3rq2x7tk/Codex - Orks 7th Edition Update [Space Odin](2016).pdf?dl=0

would anyone here want to try a different ruleset other than the current one? even if it wasnt written by the high lords of GW?

Here's the 40k General bingo. Last time it got posted the mods removed it. Let's hope that doesn't happen again.

Don't you fucking dare repost that goddamn shitty homebrew

which one?

So /40kg/, how do you think Geedubs will bring back Roboute Guilliman?

Help me decide between Crimson Fists and Deathwatch? I really love how much you can customize DW marines, but a smaller more elite force doesn't seem to give me that grand battle sort of feeling that a marine chapter would. I also like a lot of the SM vehicle choices, and I don't know if I could paint up and run predators and stormtalons in DW colors. But I guess the battle brothers option is always there?

Saint giraffe

I do really look forward to custom painting my own dudes so should I be looking at ebay still?

Still waiting for Vyridian from the first Batch. Fucking incompetent GW.

According to them if it doesn't show up on the 22 of January. They'll send another.

I don't trust this hacks

Gangs of Commorragh confirmed to be £35 / $60 / €45.

That's more than half off buying the models individually. In fact, it's only £6 more expensive than JUST the Reavers.

Yes. Some people sell unpainted models and stripping them isn't too hard.

I still haven't received my Diaz Daemonettes.

Yes

What would you say is the 40k equivalent of Vampire Counts?

Oh another joke. They sold me out of stock shit. Then told me made to order things are out of stock too. The flying fuck?

Necrons.

waacfags. The suck out the life of the game regardless of the army

If you buy em off ebay and look to strip em then make sure that they are well put together i just bought some and fucker assembled them poorly

They're not very good at raising the dead tho.

Or the fuckers that basically give their models a glue shower.

That's not glue user...

Like all the gaunt faces arent even together pretty much. It looks like someone cut their faces in half.

So any tips on stripping then cause Ive not got even a slight clue.

Or used enamel paints.
Those are practically death sentences

I actually bought an Eldar Falcon once that dry cum in it. Some deviant asshole used the poor model as a flesh light

Finecast aside, it's a nice model.

T-this can't be true R-right?

High level alcohol should do it. With scrubbing.

It is not the worst but it gets there.

You found their magic kingdom user.

Oh O mean the actual enamel paints the ones that are kargely coloured varnish.

I wish it wasn't. It almost felt like the dude fucked the model just before handing it over.

If you live in the U.S. you can buy Simple green at most grocery stores and you dunk it in there for about a night then take and old tooth brush and scrub the model and most of the paint should come off.

Necrons for the skellingtons, deldar for the actual vampires

Bangles yo.

Jesus, I checked the prices of the boxed models vs Gangs of Commorragh.

6 Reavers & 10 Hellions is £79. The boxed game is £35. That's fucking astounding value for money.

Does GW post here now?

I mean Veeky Forums is just a website created by GeeDubs to make us buy their products so We have always been here

I'd like to have the one I bought last year to arrive.

Because GW know no one wants hellions

Take your fanfiction and go home.

Which is a pity because they're pretty cool. Unfortunately they suck goat balls in game so yeah.

Not the user you answered to but I have the same question and happen to be a eurofag. What is this Simple green you talk about, or do you happen to have any other tips on removing paint from a mini?

I want to like Hellions, but it's just a bridge too far.

I'd love a gofast razorfiends army, but 4 armies is my limit.

The fuck is this

No

Some possibly fake leak of GS II it seems.

If it's real I'm betting the names are there as a joke.

>Matthais Ward

Fuck off Ward, maybe they will kill the cunt so I can at least imagine it's the real Ward.

Best boy Cawl doing some shenanigans I bet

What's the general consensus on Admech armies? Are they the same as Skitarii? Are they completely worthless/not a real army/ horrible cheese?

>Mattheus Ward
>Phi Kellus

This post gave me cancer.

Any particular item for scrubbing, rag or brush type favored perhaps

Just read this I'll keep it in mind as well

Now I'm thinking im going to going for the Orks first and then maybe start a space marine chapter at some point soon after that.

Tooth brush. If you can use it on your teeth or clothing it's general ok.

