/hhg/ - Horus Heresy General

Fighting Retreat Edition
Thin Your Paints Sub-Edition
Umaru Skara Tertiary Edition

Previous Thread: "Last thread we focused a lot on actual minis, games and lists. An user had an interesting narrative battle report and the discord made a reappearance. It was rather nice, as can be seen here " - Breadanon

XXIIIrd Thread, claimed for the Third Legion!

>HHG
pastebin.com/iUqNrrA8
Official HH 7th Edition Errata (Updated January 2016)
forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Horus_Heresy/Horus_Heresy_7th_Edition.pdf
>30k TACTICA & TIPS
What to include in a HH list, how to format it, what makes each legion special (crunch), tactics, Tutorials for Heresy-era minis and more
pastebin.com/Tm2P4QLp
>HH Books, Novels and Rulebooks galore
pastebin.com/k9uvqsub
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmega.nz%2F%23F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyC
>Updated rulebooks
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2Ffz1OuHK%2Fcrusade-imperialis-army-lists.pdf.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2FZTK72gs%2Flegiones-astartes-age-of-darkness-army-list.pdf.html
>/HHG/'s Legion demographics
strawpoll.me/10558764
>Primarch Popularity Poll
strawpoll.me/11458318

>Make your unit entries
mediafire.com/file/q315zmyjntb4j04/LA Exploitable v1.pdf

>BoP's Paint guide
imgur.com/a/aBKJE

>HH Discord
discord.gg/wYS2J6b

'Dreadwing' shenanigans here: Not Breadanon EC Goose? here, I'm making this thread as my last act before performing computer repairs for the next few hours. Refrain from shitposting please

Would anyone care if I use this as a scorpius?

If your after AT, then the autocannons or Led would be the best option. Keep in mind the missile launcher shoots independent of the other guns. Also Sicaran or Vidicator Venators are great high strength AT.

nah mate you're good. Old models are cool

*Las. Sorry

Nope, go for it.

Speaking of the Scorpius, I have a sneaking suspicion that it only has distinct rules from the normal WW because FW didn't want to lose sales to people who realised they could just buy the regular version. Possibly same reason why they gave the Javelin extra sponson weapons instead of just making it a 30K facelift of the Land Speeder.

Anons, Prospero Burns probably has a new Pyschic Table for the Legions.

This is gold. I'm pretty sure that GW proper barely realised that FW had made early-Mark Space Marines for a while, going by how they kept showing off the shitty Armour Through the Ages models instead.

Source, or just speculation?
Wouldn't be surprised though, a book with TS as main players would be the best place to do something like that.

What is the best Horuse Heresy book in your opinion?
Which one did you enjoy the most?

Why does the Vultarax have Blessed Autosimulacra if it has no hull points to restore, only wounds?

Why does the Vultarax have Flare Shield if it has no front AV arc because FMC?

Will keep that in mind. Thank you!

Only read a handful, but Angel Exterminatus is a blast. Love how far the EC have fallen and how fed up Perty is with them.

Also loved all the brutal fighting with the SoH in the first three, especially enjoying Murder. That sounded like a terrible place.

Good night, /hhg/. Have an Awoo.

Speculation, but considering that the book has been delayed so significantly could ONLY be a result of balancing complexities.

The Burning of Prospero introduces a new army, the Silent Sisters, two Legions that require extensive adjustments, adjustments outside of the rule variances we have seen so far.

Of the Thousand Sons, its been confirmed we are getting Psionic Ad Mech, the next logical conclusion would be that they are having to design a full set of Pyschic tables, each representative of the NINE Cults of Prospero.

This is before factoring in all the backlogged changes, adjustments, revisions and FAQing they will need to do as their product becomes increasingly outdated.

Look at how much source material has had to be released to simply FIX the previous books.

Its an interesting development conundrum.

All of that is also before having to factor in Traitor/Loyalist traits. Are there Faction specific powers?

