/swg/: Star Wars General - Young Farmboy Edition

Previous Thread: Fantasy Flight Games’ X-Wing and Star Wars: Armada Miniatures Games
>pastebin.com/Wca6HvBB

Fantasy Flight Games’ Star Wars RPG System (EotE/AoR/FaD)
>pastebin.com/wCRBdus6
>mega.nz/#!DkNTDTyZ!PUupCOep4RmRcsgI3rNhU_Pk_xcyFbYWnhrq8gwrVv0

Other Fantasy Flight Games Star Wars Tabletop (Imperial Assault, Star Wars: Destiny and the Star Wars LCG)
>pastebin.com/ZE4gn0yN

Fantasy Flight Games Dice App (Works with X-Wing, Armada, the Star Wars RPG system and Imperial Assault)
>mediafire.com/download/64xy3uy6vepll8v/com.fantasyflightgames.swdice.ver.1.1.4.build.9.apk

Older Star Wars Tabletop (d6, d20/Saga, etc.)
>pastebin.com/wXP0LdyJ

Reference Materials & Misc. Resources
>pastebin.com/AGFFkSin

All Canon Novels and Comics (via /co/)
>mega.co.nz/#F!2R5kDTqQ!WfrDla-jvDIn05U57T9hhQ

Just What IS Canon Anyways?
>starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Canon#2014_reboot
>starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Timeline_of_canon_media

The Clone Wars Viewing Guide
>img.4plebs.org/boards/tg/image/1442/36/1442364889994.png

Writefaggotry
>pastebin.com/cJY5FK9T

Shipfag's hangar
>drive.google.com/folderview?id=0ByhAdnTlOKOeQnA4SFByUC1aQWM&usp=sharing

HoTAC
>dockingbay416.com/campaign

So the "Sabbacc Fortune" is going well.

I decided to give it the sensor dome off an Imperial corvette. It needs more work - a lot more work - but threw on some basic colours.

It's pretty big compared to the Falcon, but it needs to if you're going with dual snub fighter hangars.

This ship was designed using the attached PDF. Print off one sheet per player, and have them circle an item. Mash the items together and generate a starship.

Prequals wuz good and shiiet.
Gorge Lurcars dindu nuffing rong.
Muh 50ties and political allusions and shieeeet.

Just checking in, it's spelled "Sabacc."

Otherwise... an original ship, in my /swg/? Naw.

First for high impact OT3 slashfic
Rum, Sodomy and the lash, right?

if we wanted to find an old consular-class for the rebellion, where would a good place to look be?
something like that cant be easy to find

>if we wanted to find an old consular-class for the rebellion, where would a good place to look be?
>something like that cant be easy to find
There would probably be a few floating around the black market, but you'd need some very particular contacts to access that particular arcane segment of the business. And, since that would be a class highly desired by pirates, there'd likely be a bidding war. But you could almost certainly lay hands on one that way if you had to
Second option; there's likely more than a few in Imperial reserve stockpiles and boneyards. They're gonna have pretty good security and the ship is like to be halfway to a hulk, but theft is certainly an option
Third, little boats like the consular would have gone down in massive numbers in the Clone Wars, and a certain percentage of the wrecks are gonna be salvageable, though pirates and mercs and other rebels are gonna have picked the most obvious ones already. But there're gonna be a few repairable hulls out there if you know where to look

on that note, what is the smallest possible crew you could use to activate it? the crew in the manual i think also includes personnel not strictly needed to fly it

Has anyone else noticed that the Sith code only ever truly worked for Vader? he's the only person who was freed by The Force.

have defence die ever really worked? they only work half the time, and only stop 0.3 wounds

the only thing they seem to do is be the only thing that can stop lightsabers, if only barely

Fuck, like 4-6 guys could get it moving and into hyperspace, get it to where it's going but not be able to fight worth a shit

On an important side note, when FFG was coming up with crew numbers, at least for the small warships, I suppose they didn't quite get that such a ship would need three shifts of the listed crew numbers to operate properly, though a pirate or rebel boat could get by with one full shift and a couple guys to stand watch the other 16 hours of the day, but that would be extremely raggedy-assed in any situation aside from pirate-style raiding

Why aren't there any replicant/synthetic androids in Star Wars? Is the concept just not really expanded upon? It seems like the technology would be there given the cybernetics we see with Luke's hand. Regular droids seem to possess or develop personalities all the time too, so they're already human-like without even looking it.

