/bbg/ Blood Bowl General - KANGZ Edition

Veeky Forums fumbbl league is in round 5 for both Veterans and Rookies divisions.

BB2 league is in Round 6.

Chaos Dwarfs and Khemri confirmed for BB2 in the next few weeks.
bbtactics.com/
plasmoids.dk/bbowl/Bloodbowl.htm
1d4chan.org/wiki/Blood_Bowl

The rules implemented on fumbbl, the CRP (aka LRB6):
marmeladov.com/BB/LRB6.pdf

The new GW released 2016 edition:
mega.nz/#!5oZ1wRQZ!C4ksVQ_bEKIeA07EBKN0Q2LWOAsrgpHEiG_BND0nO2s
And the Deathzone Season 1 Supplement:
mega.nz/#!ktBllQAa!mHZskvUvvDISY2YE11O9Sedths12M4d2wuGXV2R8YD4

Stunty Leeg handbook:
fumbbl.com/files/Stunty_Leeg_Handbook_v1_0_1.pdf

Veeky Forums FUMBBL group:
fumbbl.com/p/group&group=9828&op=view

Veeky Forums Stunty Leeg group:
fumbbl.com/p/group&group=10178&op=view

Veeky Forums Secret League:
fumbbl.com/p/group&group=10393&op=view

Veeky Forums STALL League:
fumbbl.com/p/group?op=view&group=10591

IRC Server: irc.fumbbl.com
Port: 6667
Channel: #tg

Steam Community for Blood Bowl 2:
steamcommunity.com/groups/tgbloodbowl2

Previous Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

fumbbl.com/ffblive.jnlp?spectate=929826
fumbbl.com/ffblive.jnlp?spectate=929879
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Monkey league starting as simyin team leads vets.

Rigged before it starts.

We are in round 6 for vets and rookies but you get a B- anyways for making a thread.

I don't play BB2 but I've never seen shots of that winter stadium before. Is that being added or was it already in the game?

That's BB1 mate.

Do you guys think that BB2 will get all races that Chaos Edition did? Or are they giving up after they realize people aren't paying 7 bucks for a single race?

I want at least one Stunty team to show up, pls. ;_;

You think Cyanide's got anything better to do? I don't expect to have all the teams in the near future, but they're going to be there at some point. Buying BB2 a year and a half ago was an investment.

i seriously doubt their funding will last for that long
it's a game nobody is going to buy, and nobody will buy the overpriced teams either
they got the initial sales boom from old players who were convinced when they were promised all the teams for free, they won't even get to goblins before it's over

Did they promise all teams for free though? You'd think there would be some degree of an outrage if that was the case.

Maybe it's because people who bought the game early got the recent races for free, I guess.

Can't stop the monkey majik

They never promised all teams for free.

Why is it so expensive for 1 team?

maybe i am mistaken, but i thought if you pre ordered the game you would get every future team for free, and that for later purchases every team released after you purchase the game is free?
i know that nurgle and all teams before that worked like this, do they no longer do this?

Apparently, starting with Khemri/Chorfs, they're now 7 bucks per race, even if you already have the game.

I just played a game of so much bullshit I'm not even mad. Dwarfs vs Lizards.

By the end of the game 9 of my players were injured, including 5 AV9 Saurus. For the first 6 turns he injured a player per turn. I finished with 2 Skinks, a Saurus and a Kroxigor left over. If you're out there Donald Chump then enjoy your SPP you bearded bastard, the Salamanders are going into retirement.

is there a no concede league in bloodbowl 2? just played against a chaos guy like 400k tv higher than me, i badly hurt one of his warriors and he instantly conceded. pretty stupid how many games end in concedes

The official league has a 5 concedes per account per season rule.

How quickly will CODEX upload Chaos Dwarves and Khemri after the update?

Are Bretonians a decent team? Better than Humans, at least?

they're alright. i think the knights even get agi access now which is good, since they used to rely on doubles quite heavily.

but can't they just unplug their ethernet cable?

Still counts as a concession.

WHERE THE FUCK ARE MY HATLESS CHORF FAGGOTS YOU FRENCH FUCKS?

also ded

>opponent keeps making dumb pass plays all game
>doesn't make a vanity pass on turn16 with the 30spp +ag extra arms pestigor

What mutations would be good for the Chaos Dwarf team, per type of piece?

>buying dlc outside of sales and discounts
Almost every race is ~$4.60 at the Humble Store. It can go lower in other places, even Steam itself. Just be patient.

It's only the blockers and minotaur that have mutation access, so claw.

Hobgoblins have taken over as the hat master race

I mean, I already have all the currently released races, but I suppose I can wait a bit before I get the chorfs and Khemri.

Besides, if you're super patient, you can always wait for the inevitable Bloodbowl 2 Special Edition with all/most teams for relatively cheap.

They're looking pretty sweet, can't wait for them to release.