Using wulfen shields as boarding shields for SW, yay or nay?

are they bigger than a buckler? then yes. if not, no

I'm leaning towards taking an autocannon deredeo and a scorpius in my white scars bike list, would that seem strange?

It feels odd to have slow artillery but on the other hand, there's something cool about having fast spotters able to call artillery forward up the battlefield.

Plus I think the deredeos boat prow will look good in white.

Second question: if I only have 3 jet bikes (+ praetor) should they be a command squad, scimitar squad or the slayer heavy squad?

Third question: would you stop being friends with me if I ran Armored Breakthrough with white scars and 3 medusas, to give them (fast)?

It just seems like the only way they make any sense

If that were the case, they would have made all of the Deimos versions souped up motherfuckers and banned land speeders.

For jetbikes, the Hunters and Slayers want to be shooting, with hunters good melta bombs in a pinch.

Praetors want to be in combat which you'd want a command squad for, which regular bikes save you points as you already have artificer, but jetbikes have the better movement so it's your choice.

Sure. Let's start the butchering of 30k SW with the wolfening sooner rather than later.
Wait I'm sorry. You DIDN'T want them to look retarded? Too late now

>the Silent Sisters

Skeptical. We've had plenty of released production shots of new Custodes units, but not much of anything for Sisters. If anything, Sisters only exist to be a hard counter option for players who want to fight the Thousand Sons without having to resort to psychic shenanigans.

Captain Handsomestudman already has wolf iconography on him, and Leman Russ wears a wolf cape.

Are multimelta slayer squads decent or do I want to give the enemy the plasma dick?

They are being released with Prospero though. Thats whats been promised forever. I'm not claiming them to be an army, it was just another thing for them to develop.

>look retarded

Well they already do sooooo

Maybe they'll have a little excerpt blurb like the Imperial Auxilia in the Solar Auxilia codex, sharing some Legion and Custodes heavies and superheavies.

Use viking shields, you queer.

Haven't run them myself, but with deep strike or outflank maybe. There's also the option of one MM hunter with 3 bombs in the squad

Source for properly sized miniature viking shields?

The /HHG/ Discord is starting a Podcast! We're looking for speakers with wide interests and some measure of social ability that can hold a conversation without umming and ahing once a sentence.

Do YOU think you can be a speaker, if so send us an audition! Is there something else you could offer to the glorious Emperor's podcast, editing, research, hot juicy topics? Let us know here in the Podcast_Development channel!

Podcast applications close in 2 weeks (30/01/17.) Please send in a recording of impromptu speech discussing your experience with the hobby and interests relating to it.

Need your name given a chapter appropriate color? Simply message @Haugesen with your preference!

Your models don't count. Anything you make would look retarded.

Thank you.

The rules are more of a guideline.

Puppetswar Norse Light Shields

Just use boarding shields with wolf bits on them so they don't look so stupid.

Thank you

I believe woofs have red eyes user.

Isn't that a Luna Wolves model?

They have been depicted as having both, I prefer green it sticks out from the shoulder pads

Space Wolves.

Welcome, my man.

>Space Wolves.

Thats clearly Luna Wolves color scheme.

Ah, not saying it looks bad. I actually prefer it over ever other legion and their eye lense colors.

Do not reply to the tripfag

Eh, who gives a crap. Everyone is asleep and you're scared of stuff going out of control but you're pre-panicking yourself.
Take it easy, m8.
We shall burn the bridge when we get to it :^)

Who cares?

Hey, that's like giving a thumbs up in your own pictures, (((user))).

Not even him and I don't even care how shat up your shitty 30k generals get, but if you wonder why Veeky Forums is so shitty, it's because of morons like you and the tripfag.

Do not reply to the tripfag

>pic related

Thanks, I like green. Need to get better at it, and once the weather is more mild I will be trying two version, a dry brushed and a washed glow effect

I'm sorry I tried to make the general a place where people can get answers to their questions.
Maybe I'm simply sleepy.
See ya tomorrow.

