/CofD/ &/wodg/ Chronicles of Darkness and World of Darkness General

Previous Thread: >Pastebin:
pastebin.com/xrKUUi0A
>Newshttp:
http//theonyxpath.com/now-available-night-horrors-conquering-heroes-heresies-in-print/
theonyxpath.com/new-year-new-game-sale-2017/
This week's Monday Meeting Notes:
theonyxpath.com/midwinter-2017-a-story-in-pictures-monday-meeting-notes/
>Question
Are there even any fan-spalts that stop mage supremacy

>Are there even any fan-spalts that stop mage supremacy
Genius you colossal faggot

You can't stop Mage Supremacy.

>Mage Supremacy

>Are there even any fan-spalts that stop mage supremacy

Nah, Mages are pretty good at fucking each other up on their own.

Are we really doing this again?

It's not like there's currently anything else to talk about. I'm waiting for Changeling: the Lost.

I'd like to play Changeling, actually.

Banishers are the best mages. They even get XP for fucking up other mages shit.

Are mummies in resurrection stuck operating in the middle east? I haven't read much into the book.

Can a person still retain their Catholic faith even aftet awakening?

I need a rote to make my penis larger. Help?

>MAGE SUPREMACY
>MAGE SUPREMACY
>MAGE SUPREMACY

>cup and saucer grip

Yes. Several characters have kept their faith after Awakening. Some in games, others in books. When you Awaken you just gain the ability to do magic. You don't learn everything about how it works and where it comes from. So say a priest Awakened as an Obrimos. He has no clue what happened, and being of a religious mindset, he concludes that his trip to the Aether was a vision from god and that his magic is a miracle.

He isn't right, but he doesn't know that. He believes it, and when some Pentacle mages come knocking around he hears what they have to say and he tells them that their story about Atlantis and Exarchs and Supernal Realms sounds like a bunch of heathen talk and that they need Jesus.

You might be thinking that he sounds like an idiot, but he isn't. He's a regular guy that had something amazing happen to him and he rationalized it through his faith. There are even properly trained mages who don't believe in Atlantis or the Exarchs, so he isn't especially obtuse on that count either. As players we have a different perspective than characters. We get a bunch of books that outline the whole world for us, and we KNOW things to be true. The characters have no such advantage, whether they be PCs or NPCs.

Changeling fans are the absolute worst kind of people.

>every fan but Magefans BTFO
all WoD fans except magefans are the cancer shitting up these threads

Not to mention that its entirely possible for a christian mage to believe that a heaven exists beyond the supernal realms and that they themselves are just part of God's creation even if they do gain insight into the higher mysteries.

No they're not, you're thinking of beast fans

>Beast fans are the absolute worst kind of people.
FTFY, kemosabe.

Mage supremacists are the fucking plague.

>Mage supremacists
they're shit because magefags look at magic as a wishgranting machine

>wishgranting machine
But how can one consider them as anything other than that?

by actually looking at the actual mechanics

That's Ascension. I thought we were discussing Awakening.

Look at this sore poser still salted over the last thread. I'm sorry your comprehension of mathematic is limited to that of a grade-schooler.

Mage supremacists are always owodfags

> can't prove own argument
that's on you user

Already did. You're just a hater in denial.

The storytellers handbook? Why would any idiot use that cesspool. Cinematic magic is overpowered and the Arete + Sphere option is the only acceptable one.

This argument is pointless though. A smart OWoD is just going to get Time 4 and hang death spells on a quiver. Or just hoard of wonders.

Depends on what their awakening was about.
If they awoke as Obrimos, they should probably see it as an incomplete fragment of the truth.
But a character can certainly keep their faith after awakening, I mean all religions are reflected in the symbols of the supernal.

I'm starting to understand why mage supremacy exists. It's because of people like you who just can't learn to let go of a simple disagreement. You drag things on.

The devout Banisher is a favorite villain archetype of mine. They don't listen or see to reason and supernal symbolism reinforces their zealous nature to dangerous levels.

As a follow-up to the last thread, what the heck happened to the old WW forum archive? When did it disappear?

Is it saved anywhere else?

My favorite supernal mysteries are those tied in legends of a specific area and studying the legend gives clues in understanding mystery.

Back in Owod wasn't Celestial Choir inclined to believe this kind of thing?

The drastic supernatural Climate Change is the result of an ancient love story that has yet to find closure.

What happens when they finally orgasm?

It got buried under a massive sticky load of mage wank.

The calm seas starts to move. The Glaciers breaks and melts

Why is countermagic so shit?

>Requires level 5 to be useful
>Completely useless against everyone but the Tremere
>Cost is ALWAYS that of an out of clan discipline

How can you identify a diablerist?

When is Changeling 2e going to drop?

