Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

Organizations edition! What are your favorite organizations? Do they wear matching uniforms? Do they take teamwork feats? Do they just exist because reasons?

>THIS IS IMPORTANT!
If you want build advice make sure to say what 3pp you can use, if any.
>THIS IS IMPORTANT!

Unified /pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/JTj1yEmU

Avowed Playtest 1:
drive.google.com/open?id=0B5HkyGRtGZy3SWVhdWFBWERWWjg
Avowed Playtest 2: docs.google.com/document/d/1rV7kaF9JL2gw9xQalkEnlEDL9WXtbsaCqNABm_pLIgc/edit?usp=sharing
Malefex Playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1W3LrE8WyIxxYRr8d9dHsWioeUk_-HZaSMqVWRnzc9Fc/edit?usp=sharing
Legendary Kineticists II Playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/11_w1o5dSef2tzu2GDLnJKElHY3uyETzuzFHDAjI6P6k/edit?usp=sharing
Spheres of Might preview: docs.google.com/document/d/1aLaYQEFAWU4zQBx58boJPPaySLgJc0Emmw9eKyIJeGI/

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/document/d/1pyLq03W2ju58PcKOUq5YXoFowf_weBNzuWtjCMdINXk/edit?usp=sharing
d20pfsrd.com/
lmgtfy.com/?q=Pathfinder tiefling
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

As a player how do you feel about a game where you are part of a larger mercenary outfit? Under the following situation:

>1200 men
>one PC is a Major, commanding 300 men
>other PCs are either Lieutenants or Sergeants under the Major
>Above the major is commander and his second in command
>Meaning the players make up 1 of 6 major decision makers in the mercenary company

I am coming to realize likely is only working because I am running it for my friends who are much more comfortable handing over decision making power to another player

I feel that players should not be subservient to others but if it works for them then go for it.

Hey all, new SoM preview up!

docs.google.com/document/d/1pyLq03W2ju58PcKOUq5YXoFowf_weBNzuWtjCMdINXk/edit?usp=sharing

So how's everyone planning to an hero after you don't get picked for Return of the Juggalo Remix?

Is there any point between taking aberrant aegis compared to the normal aegis?

I usually just take normal aegis with astral skin so I figured maybe I can try aberrant but I cant bring myself to justify taking that

I have no idea what you're talking about. Please explain, I am not in with the hip cool kids crowd these days.

Some people want to be tentacle monsters.

Tentacles, user.

If you want to build a natural attack or grappler aegis aberrant is dope. If you don't then no, not really.

Red Mantis Assassins
Hellknights

My two favorite organizations

People keep saying 'oh just use Aberrant Aegis' when I say I like buildamonster classes, but in all honesty, Aberrant is shit outside of tentacles.

I don't like the mandatory shit that aberrant forces you to take, or the fact that the tentacle build is basically all it has going for it. Also, like said, it's one of those things people spout when you say you want a build-a-monster class.

Yeah, I think I'll have to go with the "abandoned at birth" route with the drow-orc half-breed.
What else should I do with him? Raised in a religious orphanage and became one of the faith-based classes? Nature-loving hermit?

No, don't an hero immediately!

Some of our fellow rejects might say fuck it and be the DM we need!

So, did anyone actually buy bloodforge?
A big update's been pushed out with new art and other mechanical changes.

Is it sad I can tell that art isn't for Pathfinder because the armor looks nice, the faces look nice, and all three of them are white guys?

>am dm
How do other dms deal with pow or gestalt power levels?

Run a few test encounters to see how much hp bloat is needed to have fun then throw them in the deep end anyways and laugh.

As long as you're willing to allow the party to flee, plan, and wage asymmetric warfare on encounters, it's pretty hard to make something too powerful unless you go full retard.

So variant multiclassing for monk. The first level is you gain the monk's armor restriction....but you don't gain the monk's armor bonus? Who thought this was a good idea?

>middle guy
>white
How do you know?

>oh my god, he's hideous!
>wait! wait! honey, it's a misunderstanding, this is jus~
>YOU CHEATING SLUT! YOU FUCKED THOSE PINKSKINS DIDN'T YOU!

Go with an episode of Orc Maury.

1) You need to trust the players to not build crazy things, and rein them in if they do. This is already true even in 1pp PF, but more true in gestalt.

2) Play it by ear. All the standard encounter building tips and tricks apply.
Give up on trying to enforce resource attrition though.

