EDH/COMMANDER GENERAL

"Bad" Creatures Edition

Last Thread RESOURCES

>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.
tappedout.net

>Another resource for commander discussion; they have an entire forum dedicated to discussing decks. People often make primers, which go into detail about how they built and play their deck.
mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the internet.
edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.
manabasecrafter.com/

>CARD SEARCHING

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface.
magiccards.info

What kind of bad creatures do you run in certain decks?
>Pic related Rogue Tribal

Other urls found in this thread:

deckstats.net/deck-12147076-ca6aad82c7a3cd93450ffbb5255c586f.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Post'em

OK. And again, why would I focus on tokens/EBT when the deck is focused on Keywords? If you think I should play a different commander, fair, but the deck is Odric keyword soup for a reason. You keep pushing Mentor, but I'm not seeing how overwhelmingly helpful that's going to be in a deck that has a fair amount of card draw, and cares more about giving my creatures shiny keywords than it does dropping 10000 1/1's.

Except that you didn't even actually answer my question, which was instant speed keyword effects. I literally never asked for white goodstuff and card draw, that was you saying I needed it, even though I would argue that the deck has a decent amount of card draw with Puresteel, Bygone, Skeleton Key, and a bit of recursion from the grave.

>flip cards not allowed as commanders
boo!

Why is Purph so fun?

>has a fair amount of card draw
Bygone Bishop
Puresteel Paladin
Skeleton Key
Survive the Night
Sea Gate Wreckage

No

Your keywords are useless without bodies user, bodies that you get through card draw and tokens.

What happens after Odric has eaten his third removal spell? Your deck completely falls apart without him.
Bygone is worse than MotM, plain and simple.

It's a commander deck that focuses on the commander. I fail to see how that's a problem, but you obviously don't want to actually help me, and instead really don't want me to play Odric.

Thank you for your effort, even though it was wasted.

>asks for help
>provide feedback that would improve deck
>doesn't like advice and claims I'm attempting to sabotage him
>?????

Okie.

>It's a commander deck that focuses on the commander
This is fun and all, but your deck is pretty much useless without him. Trust me, I've done "roll deep build-around-me-or-nothing-works" type of decks, and they're fun at low-power tables but will get absolutely ripped apart by anyone running a moderate amount of disruption, which all competent decks should.

Fine then. Just don't bitch your deck is not working properly cause i gurantee you that it'll fall apart which is why i suggested "white good stuff". Have a nice day.

if you guys are going to post deck list image in every thread can you at least build some new ones so you dont just sit here and post the same image 3 times a day for weeks on end? i like seeing the generals decks but fuck its getting old

Don't bother, he's already proven to be rabidly against anything that doesn't fit his narrative of proper deck building.
He'll continue with his unpleasant behavior, giving a bad name to White players everywhere.

I'm not made of money, user

That's why i only posted my shit list once.

But user, I did update mine. This is the old one.

i dont care if you post them more than once or update them but there are a ton of people who keep posting the same shit over and over and over every single thread

And what was the help I asked for?
It wasn't "How can I make this a tokens deck" it was "Instant speed combat tricks."

What advice did you provide?

To greentext my perspective:
>Ask about instants
>Get told I need more card draw
>Get told I should ignore keywords for EBT
>Get told to buy generic white goodstuff
>Ask why I should change the deck from Keyword Soup to EBT
>'Token better'
>"I can't be bothered to notice that none of the cards in the deck are over $10, it's your fault for not saying the deck is budget when you asked for advice on instant speed keywords, rather than packing card draw, bounce/ETB, or token production into the deck."

I understand that the deck is useless without him, but unless I'm playing a different commander, I'm not quite certain what other way to make Odric that couldn't be done significantly better with another commander.
Seriously, all I asked for was instant speed keyword effects!

Again, where did I ask for help in that regard? If you want to send me money and/or cards so I can make the deck you want, by all means.

