>Jumpchain IRC Chat
client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchainCYOA
kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

Jumpers! Have you ever created sapient life?
How did it turn out?

Oh, you know. Not bad.

I create the occasional AI.
Usually with them doing their Job, or moving into an artistic field.

How do you like to introduce yourself to the main characters in a setting when you do so?

>Incredible Durability from The Incredibles jump only applies to kinetic impacts
Wait, what? Didn't Mr. Incredible stand right next to lava without getting baked? He also walked through it while it was inches from his face. I mean, it doesn't even say explicitly that it only works on kinetic impacts. It's reasonable to assume that you can withstand heat, as well.

Not yet, which is surprising considering how much of my magic centers around the funneling, use, and even creation of souls. Especially after diving heavily into Alphys' research in Undertale.

I mean, I've created Golems before with Raven's help and infused them with souls I've called from the space between life and death, but that's not really the same thing. That's just moving them, not creating them wholesale.

I guess I should, someday. Maybe I'll use the SOUL of Forgiveness I created.

Honestly, that's so conditional that it's hard to give you a good answer. It depends if I like the main characters or not, if the story needs to be derailed, if certain main characters would be better off/happier doing something else... a whole set of variables.

I fall out of the sky/through the roof whenever I feel like I can get away with it.

Usually justify it as a teleporter accident, getting dropped by a giant bird (or closest setting equivalent), etc.

Guess it's mostly to see how they'll react. Try not to do it more than once a jump though as otherwise people might get suspicious.

Where did these new jumps in the upload folder come from? Some are new updates of jumps discussed in the thread, but I don't remember seeing Ark Survival or the Arsene Lupin before.

Jumpers, how did you overcome the "Last Avenger" drawback in A:EMH? Did you combine it with other drawbacks?

Generic Hentai has an addictive sex perk.

Hey, if you jump the original Madoka timeline, and you're not strong enough to just fix all that shit yourself... butterflying Madoka out of becoming Madokami would be really bad, right? I should just go Drop-In and get the fuck out of Mitakihara so that doesn't happen, right?

A few quick searches on 4plebs shows that Brancho made a build for Ark - Survival Evolved on the 17th, but I can't find a post containing it in the previous few threads and he didn't link to it.

Arsene Lupin hasn't been posted either and contains a number of basic spelling and grammatical errors that would have been caught by a simple spellcheck.

Both should no longer be there.

You can, if you want to be absolutely sure.
But chances are Homura will just timeloop until you stop fucking up, so unless you have something that screws with her timeloops the risk should be minor. As long as you don't die of course. I don't think the timelooping fixes jumper-death, but i may be wrong.
Unless you manage to fuck up enough to get Homura to die/witch out before looping back, anyway. Don't do that.

So yeah, maybe you should just get out of there if you think you might fuck up to that degree, but you'd actually have to try to fuck up that bad or really really suck imo.

They've both been posted in thread. Don't know if they were accepted though.

Pretty sure ARK was posted before, twice actually. The first time there were some major issues that disqualified it from the drive and the second time it was much better (or at least fixed the unacceptable parts).

Not sure if it was ever truly accepted by the thread though.

They thread accepted it just as much as they did the Night Angel update.

Arsene Lupin was posted by Skull Slime.

Apparently, it was a "shitty first draft". So that should go to WIPs if anywhere on the drive at all.

My mistake then. I couldn't find either on 4plebs after trying to search a few different ways.
Lupin really needs some proofreading before it hits the drive though.

I have been working on the Elric jump. I will be out of town this weekend so will not get much done, but expect a basic WIP in the next couple of weeks.

I see. Thanks.

Another thing I was wondering- I know Kyubey's got multiple bodies, so are there a bunch of him all over the planet doing Incubator stuff, or does he just operate in one place at a time?

You got my name wrong, but here's the final version of the jump which I did not make.

it did get posted to the thread. I don't know why it didn't make it onto the drive.

Ogre Battle: The March of the Black Queen 1.1

Changelog:
+ Literally just edited this to look better. That is all.

Just plopping it down here before I toss it back at the drive.

You need to work on your Search-Fu. It is weak.

No but seriously, I just searched for "Ark jump" and "Arsene Lupin" and found them. What'd you try?

I don't know about him, but my search literally never works. I always get totally unrelated stuff. I've given up at this point and just search through the folders every time.

your specifying Jumpchain in the subject under filters right?

