Plays World of Darkness

>plays World of Darkness
>kicks a player out for wanting to play a vampire who feeds off children

Was he autistic?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zr32uXnxM24
youtube.com/watch?v=ABcGHReGK5E
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

The player? No, but he's clearly gonna be That Guy, and booting him is the right call.

I don't get it, what's wrong with feeding off children? Stephen King had a clown that ate children that lived in the sewers, and it would totally kick ass to RP as that clown.

It's fine in a group of mature adults who will understand the horrific actions they under take. It's less appealing if it's edginess for the sake of edginess and we see neither conflict nor trauma arise from the dietary habits of this pedivore.

If I were to attempt that, I would provide a detailed reasoning as to why. Specifically how it ties into my bloodline, and my history.

There would be trauma, of course, in that history. I would play a broken thing, possibly also a child, possibly a mother, or a father figure.

I would not, however, request this on the fly, nor unless I suspected the DM would be okay with the darker corners of VtM. Pedivore isnt that horrific. Tragic and sad, but there exists a precedent for such actions in mythology and pop culture. In that frame of reference it can be made interesting and drive plot and interaction.

Just nomming kids cause it's funny though? Get the fuck out.

Joke's on you, I'm actually Varg.

And many That Guys will cook up elaborate backstory reasons why this is a good thing. Then immediately downshift to pedo or comedy or whatever else will ruin your game and make you want to flush this guy from your life.

If the Storyteller of the game just booted him immediately for even making the suggestion, then yeah it might be dickish and wrong. But frankly, that character concept strikes me as coming from a guy who's a game killer anyway. Might as well boot him sooner rather than later, once it's ruined your campaign as well.

Don't fool yourself, you're not Stephen Kiing.

There's also the fact that, you just might want to play a "monster", like one may want to try RP'ing as a serial killer.

You're right, I'm a much better writer who doesn't bloat his content with superficial and meaningless details.

>I'm a better writer than Stephen King

You're not fooling anyone. Just because the guy has hit the point where anything he scribbles gets fast-tracked to the bookshelves doesn't negate the guy's brilliant writing from his early career, or the occasional good works that get released now inbetween all the napkin-scribblings-turned-bestseller. Guy's got chops.

>much better writer

Let's see something you've written then.

He's a pretty good writer in the sense he can tell a coherent story, but it lacks the psychological depth to make it very impactful, and it lacks the atmospheric flourishes to make the visages very memorable.

In terms of horror, there are much, MUCH better writers.

Don't Vampires normally feed off of virgins? So technically feeding off of children would make sense, unless he was doing it for the edge factor

Stop burning churches

>Don't Vampires normally feed off of virgins?
So they mostly suck on fa/tg/uys?

DELETE THIS

HAhAHAHA I guess if there are ton of fa/tg/uys in your setting

no

>I don't get it, what's wrong with feeding off children?
It's "edgy". Because slaughtering a million orcs with a smile on your face is fine, but killing a single child to feed yourself? When you're already squarely evil? Heavens no! Somebody think of the fictional children!

So you're not allowed to play certain TTRPG characters until you sell a certain number of books? Time to start working on that female knight novel I never wanted to write then.

>Goes on to write the book he never wanted to write, just to prove he can write women properly.
>Goes on to become a Nobel prizing winning author.
>Comes back several years later to that GM to rub it in his face.
>Gms face when he realizes user took a joke way too seriously.

Spoony actually did something?

WoD is a personal horror. You're supposed to be horrified with your character, not take pleasure in your deeds.

>Just nomming kids cause it's funny though? Get the fuck out

Wew lad you are so le mature and grown up.

> ... you're not Stephen King.

And pray to whichever god scares you the most that you stay that way...

youtube.com/watch?v=zr32uXnxM24

>WoD is a personal horror.

Stop projecting your own interpretations.

If you have to ask, you don't get to play it.

In the off chance you're being serious, sight unseen this raises one of two red flags: potentially either the player is trying to do the most beyond the pale thing they can think of for their own amusement (edgy) or they want to roleplay out the sensual/sexual nature of VtM feeding with kids (pedo).

If Spoony didn't know the fucker from Cain, or knew them enough to not trust them to not trip those flags, that's a reasonable motivation to boot said fucker.