What is my 'narrative of proper deck building'? Not wanting to change the deck from the one theme that actually works with the commander to an entirely inappropriate one?

There's a core group that post here the most, so you're going to see them a fair amount. Where's yours?

I feel like Zada would be more your style. Very good at instant speed combat tricks, and potentially MASSIVE card draw

it has not changed since the last time i posted it a few days ago so there is no reason to post it now

>Zada
For Mono Red I was actually thinking either Grenzo Lantern to steal people's shit from the top of their deck or Hidetsugu 'Fuck Everyone, including me.'
Zada is most certainly going in Jeskai, though beyond Shu Yu spellslinger I'm not certain what else to do with it.

Well if you can't beat 'em, join 'em

see the problem is you are violently equating everything that doesn't directly align with 'keyword soup' as an attack against your idea of the deck when in fact 'keyword soup' is quite compatible with a token subtheme, especially when you are in the color most notoriously known for having NOTHING to fall back on after a board wipe. This type of behavior is prone to negative reaction from people that were, honestly, being courteous enough to answer your request for assistance.

A moderate dip in some form of token generation, and the cards that best abuse them (MotM/Skullclamp), would go a long way in giving your deck longevity. At what point did anyone tell you to scrap your commander and get a new one? You are jumping at shadows user

>8.5 Tails
You're awesome, user. Post a decklist? Ol' Eighty is underused and unappreciated

Zada really shines with its own deck, unless you roll it in an aggro Wort build or something. Shu Yun works better on his own, or with things like Mentor and Yung Peezy to get tokens off casts.

Grenzo Mayhem is fun, I use him in the 99 of Alesha, and Hidetsugu is also major league fun but draws huge amounts of hate from the get-go.

They didn't answer my request for assistance though, they told me to put in things I didn't ask for.
Again, when did I ask for card draw/ETB/Tokens?

YOU NIGGER I GAVE YOU A SEARCH ENGINE THAT YOU CAN USE TO SEARCH FOR BUDGET CARDS.
I LISTED EXPENSIVE CARDS CAUSE YOUR INITIAL POST NEVER SAID IT WAS BUDGET YOU COCK SUCKING FAGGOT
PEOPLE GIVE YOU ADVICE BUT YOU SHOVE YOUR HEAD UP YOUR ASS AND SAY "NUH UH"
YOUR DECK WILL NOT WORK. THAT'S WHY THE ADVICE IS GIVEN TO YOU
THAT'S WHY I INITIALLY TOLD YOU THOSE CARDS
YOUR
DECK
WILL
NOT
WORK
NOW FUCK OFF OR BE HUMBLE AND ACCEPT THAT YOU WERE NOT THINKING CLEARLY

>Anything I should change before I bite the bullet and buy the rest of this deck? I feel like I have better options for instants that grant various effects.

You are utterly hopeless.

And here I thought proxy user was the most autistic user in /edh/
Godamn.

Problem is it just suffers from good card draw engine because mono-white. Not that user but I also play 8.5 and I've won a few matches but the problem is that I just can't draw gas when I need it outside of using stuff like temple bell, mind's eye, scroll rack and top.

Yeah oh yeah, mono white and mono red both have terrible draw problems.

I love mono white regardless, however. White best color forever.

>Get massive amounts of mana through mana rocks/doublers
>have EaaHT out
>makes all of your opponents lands White until EoT
>Cast All is Dust
>?????
>wonder why you aren't just playing armageddon + faith's reward

I'm ignoring the advice that doesn't do anything for the deck as it is, a Keyword Soup deck focused on Odric, because that's what I want to play, not token etbetc effects. Why are you so angry about me 1. Playing the deck I want to play, not the deck you want me to play, and 2. My playgroup being primarily 75% decks or turbo-casuals?

Why won't the deck work? It has a moderate amount of card draw, one ramp, which for white that isn't using land tax is decent, a solid finish, mass protection in the form of a fair amount of stuff granting indestructible/hexproof/evasion.