My Search-Fu is indeed in desperate need of training. I apologize for that failing.
4plebs has a habit of either working extremely well for me or not at all.
I typed in "Ark - Survival" and "Arsene Lupin" and came up with nothing.

To any fickle jumperso out there

What was your worst case of buyers remorse you've had in your chain?

> Ark - Survival
>not Ark:Survival

when you add a dash like that. It tells the search engine to exclude results that include the thing after the "–"

So does this mean Ark Survival and Arsene Lupin can be added to the drive?

it's not technically buyers remorse but in command and conquer: red alert I stole all of the coats in the Soviet Union. in the end I just wound up using let's give it a boost on them roughly equally until I was down to four, then combining those Four into one super coat.

Fuck do I got some stories to tell.

There was this one time I made a private force of golden golems (more like high quality robots with a golem aesthetic) with mutant plant cores that linked up with their robotic brains. They didn't have much personality outside of kinda being sun bros and treating plants with a lot more respect (or seriousness, if one was their "enemy"), so all in all a funny bunch. That was one of the good times.

One of the bad times was when I tried making an item of power, a gem grown from my magic and blood and a whole bunch of other fun stuff. Took a couple hundred years to get it right, then when I tried to cut and polish it, it transformed into a psychic abomination that beat me up, escaped the lab and destroyed an island before we took it down. It took like three or four tries to make that project work, turned out I needed the crystals under a stability field which I can't remember how I constructed.

There was also this time I made some companions that were kinda like that Jumper's children after everything was said and done with that chain. They were nice, took a life of their own beyond what was expected.

I guess so for Ark.

But not really for Arsene Lupin, except maybe the WIP folder.

Ark: Survival evolved is finished posted in the thread and updated for criticism so I would say yes,Arsene Lupin is a WIP and goes in the WIP section

So, do we have any shapeshifting or other perks in the chain that would let me transform into a cloud of butterflies? Or do I need to wait for Lunars?

So here's the v0.3 of Ciel Nosurge Jumpchain for your viewing pleasure.

I'll be available for questions and comments for about 5 hours after posting this.

Changelog:

V0.3: Added and fixed some bits and pieces of text.
Renamed to Ciel Nosurge Jumpchain.
Added Wave Physics Primer, Crafting resources Crate, Tz-Wave Conversion Apparatus, High-Grade Cielnotron, Gaming Console, Interdimend Program Notes, Costume Selection, Hobby Supply Stash and Personal Shop Items.
Sorted the items together by background.
Changed some formatting for easier reading.

Nightmare Before Christmas and the new Fate jump have Worm-that-Walks styled options you could use.

Wonder what a good IC reason to have those as an Uzumaki would be. Jiraiya actually being a half decent godfather and teaching it to jumper?

Well, I made artificial dragons, from dinosaur dna, Eclipse Phase uplift stuff, and various magic sources I could splice in...

It didn't go so well. Mostly because they were kinda cumbersome and impractical... But they were cool, so people liked them. When they didn't run screaming.

Usually with a "Hey", before taking a seat next to them.

Or by shooting lasers at the current monster of the week.

Cool.

Mostly, I get that when I enter a jump. And realise I'm stuck with these horrible drawbacks for 10 years, just for a fancy sword I'm probably never going to use.

Omega Self Monecular Manipulation from X-Men Movies should do it.

Gunnerkrigg Court could probably do it.

That was actually a big project of mine in one of my previous chains where I was focused on creating things. It started off as a project to make really advanced androids and then kind of spiraled off from there.

They ended up being pretty much indistinguishable from humans appearance wise, I even figured out a way to give them souls. Since I hadn't figured out a way to let them reproduce naturally, I had to set up a factory that could pump them out as necessary on any world I placed them. They didn't require any outside energy, as their bodily processes were powered entirely by their own soul.

The piece de resistance was the sheer power I gave them. Using magitech perks, as well as the Amazo data from Young Justice, I gave them as much power as I could without them being too powerful for the setting they were in. They honestly didn't need my help defending themselves. I also sometimes offered to the humans that I really liked the chance to be transferred into one of these powerful, artificial bodies.

Funny thing is, I never actually came up with a good name for their species. Nothing seemed to really fit.

>Jiraiya actually being a half decent godfather and teaching it to jumper?
Probably not. Afaik he stays away to not draw the attention of his enemies to Naruto.
If "jumpchain fiat" isn't enough you might have a problem, because a fresh genin orphan having a non-village kinjutsu doesn't really have a good explanation.
Having a summon contract might be able to explain it, but then you'd have to explain where you got the contract.
Saw a ninja summon something and copied the handsigns? I'm not sure if "being summoned to the realm of the species most suitable if you're not contracted" is fanon or canon.

