Which is the best?

Which is the best?

Other urls found in this thread:

web.archive.org/web/20010412232606/http://www.synicon.com.au/sw/ls/sabres4.htm
saberparts.com
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Any that piece of trash Rey doesn't use for her fucking faggot rewrite sue bullshit

>Which is the best?
the black one

Viridian>cyan>silver>the rest

I like most of em, but silver's something extra.

That saber was the one that Anakin, Luke, Finn and hell even Han once wielded. Why hate on it now?

Yeah Rey is a Mary Sue, but why hate on her that much? Good actress, good general concept, and enough other stuff that the movie survives it. Better writing might yet rescue the character.

Oh, best saber? Deep blue. Or, perhaps a roiling storm cloud grey.

White is probably the best tactically, because it doesn't stand out from other light sources, but a Jedi is all about meditation and diplomacy. Style matters.

Black or purple

Second from right would be my color of choice

>Good actress
>Opening your eyes really wide makes you a good actress now
neck yourself

Purple or green or orange

The one that was before Disney bought them all

Wow what a high quality and meaningful post

infrared

Definitely yellow.

Excellent content, really on topic and adds to the thread.

My understanding of lightsaber colours correlating with personality:
>Blue = protector/warrior, literally the Jedi Guardian colour
>Red = consumed by the dark side, literally the Sith colour
>Green = diplomat/negotiator, literally the Jedi consular colour
>Yellow = pragmatist/watcher, literally the Jedi Sentinel colour
>Purple = brash/volatile
>Orange = mystic
>White = Unaligned/purity
Do these sound about right?

Give me two green, two blue and also turn me into a cool robot dude.

Technically the red color just comes from the crystal that is used being synthetic.

That said, from a mechanical standpoint. I believe the 3rd and 4th from the right were my go to blades in KotOR, double cyan if using console commands.

In the new canon, I think red crystals are regular crystals that are corrupted by the Dark side during the lightsaber creation process

Before Disney bought out Star Wars, it was canon that Luke's lightsaber crystal was synthetic because the empire mined all the crystals from the places Jedi usually get them. He even adapted some of Sideous' notes on synthetic crystals for the new Jedi order for the same reason.

>canon
The people making the Star Wars movies have never cared about the spin-off novels, videogames or anything else. (Well, Lucas liked that they existed, but that's not the same as caring about the plot) Stop blaming Disney for not agreeing with your fanfiction.

>reddit spacing

Grey, becuase it is sharp, and precise. I also like yellow and dark blue.

>good actress

>formatting for ease-of-reading is a bad thing

You fucking wot

le upboated xD

Of those, probably yellow or orange, but only because I don't like that shade of purple. White's too snowflakey.

Infinitely moreso than that character, yes.

I'm not mad about that, just not ascribing to the idea that only bad guys use synthetic crystals.
The new canon is that Luke's using Qui-Gon's old crystal. Even though the real reason his lightsaber is green is because making it blue would have fucked with rotoscoping the colour against the sky in the sarlacc scene.
I AM mad that Disney has appointed writers who follow the idea that the empire are Nazis instead of a large despotic government with its own potential heroes, and that Thrawn's introduction into Rebels waters him down to a genocidal maniac who screeches autistically when anyone insults art in front of him

I like teal.

Black core blades are the best. I like Purple-Black the best.

Blurple lightsabers. Truly SWTOR is a grand achievement.

Thank god they're shutting that shitshow down.

I only now realised that purple lightsabers make no fucking sense.
Neither do white.
Green is cool.

They are? Didn't it just get an expansion recently?

The last one.

Haven't people been saying that shit for years though? I quit shortly after the Starfighter PvP came out and people had been saying "Ded gaem is ded," pretty much since launch

How do they make sense less than other colors?

There's a big difference between saying, "This game is dying", and "This game is going to have only one more expansion, and it has to do with how definitive the statement is.

Cracked red natural crystal. Accept no substitutes.

Shut up Ben.

YOU CAN'T TELL ME WHAT TO DO, MOM!

Hey man, light doesn't come in those colors! It just doesn't make sense!

Not anymore, anyway.
Too soon?

Gotta love green

The thread's not on topic with the board to begin with.

Black core blades are only acceptable for Sith, because I like my Star Wars pure black hat vs. white hat.

When I was a kid I used to think that blue is the color for padawans and green is the color for masters, because Luke got a green saber when he became a jedi knight and because Qui-Gon had a green one and Obi-Wan a blue one.