Stop arguing and post sergeants

Can I request a pic of these guys but with better ilumination? Looks like porcelain and that is good.

How many Dracosans does FW actually sell? I feel like more people might play solar auxilia if the dedicated transports weren't $100 each.

*Record scratch*

*Freeze frame*

Yup, that's me. You're probably wondering how I ended up in this situation.

Fuck, I heard that in David Spade's voice from Emperor's New Groove.

Sanguinus is so fucking ruined

The Space Wolves having wolf symbols on their equipment is hardly the wolfening, user.

Are you going to complain about wing and sword iconography on the Dark Angels? Or aquilas on the Emperor's Children? What about Iron Warriors, do we have to watch out for the Hazard Stripening?

There's still time, don't you worry.

>less posting in thread coincides with the annoying trip
>hmm why could that be
>open thread, scroll down reading, good stuff guys
>see annoying tripfag
>sigh
>thread stops being comfy
>close tab

see you next general!

From what I can tell, it's about the size of a 25mm base.

Stop making sensible arguments. Everyone knows it's wrong when furries do it.

Because any rules designer that works for GW or FW has zero understanding of how their own rules actually work. Neither are they capable of writing rules in such a way that the sum are greater than all the parts ; GW rulewriting is the same as designing and making car parts one at a time, throwing them onto a pile and expecting a functioning vehicle will appear.

>doesn't just auto-filter

You are letting the triprorists win, user.

You just gave me an idea for the Horus heresy BEST movie cast.

Mike Myers as Lion El'Jonson

Sting as Fulgrim

Kevin James as Perturabo

Ken Jeong as Jaghatai Khan

Leman Russ as Leman Russ

Nick Swardson as Rogal Dorn

Rob Schneider as Konrad Curze

David Spade as Sanguinius

Norm MacDonald as Ferrus Manus

Mel Gibson as Angron

Stephen Colbert as Roboute Guilliman

Michael Richards as Mortarion

Conan O'Brien as Magnus the Red

John Goodman as Horus

Dana Carvey as Lorgar

Chris Rock as Vulkan

Jimmy Fallon as Corvus Corax

Jim Rash as Alpharius

Last but not least

Adam Sandler as God-Emperor of Mankind

So guys what do you think.

It's almost like it was a vehicles before someone decided to make it a monstrous creature.

so how cheap can you make it?

I TOOK THE BAIT SO DIDN'T HAVE TOO.

God you have to be on the autism spectrum to post a comment like this.

>using GW models for FW units

REEEEEE

I'm converting a whirlwind into an old style whirlwind to use as Scorpius with exposed gunner and all.

$100 million should do it.

But that's not including the sponsors like Oreos, Pepto Bismol, Snickers, Royal Caribbean cruise, Coke Zero, Chevy,

These brands make appearances in movie and be used by Primarch to help subsidize the cost.

Genuine question, how many of you are homosexual men?

Listening to Mechanicum audio atm, a Magos Cybernetica fights against a robot:
>You know the drills, but you don't have the skills.
kek

It's funny because that applies to your post too. Couldn't just ignore the post but had to bring it up 2 hours later huh? You might say that applies to me as well for responding to you, but I made a conscious decision to do so despite being aware of the consequences.

>defending tripcodes on an anonymous board in any way shape or form whatsoever
>not autism
>tripfagging
>not autism

Sure wish moot would turn auto-ban for tripfagging back on. Ban the dumb newfags too.

on a scale of 1 - homosex, building these jetbikes made me want to do a ravenwing jetbike spam list next. just a big black dickbike bukkakke.

Moot's dead, baby, moot's dead.

Seventeen days until /HHG/ becomes nothing but Magnus Did Nothing Wrong and Space Wolves Had One Job

I mean who gives a shit about it? It isn't going to ruin your day is it? The tripfag isn't bothering anybody is he? Nope. Problem solved, have a nice day.
>i-I don't like it so you should get banned
Man-child spotted.