>I'm not sure if "being summoned to the realm of the species most suitable if you're not contracted" is fanon or canon.
It's "canon", in that it happens in the anime but is never addressed in the manga.

Hm, those look interesting.

Especially the Nightmare Before Christmas one, since the Fate perk mentions them twisting into obviously supernatural/monstrous versions.

Do those allow me to function as multiple butterflies though? All the examples seem to still be one being/form.

I think Gunnerkrigg Court is pretty broad. Lets you turn into darkness and fire and shit. Butterflies probably wouldn't be a problem.

Well, there's still the fanfiction drawback if that's not enough for you. It's still pretty flimsy though.
The way i see it there really isn't a good explanation for a newly graduated orphan having a kinjutsu technique.
Especially not one that would satisfy a paranoid ninja village, and especially not from someone close to the village jinchuriki.
Best bet is probably keeping it secret until you get some mission time under your belt and can pretend to learn it legitimately.

I'm not the jumpmaker, but OSMM lets you transform into a cloud of mist as one of the examples given, so a cloud of butterflies should be doable.

Konan goes to konoha to do recon, meets naruto's twin sister(the jumper), not realizing that there are two uzumaki kids, and upon seeing that the sister isn't a jinchuuriki, promptly runs into protagonist levels of charisma and teaches her the technique?

Because lets be honest, naruto IS that outgoing, and he really would. Making the jumper do it isnt that unbelievable, especially if they are his sister.

It's not dumber than what happens in canon, for what it's worth.
I mean logically you'd still rate a trip to T&I to check if you're compromised (sister of the jinchuriki), but i can see it not happening in canon.
You'll have to fanwank how it plays out in your chain, but as a jumper you really really don't want to get mind-scanned by a Yamanaka, which could happen even for a "just in case" check if you've had contact with an infiltrator.
At least expect uncomfortable questions, but you could probably get through that if you have perks to conceal body language and such that would give you away (ninja are freakishly good at recognizing those).

The problem with using Naruto as a blueprint is that he gets away with a hell of a lot of things that he shouldn't, probably because of sentimentality and his jinchuriki status. I wouldn't expect the same leeway, but as his sister you might. Depending on your character/previous behavior, because you can bet the village will have a psych profile on you as a person of interest. If you're similar to Naruto and have a good relationship to the third it sounds doable, especially if you refrain from suspicious (jumper) shenanigans for a while afterward, because they'll probably keep an eye on you.

It should be able to, yes. It lets you turn into things like a cloud of mist and other stuff. There's no rule saying your molecules have to be contiguous.

Hey Yoro! Great jump!

Just wondering - does this have anything to do with a game called Tactics Ogre?

Thanks Annette! Glad you like it.

This Jump doesn't have anything to do with Tactics Ogre, though the two are part of the same series of games. I never got a chance to play it and I didn't want to lock anything out, so this Jump strictly covers The March of the Black Queen. The other two games are wide open if someone wants to make them.

Not Yoro, but: They're part of the same franchise, Ogre Battle is the fifth installment while Tactics Ogre is the seventh. Despite that, they were actually the first and second games made in the series, it's some weird non-linear storytelling thing.

I'm having an incredibly hard time trying to figure out what build I want to go for. You shoved so many perks in here that I want.

Great job but oh god the pain.

Nah, see, all this happens in the backstory.

Okay, that works then.
I can see the benefactor nudging things that way even if it wouldn't play out that way normally as long as it's not too big a departure from canon behaviour.

Very first jump, I rolled Orre. It said you needed a transport out. So I bought the motorcycle.
I ended up taking the ferry out of the port, and hardly used the cycle for the next 10 years.
Wouldn't be so terrible, except for the drawbacks I took to pay for it. Worst expenditure of CP ever.

I'd agree with that. What you can get away with is really proportional to how important you are to the village. If you've got the Rinnegan, for example, then I think it's safe to say that you can do fucking anything and nobody but the Hokage can punish you for it. And even then he's unlikely to do anything to upset you too much due to political pressure even if you do something insane like steal the Scroll of Seals.

I plan on taking pinprick reserves (and then sidestepping it with OOJ powers), so being able to psuedo-telepathicaly control fuinjutsu is kina awesome.

Senpai noticed me!
I am fairly proud at having produced something that couldn't be built for with just a single glance.
Thank you Worm.

