Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

Exciting new games edition.
What new horizons do you want to show /pfg/?

Unified /pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/JTj1yEmU

Avowed Playtest 1:
drive.google.com/open?id=0B5HkyGRtGZy3SWVhdWFBWERWWjg
Avowed Playtest 2: docs.google.com/document/d/1rV7kaF9JL2gw9xQalkEnlEDL9WXtbsaCqNABm_pLIgc/edit?usp=sharing
Malefex Playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1W3LrE8WyIxxYRr8d9dHsWioeUk_-HZaSMqVWRnzc9Fc/edit?usp=sharing
Legendary Kineticists II Playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/11_w1o5dSef2tzu2GDLnJKElHY3uyETzuzFHDAjI6P6k/edit?usp=sharing

Spheres of Might previews:
Part 1: docs.google.com/document/d/1aLaYQEFAWU4zQBx58boJPPaySLgJc0Emmw9eKyIJeGI/
Part 2: docs.google.com/document/d/1pyLq03W2ju58PcKOUq5YXoFowf_weBNzuWtjCMdINXk/edit#heading=h.pzrvi3ovaa70

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/66875/wrath-of-the-raunchy
d20pfsrd.com/feats/monster-feats/gift-of-sight
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>What new horizons do you want to show /pfg/?

Game of Thrones in Brevoy.

STALKER in Iobaria.

Embroidering Simulator in Casmaron.

I want to show everyone the perfect world of Spheres of Might and Power with normal casters b&. I want a Pathfinder worth playing.

Event ones, mostly!

>What new horizons do you want to show /pfg/?
I want to go on an expedition to Arcadia! I want to go there to honor the memory of an Ulfen friend to have his ashy remain taken to the new world!

Is free VMC a fair replacement for paladin-tier spellcasting?

How do you rule torture in your games, /pfg/? Can undead feel pain?

Hey, ya'll wanna play WotR? But have it have some degeneracy alterations in favor of a multi god focus rather than jerking off about how great and amoral Iomedae is?

You want a casual game that ain't about trying to make some cheesy build and making the DM stare wistfully at the gun cabinet and wonder if tonight will be the night they stop being a pussy and do it?

Thrust yourselves into the mantle of crusader, champion, legend or scourge as even the sea of demons washing out from the Worldwound learn to fear utterance of your name or make the demons scream it out. Whatever, I don't fucking judge that weird shit

You got until Feb 26th to give me something, I ain't going to be posting or replying to anything more in the thread because you lil shits hype up everything so hard that everyone becomes miserable either way. If you need something, talk to me on IRC (#WotRaunchy). Gestalt and Mythic. Listed date is not the game date or schedule.

app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/66875/wrath-of-the-raunchy

Creatures that are immune to fortitude saves (such as constructs and undead) are immune to pain effects.

4th level spellcasters get cantrips

Noncasters get free VMC that starts at level 1, and your class level = character level for all VMC abilities

>that second spoiler
A-user, do you want to talk about something...?

It's jokes, it's jokes.

It's not jokes.

user, don't do it! Doing it is the pussy thing to do, not doing it shows that you have the courage to live!

That being said, I'm applying.

OH HEY BY THE WAY, YOU DON'T START OFF WITH A MYTHIC TIER. FORGOT TO POST THAT SOMEWHERE.

>implying it's courageous to run away from the death I deserve

Damned if I do, damned if I don't.

The link to "Pathfinder Vices" just leads to a second instance of Feat Taxes, what is it actually meant to do?

I'm still sad the heist game fizzled.

But we love you!

Give me the most metal martial concept you've got.

I need something you'd want to read with the DOOM OST blaring in the background.

FUCK. HOLD ON,

Soldier, survivor of the fantasy equivalent of the Somme. Had half his guts ripped out but he spat in the face of the reaper and refused to die. Now he's not sure if he can. For him, death might just be being trapped in his skeleton, unable to move, unable to scream, unable to die.

