/kdm/kdg/kdmg/ Kingdom Death General

Killing Time And Making It Into A Hat Edition

FAQ

>What is it?
Kingdom Death is a board game where you kill monsters to make cool new hats.

>Where can I buy it?
Nowhere at the moment. You just missed the kickstarter, and the webstore won't be getting any more stock while the update is in production.
Should restock approximately on Black Friday, depending on production schedule. If you want to play it, check eBay for the old version, or play over Tabletop Simulator.

If you want to keep up with the project, sign up for the newsletter mailing list:
kingdom-death.us1.list-manage.com/subscribe?u=1f4d6d8b08474b282855b8143&id=bfa2397385

>When does it deliver?
Core game will likely be this year, mid-late fall. Current Expansions will ship soon after, followed by Gamblers Chest and Promos next year, then Expansions shipping in two or three waves between then and 2020.

>Can I add to my pledge in the Pledge Manager?
Nobody knows. Anybody who claims otherwise is lying.

Previous thread >Threadly Question
Which new armor set are you most pumped for?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6bMM61Y5CEU
youtube.com/watch?v=3OZU3fi08-o
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Best current expansion combo for a single campaign?

The Hand just came through and tried to destroy my entire storage. I said I ain't a bitch so I'm resisting, and as I set up these traits, I already want to change my mind. This looks hard as balls. How screwed am I?

Also when it says he destroys all resources in the storage, does that include whatever I got during the hunt? Since archiving resources is technically supposed to be done at the end of the settlement phase, I believe.

The resource chapter in the rulebook clarifies that "settlement storage" is just the archived resources. Recently acquired resources are not entered into storage until step 9 in the settlement phase.

The Hand is the easiest nemesis in the core game -- if you play defensively. Just don't hit him, don't enable his lenses, and wait him out until Applause shows up. Shields are a godsend. Use Rawhide Headband to figure out what attack is coming next and who it is going to hit, to bury the most nasty attacks, and to make Applause happen one turn earlier. Have the target block with their shield, save your survival for Dodges, and just survive.

That said, the worst part about resisting, both for the Hand and the King's Man, is it means that the next time you have to fight them they will be at level 2 and not level 1 because you've already fought the level 1 version. Each time you fight a nemesis its level increases, so... that's bad.

In that case I probably won't resist. Sucks to lose the pile of scrap I was saving but it's better than losing the much larger pile of antelope resources I was about to bring back.

Most pumped: I love the look of the Screaming God armor. While like many new armors I'm wondering how you make that out of dead monsters rather than more refined materials (though SG is kind of endgame so maybe it takes iron?) it looks great. The Mountain Dungeon armors are also pretty good looking

I also like the Lion God armor, though the male and female versions are so different I suppose I should specify the female with its 'gas mask' and... is that a warlock collar?

>That said, the worst part about resisting, both for the Hand and the King's Man, is it means that the next time you have to fight them they will be at level 2 and not level 1

This is true but personally I don't find it that problematic for The Hand. Even at level 3 you can probably wait him out with fairly green survivors, he really doesn't scale unless you're going for the Respect win, which there's virtually no point in doing since the added reward of getting the weakest SFA on a survivor if and only if they survive his shenanigans isn't a whole lot. Better to take your applause and get the SFA handed out like candy on L3.

Not as fucked as you might think
Also armor I'm waiting for

... the level three hand has +3 Speed and +5 Damage. How do you survive that? That alone eats up block 2 and dodge.

Best waifu coming through

How's it feel not having an expansion to go with, you homeless whore?

Don't worry, you won't be alone on the streets.

It's okay, I dont mind it.

I love the lips, but I have no idea if that detail can be translated into the model well.

Hey /kdg/, I started working on a homebrew monster in the vein of the Dung Beetle Knight and Flower Knight, but I ran into the issue of only having played the game solo over Tabletop Simulator, and therefore not being super familiar with balance and the game's rules, especially when it comes to homebrews. I wanted to pitch the idea to you all and see how you like it.