First off, this is looking really good so far, I like how everything looks. Secondly, I don't suppose you would be willing to raise the drawback limit to 800cp on the condition of taking the Save Bezel Project? Because I want a lot of things here and I'm going to need 800cp extra to get it all.

That one might get you into trouble with anyone who can sense or see chakra.
If some of your techniques don't have/use chakra expect questions.
Not that you should need to use much OOJ stuff if you fight smart. That's what fuinjutsu is for after all, and Sakura does pretty well with small reserves iirc. Once she starts taking it seriously anyway.

Jumpers! How often do you conquer settings and declare yourself King?

Ok, listen you little shit, you need to fucking stop, right now, and get your act together.

What you are doing is absolute poison for the thread. As I write this, the two jumps you complained about are removed from the drive apparently.

Because for one, you acted like an ignorant turd and spoke false hoods about a jump that had been posted in this thread twice, but is still removed because of you, and another you had spelling problems with.

You deleted a perfectly complete jump because you did not like the spelling errors. That is YOUR fucking problem. Other people just don't give a shit and want a workable jump, which that was.

But you decided for everyone that a few spelling issues were more important than the work some had put into making us a jump. F U C K Y O U

That CANNOT be how the thread works, black balling a jump because you dislike something about it. The only thing that should be a disqualification is not sharing it here at all. But once you act like the threads approval is needed, then that one shitposter (in this case, YOU) can say he does not like can say in thread it and remove it from the drive. And then we are done. Like people have been trying to do you years.

A jump maker cannot be FORCED to conform to every persons standards, or everything gets blackballed. They have the give the thread a chance to give feedback, and listen to it, but that does not mean every complaint (or any complaint) raised about a jump in actually valid. If you do not convince them to change it, you are not allowed to hold them hostage.

Like I do not like how Cenanon did his jumps, with having the 4th origin always cost 150 CP. It went against the current standard of non super race origins being free, and messed up some if the builds I wanted to do. I hated him having all those crappy 800 CP perks and items in what were unpowered jumps.

I did NOT say it went against the threads rules and delete them from the drive until they were redone to suit me. Because that would make me a massive twat.

Now you are a jumpmaker. And thank you for your jump. But you just tried to take away two jump. Ideally you will stop this shit and we will have 3 jumpmakers. But right now, you are a net negative in terms of value added.

Also, if we are being pedantic, your jump does not have a header image, So I removed it from the drive. Because if format issues like spelling can keep a jump from the drive, then the lack of a pretty picture should as well.

What's your favorite pet jumpers?

I think you need to calm down, man.

Only in Overlord, and only for the local scenario reward.
I'm way too lazy an irresponsible to bother otherwise. I'm not enough of an asshole to not do it right when i commit to it though, so ruling was way too much work for my tastes when i can usually just do whatever and ignore whatever official authority exists as it suits me.

God you're a faggot.

The Darkings from Tortall. They're nice.

You seem upset.

Not him, but I can understand his reaction. All the stupidity in this thread gets to me as well sometimes.

Thanks. Really means a lot.
For the raised drawback limit with Save Bezel Project, that's a good point and I'll probably add it for V0.4 (probably just corrections, etc)

So I just did Quest for Glory which got me thinking

What jumps do you classify as/take early in your chain and for what reason?

So the best way to combat the stupidity is by adding more stupidity and acting like a gigantic asshole to one of the least antagonistic jumpmakers we have around here? All because he wanted a spellcheck done?

Very rarely. I don't like the responsibility or the work required for it.

I do tend to pull a Marcone and bring criminal underworlds to heel, though. Being a king of thieves or a pirate lord is pretty fun.

Did you not see the part where I apologized for my rash actions? If I had the Jumps on hand to re-upload, I would have done so myself. I only initially removed them because I could not find any evidence of them having been posted for review in the past.

I still believe Lupin needs another posting for review in the thread as well as some proofreading before hitting the drive, but I did not even suggest the Jumps be "black balled" at all, nor any of the other accusations you just tossed out in my direction.

And deleting my Jump off the Drive as retaliation is an incredibly petty act.

So, in case you're still confused about my stance on the matter, I'm sorry I deleted the Jumps off the Drive. I would have put them back up immediately if I had been capable of it. That's twice now I've apologized. I expect this to be the end of the matter.

Psuedodragons from Dungeons and Dragons. I have four. They're extremely cute, but have a bad habit of playing a little too rough with each other.