So he has to get stronger. Much, much stronger. Strong enough to become immortal, even if that means killing a god and taking their throne.

A heavy metal einhander that wields a morningstar and wears full plate.

"metaforge" style Aegis/Warsoul: Chainsaws, heavy armor and massive THP shielding to back it up.

Find some way to use this feat.

d20pfsrd.com/feats/monster-feats/gift-of-sight

If that's not metal as fuck, I don't know what is. Be a Barbarian that cuts himself open and reads his own fucking guts for advice.

savage technologist, focused on grappling and throat slicer feat for GLORY KILLS

Mix in primal disciple PoW for flavor and for when CMD scaling inevitably renders your grappling useless

I highly doubt you have ever done anything vile and infamous enough to deserve any form of death sentence. Even if you find the idea of a life of inaction to be criminal enough, the best part is such things are swiftly remedied, as enough motivation is usually enough needed to convert a pointless existence into a tabula rasa of potential to readjust your existance.

In otherwords, quit being a whiny and self-important NEET, stop your pathetic pity party, and actually do something productive with your life that doesn't involve killing yourself or Pathfinder.

faggot

Heavy Metal Einhander you say...

Fuck, this one is good.

What's the most savage character you've every made?

If user had any sense of self-importance, do you seriously think he'd be on Veeky Forums?

Don't hide it from me, /pfg/
Tell me about your homebrews

You either have no sense of self-importance or far too much if you're here.

I gave up on doing my homebrew ever since the avowed cucked me out of the mechanics and use of the word Aether.

>Tell me about your homebrews
It's not moving forward tonight, that's for damn sure.

>read avowed as awooed
That's enough /pfg/ for a while, I think.

Eh, I come here to laugh at the insanity of everything and the living Aristocrats joke that is Veeky Forums

>mfw that futuristic Pathfinder campaign on Myth-Weavers
>level 8, gestalt, full 1pp and 3pp support, it just takes place in a techno-magical setting

I used to be working on a setting where dragons were mysteriously dying and their hoards vanishing. The party would be sent to investigate, delving through arrays of untriggered traps to find dragon after dragon dead, rotting, and broke. Then they'd notice that the old dwarves are going missing as well. Immortal blacksmiths as old as the mountains themselves with all manner of secret metalurgies and alchemies.

Turns out that the dragon god, the god that should not be, has been killing his brethren, and taking their metals to give to his enslaved army of dwarves so he can arm his children with this powerful new weapon, firearms. And from there, take over the world.

Nice trips.

The horizon where someone who just wants to work for a living can't be told "no," and where when you engage in creative endeavors people at least care enough to HATE them instead of ignoring them.

Is there anywhere like that on Golarion? Because I'd love to see it.

>>level 8, gestalt, 3pp

>new horizons
I would love to run a game of politics and duels in the demon crater on the moon.

I did this with a human True Primitive/Raging Cannibal Barbarian with Racial Heritage (troll) and max ranks in heal.

Does DHB's campaign look any good? Has he given any indication when submissions open?

Is it possible to run an AP by yourself? Assuming you were that fucking thirsty to play.

>You got until Feb 26th to give me something
Fuck you. This "month and a half to apply" bullshit is horrendous.

??

Did you mean can you run an AP where you are also the only player?

You're right, lemme pull a campaign out of my ass in less than a week during a college semester while also juggling two other games.

I guess I'll just have to hand the DMing mantle to Doug. He'll make it all right. Sorry guys :,(

Yes

I was building a setting for 3.5 that did away with all arcane/clerical/vancian magic. It was going to mechanically be nothing but Tome of Battle, Warlocks, Incarnum, and Binders.

Fluff wise it was set to be right at the dawn of sentient civilization, a Babylonian time of new ideas and the first city states rising up from the dust and dirt. No civilized races but humanity, carving out their little sanctums of safety and fighting off the almost-sentient monsters spawned from the corpses of the dragons who had ended their own kind with infighting and a magic plague.