Yeah, it's one thing to have a game where the NPCs creep out the party with how horrific they are, it's another to have a party member doing it. If it's gonna make your players uncomfortable, it's valid to put the kibosh on that shit right from the get-go.
(What's funny is that this is the opposite of OP's "autism" charges, since it's based on putting your player's emotional reactions above considerations of what's allowed by the rules.)

If I may play the devil's advocate that's more bad directing than bad writing.

Just taking a guess here, but I figure he's also omitting other things the player has done. Like the player's response to being told that a pedivore is something the GM would rather not have in their game.

>potentially either the player is trying to do the most beyond the pale thing they can think of for their own amusement (edgy)

And what exactly is wrong with that? Are you some nu-male queer-gendered moral-faggot that gets off on white-knighting, or do you get seriously offended at fiction?

I would tell you to fuck off to /pol/ but i bet they would tell you to fuck off as well.

Basically what Narnia was dude.

While I didn't eat the children, I played something similar in WoD once. I made a Darkling based off the Flatwoods Monster who was a 1950's housewife. She remembers that she had children once, so she breaks into abusive households, kills the parents, and abducts the kids off to suburbia to raise as her own. The whole kidnappey bit was actually the GM's idea.

>the player is trying to do the most beyond the pale thing they can think of

I can think of a lot worse things than merely vampirising a child.

>I would tell you to fuck off to /pol/ but i bet they would tell you to fuck off as well

Nah, /pol/ loves WoD

>being booted from /pol/ for being too /pol/

I don't think such lows even exists, user.

/pol/ is everything but unanimous. You are going to be booted no matter what your beliefs are.

How is that being "too" pol? Pol hates pedo's.

Quit being stupid.

Nice bait. They give it as an example in the merits and flaws chapter in the book.

But anyways, congrats on the troll thread.

Stop be retarded

>Stop be retarded

>bloat his content with superficial and meaningless details.
No, you prefer redundancy.

That's going to be hard, especially when you're the one being retarded and projecting.

No, you prefer not understanding what words mean.

What I don't think anyone has ever explained to you is that no one is 'offended'. You're being embarrassing. No one gives a shit if you eat kids, but if you roll up with "GONNA EAT KIDS LOL" then I'm going to assume, sans evidence to the contrary, that you're looking to take the most facile routes to 'comedy', 'maturity' (this is not to say you should be mature instead of 'mature', it is to highlight a pathetic attempt at emulating something, regardless of that thing's desirability) and gaming in general, and I really just don't want to put up with your sophomoric shit once a week for months and months.

>but if you roll up with "GONNA EAT KIDS LOL"

>What I don't think anyone has ever explained to you is that no one is 'offended'.

Ironic.

What I don't think anyone has ever explained to you is that no one is trying to make eating kids, LOL FUNNY. They're doing it because it sounds creepy and scary.

Grow up.

That's the point, though. It's not particularly creepy and scary. You're a vampire. Eating kids is going to be one of the more banal things you end up doing, and you probably WILL end up doing it, and that'll be part of the story. It's not eating kids that raises red flags. It's feeling the need to tell everyone that you're going to eat kids.

>It's not particularly creepy

Being the monster is never scary, but how the world reacts to them, can very much so result in that.

You clearly have a very limited perspective.

You clearly didn't read my post.

>not particularly creepy or scary

Nigga you what?

youtube.com/watch?v=ABcGHReGK5E

Now just imagine that scene involves a vampire instead.

Yea, I did, you have some expectation of the player to have some meta impact on the group, when you leave out the fact that I couldn't give a dick about the group in the meta sense, and I'm making a vampire that stalks children and eats them like a fucking fairy tale monster to be "scary" within the game-world.

Are you fucking dense?

'Not particularly' has a specific meaning, and I used it specifically. It is both creepy and scary, but by the metrics of V:tM, not very much. Fear is relative, and when you're playing immortal monsters wrapped up in centuries-old plots by even more immortal and more monstrous jerks, children dying is going to be the least of your worries.

>It's not eating kids that raises red flags. It's feeling the need to tell everyone that you're going to eat kids.