And what is the second part of that? It's the specific thing that I requested help with, instants that grant effects, which I will grant is nebulous. I should have specified that I wanted instant speed keywords that Odric could give to everyone.

That's cool but where's the card draw?

I don't care what time it is where you live, please go to bed and stop shitting up this thread.

top fucking rofl

>Anything I should change
>Anything

your damage control will not hide your autism at this point user, stop

IT IS NOT ENOUGH. YOU DO NOT HAVE ENOUGH DRAWS.
IT IS NOT ENOUGH
YOU WILL SPUTTER OUT
IT IS PLAIN AS DAY YOU DO NOT HAVE ENOUGH EDH EXPERIENCE
IT
WILL
NOT
WORK

i really like that flavor desu

if you have the stomach, you may peruse the previous thread for the subject of MonoW draw. It was touched on heavily there and the afterbirth of that discussion has spilled over into this one

Great fucking start to the thread, lads

This one's going right up there with Police State LGS and 29 Swamps Anowon in "The Great Big Book of /EDH/ Fuck-Ups"

>the atraxa precon is like 90 bucks
>originally bought 10 for 35 each

thi was the easiest money ive ever made desu

But it was OK b/c he had a Dark Ritual!!

But this is hilarious. And before anyone posts "I was just pretending I was retarded," I honestly don't want to change the deck that much, and I'm not trying to troll, this is just too funny.

And after I said that that was not the direction I wanted the deck to go?

So what you are saying is I should add more cantrips that give keywords, gotcha, makes sense. I'll have to cut some low cost creatures to make it happen though.

I think it's an important distinction to recall that white is somewhat unique in that it's ramp is fucking weird compared to the other colors, which is a good thing, usually. Being able to cheat out plains is surprisingly satisfying.

>atraxa precon is like 90 bucks
What the fuck, why? Just because of her and Nightlight Fish?

HOLY FUCKING SHIT
BUDGET RAMP
AND IT'S A CREATURE
MEANING IT GETS AFFECTED BY ODRIC'S BOOST
WOOOOOW
IF ONLY I SCRATCHED MY BALLS TO FIND OUT ABOUT THIS
WHITE NEEDS ALL THE HELP IT NEEDS
ALL
THE
HELP

But does it add keywords?

Strictly worse than Solemn Simulacrum in a monowhite deck.

This sexy fellow, however, is fucking amazing.

GEE I DON'T KNOW
WHY DON'T YOU ASK THE GATHERER?
NOT ALL OF THE CREATURES NEED KEYWORDS
YOU'LL BE USING SOME CREATURES WITHOUT KEYWORDS CAUSE THEY'LL STABILIZE YOUR DECK
THAT'S WHAT THE EQUIPS AND AURAS ARE FOR
AND YOU DON'T EVEN HAVE GRAVEYARD RECOVERY FOR THOSE AURAS,EQUIPS, AND CREATURES

leave the nigger alone, it's not his fault he's retarded

all you're doing now is encouraging him with (You)s

What is Sun Titan, Emeria Shepherd, Bruna, Marshal's Anthem, and Buried Ruin?

Oh, and Emeria, The Sky Ruin itself, I had forgotten it was there as well.

>RECOVER AURAS AND EQUIPS
YOU ONLY HAVE 2

I think you mean:
>RECOVER ARTIFACTS
>YOU HAVE ONLY THREE
>RECOVER AURAS
>YOU HAVE ONLY TWO

Get it right scrub, if you are going to be angry at me for not playing your deck, at least get angry at the right things.

Instant speed bounce for hazezon.

NO I WILL NOT DO IT RIGHT CAUSE YOUR DECK SUCKS.
THERE I SAID IT.
THIS IS THE LAST (YOU) YOU'LL GET FROM ME TONIGHT

Kor Cart is a powerhouse in my Stormfront pauper deck.