Steam Lich:
The steam lich is a great game hunter who feared death more than any other. In order to supplant death, he replaced his flesh with iron and powder, distilling his body into essential salts suspended in the hydraulic system that replaced his blood. But for each new augmentation, he lost a bit more humanity, until when he was finally finished and finally unfettered by death, there was no more hunter left beneath.

In terms of the monster itself, I wanted the fight to be focused around picking the right time to strike, and would mirror that with a boiler system, and at higher levels a temperature system. Its instinct, as well as some of its moves would give it steam counters which other attacks would use, giving them bonus damage or greater stats (something like damage is 2 + X, where X is the number of steam counters). However, if the survivors can hit the Lich hard enough before it uses the counters, the steam ruptures injuring the lich for more than the attack would do otherwise. I was also considering a sort of cap on the number of steam counters, with the lich getting knocked down if it exceeds them due to ruptured pipes.

The temperature system would be something that shows up at level 2 onward, and would be a change in the lich's moveset based on its current boiler temperature. Low temperature lich attacks include hydraulic water cutters, creating a heat sink to freeze survivors solid, and being slightly tougher, while high temperature attacks change the water cutter into a shorter range, wider area steam burst or scalding limbs to force survivors to drop their weapons.

The model was already a resin release.

You dirty whore.

Most importantly, the Steam Lich would have a weird caveat to hunting it: Each hunt is the same lich. IT just keeps rebuilding its body until you fight a level 3 one, and get a story event to destroy its boiler phylactery. If you do, you get a valuable unique item or innovation, but lose the ability to hunt more Liches.

I was thinking the resources and settlement upgrades from the lich could be prosthetics, surgical stuff, and perhaps some kind of Alchemical Theatre, where they can use the salts of deceased monsters/survivors to upgrade and modify things.

Very heavily inspired by Karl Ruprecht Kronen, the Iron Lich's of Warmahordes, and me wanting another monster with clouds of stuff coming out of it, storm knight style.

So it seems like unless you have a very specific fighter setup that a nemesis fight at level 2 or above you should just send four newbies as a sacrifice. Just way less of a hassle.

This sounds really cool

>first time fighting The Butcher
>no idea what to expect
>fight is going okayish but not looking good
>take slight hit and suddenly character with the two-handed axe goes berserk
>dodges all 4 flurry attacks The Butcher tries to make
>with stat boosts and frenzy boost lands 3 of his 4 hits and doesn't even need to roll to wound he's so juiced
>pull a HL that lets you decapitate him if it's the killing blow
>stand in the fountain of blood contemplating my power and take one of his axes for myself
RULES OF NATURE

I just checked my timeline and realized that year sixteen is a fight with the Manhunter, Lion Knight, and a level 2 nemesis all at once. Jesus that's going to be an intense year.

Make sure to have the appropriate theme music.
youtube.com/watch?v=6bMM61Y5CEU

Also good luck, that sounds like a hell of a year.

> Lion Knight puts on his play
> survivors running around trying not to die.
> Manhunter shows up, looking to grab people
> Lion Knight narrows his eyes
> this motherfucker is INTERRUPTING and currently trying to abscond with his LEAD ACTRESS
> Manhunter v Lion Knight

The Lion Knight's final act manuscript is called the Villain and the Heroes who Saved Him, and also that Annoying Fuck in the Hat

> The Lion Knight, tired out from fighting the survivors before, stumbles and falls after eating bullets
> the Manhunter moves in to press the advantage
> A lone dude in the audience, draped in a cloak, stands up and calls out the Manhunter
> the cloth falls away
> Its The Hand, striking a pose

I'm so down for Nemesis War 2k17.

I actually also have the Hooded Knight that year. It could be the Twilight Knight.

That sounds amazing. Someone pitch it to Poots so we can toss money at him and play it out in 2025.

best way to use all current expansions in one campaign at once?

No

Did slendy vs manhunter with mock rules like how Adam probably had originally in mind, save a lvl 2 Manhunter snuffing a -4 wound lvl 2 slendy. Damage equals hit locations, str vs tough roughly is the system with insanity moving the monster by 1

The fuck?
>Game +, have Gorm gear and black >sword, cat set katars on a red savior >and a vespertine bow. Get to any of >the kingsman and it's just absolute >rape.
The fuck?

