Do you rather western medieval fantasy or eastern medieval fantasy?

Do you rather western medieval fantasy or eastern medieval fantasy?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Horo_(cloak)
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Eastern because Katana folded 20000 times can cut fullplate armor easily

lol nope

>shrugginglatinachild.jpg

what is a walmart "katana" in shitty iron supposed to prove again ?
A real Katana can split a full plate knight from top to bottom easily

Global fantasy is the way to go. We've always drawn monsters from a vast variety of cultures, it makes sense that we do the same for our heroes, too.

>he doesn't know about Katanas in d20

Early Modern, fool.

I am personally a horses and revolvers man myself, but i do love me some spanish inquisitors

But in early modern age people already stopped believing in dragons and other mythological stuff

You think that stopped them from existing?

Look up the proportion of modern adults who believe in shit like ghosts and demons.

I came to this board to look at pictures. I'm glad I'm here to tell you that tamahagane is shit.

Nobody makes shit out of iron, it's all rubbish Chinese steel.

>"katana" in shitty iron
>he doesn't realize the Japanese primarily used iron in armor and weapons

Why would I want to roleplay as an objectively inferior pagan in shitty gear versus a glorious European in the best gear available at the time in the whole world?

Changes over time atm i prefer eastern high fantasy and medieval low fantasy settings.

>he still doesn't know about katanas in d20

Oh gee I wonder who's behind this post

Because you're a human being who can put aside their religious and cultural masturbation for the sake of fun?

Identity politics is shit, user.

>caring about a single roleplaying game's stats versus real life

...oh my god, you really don't know.

Am I getting old?

What?

That's it. I'm sick of all this "Masterwork Bastard Sword" bullshit that's going on in the d20 system right now. Katanas deserve much better than that. Much, much better than that.
I should know what I'm talking about. I myself commissioned a genuine katana in Japan for 2,400,000 Yen (that's about $20,000) and have been practicing with it for almost 2 years now. I can even cut slabs of solid steel with my katana.

Japanese smiths spend years working on a single katana and fold it up to a million times to produce the finest blades known to mankind.

Katanas are thrice as sharp as European swords and thrice as hard for that matter too. Anything a longsword can cut through, a katana can cut through better. I'm pretty sure a katana could easily bisect a knight wearing full plate with a simple vertical slash.

Ever wonder why medieval Europe never bothered conquering Japan? That's right, they were too scared to fight the disciplined Samurai and their katanas of destruction. Even in World War II, American soldiers targeted the men with the katanas first because their killing power was feared and respected.

So what am I saying? Katanas are simply the best sword that the world has ever seen, and thus, require better stats in the d20 system. Here is the stat block I propose for Katanas:

(One-Handed Exotic Weapon)
1d12 Damage
19-20 x4 Crit
+2 to hit and damage
Counts as Masterwork

(Two-Handed Exotic Weapon)
2d10 Damage
17-20 x4 Crit
+5 to hit and damage
Counts as Masterwork

Now that seems a lot more representative of the cutting power of Katanas in real life, don't you think?

tl;dr = Katanas need to do more damage in d20, see my new stat block.

>that fucking laid back, pimp style swagger walk in the front

No I mean they're objectively shit. Average mercenary in Europe would have access to maille armor in the early-mid era, and half plate by the late period, possibly full plate.

Meanwhile in the East you're getting jack and shit in comparison and have little autonomy.

>doesn't realize that d20 is a game, and not reality

>Muh realism

That's it.

I'm getting too old for Veeky Forums, because now there's this newfag who doesn't know that was referencing , one of the oldest fucking pastas from this fucking mongol horseman board.

I'm too old.

This copypasta is pretty tasty.

This was never funny user. Trying this hard isn't humor, just retardation. You've reached Adam Sandler levels by reposting this pasta.

Oh no, I know the meme, but I prefer to just fuck around because I find the meme to be so old it's stale.

>this whole thread

>tfw you realize we primarily use iron in our construction materials
The Jews didn't do 9/11. Nippon steel forged a thousand times did 9/11

And the muslims

>eastern medieval fantasy
I don't think that's actually a term.

>Muslims being involved at all
Must be that Damascus steel then.

I don't think airplanes are made of iron. Unless that's just what the government wants us to think.