I onow you can't multiple archetypes that change the same class features. What happens if the onky conflict is high level? Am I fine if I just bail before reaching that level?

You were right, this preview had a lot of punch in it. I gotta say, I really like the boxing sphere, especially being able to actually air juggle people as well as launch teammates.

no

RAW you're shit outta luck.

MAYBE if it's high level stuff only, beyond the scope of the campaign, maybe you could get the GM to give you an exception.

But RAW you're fucked.

Depends on the DM honestly. By RAW it's not allowed, but a generous DM might agree and go "yeah, as long as you don't get that high up in that class it's fine".

No. I rarely use art from PF. Just part of the masochism

Intuition!

More importantly, if it was a woman or black the artist would make it very obvious (Paizo does!)

You don't have to do it exactly as the original guy did it. Some anons expressed interest in a Gestalt without PoW or SoP, or even single-classed. If you did want to do exactly the rules the RotJR GM was running with, more power to you, you madman.

Personal preference?
1pp + Forrest + Jolly. Other 3pp stuff on case-by-case. Feat tax rules are yes, gestalt with 25 PB. A lot of DSP stuff, like psionics or some of the feats from PoW, are fine, but no initiating.

Accepting people like me who couldn't abuse the gestalt rules to make an ubermensch even if they wanted to is a good place to start. :^)

>(Lie)

Why would I accept a player who doesn't even know the rules of the game, or the current meta?

>expecting balanced VMCs

>meta
That doesn't even make sense.

I personally dislike gestalt, but PoW doesn't -really- imbalance things as long as all martials are playing an initiator.

You just buff the mob HP a bit and call it a day. Maybe ban Broken Blade discipline.

>but PoW doesn't -really- imbalance things as long as all martials are playing an initiator.
Yeah that's a problem.

Fuck anyone who wanted to be a blaster caster, kineticist, bomber alchemist, etc.

I did
Haven't checked yet, so would I just check the store I bought it from?

Hey all of those are nice and fit in perfectly, except for kineticist. Blaster casters do absurd amounts of damage if you do it properly, and bomber alchemist isn't too bad off either.

It's some weeb shit that weeb-faggots here keep pushing, where "lewdness" abounds. I fucking hate them so much.

These posters from the Humble Bundle aren't too bad.

Is it just me or does it seem like everytime they depict a male and a female neither are the same race?

Rise of the Jade Regeant. The game you made Riktor for.

Just embrace it and become one of us user, it's not so bad. They let you keep the part of the brain they cut out.

oh no those can work as well.
obviously not a standard kineticist, but a Gambler (blaster caster), Avant-Garde (turns with eidolons), Onslaught Sniper (I've run the numbers. Different optimization path, but very capable) or the like, those all can do well. Very well in fact.

Or of course a channel or rounds type Avowed does the job as well, and that's EXACTLY what the Turbo-type Spellburst is designed to be thrown in with, so that's at least three types of blaster caster warlocky models covered without much effort.

Bomber Alchemists have a few paths of their own as well, and their /day bomb limit basically comes down to "1 or 2 full attacks of this ability per encounter per day".

>Is it just me or does it seem like everytime they depict a male and a female neither are the same race?

FUCKING LIBKEK PROPAGANDA

>San Francisco based company
>Not pushing race-mixing

Come on, don't be racist now, it's 2017 after all.

>a Gambler (blaster caster), Avant-Garde (turns with eidolons), Onslaught Sniper (I've run the numbers. Different optimization path,
A really fucking hate that there is no easy way to make the kineticist not Con based.

/pol/ mind, please leave.

You know what they say. Every chocolate girl needs a little vanilla.

But CON based is a good thing isn't it?

Can I get a rundown on why con based casting is bad? I was under the impression that it would be a good thing since everyone wants at least decent con already.

>drow
>orc
No pink here, brah

Its a easy way to make characters look different. Same with one male and one female.

Also you need to stop getting triggered.

Seattle, actually.

Well, there's one they got that depicts a white human male and female pair. They're being defeated. I'd post it but it's 16(!)Mb.

Is it just me, or has Crowe's armor gotten progressively bulkier?

Yes, it's mechanically the strongest casting stat, but I honestly prefer a more standard mental stat based casting.

So cerebral kineticist from KOP 1? Like that sounds like what you're looking for here, it modifies the base class pretty lightly.

What's the crow race here?

Not compatible with any of the archetypes listed because they all modify the class really heavily.

Tengu?