Sounds awesome. Once you've put it together, post it in the chat. I could use a new nemesis to murder in my campaigns.

What level Nemesis is he? Early like Butcher? Late like the Hand?

Learn how to post retard.

Lurk more before posting.

This has been friendly advice from Veeky Forums. Do not expect friendly advice to come in the future.

I was actually torn between making him a quarry like DBK or the Flower Knight, and a nemesis. With the nemesis I could go all out with making him a danger, but I also like the idea of getting armors and weapons out of the ruined puppet-bodies of a robot lich.
Either way I was thinking Node 3-ish, roughly the same kind of time as the Phoenix or DBK. Midgame-ish, with potential for crazy endgame legendary fights later.

An idea I had for the legendary/story fight against the Steam Lich (in a similar vein to the Old Master DBK fight) would be facing the Lich's original construct body, with special legendary ability Maxwell Engine, which would let the Lich arbitrarily switch between Hot and Cold states regardless of steam pressure, making the attempts to find the perfect time to hit that much harder. This would end in getting your hands on the Lich's Phylactery, and giving you the option of either destroying it for a rad innovation or unique item but losing the ability to hunt Lich's in the future, or letting it live and continuing hunting lich's for parts.

It's amusing because it fits.

My group didn't find the kings man all that hard, we have 2 rawhide sets and 1 leather set, butchers cleaver, lion katars, scrap sword, and catgut bow. We just burned most of our survival dashing away from his sweep attacks, katars strip off the battle pressure cards before searching hit locations with cats eye circlet. The worst injuries we got was destroyed genitals and a bruised coccyx.

So far, the showdowns seem like the safest part of the game to me, we've only lost 2 survivors to monsters so far (both in the butcher fight), far more die in the hunt and settlement phases.

>Kingdom death 1.5
>Kirkstarted 12 fucking millons

What the fuck happened here? The last time I checked people was still mad at the initial pack wasn't being delivered yet.

And now he funded a second project worth 12 millons? What the fuck happened in the last year and a half?

He finally delivered and was awesome or something?

When was the last time you were paying attention?
The core game shipped two years ago, and all the expansions last year.

And yeah, it was pretty awsome.

The undelivered pack thing was the Lantern Festival Expansion, which was hilariously overambitious and not planned out well enough to actually get out. It was supposed to a post-endgame expansion before the game was actually finished. Sucks, but considering he also super undercosted everything from the original kickstarter, it makes sense.

The new kickstarter on the other hand is better set up, has reasonable times and goals on getting everything done, has a METRIC FUCKTON of new awesome content and basically a bajillion hours of gameplay, and hell the base game, if you could get it, was already super good. Kickstarter finally gave people a chance to get their own copies.

How do you use as much of the current expansions as possible in one campaign?

You add them to the timeline and then get fucked over by all the settlement events.

>When was the last time you were paying attention?

I thought it was one year and a half ago, but it could be 2, just before he delivered.

SURVIVORS AND SAVIORS WE HAVE A TREAT 'ESPECIAL FOR YOU TONIGHT.

THE KING OF THE COURT, THE WHISKERED SENSATION, THE LADIES LOVE HIM, THE BALLIN KNIGHT IS TAKING ON THE LOCAL CROWD FAVORITE, THE HUNTER FROM DOWN UNDER, THE RUDE CRUDE, GOAL TOTIN' DUDE, MAN-DUNKER!

KEEP YOUR EYES GLUED TO THE SCREEN BECAUSE THIS IS GOING TO A MATCH OF LIGHTNING FAST REFLEXES, INTENSE INSTINCTS AND FEET SO FAST WHEN THEY CROSS YOU IT WILL SURELY DESTROY YOUR GENITALS!

Help me understand this madness

Call poots.

>Sounds awesome. Once you've put it together, post it in the chat. I could use a new nemesis to murder in my campaigns.
I ordered from the EU warehouse and it took them ages to get it there. Their inventory is the weirdest thing I've ever encountered... I'm quite sure that nothing is in any kind of warehouse, they just ship it to a distributor once you order it.

Dingobucks be no cheap.