Thank you user, that was fun.

this was suggested in the earlier thread, eventually devolving into the autism you see before you. It is best if you ignore the conversation in it's entirety which i guess includes my advice to ignore it

Haven't bought a pack in ages and decided to get an SOI one and pulled pic related, I feel RW is horrible in commander especially since I only have tajic in my bin but I want to use it. Now my question, what is a good RWx commander that I can make this work in

Akiri?

Boros is shit in commander, nobody is going to argue with you strongly on that.

She's perfect for Alesha. See also: Key to the City

Alesha

Boros has a niche. It's just that a variety of people get butt-mad when their lands are all sent to the GY.

>search for blightsteel: the card

Well I was also looking for specifically any RWx commander, not strictly boros. I would do kaalia but she's too rich for my blood.

Interesting idea, I wouldn't be too worried about getting her ult off. Any good dorks to run in alesha? I don't want to be the master of cruelties guy

avalanche riders, blinding angel, Kor cartographer!

EDHRec will be of use there

C17 is only 11 months away! Let's make baseless speculations so we can screencap and see how wrong we were when the time comes!

>Allied Colors (finally)
>Commander gimmick will be some flip/transform effect that relates to the theme of the deck
>W/G will be Innistrad human token tribal and will feature some Heron's Grace champion. It will be comparable to C14 Green. It will include Parallel Lives, Second Harvest, Sigarda 2.0. The commander transformation will be some massive anthem effect.
>G/R will be something from Zendikar and will feature ramp/big creatures and will mostly be picked apart for Xenagod (who will be in the deck) and Omnath decks. The transform effect will have something to do with manlands. Raging Ravine will not get a reprint.
>R/B will be from Amonkhet and will be pain-themed. The commander will be expensive to cast and a pain to transform but will end the game quickly. One or both Ashlings will be included.
>B/U will be from Kaladesh and have some special Aetherborn with a mill effect. Oona and Phenax will be included and it will be the weakest of the set, comparable to C15 B/W.
>U/W will be some Azorius character and will be stax nofun. Due to some degenerate combo/synergy with the new commander, it will be the most powerful in the set. It will include GAAIV.

what's a no-fun commander that prevents stuff from happenining? players can't cast spells on other players turns, creatures come in tapped, fog effects, shit like that

i just wanna be annoying

Derevi stax.
Daretti stax.
Grand Arbiter Augustin Stax.
Leovold hand denial.
Red actually has a lot of stuff that taps or destroys lands if tapped on other people's turns.

Ruric Thar might be a good option that is powerful and oppressive but not entirely unfun. Include Vorinclex, Urabrask, Vexing Shusher, and Spore Frog.

OG Teferi for spell prevention Angus Mackenzie if you got money to blow, enter tap guys are only urbrask and emn thalia. If you wanna go full enter tapped mode I recommend orb of dreams

Got a link to 29 Swamps Anowon thread?

Kismet or Frozen Aether for it to be one-sided

Ebonblade Reaper and Keldon Firebombers are fun ones

thanks for the recs anons, i'll look into those

Wait scratch on Keldon Firebombers. Just Ebonblade Reaper

Maybe Graveblade Marauder for some synergy. And that Skulk enchantment from SOI/Intimidation from Mercadian Masques

What's /edhg/'s opinion on Jolt539 and Jumbo Commander?

Aurelia Voltron baby.

Combat phase is important for RW so might as well take two every chance you can.

My buddy runs it and it can be surprisingly great. However it only really shines in a 1v1 matchup and can flop in multiplayer (he may take one person out but then he dies).

For multiplayer another friend uses Iroas (the RW theroes god) and it has better multiplayer results.

How does that Fiend Hunter "exile shit forever" stack work?

GAA4 is the obvious answer but really UW and any combination that includes those two has a great chance of being opressive.

The archtype you are looking for is Stax, and you won't just be annoying you will be a down right drag on the entire table.

