mega.nz/#F!z8pBVD4Q!UIJWxhYEWy7Xp91j6tztoQ

>Pastebin with resources and so on:
pastebin.com/X1TFNxck (embed)

>/5eg/ Discord server
discord.gg/0rRMo7j6WJoQmZ1b

>5etools
5egmegaanon.github.io/5etools/5etools.html

Previous Thread:
What is the difference between the cleric and the paladin? Both are holy warriors (most often) wearing heavy armor and capable of divine magic. The line blurs even more if we're talking about the kinds of life cleric, war cleric and tempest cleric, who can dish it out in the melee.

It's basically the difference between a warrior-priest and a priest-warrior.

4e is pretty fun.

> "Paladins are servants of the gods" meme
In Forgotten Realms, maybe. In other settings, paladins are above petty squables of gods - they are devoted to the concepts of JUSTICE or VENGEANCE or LOYALTY depending on the oath.

I've played it. Your tricks won't work on me!

In my opinion, the difference between a Cleric and a Paladin is that the Cleric is there to hold the line while a Paladin is there to lead the charge, if that makes any sense.

warden is best defender, warlord best leader, though in reality, all the leaders are best leaders, shaman is fun, bard is the shit, runepriest actually looks strong, and cleric is a mainstay, and artificer looks neat

Oh you mean D&D Tactics?

This is the 5e thread.

A cleric is an interpreter: they seek signs and portents from the divine and seek to interpret their will. Their power comes from a sort of mutual understanding and dialogue of service to their patron.

A paladin does not interpret the divine: they exert their own interpretation of morality on the world around them (this can and often does stem from some previous religious belief, thus "Paladin of X God"). A paladin's power comes from within, from their own convictions and force of will.

What do you think of these character cards for dm use, i might adjust them slightly so am i missing anything important?

Not all Clerics are heavy-armor big-weapon frontliners. There are a lot of builds for purely support Clerics that can still be amazing in battle.

its the same in FR. They can follow gods and make their oaths before a god, but the power comes from the oath

Holy shit, user, could you make it anymore blurry?

I'd make them less blurry

now this is what i'm talkin about

Too much effort to do that over and over.
People will get tired as you insist on trying to wait until the enemy is unaware again.

They're both fairy dust twinkle toes.

Fighter aka crusader is the best holy warrior.

How do you deal with people that don't READ THE FUCKING BOOK for countless months?

There's this one guy that has been playing the same character for a fucking year and he just remembered Shield Master gives a bonus to dex saves as reaction.

No need for magic

Enter rage and smite everything with holy wrath.

>bonus to dex saves as a reaction

I believe they get a flat bonus to dex save and can negate damage from a successful dexsave as a reaction.

If they're not invested enough to read the book, you have to worry if they're wasting their time.

More important question: why Clerics who have to inspire the masses and show them the way use WIS, while Warlocks, who have to use their will in order not to fall under the influence of their patron (or resisting going insane after witnessing eldritch horrors, if we're talking GOO) use CHA?

Quick, recommend me a fun build for a Life Domain Cleric.

So inspired by that one user from the other few threads, I set out to slap together an alternative sort of encumbrance system. Here's what I have:

>Head Slot (hats, helmets, masks)
>Armour Slot
>Waist
>>Can hold two medium items
>Back
>>can hold two large items
>Backpacks
>>can carry five medium items
>Belt Pouches
>>can carry four small items

>Small Item Examples
>>bar of soap, a potion, a handful of slingstones, some light weapons
>Medium Item Examples
>>a set of clothes, a helmet, one-handed weapons, a 15 arrow quiver, a spellbook, a lamp, a bundle of three torches
>Large Item Examples
>>a backpack, two handed/heavy weapons, most armour etc.

Obviously it will require a decent amount of case-by-case rulings, but it's more a guideline to prevent people from running around with two swords, a halberd, a shield, thirty days worth of food, twenty torches, four thousand gold coins, an extra set of armour, a fishing rod, a spare helmet, a cauldron, a tent, and four 50ft ropes.

Warlocks are basically evil clerics that are the fukboys of shitty wannabe deities.

So, they have to beg all the time for evil boy points.

Cleric 20.

Paladin "magic" isn't magic though.