Asking because I have a player who wants to create either this or a heavily cybernetic human - Ghost in the Shell style.

there dont seem to be replicants that advanced, although a infiltrator droid with synthflesh would make a half decent attempt, although it would look incredibly unsettling of you looked at it up close

bio-tech is not actually very advanced, preferring heavy handed plastics or metals, and obvious mechanical prosthethics, rather than manipulating cells

>Why aren't there any replicant/synthetic androids in Star Wars?

Would you rather be dead or trapped in a negro body for the rest of your life?

People who've run droid characters:
Have you ever BUILT your character?

Guri, Xizor's bodyguard and personal fuck-bot.

This, yeah. She was a Human Replica Droid. Legends canon only though, but if that's good enough for you, then there you go.

I haven't played a droid in a long time... a long time.

I fucking loved that book. I wish I still had it as a lore reference book for the FFG RPG.

I can do the jawa voice from it to annoy the shit out of PC's

I've only ran FFG Star Wars and droids feel like what is basically just another race and not, well, droids. I feel that WEG & Wizards did better in making droid characters feel more like a machine rather than just another random race. If only the Droid character rules in WEG were less nonexistant.

It'd be a bit of a nightmare to make droids function on their own entirely separate system though.

>Fresh Young Farmboy

Hey, want to play with my lightsaber?

General question: what's Veeky Forums's opinion on SWD6?

I came across REUP recently, and I was thinking of running a game, but I'm not too familiar with the system.

I'd say it's probably second best. Better than d20, but can't really stand up against FFG.

>General question: what's Veeky Forums's opinion on SWD6?
Pretty good. Even if you don't use d6, the splat books are a goldmine of lore and starships for use in the other game systems.

The guy spelled it with 2 "b"s in the original image. I figured it was a deliberate misspelling, like "Khrome"

Its an old system that was good for the time.
I regularly plunder the modules and books (both D6 and D20) for a literal mountain of fun stuff

In TPM, didn't it just have Qui gon, Obi, and the two pilots?

Arguably better than FFG's system depending on what you want out of it. D6 is very easy to house-rule and has much better scaling than FFG, in fact it's got the better vehicle rules in general. It's more of a simulationist (insofar as star wars can be) system compared to the more narrative mechanics seen in FFG's, and is a lot more dangerous for PCs, especially if they're scrooges with character points.
As far as I remember, I'm pretty sure that R2 single-handedly flew a Venator in TCW too.

Being able to fly something doesn't imply you only need the one guy for a long-term crew. Anakin landed half a ship too, with a little help from another guy, but there's a difference between flying and crewing.

Ok so I have an idea for a list but I'm not sure how to best implement it. I want big ships with a lot of red dice complimenting each other.

For fun:
Starkiller Base Pilot
-FCS
-Hyperwave Comms Scanner
Starkiller Base Pilot
-FCS
-Hyperwave Comms Scanner
Lieutenant Dormitz
-FCS
-Hyperwave Comms Scanner

This can counter deploy against any list and chuck red dice like mad. Takes a bit to turn around though.