>When is Changeling 2e going to drop?

My guess would be GenCon 2017.

who cares? mages wreck changelings. might as well play an npc class.

So never actually took much interest in changeling. Someone willing to give me the selling points of the game and what can be hoped for in 2E?

In OWoD they had distinctive black streaks in their aura which could be easily seen with Auspex

Out of all nWoD splats, it has the best potential to actually be a horror game, not a supers game.

yeah, they can't regenerate their Sekhem in other places

Is there a way to hide/mask it?

the standard ways that conceal your aura.

Or simply enter Torpor until the streaks are gone

How's the crunch? Gets in the way or is well integrated?

I think there is a merit for that

>Out of all the nWoD splats, it has the best potential to actually be a horror game, not a supers game.

That is debatable. Changeling has a "loss of innocence" vibe about it. But not always.

Not funny.

IMO, CoD mechanic is too heavy for the kind of games it plays. And Changeling is decidely too heavy to my tastes.

>That is debatable. Changeling has a "loss of innocence" vibe about it. But not always.
IMO it is horror when you don't have much chances in open fight against your enemy and you are forced to run, hide and think your way out fast, and Changeling is exactly that. Vampires mostly fight each other; Werewolf is mostly about kicking ass; and Mages are the worst splat in that regard. Changelings can't force their way out of all situations, and they can't deal with True Fae at all, so - horror.

So basically Changeling engenders a feeling of helplessness.

You're a person who has won their freedom from the Fae realm of Arcadia, but returned ever changed from your captivity (Durance).

Your erstwhile captors, heartbroken at the loss of a favored doll, send Huntsmen after you to drag you kicking and screaming back to their realm of hellish delights.

Tragically, when you return to pick up your shattered remains of your life, you find that the monsters who took you fashioned a half-man out of detritus and a shred of your soul, which has been living your life for you while you were gone.

>Vampires mostly fight each other

Vampires are terrified at an internal part of their very being consuming them from the inside out like a metaphorical parasite. Politics don't help the chances of survival very much. Vampire is a high stress game.

>Mages are the worst splat in that regard

I wouldn't dare to even consider Mage as such. Mage has potential for some of the greatest horror due to how high hubris can fly. It's showing the worst aspects of humanity. Power corrupts. It arguably has stronger and more terrifying antagonists than Changeling.

>Werewolf is mostly about kicking ass

I don't have much to say on them. I always thought Werewolf was a soap opera.

I otherwise agree with you on everything you said about Changeling. Especially the Hide & Seek aspect of it.

>due to how high hubris can fly
Plus their existential foe, the Abyss, can get pretty fucking nasty.
Especially Acamoths. Horrible fucking anti-reality Goetia which convert your fucking mind into a nest and eventually drive you so batshit fucking insane and tainted that your soul cracks open.

What I figured, but isn't there ways to get around it? Any other ways than whatever those batteries are?

>It arguably has stronger and more terrifying antagonists than Changeling.
I don't know much about Changeling, but from what I know of Mage I'm inclined to agree with you. Even just a rival Pentacle mage can make some serious trouble for a PC. Then there are the Seers, liches, Scelesti, Abyssals, and at the very tippy top, the fucking Exarchs. What does Changeling have that's that bad? (Genuinely asking).

The difference is that a mage can eventually gain enough power to deal with his problems, while a Changeling is fucked and helpless forever

>What does Changeling have that's that bad?

The Gentry/True Fae are quite powerful. Previous user is correct in the analogy that they're impossible to deal with. But that's only mostly true. They're not a joke by any means. They are living stories.

The Exarchs are more of a difficulty because they already won their right to rule the world. They're not beings you can fight directly. How are you going to personally confront the living symbols of human oppression? You can't unless you're an Archmaster.

You can always just become that which you fear though. Then you're the one doing the kidnapping! #problemsolved

>wanting people to show their math
>literally Hitler
No wonder you yankees are failing behind the other countries in education

I've always wondered if any player has had their character actually fall to hubris and become left-handed. How would that work? Would he be kicked from the cabal? Would he become an antagonist to the rest of the players, putting dastardly plans into action right where they can hear him?

>How are you going to personally confront the living symbols of human oppression?

It's more like trying to punch the concepts of Fear or Greed in their faces. You can't do it. It's impossible without the Threshold Seeking. At least you can physically harm a True Fae.

That's a legitimate end state

You can't really phaycially harm the realm that also constitutes their being.

Inch by inch this is slowly going back to a Mage supremacist thread. Leave now before it's too late. A storm is coming. I can see it.

>We ever left

If you want people to shut up about Mage Supremacy then you would do better to just lead by example.

Doesn't removing all titles kill True Fae permanently?