I play Memnarch with Stax and people will walk by the table, see the Orbs out or Stasis and just look visibly disgusted.

And I love it

>Post'em

The exile and return clauses are two seperate things. You just have to trigger both at the same time so that you have both parts on the stack at the same time. Then since you get to order them you just have the second part resolve before the first, returing nothing. Then the exile can happen.

While the first ability is on the stack, you bounce/blink/etc the Fiend Hunter, so that when the first ability resolves the origin is technically a new and different one than what made the first ability, so the second ability never triggers and the target stays exiled forever.
This only works with temp-exiles where it's two separate abilities, like Fiend Hunter and original Oblivion Ring. Newer cards have both parts in one ability, and so don't work at all with this. (Wizards wized up and fixed the loophole for newer cards)

FH enters battlefield, trigger makes you chose a target for exile
with the exile trigger on the stack, bounce/sac/flicker FH
FH's exit the battlefield triggers, returning nothing from exile b/c nothing has reach there yet
FH exile on ETB resolves, exiling the target 5ever

>can't decide what route to take with Alesha
Fuck

I've been putting this deck off for like a year

>not going Genderqueer Tribal
pack it full of cards like pic related and Rakish Heir

>Wizards will never do Storm on a Stick again

That's pretty nasty. I like it.

Does this guy work the same way?

Yes, because he's part of the older generation and his are two separate abilities.

yes, again you need to provide some outside source to bounce/flicker/sac

That's not at all how that works, how can a creature enter and leave the battlefield at the same time letting you choose the order of the triggers?

All you do is make Fiend Hunter leave the battlefield before the ETB trigger resolves.

Don't explain things if you don't understand them.

>Reanimator
So difficult
Wheels, discard effects, graveyard tutors. Super simple stuff.
Win with Master of Cruelties or Raving Dead.

That's also not how it works. The O-Ring interaction doesn't give a shit about what the original object is that triggered the ability, all it needs is for the LTB to trigger before the ETB resolves, allowing for the target to be permanently exiled.

2 main routes:
1. general reanimator - as in you've got plenty of stuff to reanimate and plenty of ways to get it there and reanimate it
2. 2 power cap etb spam - this is what I did, and while it may not be top-of-the-charts or anything, it's a blast to play and I love it

My Alesha:
deckstats.net/deck-12147076-ca6aad82c7a3cd93450ffbb5255c586f.html

Guy who was building Grimgrin here. I went and bought some cards at my lgs and this is what I've come up with so far

Lands 28
7 islands
12 swamps
Evolving wilds
Cavern of souls
Haunted fengraf
Waterveil cavern
Drowned catacomb
Bojuka bog
Grand colisuem
Command tower
Terramorphic expanse
Ash barrens

Creatures 17
Diregraf ghoul
Ghoulraiser
Diregraf Captain
Havengul runebinder
Black cat
Abattoir ghoul
Rotcrown ghoul
Corpse traders
Prized amalgam
Relentless dead
Kheru lich Lord
Geralf's masterpiece
Noosegraf mob
Wight of precinct six
Lilianas elite
Wailing ghoul
Crows of dark tiding

Sorcery 8
Grave exchange
Ghostform
Reap the seagraf
Moan of the unhallowed
From under the floorboards
Army of the damned
Welcome to the fold
Ever after

Instant 3
Gravepurge
Necrobite
Forbidden alchemy

Enchantment 2
Endless ranks of the dead
Cellar door

Artifact 5
Lightning greaves
Skullclamp
Sol ring
Commander sphere
Fellwar stone

Total 63

I still need to get Grimgrin, gravecrawler, and rooftop storm, but aside from that, any other cards I should look into?

tappedout please

Should I run Baral as a commander or as one of the 99 on a Talrand deck?

im sorry, rest well you poor bastard. you deserve it.

you are a dumbass.

you should always run more draw engines that are on bodies.