Major Stridan
-Experimental Interface
-FCS
-Fleet Officer
-Systems Officer
-Weapons Guidance
-Pattern Analyzer
Rear Admiral Chiraneau
-Expose
-Weapons Engineer
-Inspiring Recruit

This can compliment Chiraneau with each ship having 4 red dice, target locks, and focuses on each attack. Pattern analyzer combos with Inspiring recruit to do 1 red turns in the shuttle while still giving out actions. Green for RAC locks, action to coordinate RAC expose, EI to fleet officer. RAC moves and can bump without fear. Action could be to boost if I drop some upgrades.

Kylo Ren
-Expose
-EI
-Inspiring Recruit
-FCS
-Pattern Analyzer
RAC
-Expose
-Weapons Engineer

4 red dice and 5 red dice each turn with target locks/focus. Less synergy than the last one, but Kyle brings his ability to couple with RAC's crits, and a second exposing ship.

Thoughts? The space Cadillac is more maneuverable and powerful than the space cow. And I think the triple threat list would be fun. Get into range 3, chuck 12 dice, get a lock, 0 stop and lay on the trigger.

>in a long time... a long time.
I think my cooking's awesome

Sabbacc Fortune guy here. All that 3d look hella cool. The size is pretty accurate as it is considered a Medium Freighter and the same size category as the ubiquitous Action VI (Sil 5). Plus being able to launch 2 snubfighters takes space. Sure its cramped, dirty and cluttered space but it needs space none the less.

Space Nazgul with some connection to Nihilus--viable Sith antagonist concept or no? If yes, what makes more sense fluff-wise? Sith fanboys who did enough homework to become shitty watered down knock-offs of the OG or fragments of Nihilus' spirit that splintered off and manifested some time after his burial?

It's an interesting idea, and I think I'll use it myself. I'd rather they be Force Ghosts or something, tied to some Sith Lord's Holocron, or power, to tie into why the Nazgul themselves are terrifying, however. Plus fighting something that can strip the Force from you and kill you might be a bit much.

Strip force abilities and thats it. No force abilities can be used while they are near so they are immune. Anti-force ghosts immune to lightsaber damage would be terrifying to any Jedi.

How about a bit of both. Some cult springs up, starts imitating a sith lord and eventually finds an artifact of their power, probably a holocron. They decide to open it, only to for their minds to be overwhelmed and bent to the will of the sith lord, essentially becoming hosts to his force ghost.

>I'd rather they be Force Ghosts or something, tied to some Sith Lord's Holocron, or power, to tie into why the Nazgul themselves are terrifying, however.

That's kind of why I'm trying to figure out how to tie them to Nihilus. When he was buried, he made contact with Korriban's dark side nexus. Surely that sort of thing would allow him to do spookier shit than just throwing unintelligible insults at wannabes like Darth Krayt. Plus, I love the concept of the guy and feel like KOTOR 2 kind of squandered his potential. Seems like there's so much more that could be done with him.

What exactly is it that makes the Move power so powerful?

You can throw AT-ATs at people. Quite easily.

>What exactly is it that makes the Move power so powerful?
if you dump enough XP & force points into it you can use it to hurl YT-1300s at your enemies.

What more do you want?!

Fair enough. I guess I was thinking the splinters or what have you would have the full gamut of Nihilus's powers and that's some high tier shit.

That's pretty cool, yeah.

Quick question /swg/. I'm playing Imperial Assault on Tabletop Simulator and we want to use the non-core scenarios. Do any scans of the other rulebooks exist?

As I recall it, the visual dictionary for the film specifies that that particular vessel was set up for discrete diplomatic operations, with the majority of shipboard functions covered by droids/automation. Fewer people on board means fewer sources for leaks.

It starts off reasonable, but with sufficient investment of XP (in the skill and in Force Rating upgrades from talent trees) you can hurl awfully large things, very easily.

I've got her picture in my photo wagon.

in strongholds of resistance there's a side-bar that says that a skeleton crew would be 1/4 or less than 1/2 of it's listed crew. however in the AoR core it lists each crew position on the ship. strangely it calls for 4 engineers to operate, which is strange when you consider that both the gozanti, GR-75, and VCX-100 are very similar in size and only need 1 engineer each for a full crew...