As, for both of you. You both are extremely petty. Learn to fucking relax.

>thought about getting back into 40k
>realize there's a Horus Heresy game
>nobody plays it around me

WHY

Yeah, those who believe Inferno will make /hhg/ great again are delusional. As are those who believe it will actually be released next month.

Honestly, fucking this. We will never stop being fucking retards. We might make some kind of constructive discussion, but ultimately it will be shit in the end.

>"I will cast a psychic barrier – and nobody casts barriers better than me, believe me – and I’ll cast them on a 3+. I will cast a great, great barrier across the Cadia Gate, and I will make Horus pay for that barrier with his life. Mark my words."

Can't say "no" to the Inferno.

You can still play 30k against a 40k army.
You will never slay in tournaments, but you can easily have fun.
Plus, MANY of the modes share counterparts in 40k, so you could have multiple armies at once.

And hey, maybe you will inspire others around you to start a 30k army.
Go for it!

Mang, just play 30k vs 40k. Pick up ya books and find out da legion you wanna play. Build said legion . Paint em and fuck up shit for the Emperor/Warmaster.

I got two BaCs upon release with no players in sight, asked some people if they're interested, there was some half-hearted interest but nothing came out of it. Some months ago a friend contacted me saying he and several others will be joining in the heresy.
Have patience.

You guys are forgetting that there are still people who refuse to play against anything from FW "because it is too OP"

And also there are GW store managers that ban anything FW because it are shiny toys that can't be bought in his own store.

But if both of the above don't apply then he should give it a try.

What is Bac/Bop, and using 40k boxes for predators, whirlwinds, etc?
You can get an okay army out of it.

>playing at a GW store
big mistake buckeroo

I've got a bunch of pic related collecting dust. Could these shields be viably appropriated for Salamanders' Boarding shields/Dragonscale on PA models? Naturally, scales will be greenstuffed.

Why can't I use my 40k chimeras, using Deimos rhinos painted as the XVIII fucks with my OCD.

Reeee

I think you're probably right, but Tempest was delayed too, wasn't it?

Yes. White Scars don't like dreadnoughts. Or at least, not once they find the Khan and start recruiting from Chogoris (Terrans would be fine). Problem is the 2nd-best anti-air option is the Contemptor-Mortis...

The Scorpius works; the Scars would sometimes need artillery and it would have to be mobile.

Command squads should be ground bikes; you don't waste a 2+ save and jetbikes are shooty units anyway. Outriders just have twin-linked bolters which suffer less from jinking and aren't the point anyway. As for Slayers - they're not great. Meltas are too short-ranged and everything important has armored ceramite, and the other weapons options are overcosted (possibly due to lazy copy/paste).

3 Medusas will lose you friends. 1 won't. 2 depends on the rest of the list.

I think he meant Custodes by "a new army", and then sisters was the next thing in the list. Even the oldest rumors said sisters wouldn't be a full list, just an entry or two for the Agents of the Imperium.

Does anybody know where I can buy skin cloaks/loincloth, hanging bones/skulls, trophies, etc for Night Lords?

>Tempest was delayed too
If Tempest was delayed as much as Inferno, it'dbe book 9.

Show me your Siege Breakers /hhg/

How are you going to make them look unique compared to the combat shields in your army?

Dark Aeldari tend to have a lot of that sort of thing on their sprues. You could ask anyone that plays them near you if they have any bitz you could nab.

> awesome Nordic knotwork armor
Fuck yeah
> Shit tier 40k Wolf tail top knots on mk VII helmets
I would say what a waste of money, but you seem like the kind who buys shit China cast, so I guess no loss

NO one gives a shit about your fucking podcast, and no one will listen. Stop advertising that here. Isn't that against the rules?

Did you post that model to prove his point or...? What actually?
Base coating and covering in wash isn't actually impressive. Like at all. That looks fucking lazy as shy, and it's not even based