I just had a really bad game and I want to die. How do you guys get over the feeling that you got absolutely fucked over?

I don't get over it

By playing enough to expect it, mostly.

Don't make the mistake of thinking "my next game will go better, it has to!" because then confirmation bias kicks in to 5th gear and every 1 or skull you see will tilt you in to next week.

Excellent advice here. Last season we had a coach go 0-12 for the league despite another coach being brand new. By the 5th game, he was playing risky/desperate and pretty much beating himself.

Fapping ofc

Bump

they are worse and humans and i don't like how you seem to be implying humans are bad.

well what are you gonna do about it?

Humans are an average team at best. Brets, depending on the version can be better than humans.

humans are definitely on the good side of average, they are not very good,but at lowish tv they definitely work. Brets i will admit i don't have much experience with,but how are you suggesting to build them? Nobles are overcosted and yeomen aren't that good either, wreste makes them worse as guard pieces and slightly worse as killers(also you definitely don't need 4 killers), so how do you build them?

I wonder why there is such a large gap between texture quality. The jersey itself looks really solid, but stuff like the helmet/shoulderpads look like PS2 shit.

i wonder why they blur their images to hell and back

gfi

Rolled 5 (1d6)

I forgot to roll

I keep hearing the term "vanity pass" when watching YouTube vids trying to learn tactics, etc. Is this a football term or something or just a reference to the way the camera shows it off in the videogames?

Doing a pass give 1 SPP. So doing passes when in low danger situations to farm 1 SPP is a vanity pass,

TV 1250 vs TV 1700. I was the dark elf team.

What should I name my undead players? Coming up with names for orcs and humans is easy enough, and Veeky Forums helped me with some great names for my beastman team (such as Bleatdown and Billy the Kid). But for undead players, I'm drawing a complete blank. Not even sure what kind of tone or theme I should go for. Any ideas?

Has Cyanide ever done deals or bundles on the DLC races for Blood Bowl 2? I got the main game during some sale or other to see if I liked it (I do, but the AI taking one to two minutes every turn to decide what the fuck to do, before doing something completely retarded is pretty exasperating), but the prices for each of the extra races are an absolute joke.

Forgot to add: I'm on PS4. Apparently PC got some races for free depending on when they bought the game or something?

They go on sales, sometimes. Same time all other steam things...
>playing strategy games on consoles

Hey /bbg/, what kinda features/races would you like to see on BB2?

I'd just like for league management to be less shit compared to FUMBBL. Hell, even compared to Chaos Edition.

I personally went with names of zombie movie/series characters

Well... at least none of them are dead, right?
>inb4 the injury rolls made it so that it would have been better if they were dead

It's turn based, smartass, there's no problems playing turn based strategy on console.

Strategies are primarily games best experienced using a mouse.

>playing strategy games on consoles

It's not real time or requiring of any real precision management, user, so I'm not really sure I understand your point.

yeah bb2 has no real tv based matching that i've seen. you'd think with over 90 thousand teams in the main league they'd match you based on tv

They do, but if there's no good matches for you it gives you anything as long as it's up to 500 tv away. Also 90 thousand teams is not even close to representing how many people actually play the game.

functionally it gives 1 spp
but the term vanity pass derives from the fact your guys are just showing off by throwing the ball for no reason

Considering Steam Charts, 90k teams really don't reflect at all the amount of people playing, so I dunno what you're talking about.

Good to see a recent increase in players at least.

Forgot pic

Because of the sale on the Humble Store, I assume.

That's just like any game featuring creation, though. I heard a few years ago that the avg. character level in WoW is

well i didnt want new races this month anyway

I just recently started FUMBBL and I was watching matches, then i came across pic related, what the fuck is this?

It's ranked, if it helps.

It's a hacker, but FUMBBL has really good anti-cheating measures and hackers get flagged instantly if they try anything funny, like the one you posted

A special play card.

Can that be used under normal circumstances?

Never seen stuff like that when I played both BB1 and BB2.

Cards don't exist in Cyanide games because Cyanide. They are real thing

Yep, they're an option you can take as an inducement, like a Wizard, extra apothecary, babes, etc.

You pay a flat rate to draw a random card, which you keep hidden until you decide to use it. They have a variety of effects, some are shit, some are pretty cool.

cards are a necessity of blood bowl
it's not blood bowl without cards
the same can be said for the star player pool
inducements are completely awful in cyanide blood bowl, you're not supposed to be playing against teams with equal tv all the time

Inducements are awful in the online ladders because it tries to match TV, but private leagues are fine.

So, about the upcoming teams on BB2, Chaos Dwarves/Khemri, are they considered to be good? What's their general playstyle?