Guess Consular engines are more finicky than others.

Ha ha keep it popping

I still run it. In my opinion, it's the best system there is.

To be fair, Shadows of the Empire is probably one of the likliest of Legends canon to be reofficialized. Black Sun is already canon, as well as Xizor's race and their connections to Black Sun. Plus the story has very little in the way of continuity issues with current canon. At this point it would be easy to just say "Shadows of the Empire is canon", but what will likely happen instead is it will get revisited somehow.

REUP or the one of the original editions?

>To be fair, Shadows of the Empire is probably one of the likliest of Legends canon to be reofficialized. Black Sun is already canon, as well as Xizor's race and their connections to Black Sun. Plus the story has very little in the way of continuity issues with current canon. At this point it would be easy to just say "Shadows of the Empire is canon", but what will likely happen instead is it will get revisited somehow.
Pablo and a lot of the storyboard hate SotE, mostly because of Dash being a cheap knockoff and Xizor being a rapey creep.

In my opinion, REUP is WAY too wordy and unnecessarily detailed. I run a modified/simplified version of the WEG-published Second Edition, Revised & Expanded.

The most important part of WEG's D6 Star Wars RPG is that rules and rulings can be made up on the fly. There's a quote from the book that says as much:

"No set of rules can cover every situation. It's expected that you will make up new rules to suit the needs of your game." - The Star Wars Roleplaying Game, 2R&E, pg. 69, WEG, 1996.

REUP defeats that idea by including each and every homerule that an entire community of players has come up with over two decades. That doesn't improve the game. Rather, it just slows it down.

Star Wars is cinematic. We don't see the heroes of the Rebellion worrying about food, or sleep, or recharging their droids - unless, of course, those things add to the story.

I need images! Images of light freighters!

Why wouldn't the Tusken Raiders attack these and take all the water

So I brought this list to my LGS and it did well but me and this other player both agreed that the K-Wing needs TLT. Problem is we can't figure out what to change. Thoughts?

>Rey
VI
Finn
Kanan
TFA Title
>Miranda
EM
Conner Net
Ion Bombs
Cluster Mines
Sabine
Adv SLAM

I would suppose the jawas have some defenses set up. Tusken raiders aren't exactly known for their siege weaponry.

I'm pretty wary of Cluster mines after watching a Tie/sf fly through all three in one maneuver and suffer 1 damage before Sabine.

Alright, don't know where else to put this, sor I'll ask here.

I'm doing a heavily cyberpunk inspired campaign and I'm using EotE rules pretty much out of the box, the only thing really home brewed is the setting.

But I want net diving/hacking to be more of a thing, with Deck customization and everything. I know half the solution would be to make a rig with upgrades akin to cybernetics, but does anyone have any suggestions on how to integrate a more robust hacking system into the game?

Ifeed possible, how to boil a Netrunner game down to thirty seconds of decision making amd gear/programs choices that translates into a dice pool. I don't want to do a dungeon crawl for one person, just a way to put more flavor and choice into a computers check.

Tl;Dr how do I make hacking more cyberpunk and as interesting as combat?

Because.

Agreed. It's helped me once so far but that was due to my opponent flying into it and only having one hull, and it was actually Sabine who delivered the finishing blow. That's only 4 points though which would be enough for Autoblaster or Dorsal Turret.

Have you checked out the expanded slicing rules in Special Modifications? Also perhaps treat decks as a crafted tool or mobile workshop from that book

I believe Special Modifications has in depth Slicing rul... user above beat me to it. You could always run a cyberpunk campaign in Star Wars, Nar Shadaa and Coruscant are ripe for that kind of scum.

She's probably love to honky-tonk.

They are in the unique position of being able to work in parts of the story into nucanon, while simultaneously improving on the flaws.

I doubt they would, however. It is easier just to leave it well alone.