>I'm quite sure that nothing is in any kind of warehouse, they just ship it to a distributor once you order it.
I actually came to the same conclusion. The EU Warehouse is maybe 30 minutes away from where I live, and I still had to pay 20 bucks for shipping.
AND it took a whole month for the stuff to arrive.

Took even longer for me, package seemed to get lost or w/e. Had to contact the support a couple of times and they pretty openly stated that the package was on its way to the warehouse. In my opinion it's completely ridiculous to state inventory for different warehouses on the site despite actually not having any inventory there. But the package came in the end, so all's well.

The bigger the box, the higher the charge. Better get used to it if you order shit online from different countries.

That's odd. I wonder if it's a similar issue to the Euro warehouse where you needed to have 3 or more items in your basket before it would switch to flat-rate shipping.
That was also a bug I think.

What else are you gonna do? Order from overseas?

I haven't laughed that hard for a while

What a ripoff

>mandunker
I think I like slamhunter more.

You live on Australia dude, forget table top game, just get a backpack, a knife and...go to the toilet. Sure nightmare creatures await you there.

>not slamdunker
Fucking amateurs.

But who wins

Someone has an imgur album or a gallery page with lots of Kingdom Death art?

Particulary interested in the survivor Death scenes

Is this a fetish thing?

Needs the hand as referee

So I've never played this game. How to you play without having to take constant fap breaks?

Sounds familar

There isn't much sexiness in the game itself. If you are playing you are probably more worried about keeping shit from crashing and burning. It only takes a few mistakes to put yourself at a disadvantage, and from there the game WILL punish you.

By having the Pin Ups not being game related at all.

Nah abyssal woods seems possible, its not adding 20+ years. The witch and her disciples were already released in plastic too.

The game is nowhere near as lewd as the optional pin ups suggest. It's tonally monster hunter in the world of berserk but you aren't guts, youre the band of hawk.

This.

Woods is a big expansion, but its doable. If anything, Silver City feels more outside of the games comfort zone, since it replaces the normal quarry system entirely.

The difference is that while Abyssal Woods is larger than other expansions, it's both priced accordingly AND not more ambitious than other expansions. It does just about everything, but there's nothing it does that's truly unique.

>that Gorm
10/10

Was the dick skirt topped by any other figure or its still the most...particular one?

Fantastic.

Why are the monsters playing sports ball?

Nemesis Jam. Manhunter, Lion Knight walked into the settlement the same day The Hand cane to pay a visit. Serious stuff

Can we get a court under their feet?

Does anyone think there will be any love for expansion campaigns? core game adds the smoke knight, and node 5 monsters add time to the end of the game. does that mean the people of the stars and sun might see some overhaul, like people of the bloom is getting?

Lion Knight already has a court.

Awesome...could we just cover the phoenix in pom-poms and make him a cheerleader too?

LOOKS LIKE THE PHOENIX IS GOING TO REWIND THAT ONE FOR US SO LET'S WATCH IT HAPPEN AGAIN IN REAL TIME!

Missed erasing a bit of leftover from an image.

Now we're talkin!

!ETIMANYD EHT SEOG MOOB DNA

I'm happy that I caused this to happen.

inb4 chaos dunk

I have a conundrum. My King's Curse survivor just had his head convert over, but the disorder he drew from the event was Vain, which means he can't wear armor on the head. Does her... Just... tear his own head off?

I would say the specific rule of Cursed overrides the general disorder rule of can't wear headgear.

Also fluffwise since the helmet IS his head now, he's totally hyped about how it looks.

Glorious

I thought of this immediately and have no regrets

youtube.com/watch?v=3OZU3fi08-o

That song is fucking with me so damn much...it's perfect.

COME ON AND SLAM AND WALK UP TO THE JAM

They don't have giant willies though

> mfw I realize that the Hand will Ghost Step to be next to the shooter when the ball is thrown and then where the ball lands, always being right next to the action and seeing EVERYTHING.

He's like the perfect ref

Why can't this fuck takes decent pictures, holy shit how hard is it to hold your camera straight and from above.

So, if i'm reading this right, if you fight the spider-ball, and win, you will have to fight him again in 4 years, if you don't want to loose one of the survivors from that fight, every time?