What is the point of a puzzle game? What do I win when I'm finished with it...

What is the point of a puzzle game? What do I win when I'm finished with it? All I end up getting is a headache because my brain was put to so much work.

sure

>What do I win when I'm finished with it?
the point is that you feel self-satisfied about how clever you are

>What do I win when I'm finished with it?
Self Satisfaction.

Enjoyment.

If you don't get enjoyment, don't spend your money on puzzle games.

You get to act smug when other people can't finish it.

You get one tiny piece of ammunition in your constant battle to convince yourself you're not retarded or brain damaged.

Pro tip: you can never be sure. Maybe all your accomplishments are either your imagination or the work of very talentful care personnel? What if you understand the world fundamentally wrong?

Replay it
Speedrun it
Git gud

Move on to the 5x5.

My brother is addicted to those fucking things, he has dozens in all shapes and sizes. He's got a 2x2, got a 12x12, he's got a pyramid, he's got a cube where all the rotating faces are differently skewed triangles that turn at wonky angles, he's got one with a plastic film in it that lets you unfold it like a Jacob's ladder to get at the second cube nested inside. It's terrifying.

suck ur own peepee
alternatively, treat it as work-out for brains

Next step up: solve the Lament Configuration.

>What is the point of a puzzle game?
It's to feel superior to people that can't solve it.

it's to feel superior to your self that couldn't solve it.

I understood that reference.

It is a good thing for the purpose of mental focus and problem solving, or, at least one form of problem solving.

So you can get into the real game.

What is the point of a tabletop game?
What do I win when I'm finished with it? All I emd up getting is hours lost because my time was put to so mant tasks.

bump

Because it's challenging.

What is the point of a game? To have fun. People who play puzzle games feel challenged by the puzzles, and they find it enjoyable to figure them out, and once the puzzle is finished, they feel satisfied because they did something that was challenging for them. Same goes for most games:
>present the player with a challenge
>player completes the challenge
>player feels satisfied

There are exceptions to this, sure, but those are often time less games and more "here's a story while you do something or other on screen".

>Not masturbating while solving a puzzle

>HAYDEE

Consider that if we asked every human being alive that question, and then executed every person who answered it like you have, we would objectively improve humanity. There'd be pretty much nobody left except East Asian people, old Scottish women and Germans.

stupid animeposter

Well, that escalated into some bullshit real quick, and that's coming from a German.

Glad to hear it Dietrich, if the fertility rates are anything to go by that's the only thing that's come from a German since 1945.

>and that's coming from a German.
Like that adds any weight at all to what you said. Go away Ahmed.

I agree with the first part, many would die, and we'd be better as a society for it. I disagree that only East-Asian people, old Scottish women, and Germans would be left.

We'll have recorded music of pennies hitting the sidewalk playing in the testing room so that the Jews can't concentrate, that'll filter them out. Who else?

No one would survive. You wouldn't have enough people left to maintain a stable breeding population, never mind global infrastructure.

Humanity would die with that generation.

Do the same to any species and you'll get the same result.

The living were a mistake - one your new robot overlords will not allow to repeat.

Obviously we should breed with the robots.

>implying that humanity hasn't been reduced to a couple of thousand / hundred thousand individuals at other times in prehistory due to mass extinction events

I think that we can glean at least 1 million people out of the 7-ish billion human beings on Earth who like puzzles. We're going to have to write off entire continents, but that's fine, because we can just divvy them up by what kinds of puzzles the survivors like

Sudoku people get Asia, Crossword people get the Americas, Minesweeper people get the Middle East, etc.

Name of anime?

>Minesweeper people get the Middle East
Don't you mean Indochina?

It's a streetfighter comic.

I was on a death march programming project, and I couldn't stand not delivering anything day after day. I would play puzzle games like Sokoban to get that little endorphin dose for solving something, and that's what kept me going. I don't think I would've made it otherwise.

Crazy concept, some people like to use their brain. It's enjoyable.

That said, fuck anyone that thinks solving a cube of any kind makes you a genius. it's just memorization. once you can do a 3x3, 4x4, and 5x5, you can solve literally every variation of _x_

>Advocates for eugenics based on intelligence when he doesn't even know where Sudoku originated from.

the people who advocate for this kind of shit are always the people who would fail the very tests they call for.

>the people who advocate for this kind of shit are always the people who would fail the very tests they call for.

the same can be said about 'communists'

You fucking idiot OP.

That's like asking "What's the point of playing chess? You don't win anything when you're finished with it!"

Isn't there a movie based off of this?

It doesn't matter who invented it, what matters is the people who enjoy it most.

I've been in such a game once. It was not fun.

It's incomprehensible to anyone but an autist who was previously explained how it works and has a pre-made map. To everyone else it's just entering a random room until something interesting happens.