As already pointed out, Special Modifications has good hacking rules. It also has rules for creating stuff like cybernetics, which could fit what you are looking for.

In short, get Special Modifications. It is the book that keeps on giving.

How often is the extra pilot skill helping Rey out right now? Seems like aces are few and far between at top level play atm. But if your local meta is ace-heavy, then you'll want to keep VI.

Looks solid. The UPS looks to be a useful heavy gunship type, not unlike the YV. Kylo w/ swarm leader, hux crew, and some x7 defenders seems mean.

I haven't played many people in my local meta but the one's I have love Soontir.

I'm surprised that there are no lightsaber techniques that incorporate cortosis shields or anything. Is there any particular reason for that? or has it really never occurred to them that having a big slab of laser-sword-proof metal between them and an angry Sith might not be a bad idea?

I've run the same thing and it is awesome. Because Rey is so expensive you just have to choose between TLT, bombs, or homing missiles.

Jedi are space samurai, samurai don't use shields.

Thanks guys! I'll check out the book and see what it has to offer, which from what it sounds like is quite alot.

Sup nerds.

Sabine is Obi-Wan's daughter (dude got around), hooks up with Luke, has Rey, is dumped on Jakku by Ben Solo.

Solved it for you.

Fanfiction.org/10
Made me cringe.

That is the worst blaster I've ever seen, and Rey is far too uninteresting to be related to Kenobi. Also Luke would never cheat on Mara.

Wrong!

Big shields are really only for fighting in formations. Why they don't use a buckler or something is beyond me.

Throw in some nightsister magic if you can

>Two pasty white folks make an asian kid who looks nothing like them
I know this is space fantasy but come on, my mando'a

You know how OP Vader is in the new comics? Imagine a game with one or more force attuned PCs

Mara doesn't exist, Rey's not uninteresting, also awesome fucking blaster and mando armor.

>no flaws at all
>interesting
Literally pick only one.

I think the blaster looks ok.

So, how could one run around as a force sensitive who is comparable to Corvo Attano/Emily Kaldwin in terms of ability? Could you use Move to grab unconscious enemies and pull them towards you to stash them out of sight?

Now that I'm thinking about it, I figure it's not unlikely that sabine's father was a clone trooper
[/spoiler]maybe it was Fives[/spoiler]

Corvo's biggest power is teleporting, and I'm not sure Jedi can do that.

>Memeing this hard

She has flaws you just refuse to recognize them, so far she following the traditional hero's journey and most of the flak the movie gets isn't about her as it's about the reused tropes from the rest of the series. great bait though.

but could you use Emily's Pull ability or Domino?

but they got that Force power: enhance, so he could run and jump so fast that it seems like he's teleporting!

Nice to see someone else running it too! I'll probably practice with a few different builds before settling on one before the next local tournament.

Tell me her flaws, not that user but I'd like to actually get other peoples' opinions on her.

It's white, the barrels are too small and it's only got one stock. It's awful.

Not the other guy, but that blaster is complete shit and doesn't fit the Star Wars aesthetic at all.

Legends had a Force Teleport power. IIRC, it came up during the post-Vong era though so nobody gave a shit.

It actually came about in the Hand of Thrawn Duology, but no main characters ever learned it above parlor trick levels till after the Vong.

People give Zahn shit for the Luuke cop-out? No, the worst thing Zahn ever added to the EU was fucking teleportation.

>Luke would never cheat on Mara.
Mara Jade does not exist, per Pablo.

Sabine's mother would have the opportunity to meet Obi-Wan (Filoni made sure to make sure that was hinted at), and obviously would be the Asian half of the equation.

>also awesome fucking blaster and mando armor.
I have no strong feelings about the image one way or another.

To me the obvious answer is Bo-Katan for Sabine's mother. Has met Obi-wan, is part of deathwatch and tied to house visla, and has the right ties to mando leadership

Also, is best waifu