Yes actually. It's hard but possible. and then the titles transfer to someone else and they become the new true fae. Great isn't it?

More or less. But to take out that last one it really needs to go somewhere. There is no presented way to unmake a title, as it were. Realm titles seem difficult to acquire or mitigate given what's presented.

So if I strip him of the last title it will go to me and I will turn into fae? Or does it simply float there untill someone(another true fae?) clamims it?

When finding comparisons between the Exarchs and the True Fae one has to realize that the former has absolute immortality while the latter does not.

Ascended beings cannot be killed by any means. Non-living supernal symbols can be altered but living symbols are there to stay. That is why ascension is so desirable. You are eternal.

True Fae can and have been killed via their Titles being dealt with. They can explicitly be killed. One also has to wonder whether or not a Fate Master can use the Practice of Unmaking to unmake a True Fae's name, thereby killing it in one blow. Sounds stupid but not out of line.

It will be ok /k/ it will be ok

>being able to strip the title
Largely the method you strip it off. I mean if you really really want it, you can certainly claim it, with a bit of work, no problems there.

Think of it like the Lich King in wow. Or like noble title in RL. you strip a lord of rank and title, you can sit in the throne or it'll past to the next in line. This is what makes fae really annoying

Ok so another question. True Fae are killable but the titles endure. Is there any explenation where do titles come from?

A Master of Fate unmaking Titles seems like a really cool/clever way to screw a True Fae over. Not because of potential wank but because it makes so much sense. They are living fairy tales to begin with.

People have different theories. My Best guess, Story narratives. The dragon of fire. The witch of Salem. the wolves of wallstreet. Arcadia being a realm of stories and fairy tales. It lends itself to humanities storytelling desires. CoD is pretty heavy in it's meta elements.

and this is where the cosmology starts to get murky, as that implys that realm is connected to the astral and dreaming. And lots of folks have different views on that one. The developers let the ST decide how they want to deal with that

agg damage to the realm / true fae. But really I wouldn't do this. It's asking for trouble and a huge headache

Unmaking doesn't do aggravated damage. It specifically kills the target in one hit on a single success. The only thing you can do is hope your relevant Resistance Attribute can Withstand against it.

Thanks for the explenation mate.

So how would you guys involve changelings into other splats. Right now I'm running Vampire and I'm mostly thinking about it but mage and demon are also on the table.

easier system
figure out true fae's effective wyrd(powerstat). wyrd = number of titles. unmaking a title destroys a wyrd point. at 0 wyrd the fae falls apart

But what if the unmaking spell isn't a single target effect? All Titles could be extinguished. I'm getting nervous at how easy this sounds.

np mate. changeling and vampires are my favorite combo. they both feed off of mortals. Highlight the feeding and controlling of feeding grounds and you've got yourself a turf war.

mage and changeling. little bit of high fantasy in your modern game. Finding Symbolism and plots of fate and prophecy. Also Hedge adventures Mysteries

Demon and changeling. Both of them are hiding undercover from metaphysical forces (huntsman and god machine). Highlight the spy game.

Discord if you want to talk more later Trent#6675

if it sounds easy it probably isn't. Possible, yes. Easy Hell no. If it was easy there wouldn't be a story there. And the Realm of Arcadia is all about stories. The realm would let you have a shot at it, but would make you pay out the nose. Not so much in self defense, but in the interest of entertainment

Mages: Republicans

Lesser splats: Democrats and libtards

Keking forever

Stories are not going to mean much when a Master can just unmake the very concept.

>Implying Donald Trump is a Seer

Conquering Heroes shared yet?

Trump isn't a Seer.

He's being controlled by a Profane Urim

>Stories are not going to mean much when a Master can just unmake the very concept.

It just seems so harsh though. But mechanics I guess.

If I want to play a high powered low humanity game, should I go with Masquerade or Requiem?

Someone tell me about Changeling. I know the gist of it, but what kinda games can be played with it? Besides "oh shit the fae found me"

>Choose Masquerade
>Star lowering your generation via Diablerie
>Become Antediluvian
>Consume the entire world
>Get annihilated by a pissed off Archmage
>Worth it

Masquerade.

Do you have mental issues that should be resolved through therapy? If so then choose the cheaper option and pour out your weird neurosis into this roleplaying game.

>mage supremacy intensifies

Don't listen to that user he doesn't want to actually play the game he just wants a power fantasy

>The Gentry/True Fae are quite powerful.
Not on earth they aren't

You're a psychic vampire, who's slowly losing your mind to a fairy tale. going through PTSD.

kinds of stories:
Survivor stories
political stories between courts
adventure stories into the hedge

changeling is one of the closest to playing straight dnd if you want to

yeah but they aren't humans pretending to be Gods, so it's a lot less pathetic