Tengu

>if they aren't white, something is wrong

10m sprint

Why did the magus iconic have to be so shit

I feel like you guys are really over analyzing this shit.

Are there tieflings in Pathfinder?

You I like. Very funny.

Why?

Two feats can set the stat to WIS or CHA instead, see one of the DSP kineticist pdfs.

The first feat is a prereq that lets your HP go off WIS/CHA instead of CON as well, so it's not a bad deal.

No

Google

Anyway I can change it to Int so I can have all my bases covered or am I out of luck?

Also doesn't that feat require several others that need you to be either an abberation or a plant?

What's a good item for a martial under 4k gp that isn't a weapon or armor enchantment?
DM is allowing any one item at that price or less, no idea what is good because I had actually planned to take cash for a magic weapon.

I just do. I'd rather my mage be smart, wise, or charismatic than just "tough". Let's you keep the standard feel and flavor.

Can't tell if true or not, since this one and d&d shares the same fanbase.

>Anyway I can change it to Int so I can have all my bases covered or am I out of luck?

Int was specifically left out. Probably to avoid skillpoint cheese.

>Also doesn't that feat require several others that need you to be either an abberation or a plant?
It's only a two feat chain. Yes, you need to be a weird creature type, but the Reborn trait in Avowed (Or the new Mixed Blood trait in the Bloodforge update) let you qualify.

>Trade out feats for Practitioning(?)
This will either be pretty worth it, or pretty trash.
I will wait and see

I played Hell's Vengeance today, it was fun! I didn't do much grappling (and it wasn't that spunky) but I did do a lot of slashing, killed a goo thing in one hit, stuff like that!

GM was a pretty cool guy! One of my compatriots should have the logs up soon!

>Let's you keep the standard feel and flavor.
You have an odd definition of flavor, D&D has never followed traditional magic as it's described in mythology.
>d20pfsrd.com/
And the answer, you mongrel idiot, is yes, there are tieflings.

lmgtfy.com/?q=Pathfinder tiefling

But will save cheese is fine?
>two feat chain
That's still a pretty big fucking opportunity cost.

I've just become very mistrustful of information in wikis or any information at all.

Other reason to take Aberrant Aegis that other people haven't mentioned is if you want to use Astral Skin but want to be able to use an actual psychoactive skin as well.

>Got rejected from Dragon Game
>DMs always seem to reject characters that were recycled from previous apps
>Just have to throw her away apparently

>You have an odd definition of flavor, D&D has never followed traditional magic as it's described in mythology.
Yeah, but generally energy based stuff and heavily magic focused classes all rely on some kind of mental stat and I'd prefer to use that as opposed to just constitution.

How do I encourage or integrate RP, I'm getting bored with so much dungeoneering and combat.

Is that ripped from a NSFW pic?

Then you are a fool, a mongrel, and indeed not muh nigga.
So you want to keep the sacred cow, is what you are saying?
Are you DM or player?

Who was she?

It's because it's goddamn OBVIOUS.

It's one thing to keep the concept, but another thing entirely when someone at most changed a few words in their app, and maybe missed a spot or two.

This may not be you specifically for that last part, but there WERE both Molthune and Dragon apps with that exact problem.

what do you think?

>Checking applications to my game
>Most of them are generic donut steel stuff
>And then there's the fucking colt .45 wielding, gas-mask wearing combat medic
Jesus H Christ.

HVGM here.

First session finished, great times were had by all.

Our "heroes" successfully collected back-taxes from a tannery operator, before retiring home to their dilapidated ruin of a hideout. After meeting their mysterious benefactor and receiving some wonderful weapons, forged from silver, Fleur-de-lys was treated to a face punching by an angry bathtub inhabiting pile of undead slime. This was quickly cleaned up by our Spunky Bardbarian merlady, who happened to acquire a silvery gem encrusted greatsword as her reward for the job.

Soon after, a great feast was shared between them, as they drank and told stories throughout the night, into dawn.

Player.

Congratulations on learning something new today then because the pfsrd is basically the official resource for all of this crap.

Being mistrustful of "any information at all" also makes you sound like a complete retard.

Honestly, switching from Con to a Mental stat on a kineticist is such a big fucking nerf I'd let somebody do it for free.

So instead of lots of Hit points you either get lots of skill points(on a class with pretty shitty skills too), a fat will save, or straight up fucking nothing.

What possible reason would someone have to lie to you and tell you that tieflings are in Pathfinder when they're not?

There's no truth, only degrees of lies.