Lightsabers are lasers, produced in the same way as real-life lasers, with crystal electromagnetic emission. Emission can only produce monochromatic light though, and purple and white are colours that our brain interprets from mixtures of light. Purple light is a mixture of blue and red, and white is an even mix of the three primaries. This means that, unless those lightsabers contain multiple crystals, or lightsaber crystals are so magic they can rewrite physics, purple and white lightsabers cannot exist.
Pic related. The outside curved line is the monochromatic line, showing every colour you can have a laser in.

>lightsaber crystals rewrite physics
Well, sort of yeah.

Starwars is Veeky Forums, so long as it's not just cinema-talk, in the same way character/landscape art threads are Veeky Forums.

It was, however, not on topic for the thread.

Maybe the purple crystal is like a see-through geode with both blue and red crystals inside.

Well, the EU was universally and without exception shit, as is anything that stems from it. Therefore, the only valid colors for comparison at all are red, blue, green, and (sigh) purple.

Of those, green is clearly the best. Both because it stems from the most ergonomic sabre hilt from the movies, and because it actually shows up well in all conditions, even against a forest background. Having your sabre blade blend into the sky or blend into the color of the dramatic lava flows behind your death fortress is poor tactics.

Those are all complete shit. The actual canon sabre colors generally identify the wielder as a follower of one of the various philosophical interpretations of the Force.

Red = Sith
Blue = advocate of the Unifying Force (Ben)
Green = advocate of the Living Force (Qui-gon, NOT Luke)
Purple = advocate of the Force Bitchslap

Also, Luke's crystals and sabre parts were found in Ben's old hut in the ANH novelization (ie, still canon). Where would Ben have gotten those parts? He pretty clearly kept his old Master - Qui-Gon's - sabre, and Luke cannibalized it decades later to make his own new weapon. It's not a philosophical statement for him.

>Stop looking at EU crap and Wookiepedia and focus on the film scripts, film novelizations, radioplays, and movies (and the two canon TV shows). Those are ALL that matter.

The theory we had when we were kids (until RotJ ruined it with Luke's Green Lightsaber) was that lightsabers only came in primary colors and there was another secret order of Force users with Yellow lightsabers.

>Lightsabers are lasers

>good actress

What

Im not even a /tv/ fag but her acting was hammy as fuck

Mein negro

From a purely academic standpoint, sure, but for a Pulp Science-Fantasy Space Opera series, it was fitting.

Would you say Jeremy Irons is a bad actor based on the Dungeons and Dragons film?

EVERYBODY KNOWS

GREEN IZ BEST

If they're light (which LIGHTsabers probably are) that's emitted through the stimulation of crystals, they're lasers. There isn't really much to it.

No they aren't.

According to astrophysicist Yakov Borisovich Zel'dovich, a rapidly spinning conductor will cause the creation of virtual particle radiation at its surface. Particle production is controlled by the charge, angular velocity (of rotation) and radius of this charged conductor.

If we imagine a rod-shaped charged field of atomic-scale width, which is rotating at near-lightspeed, then charge regulation becomes the control for the particle emission type and quantity. Such charged fields would tend to repel one-another, which means the blades could block one another.

The glow of the sabre blade consists of photons energised by the rotating field. The opaque 'thumb-thick' blade shape may be a swirl of ionised air drawn in and swirling about the core. When you ionize a gas, you actually have a plasma, which would glow like a flourescent tube. The roughly thumb-thick plasma zone is merely a by-product, the real cutting is performed by minuscule core of the true blade...leaving almost microscopically thin cuts. he actual color is just a tracer, helping the wielder track the blade's position.

Such a rapidly-spinning superconducting field would tear through most matter by stripping off electrons which bind atoms together. A wound to a soft-tissue organic would appear to be a microscopically thin burn - and such a wound would tend to be cauterized. Dense metals which have loosely bound electrons would be more resistant to cutting. The 'atom stripping' effect would take a little longer to take effect, because such materials have more electrons to spare.

This means that while lightsabres could cut through virtually anything, some materials would offer more resistance to a sabre blade, and we can now understand how Vader's armor was able to ward off Luke's glancing blow.

Boom. Physics-accurate - if theoretical - lightsabres, and not a magic crystal in sight.

web.archive.org/web/20010412232606/http://www.synicon.com.au/sw/ls/sabres4.htm

>Would you say Jeremy Irons is a bad actor based on the Dungeons and Dragons film?

No. I don't have to say it, because based on the Dungeons and Dragons film, it's self-evident he's a bad actor.

Well in that case i would say Purple is the best.