I had maps drawn up, a dozen generations of history planned out and plot hooks like the first contact with out planes and outsiders, the discovery of another sentient race, a great threat from beyond the edges of the map that would need some sort of wall built to contain, etc.

Doug's a stand up guy

Why not work on the campaign bit by bit and when you're ready post apps?

An insane wizard has decided to feed your party to his pet magical beast.

What is his creature of choice?

He sure is! 5 of my slots are saved just for him and his 4 cohorts.

>You're right, lemme pull a campaign out of my ass in less than a week during a college semester while also juggling two other games.
If you can't fucking handle running a game in a week, especially when you're just making adjustments to an AP, then don't try and run a fucking game. It's cancerous.

You're just being a fucking asshat. From here it looks like you're trying to induce a shitposting storm.

I mean fucking christ if it takes you more than a week to get a game ready when it's using a fucking AP as its base then maybe don't fucking run one.

If you already have two games maybe don't run a fucking third.

Maybe you should go grab something from that gun cabinet like you were thinking. I think it'd do /pfg/ some good.

Oozes or Swarms

So knowing Paizo I'm sure it's listed somewhere but is there something that's keeping me from stacking the flat bonuses to hit and damage from an Amulet of Mighty Fists and a Bodywrap of Mighty Strikes?

Daily reminder that starting in a tavern is a shit move for shit GMs.

You assume I plan ahead. Stress is a good motivator anyhow, it's how I trial by fire'd my way into DMing.

D'ohoho.

The same thing his spell book, familiar, and body is gonna be when I'm done with him.

Ash.

Then why not, I don't fucking know, wait until you're ready to run it before posting so you can jack off to a power game of people trying to jack you off to get into a game you likely will not run.

kys

Both are enhancement bonuses?

Don't do it user, that way is where madness lies

it also gets boring as fuck outside combat

I'd love to take that advice, really I would.

But they always tell me "no."

"No, you can't work here." "No, I won't comment on your art, not even to tell you it sucks and you should kill yourself." "No, you can't volunteer here, your family doesn't have a car." "No, you can't finish your degree, you can't pay the taxi fare you'd need to get back home after this required course that is only late at night."

You're literally the first person to tell me anything, ANYTHING about what I DO in MONTHS.

So, tl;dr, thank you. I'll go away now.

>You assume I plan ahead. Stress is a good motivator anyhow, it's how I trial by fire'd my way into DMing.
Then you don't need a fucking month and a half. It's very obvious you're just trying to induce shit posting.

This is why I much prefer starting at a public hanging. The players have just been given overripe tomatoes and are expected to begin throwing.

Clever girl.

I'll be taking this.

Is that all? Dang, I was hoping for something a bit more complex preventing me from being MAXIMUM OVERSTRIKE.

Working on two homebrew classes.
The Sigilist and the Totemist.

The Totemist is a support class that creates Idols, Tattoos and Totems.

Idols are placed inside inventories of allies and work as single-use protective charms
Totems are placed on the battlefield to confer area wide buffs and debuffs
Tattoos are imprinted on allies to provide a 24 hour minor buff.

The Sigilist is a caster who uses sigils as spell components to modify her spells, granting it special conditions like "creatures tricked by an illusion will more likely fail their next reflex save" or "creatures hurt by acid damage will be sickened by breathing in the noxious fumes."
Basically, a Sigilist invents her own version of metamagic spells.

Daily reminder that blanket statements are a sign of shit people with shit opinions.

cry more faggot
run a game yourself if it agitates your auts so badly

>The players have just been given overripe tomatoes and are expected to begin throwing.

>mfw there are players who don't throw
>mfw there are players who think the hanging is wrong

>A sign of things to come appears when one of the PCs realizes some other villagers will happily pay him in coppers for additional thrown produce, and devises a plan to take up farming while installing a fellow PC in charge of law enforcement and most notably sentencing....