You mean do I like an underdone setting, or a setting that is like an inescapable hell where creativity goes to die? As far as I'm concerned, medieval fantasy can eat 12 different variety of cocks at this point.

Of course not silly. It's the crummy Japanese steel they made the twin towers out of, coupled with the steel quenched in a slave's blood.

Yes.

Indeed.

This one not so much, but the Japanese didn't use shields during the Sengoku Jidai. Well, as a general statement, anyway; I'm not sure if they use larger shields for sieges and such.

Why not both?

They did use hand-held shields, but stopped using them. They did use mobile cover against arrows and bullets.

The giant shoulder pads you'd associate with japanese armor are also shields for them against arrows.

And finally, this thing which is essentially a giant, hollow pincushion.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Horo_(cloak)

It's always West vs. East...What about us in the Middle?

Depends. I like Eastern quite a bit because I enjoy Japanese mythology, so things feel a little fresher to players who aren't Japanophiles.

My great great great great great great great great great great bait mate great great great great great great grandfather didn't kill infidels for this heresy.

an arab/turkic/persian inspired medieval fantasy would actually be pretty cool

Take the West, then the East, and combine them.

Samurai-Knights who commit sudoku for dishonoring their lady love

>The giant shoulder pads you'd associate with japanese armor are also shields for them against arrows.
I thought that was just the Japanese sucking at art.

I'm pretty sure that guy is getting shot.

Globalists are the collective BBEG in the Jonesverse.

Did you never see a picture of their armor?

No.

The Japanese consider armorsmithing an art.

i don't give a fuck about this thread and i will not be around for you to respond to but you sound like a cunt

It was a joke.

With Western you get elves, dwarves, and orcs. What does Eastern get?

Neither. You're both inferior to Middle eastern fantasy. Embrace your glorious prophet Mohammed.

>objectively inferior pagan

What if ancient evils from every fantasy expy culture teamed up, and it was up to a team of murder-hobos from across the fantasy-verses to stop them.

11520 youkai species.

Oni.

>inb4 monstergirls

How many can be cute as elf/dwarf/orc grills

According to Touhou, at least 90% of them.

Aren't those just normal little girls in little girl outfits?

Mostly, but Touhou's depiction of Oni women as pretty is accurate to certain stories describing the daughters of an Oni to be rather attractive by human standards.

Lots of western myths of the equivalent of faes/monsters have attractive monsters. Or unnatractive monsters than want your dick anyway (in spain at least).

Eight mirrion gods

This picture looks like a very early medieval battle. I am not sure whom against whom but it may be some form of Germans vs Huns, or the Franks vs the Muslims of Spain.

Looks Eastern European to me. Russian maybe.

That would make sense as the left side looks very Mongolian/Hunnic while the right side has armor that reminds me of late Roman or Byzantine armor and the Russians at the time where very much Byzantinboos.

Muh niga

Northern early medieval fantasy best fantasy
Not just vikings, but also saxons, celts, slavs and shit.

Ancient fantasy of iron or bronze age is fine too.

Eeverything later is meh. Fantasy is best served in a low tech world, because then there is place for fantastical elements - you have wide tracts of uncharted "no go, monsters here" lands, you've got relatively thinly scattered, insular communities that rarely are tied by any serious infrastructure network or central power, the polytheistic beliefs fit like a glove, "magic" is something people actually practiced on daily basis then.It is the time of myths and legends. It has place for mystery and all the magic in the worlds feels natural there.

While full medieval with some elves and orcs thrown into it and magic and shit feels just fake already. And don't even get me started with guns and early modern stuff not that it can't be done, but it is hard, and the fantastical elements have to fit the period, and your standard kitchen sink shit certainly does not

Keywords
>Western: dishonorable, barbaric, crude, unrefined, backstabbing, rapacious, blind rage, quantity over quality, misguided.

>Eastern: refined, cultured, artistic, honorable, warrior spirit, grace and power, smart, cunning, strategem, tactics, intelligence.

Gee, I wonder which one is better?

western, of course. anything non-european for europeans is DEGENERATE

Western of course.
From what you say Western has a lot more drama and action, while Eastern sounds like Sue land where everyone is perfect and great. That just sounds very boring.

Japanese antiquity ran its police force on a system of state-organized adventure guilds outside of the capital region.

Medieval Japan had genderfluid gangers and religious democratic milita unions.