Daisy Ridley is actually a very charming actress and pretty much saved Rey from being an underwritten Mary Sue f a m

She's got talent and so does Boyega

>Jeremy Irons is a bad actor
wew lad.

Lightsaber is canonically a misnomer, the blade is magnetically contained plasma.

>She's got talent

>Not a Mary Sue
>woman
>talented

Pick one.

There's also the plasma torch concept, which is when you have a perforated pipe that constantly emits plasma through the perforations. If the pipe is charged, the plasma will surround the pipe, also looking and behaving like a lightsaber.
BUT we know lightsabers use crystals in their makeup, exactly like lasers. The magic crystals are referred to often enough, the were being mined in rogue one on that planet with the temple. Which means that these hypothetical designs don't apply.
Also an astrophysicist. Well, okay, third year astrophysics student.

>It uses a crystal therefore it must be a laser

This. Or Ultraviolet.

You can really fuck someone up hilariously with an invisible blade.

If you're dealing with an atomic chain rotating at a significant fraction of c, then timing is going to be absolutely critical. That whole, "charge regulation" thing that was mentioned?

If the tuning of that charge if off slightly, you're going to end up emitting a large amount of gamma radiation.

You know what's really helpful when it comes to detailing very small increments of time? Crystals. You've got crystals in your digital watch. That doesn't mean the LCD projection comes from the crystal. Likewise, at least through ep08 of S3 of SW:Rebels (still catching up), we don't outright see a sabre blade being emitted from a crystal directly. All we know is that crystals are vital to manufacturing a sabre. If the Khyber crystals are used for tuning the blade charge, then nothing about goes against canon in the *slightest*, and the model it produces actually fits the on-screen evidence better than ANY model about a lightsabre being "coherent light" or a "plasma in a magnetic bottle".

Secondarily, the idea that a lightsabre is an optical phenomenon is mere speculation. People don't always to name things literally - a lightsabre doesn't necessarily mean a "sabre made of light". A "Star Destroyer" doesn't necessarily mean that there's "Star Frigates, Star Corvettes, and Star Battlecruisers". The idea that a lightsabre is called that because it doesn't weigh much, or that it *emits* light (ie, the ionized-particle glow) is equally as valid as the idea that it's called that because the blade itself is made of coherent light.

SW was dead a few years ago
This thread is now about necromancy in the SW universe
And there actually were necromancers in the SW lore, I only know because I just fucking googled it

So SW has always been shit

Brown.

Why your own of course.
saberparts.com

>bad scripting/direction = bad acting

You are literally retarded.

>le women are bad at everything

This. Every time in KotOR I'd go either for silver or purple for the Mace Windu feel.

It's obviously pink.

I love their concept, but goddamn their saber parts look like shit in general.

Green blade's hilt, but the cyan blade.

Why would this argument not apply to green and orange sabers?

>Starwars is Veeky Forums
No, it's not.

Is there a Star Wars RPG?

>And there actually were necromancers in the SW lore, I only know because I just fucking googled it
which means that you know fuck all about star wars, because the witches of dathomir are about as accessible as the eu gets, being readily available on netflix and all. so why, user, are you in a thread you have no interest in contributing to? even the mary sue/rey defense force shitpost wars are both comprised of groups of people who at least nominally like star wars

there are at least five in current circulation

oh shit that means it's Veeky Forums

RPGs aren't traditional games. Therefore, Star Wars doesn't belong in Veeky Forums. Delete the thread before it's reported.

Hey if you got a problem with it go ahead since i don't think anyone else does.

Star Wars also has a wargame.

>RPGs aren't traditional games
oh shit user, you're right. better call the mods on every 40k thread. and every DnD thread. Shadowrun and MtG certainly aren't traditional, so better get rid of them, too

>implying what you're suggesting wouldn't hugely improve the board

and several different trading card games (all varying degrees of unsuccessful)

>he wants Veeky Forums to become /chs/

so we should just delete Veeky Forums all together? it probably would improve the quality of the board

get a load of this fag

chess isn't traditional. he clearly wants tg to become /go/

go isn't traditional. clearly he wants tg to become /tafl/

By what possible logic?

Given that all of those suck, yes, let's do.

Can we become /lambknuckles/ again, please? Barbarians need not apply.

fucking retarded retcon

Synthetic crystals actually made sense since Siths only care about mass-producing destructive power and little else.

It seems less like a rewrite and more like an asspull by someone who knew nothing of the extended universe which was already decently written.

Vaders saber contained one of the last natural red crystals in existence, all others are synthetic.