It's a raw manifestation of your unshakeable and sheer belief in your cause. A paladin is just a fighter that DEUS VULTs so hard that the impossible becomes possible.

Cleric 20. Max out wisdom as soon as possible. Use spirit guardians and spiritual weapon as often as possible.

>So, they have to beg all the time for evil boy points.
Do they? I always regarded it as more like a chunk of power that is given to you immideatly, but you might have to do some favours later.

Get a level of druid for supergoodberry.

Other than that, there isn't really a lot of variation with cleric builds.

Clerics aren't priests. You described priests.

Get initiate spell caster druid, use Goodberry, spend all your extra spellslots on making dozens of them for the next day.

Enjoy breaking 5E for a session.

No. I will however give you a """"""""""fun"""""""""" build.
Level 1 Cleric, Life
Level 6 Bard, take Aura of Vitality as one of your spells
(2d6+5)x10 healing over one minute of combat

Alternatively: if your DM follows that rulings about goodberry and life cleric you can have 4 health per use goodberries.

Already lost one player in our group and it was only the first session

>GM decides to run curse of strahd starting at lvl 3
>party ends up being 2 bards, 1 wizard, 1 warlock, 1 rogue
>warlock took fiend pact and is aligned neutral
>wizard took necromancy spec but is chaotic neutral
>session goes meh, GM is noobish and doesn't add in any encounters sans the church which we avoid for now
>get to a stopping point and rogue has done fuck all roleplaying with anyone
>only wizard and warlock know what each other is capable of
>next day rogue guy texts everyone saying he's out because he won't adventure with evil characters, mainly directing it at wizard and warlock
>GM tells him that they aren't
>starts going off in texts saying he hates evil characters and that everyone is corrupt in the group except him
>his character doesn't even know in game what we are since he interacted fuck all with anyone
>repeats on about how everyone is making this campaign evil and wizard and warlock should be banned and he refuses to play until then

Life Cleric 1/Bard X. Use magical secrets for the good healing spells from other lists.

Clerics can't do that with Magic Initiate. Bards, rangers, EKs, and ATs can.

Build fighter. Take noble background. Choose the retainers feature. Refluff the majordomo as your Lefeau.

"Mom" teaches you how to make your own nuggies.
Eventually you get tired of that flavor and beg her to each you how to make a new style of sauce.
She will, but you have to clean your room and spend enough EBP.

A paladin is a white knight who follows a code of honor and justice (an oath, if you will) who rescues the princess from the dragon keeping her in a tower and swings a shining blade of light and inherits the throne because he's also of noble blood and is good looking and charismatic as all white knights are. They've been corrupted into god servants and shit in the past because there are always people who don't understand something.
Evil paladins like from the paladin UA are the result of people going 'hurr what if we made one evil and do all the bad stuff'. They're just an evil version for the sake of have an opposite of anything with strong association behind it.
Clerics are religious devotees who suck god cock all night in exchange for magic powers. They're actual servants who are expected to carry out the will of their god and act in the interest of their church.

Warlock's source of magic is their patron, they're commoners without them.

>Clerics are religious devotees who suck god cock all night in exchange for magic powers. They're actual servants who are expected to carry out the will of their god and act in the interest of their church.

In FR

Why even try to get him back if he's going to be like that?

He's clearly not invested.

>"Depends on the setting" meme

your rogue is right

This sounds hilarious. I might try this.

I thought it would be easier to use my phone than scan it but it appears my phones a shit.

Your phone may be shit, but your handwriting is even worse.

Past level 7 it's a better healer than straight life cleric. The one in my current game is life cleric 1/bard 14 and the group only uses short rests to recover stuff like superiority dice occasionally. The healing between fights is extremely efficient.

What even the fuck is happening in the AC lines there

> Base AC
> Evade AC
> Block/parry AC
> Armour AC
> Magic AC

this
everyone knows 90% of games here are FR
lets just stop with this shit

I need help.
The DM's younger brother keep rolling 20s. Not like "Oh, he was lucky tonight" but consistantly getting 20 10+ times each session.
Normally I wouldn't give a shit, but he's starting to be a dick about it. I don't think he's cheating, mostly because he's not smart enough to do it without someone noticing.
What can I do?

Most of the people using it would not give a shit about FR if it was not the default setting of 5e.