Chaos Dwarfs are very good. Their play revolves around the Bull Centaurs, who are s4 players that can move down the field very quickly. They have a core of basic dwarfs, but they get mutation access. Their weakness is that their basic linemen are really crappy, but they're also the only ag3 players the team has. Despite that setback, most Chaos Dwarf teams revolve around getting the ball on the Bull Centaurs for a fast-moving s4 scoring threat. One centaur will eventually get sure hands and become the carrier, while the other will be a dedicated blitzing piece.

Khemri is, well, not so great. They're also a team with very little ag2, but they lack the durability to compensate. Their most durable players, the Tomb Guardians, also have a negative skill that makes it easier for them to be permanently injured or killed, while most of the rest of the team is av7 (a bunch of skeletons). As such, they're a bash team that can be outbashed by even non-bash teams if the rolls are right, as the Tomb Guardians are not hard to isolate and the team suffers greatly as soon as they start falling over.

Most people rate them above stunty teams, but only just so.

khemri have 4 str 5 players but that's it for them really. you're best off keeping the team quite low tv because the tomb guardians are all you have and claw will remove them from the pitch. the guardians don't even have mighty blow anymore, so they're slow as hell to skill up, and they will die and die hard because of decay. team is just frustrating to play, your best bet is to have skeletons in reserve and gangfoul the shit out of people.

It's worth noting that khemri are the only undead team that does not get a lineman if they kill someone, this means that grinding out fouls has less reward for these guys
In addition, the only reason they are above a stunty team is their access to positionals, since without the thro-ra (and heaven help cyanide if they go with the "anointed thrower" bullshit) you will never get the ball since no one is above ag2

>anointed thrower
What does that mean?

Khemri's positionals are called Thro-ra (or thrower) and Blitz-ra (or blitzer) which were great, when geedubs re-released the teams, they changed their names to anointed thrower and anointed blitzer

fumbbl.com/ffblive.jnlp?spectate=929826

Za Underwarudo versus the Fumpers

Khemri are much better than other anons are saying. The ag2 and speed issues are real, but they remain one of the very best pitch control teams. I don't agree with the low tv argument, Khemri do fine at higher tv. A developed khemri team with a good ball handler, rounded TG's, killer blitzers and fouly
skeletons is a very strong unit. Even with unskilled TG's, ultimately st5 is st5, it is always hard to get 2d's on them, or to stop them pushing you about. They certainly can be tied up, which is why mb is a very important skill, and break tackle is strong too. Decay sucks yes, but regen is regen, so this is more of a team building problem than a match winning problem.

All that said, they're not not for newer players. If your positioning is bad, they have no crutches. AG4 teams and dodgers/blodgers are a major challenge until you get some tackle/mb on the blitzers, and ag4 will always prey on you to some extent at all tv's.

But overall, extremely strong pitch control team with the major weaknesses being low scoring potential and ability to react to or capitalise on turnovers.

i agree in general,but i think their sweetspot is 1500 tv, if you grow too much, chaos can rape your team too well, especially your TGs that die too easily against claw

Fumpers win 2-1, Werter takes team out behind woodshed

Gentlemen, Halp.

I fear I have overbuilt my Slaan team, I am up against a Goblin team in the first round of our Post-Season and he's got 660k in inducements.

Should I just start screaming now?

he's goblins. unless he has really good trolls, hmp bomber, a really good ball handler to stop slann cagebreaking ect, you're fine. probably gonna lose a couple players but that's expected against goblins

That is normal for goblins.

It's also normal for Slann, they have a real hard time avoiding bloat because their players are expensive.

Are we eventually getting better Star Players on BB2? Currently, inducements seem pretty shit when there's a big difference in TV.

So, basically, I'll probably win, but my team is going to look as if I tossed it into a wood chipper?

...well, it's going to make my post season draft a lot more manageable at least.

most likely, unless you can deal with his saw and fanatics quickly. the fanatic is guaranteed off the pitch if he falls over, so ganging up on it and 1 dieing it with block will probably remove it

His fanatic is injured this game actually, and I don't think he's going fire and rehire as a merc since the thing managed to score Mighty Blow thanks to two MVP's, so the worst I'll have to deal with there is the Star Player version.
A double Chainsaw play is distinctly possible, the guy's had a run of lukewarm performances from his star players so he's due for an almighty murderspree.

Remind me, there's a hard limit of 2 star players for inducements right?

no. you can have up to 16 players counting stars. so if he has 14 players then he can hire 2.

>post season draft
Is that the really shitty new rule or some other thing?

Sort of? The club decided to put it's own spin on it though. Where players you can't afford to redraft end up in a communal pool where other teams of the same race can hire them instead.

Assuming that were doing that for this year, this might not start until next year.

That is kinda cool. Shame it still sucks for high TV teams that roll bad on winnings

fumbbl.com/ffblive.jnlp?spectate=929879

Frugs vs Kangz

Draw because Slann decided getting passes was more important.

in my area, the boxed game BB made a spike of sale for the virtual BB. one is just that much convenient.
nobody in my flgs had the game and since gw sold the box we now have online tournaments of bb2.