>tfw you'll never be an ethereal cross-dimensional drider impersonating a clown to harass and mock a bunch of adults

>feeling the need

This is the important bit.

I bet this guy was going to play Ventrue and did not have a good idea for flaw so he went with kids now you ppl think he is a creep

It is when it has the potential to blow the masquerade.

Again, what part of that post implied I gave a shit about telling everyone in the group?

If your excuse is "oh, well, within the game world," then what's the fucking point of RP'ing in the first place if not to observe the impact you have on it in someway?

If I want to dungeon-crawl I can go play a rogue-like.

You're not who we're talking about, though; we're talking about someone who opened with 'my vampire eats children'. Literally my opening post emphasized this.

>No one gives a shit if you eat kids, but if you roll up with "GONNA EAT KIDS LOL"

If you're arguing from some other point of view, I honestly have no idea why.

You realize you're talking about a game world in which part of the objective for Werewolves is to kidnap women and rape them, right?

>we're talking about someone who opened with 'my vampire eats children'

You're talking about a strawman. No one even hinted at that, and in the video with Spoony, he looked over his character sheet before-hand, so he had no idea whether he was going to announce it to everyone like a sperg, or if he was going to quietly roleplay him out.

True, but just because the game world supports it doesn't mean you gotta allow it at your table.

Fair. I guess I'm more responding to personal experiences than the thread itself.

White Wolf is a very silly company.

People actually watch this guy still?

He was funny for about 5 seconds back in 2008. Last I checked, he makes rambling, pointless vlogs and throws tantrums on twitter. And apparently all of his "contemporaries" (ie other internet-famous video losers) have disowned him due to his odious personality.

Fucking hot

Fucking lol @ the faggots defending this decision.

I bet you're the reason Fallout is full of unharmable immortal children these days.

>"Good heaves! The vile beast is here for me... I'll be ravaged times uncountable!"
>"Quit yer yapping wench, I'll be done with you once as the nature command and be on my way!"
>"Why such a hurry, big boy?"

>uses "wew lad" and "le" in his argument
>lectures others about maturity

But I bet you were only pretending to be retarded, right?

Inapplicable analogy. If you run around specifically killing all the kids you can get your hands on in Fallout the NPCs aren't going to feel creeped out by it. The other players around a table in a game of Vampire might, though.

"Full" is a little much, FO4 has maybe 5 or 6 kids in it. As someone who always runs with child killing mods I can't say I've ever actually bothered to do it since they're so rare.

Killing kids in 1 and 2 had serious consequences for killing kids, even if they threw a grenade at you first.

This is all a bunch of hyperbole anyway, feeding isn't necessarily fatal in VtM nor does it have to be roleplayed or described in any kind of detail.

You never go straight to your magical realm

>Plays a game called world of darkness
>Where the players are vampires
>Complains about players trying to be too edgy

I want to RP a Jewish vampire who only feeds off the blood of male children during their bris.

>Plays a game called Dungeons and Dragons
>Where the players are homeless mercenaries
>Complains about players trying to kill everything

I'm not sure how much of a market there is for a rabbi that only works in the middle of the night

>not exploring darker themes
>world of DARKNESS
It's like he doesn't even enjoy the feeling of screwing over another skeevy vampire while getting more precious gems and shekels from your sire

>All this stupid pointless arguing.
Have some context from the actual video:
That Guy previously fucked up his previous Shadowrun game by going maximum murder hobo in a public museum. Ended up taking hostages in what was supposed to be a milk run that would later lead to the actual plot, then shooting all the hostages which lead to an almost TPK.

That same Guy then came to a VtM game with a character from the one specific clan the GM told them not to come from with the one specific alignment (equivalent of chaotic-evil) he told them not to pick with child molesting subtext sprinkled on top. He then got kicked on the spot when he tried arguing with him.

Whelp that clears it up. Shitters got what he deserved.

>Pedivore
kek'd

>Ended up taking hostages in what was supposed to be a milk run that would later lead to the actual plot, then shooting all the hostages which lead to an almost TPK.

That sounds infinitely more interesting than anything Spoony had planned.

Stephen King is a hack.

If you recall, the shadowrun campaign, they were ALL in on it, not just him.