STOP

What edition are you even playing?

Nobody but the GM tried. He's always a whiny ass who would quit a campaign if anything happened to him or if he wanted to deviate from the path, but whenever he GM'd he would make a game hell and double dmg of all monsters and enforce railroading because he can't into imagination

You can relax about the fact random is random. The more d20s you roll, the more chances you have for natural 20s.

Statistically unless he's clearly cheating they'll roll as normal from now on.

Stop being salty about someone else being lucky, I guess? If it's the same die each time and nobody else uses it, it might be weighted.

Treachery paladin isn't evil the selfishness 'oaths' are basically every other PC ever.

Make him use different dice.

Which of these would be better for a Brawling fighting style:
>When you successfully grapple or shove a creature, you can also deal bludgeoning damage to that creature equal to your Strength modifier.
OR
>When you take the Attack action on your turn, you can attempt to grapple or shove a creature as a bonus action.

Whichever I use, it'd likely include
>In addition, whenever a feature or effect would activate when you hit with a melee weapon attack, you can choose to activate it when you make a successful shove or grapple.

What I'd really love is a way to include more actions. Like, when it says "you may make lots of different ability contests in combat, these are just examples". But I'm worried something like
>When you successfully win an ability check contest against a creature in combat, you can choose to also deal damage equal to the ability modifier with which you made the contested check
would just lead to nonsense. Not to mention trouble with damage types.

Anyone here played or played with Fighter Knights?

Reading around, I've seen some people say Pathfinder is "more advanced" than 5E. As someone who's put a year into both systems, I gotta ask: how is it more "advanced" if 97% of its content, feats, archetypes, and choices for character customization and tactics are useless, inefficient, and not worth investing in?

I wouldn't give them a grapple or shove as a bonus action. That's shield master / tavern brawler's territory.

Dealing bludgeoning damage equal to strength modifier sounds better.

I'd be careful of the extra benefits due to multiclass abuse (Sneak attack on grapple) or if it ends up with a weird synergy with magical weapons. Make surei it doesn't get a bonus from weapons or anything.

Pathfinder's fans like it for the same reason people like M:tG. They get to feel good about sorting through the shit to pick out the good stuff, and they get to talk about building more than they'll ever actually play.

This sums it up. In my time with PF before I got into 5E we spent way more time planning characters and building them than actually playing. The bloat got so frustrating and it became so tiring to read through a dozen pages of feats and class options only to find out that you could count the number of useful ones on one hand. This is also coming from someone who loves the "hardcore" RPGs that supposedly mean you'd love Pathfinder.

In my last days of the game, for example, while I struggled to find any fun left in the system, I spent hours constructing a Whip-wielding Bard. It seemed so cool on paper. I couldn't wait to play him.

Then I realized to make whips and using whips even remotely feasible or useful you need to eat up half a dozen feats and follow an extremely specific path of advancement, and by level 15 you can finally compete with level 5 players in terms of utility.

That pretty much nailed the coffin shut on Pathfinder for me. Went to 5E and have never looked back.

Not even to mention the huge amount of furries and pony-lovers in the Pathfinder community and Paizo's explicit support of them.

Is Prismatic Wall any good ? It does put the creature through a lot of saves but it's a 9th level spell.

My characters have become murder hobos - not for fun, but as a path of least resistance

They slaughtered a dozen people, blacksmith, random peasant, corrupt nobleman and town guards included because it was easier than finding evidence or exposing their crimes.

Now they are kind of pissy at me because a city has barred them access and only fucked off when they realized the captain was buying time for reinforcements to show up. They also have mercenaries after them.

What else would hunt them down? I'm thinking after they kill a few more innocents some kind of knights templar would go out and fuck them up, capture them and send them underground to fight through a prison/cavern filled with tons of evil shit the city cannot clear out, so if they fight their way out(basically an underground campaign with undercities, they will have paid for their sins

>running games in established setting whee you can't bullshit and tailor details
JUST

Give them the title "Butchers of [Town Name]" and have the BBEG try to hire them just to drive the message home. Maybe they would actually enjoy playing as an evil henchmen squad.

>implying you can't bullshit and tailor details in FR
this is 99% of FR games

Invite them to the thives' guild. They were murdehoboing for free, why not pay them instead? Give them murderhobo quests from the guild too.