8 captachas? The fuck?

I've heard Detol works for non-US residents and their was a guide floating around i do not have it sorry.

Me too. I'm waiting on two immolators, a heavy flamer, and Veridyan.

Did Necrons get any formations in the new Cadia book?

Alrighty then tooth brush sounds great even have a bunch of spares. I'm really tempted to get starter sets from practically all the sides. I keep looking at em and liking models in each sets.

Admech army is not the same as Skitarii.
Skitarii is generally part of an AdMech army, unless you're a madman and only want to field Cult Mech.

Really, taking only Skitarii or only CultMech is going to be difficult, since they both have so few unit choices.
Combined they're not worthless, especially if taken as the War Convocation. This borderlines cheese, but isn't too bad after the FAQ clarified the starting in allied transports rule.

Maybe if they didn't charge for tracking like some company of 2005 this shit would not be happening

Theres also those special dentits brushes with small pointy hard bristled heads for targeted work.

They used to be a general army. Separated codexes was a mistake. United Mechanicum shall have all the po-

How long are you going to whine about that.

good, but lacking transport choices. Great models that are still the hot new shit and plenty of variety and choices to listbuilding

Okay, bangels for shiny blood drinking vampires and deldar for edgy pain drinking vampires

Till I get my shit or they update to a proper modern standard?

Honestly I'm super surprised about that.

This good for a fluffy imperial fists list?

Iron Warriors fan here. If I want to field Domitar Ferrum models in 40k, what's the best equivalent to proxy them as? I'm okay with swapping weapons on them, I like the base model itself. CSM or Renegades and Heretics work.

No Grav... HB... user can I hug you!

I bought a pre-owned Stormlord that was in pretty bad condition(unthinned paints, treads made of fuck), and then I got a 5-gallon bucket filled with Purple Power to strip the damn thing.

IT WAS PAINTED WITH ENAMEL. NONE OF THE PAINT CAME OFF AFTER SPENDING 3 WEEKS IN THE GODDAMN STUFF. WHO THE FUCK BUYS A 150 DOLLAR MODEL ONLY TO PAINT IT WITH UNTHINNED ENAMEL?

>Imperial Fists
>No Fortifications
Fucking Casual

A monster.

>a smaller elite force doesn't seem to give me that grand battle sort of feeling that a marine chapter would
Well, we're talking Crimson Fists here, so they rely on Sternguards Veterans instead of Tactical, and low model counts are fluffier. Either way you seem to have an elite army fluff-wise.

>sorry
No need for excuses, you already helped me well. Thanks.

I'll pray for your resin crack to arrive soon, user.

Is this battlescribe or something?

xD Almost, but not, chapters 2, 3 and 4 have the same title as in fall of cadia xD

GW is asking for piracy and third parties to step in. Due to this bad service

Wotz yer take on Burna Boyz an' Flash Gitz?

The burna is a template weapon so you don't have to muck about with BS2 and it's also ap3 in melee . Flash Gitz are firing S5, AP D6, Assault3 at BS 3 'cause of their gitfindas.

Matheus Ward
Captain Ultramarines
8th Company

xD

Gitz are notoriously horrible. They are so fragile that they absolutely demand a transport, which then has to stay a glorified pillbox to keep them accurate. Destroy the tank and a quarter of the Gitz will die.

APD6 looks awesome until you realize that you roll *after* choosing your target, so go fuck yourself if you roll that '2' after targetting the tarpit.

If they are supposed to be an armour solution, just let them be good at their job. Give them variable ammo types where AP2 features, give them APD3, or just give them Rending.
And why are the rich boyz wearing a T-Shirt? 'Eavy Armour as standard.

> Orks being good at their job

Contemptor dreads?

Good call. I can get Dread knockoffs as R&H, and it should work fine for CSM.

Heard a rumour through the grapevine about the Ork release arriving in one of the later Gathering Storm books. Apparently they're all completed already and just awaiting printing and release.

>Orks get a Kult of Speed Detachment modification in the same vein as Traitor Legions

>Requirements:
>All characters able to take a Warbike must do so. All units able to take a dedicated transport must do so and must start the game embarked on the transport.
>All vehicles able to take a Red Paint Job must do so, at no points cost.
>Cannot take Walkers or Artillery.