Some see this feat and think of a hardcore oracle. I see it and think "I bet I could make a really awkward character the rest of the party pretends not to know."

After trekking to a sleepy hamlet nearby a shadowed, gothic castle the party learns several townspeople are going missing during nights of a full moon. Enter Steve the Seer who, despite the party begging him not to, insists that he help find clues. He proceeds to rip his own intestines out, screaming and crying all while as he yells "IS IT WEREWOLVES? NO?! FUCK.... IS IT VAMPIRES?!..." The townsfolk look on in shock and disgust, the party shakes their heads, Steve continues with the ritual for eight long minutes before drinking two gallons of cure light wounds and passing out. He will do this atleast two more times before the week is over.

Then post your shit here nigga.

>everyone pisses and moans about not getting into dragongame or molthune or whatever the fuck
>another user comes along and offers to run something
>immediately heckled to the stars and back over literally nothing
this is why you have no game

We want our games NOW user

We waited a month on Molthune and Dragon
Now he's asking us to wait another month and a half

Let's be honest, 3/4ths of the applicants will be waiting a lot longer because they won't get in.

If you're not willing to run a game within two weeks then don't fucking make a game.

You fucking deserve to be heckled.

Spheres is designed like fucking garbage, user.

it's coming out in a month and a half either way. whether user puts the listing up now or later is irrelevant, it won't get done any faster.

You're bitching for the sake of bitching.

If you can't have patience, you don't deserve a game, simple as that dude.

And yet still better than basically every other option in Pathfinder.

See the thing is, a good portion of the folks put it up for a month and a half then don't run anything. I'm bitching because I don't want /pfg/ to shitpost about a game for a fucking month and a half. Molthune and RotJR fucking broke this general in half with shitposting.

God fucking forbid DHB applies because we'll have three fucking threads straight again of shitposting about his character.

Seriously we were almost out of the tunnel.

Is 60-76 DPR good for a level 8 Slayer?

I disagree highly.

Holy shit this.

Remember when we used to have maybe *one* thread of hype over a campaign, because the DM just dropped a concept along with the Discord and made it more or less First-Come-First-Serve?

These long-ass wait times generate hype we don't need.

>Didn't get into dragon
>No one else is running what I'm looking for
>That... means I should go back to DMing right?
>I can run precisely the kind of game I want
>I just... won't be a player...
There's not even non-lewd options to be a big damn hero

Is there are 3pp for guns or crossbows?

>I don't like people who DM games because pfg shitposts autistically about the people who apply to those games
uh

See this is why I am ok with DHB's game. he has stated he may have plans to run something in the future, but he hasn't created a fucking add for it and let people jack him off for weeks.

You get to play all the NPCs! If you were not a twat about it I would let you roll a character with the players

It's a little low, see if you can get a bit more with your strike and boost combos.

76 isn't VERY low, but you want like, 12 more if you can get it.

We never shitposted about the various Land of the Linnorm Kings that recruited from here.

We never shitposted about the various campaigns the late Downtime God used to suggest - hell, we actually broke out the lore for those.

...Slayer, user, not Stalker.

I don't like GMs that purposefully put games that won't be happening for months and advertise them knowing full well the only purpose of that is to be jacked off by players who desperately want to get in.

The fucking GMs could put the same 1-2 weeks out and get the same fucking result and not fuck over the general.

No seriously, don't act like they're fucking innocent. Posting a game that won't be happening for months, especially a fucking game that is obviously meant to rile /pfg/ up 'lewd', anti-iomadae, lol suicide then you're willfully being blind.

That latter game is still going on actually.

Wait isn't that your job.

If someone else plays them, they really aren't an NPC.

Yes there is. It won't solve the fundamental problems - that is to say the same options will likely serve a longbow even better - but it CAN do plenty enough to compensate for the losses if you use those instead.

I can't actually DM pathfinder