I forgot to mention
>You must have at least one hand in which you are not carrying a weapon, a shield, or a spell focus in order to gain this benefit.

>weird synergy with magical weapons.
Good catch. It might or might not be wise to exclude those, though--if you have a Flametongue, and you have the choice to either deal 1d8+Strength damage plus 2d6 fire damage, or to deal Strength modifier damage and grapple/shove, then the latter becomes less appealing. You're already giving up an attack for it. But at the same time, it does seem a bit strange to shove someone and deal 2d6 fire damage, and I might be forgetting some magic weapons with more abusable effect.

I wanna keep the wording as short and sweet as possible, but still unambiguous. That's the tricky part.

If I went for something like
>In addition, you can apply any feature or effect which would trigger when you hit with a melee weapon attack to a successful grapple or shove, as long as the feature or effect would be triggered by any melee weapon attack regardless of the weapon used.
That's unambiguous, but long.

The cure for chaotic evil murder hobo is a TPK by the paladin deathsquad. Once they get caught, toss em in a dungeon and tell them that their character's lives are over or they can try to play dungeon escape before they're executed publicly. It's a lesson every player must learn, they should know the risks if not.

Start anew and tell them that there's great rewards for gaining renown, such as holdings, gold, monster girls, licenses and magic items.

What's the /5eg/ consensus of the new ranger / rogue archetypes?

Thieves guild doesn't kill or do hits. You're thinking of the assassin league or cartels.

There's probably no consensus yet.

I think the rangers are unimpressive but the rogue is pretty good.

Personally I feel that the role of a party leader/booster with auras should be a fighter. Primarily because I've always found it odd that the black guard was a prestige class and the paladin was playable out the gate.

I don't think the PHB really elaborates on whether the patron cares about them or not. So it depends on the player and the DM on what the patron wants out of the deal, or even if they care about said deal.

>Running FR

Not if my players held me up at gunpoint. Fuck that garbage kitchen sink setting.

Sorta bummed, since I'm trying to make a homebrew archetype for each class and the one I made for the ranger is very similar to the Primeval Guardian, so now I gotta come up with something new.

Also Scout is a little bit of a boring concept, just compared to the more unique, flavorful archetypes most classes have gotten, but it's still cool.

I still can't wrap my head around the fact that a fighter lvl10, who just multiclassed into a warlock lvl1, and a straight warlock at 11 both have the same 3 beam eldritch blast.

They don't. The warlock has up to 3 invocations he can apply to his.

And to expand on that, the fighter won't be able to add his or her Charisma modifier to the damage roll, which is a big deal.

Firebolt for life, EB can't target object.

One is a full caster, the other isn't.

One was a Fighter offshoot, one was a Magic User offshoot.

One is dancing around the chivaric knight concept, one is a catch all for priests combined with specific Christian gimmicks (no edged weapons so as not to shed blood).

sure, these are added bonusses, but the issue is that a chump who just stumbled into the dark arts instantly gets to cast a lightshow as big as the veteran warlock

Being a white knight won't make her sleep with you, user.

Maybe if he actually invested enough in Charisma, sure. Which is going to make his fighter-ness suffer.

My warlock wants to kill his patron and steal his power

How do I do this? This would probably be wayyyyy later on in the campaign

Horizon Walker is my shit.

Primeval Guardian is cool but wants so badly to be a Drood.

Scout is aight.

okay, let's say a bard 10 who just multiclassed into warlock then
how does that make any sense though?

Well, what's his patron?

Start multiclassing into Wizard/Druid.

I am currently doing it. What's the question?

Because 3% of the absolute landfill of content Pathfinder puts out is of similar size to the entirety of some systems, 5e included.

Also, some people just like more shit and others like less.

As a fellow brewer, the feel for me it's often the opposite.

I had been working on a Warlock archetype as a stand-in for the Artificer fit a while now, never quite being satisfied with the result. I'm considerably happier now that Arty has a chassis -- gives me an anchor point for optional features that didn't fit in a single class archetype.

And you're always free to decide you like yours better. UA isn't set in stone yet.

>who can dish it out in the melee.

Well, at extremely low levels.

Because it's a cantrip and not the sole ability a warlock has.