>Benefits:
>Fast vehicles gain Jink. Bikes and Jetbikes gain Skilled Rider and +1 to Jink saves.
>Vehicles ignore Crew Shaken and Crew Stunned on a 2+ but still lose a Hull Point. At the start of the Movement phase, immobilized vehicles lose immobilized status on a 6 or add +1 to any repair attempt by a Mek or Big Mek to remove the immobilized status.
>Models embarked on open-topped transports can disembark after moving at cruising speed but must take a dangerous terrain test. If an infantry unit is entirely within 6" of an open-topped transport when making a Consolidate move in the Assault phase it can embark on that transport following all of the other normal rules for embarking, instead of Consolidating.

>Also includes new unique biker warboss special character, new weirdboy character, new powers of gork and mork psychic discipline and 6 new relics

The greatest thing about the Ork codex is not how it's bad, but how it's full of things that could have been good if GW hadn't gone out of their way to specifically make them bad.

6+ saves on 15-22 point models

Orks are all about belief, but GW doesn't believe in orks. The forget they are funny only to themselves.

Sounds more like wishlisting than grapewine.

Mother of fuck read the OP god damnit

>No Fortifications
How are you going to fortify your position?

I was looking at 10 Flash Gitz, a Big Mek with Kustom Force Field, and a Painboy, in a Battlewagon with 'ard case, grot riggers, extra armour, a kannon, and 4 rokkit launchas.

Maybe my eggs are all in one basket but just about every post about the Ork codex is that everything that terrible and you shouldn't bother.

Ooh nice.
Yeah, I'm not a regular, I came here because of the whole Vulkan LIVES thing.

>Bikes and Jetbikes gain Skilled Rider and +1 to Jink saves.
Skilled Rider already gives +1 to Jink. So Ork Bikers get 2+ Jink Save.

Now, it's safe to assume that the Codex had a rule stating how to proceed if anything where to happen to a Primarch and how to treat legion command in that case, which most likely led to the current Chapter Master structure.

What I'm curious about is what the codex says about how to proceed if a Primarch returns and what happens to the current Chapter Master. Will he be demoted, will he keep his position and just be second in rank or is it possibly a loophole and the Chapter Master has direct command over the entire Chapter and all its Marines, including the Primarch.

>inb4 Guilliman comes back and is second in command because Calgar won't leave his post due to Guilliman's own rules

Its make more sense if they got a 5+ cover save just for moving like Shining Spears did, to represent the giant clouds of black smoke they're sure to be spitting out from the engines.

Maybe frame it as Stealth or Shrouded so it can stack with their Jink.

In that case I might have misunderstood my source, they might have just been telling me what Skilled Rider gives when they said +1 to Jink.

> Can't put a Warboss into his Batlewagon

For Reference, Space Marines get Sternguard Veterans for 22 points per model, same cost as Flash Gitz.

Sternguard Veterans have LD9, 2A, and 3+ Armour, with BS4. They can ALL take combi-weapons, and their basic bolters can do things like get Poisoned 2+, AP3, Ap4 with extra range, and Ignores Cover. They also have an Army-wide special rule called Chapter Tactics.

And Chapter Tactics has only good things it can do. Like Imperial Fists gives them Rerolls to Hit with their BS4 special ammo bolters. Your army-wide special rule for orks is a straight downgrade, since your guys straight up kill themselves whenever they lose 25% of the squad. ONLY ORKS AND TYRANIDS HAVE AN ARMY-WIDE SPECIAL RULE THAT IS ONLY A DETRIMENT.

Your Flash Gitz are also 22 points per model. Compared to sternguard vets they get -3 to their armour saves, -2 to their ballistic skill, -1 to their weapon skill, -1 to their strength, -2 to their initiative, and -2 to their leadership, with the caveat that if they fail a leadership check they take d6 wounds... On their 6+ armour save.. Which can and absolutely will wipe the entire remaining squad.

2w per model.

Even Necrons lost their phase out rule.

Thanks, I got a massive boner to continue my Imperial fists project now.

ANOTHER FOR THE DARK CITY, REJOICE WYCHES!