I did so in Star Wars, creating a race of NGE angels. Using stuff from Macross and other jumps, they were able to breathe in space, as well as open wormholes by themselves. Their songs could touch the hearts of other, and they were tough enough to handle most land based threats. By the Clone Wars, they were actually doing very well for themselves, using the brilliant minds I have them to make their own technology, and even earn membership in the Republic. I spoke to the senator representing my children (who had come to me known as the Seraphim) for awhile, and he was a good lad. Very bright future ahead for him. You should have seen his face when I revealed who I was, though.

Depends, but usually with a smile and handshake. I...might have asked for a picture with Superman.

There was that one time in RWBY when I helped form a kingdom and protect people from the Grimm. Does that count?

Looking forward to it, even if you're a monster for making me want so many things. That Player capstone especially will help for teaching Song Science in future jumps. At least, I think it will.

Not at all. I make a much better advisor.

Look, Yoro. Dude's a dick. But he kind of has a point. This is why we leave managing the Drive to Brutus.

Ah crap, just realized there may be a problem with leftover CP if someone were to take the 300CP item of their origin.

Do I just put the same 100/200/400/600 scheme for the items instead of 100/200/300/400 or add some 50 CP items and if the second (most likely the one I'll choose) do you have some simple suggestions?

in Cape settings I show up at their Secret headquarters with a cake saying "pleased to meet you {insert their actual first name} let's get along!

Chronicles of Narnia, because control of your age, immunity to time shenanigans and Heart of a Child.

Kingdom Hearts, because it just has tons of good stuff. Memory perks, mental defense, some decent magic, good combat perks, a weapon you can't lose that also picks locks with the always useful keyblade, summons and a good outfit.
It's covers so many bases that you'd otherwise have to take multiple jumps for.

X-Men Movies for that powerful regeneration. Not dying is always great when dying ends your chain, and if you don't overload on drawbacks the jump is easily survivable with just that. And you can even pick up an additional power if you want.

The Sims 3 for never having to go to the bathroom again. That's basically it. Quality of life stuff right there.

My pack of great wolves from dark souls 3
they'd probably take offense to being called pets but they turn into giant furry puddles when they get ear scratches or belly rubs

I'd say the latter, if only because I want more of those items. For 50cp items, a copy of the game, a music box, figurines of the cast, and a model of the planet.

>a copy of the game, a music box, figurines of the cast, and a model of the planet.
I.....Those are all very good ideas, thanks. Added for next version.

First of all, Amaterasu is best dog god. Secondly, my favorite pet would be my little Met from Megaman.

eh, I never take the narnian perk tree
my choices there boil down to starborn outsider line

Some jumpmakers have added 50 CP items for each origin, so there were more 50 CP small stuff.

Or add a 50 CP drawback and raise the drawback limit by 50 CP.

Meh, I'll just add some little 50CP items like the previous user suggested.

Ah, welcome back.

>EVERYTHING Cielnotron related
This reminds me - you should probably make a remark on the fact that Cielnotrons can not and will not work without Nelo. I think that's how it worked on Ra Ciela? That might be a problem, no?

>Interdimend Program Notes
What do you intend to become possible with this? Because Interdimend is scary.

> this jump doesn’t extend up to Ar Nosurge (unless you take the appropriate drawback)
I am guessing you deleted the drawback, but not this line?

>Synchronization
Consider the following - what's the difference between two Synchronized beings and two beings that work together very well? What are you offering with this capstone that can not be achieved with trust and training? The jump does not explain that

>Solipsis
Just so we're clear on this point - you do know what people will do with this particular option?

>Exterior Help
People WILL be asking you exactly how good this training is, so you might want to get that out of the way early.

~~~

That's about everything I could find at the present moment. Pretty nice read, all around!

If that's what you prefer.
Personally i want something like Heart of a Child asap. I want to enjoy my trip after all.
The Preservation of Man is also pretty cool for that.
Narnian Time isn't something you want immediately, but picking up time-travel protection is something you'll want to do sometime anyway, and controlling your age is helpful if you happen to roll a really annoying age in a jump but can't afford the CP to change it. Starting somewhere as an eleven year old if you could be 16 instead is just annoying.
The Clock of Ages is also pretty useful (and discounted for drop ins).
The one out-of-origin thing i always pick up is endless tea. Because not having to worry about drinks is helpful in some settings, and always having really good tea is just great.

Sure, the other options are useful. But they're generally also stuff you can pick up otherwise, while things like Heart of a Child and Preservation of Man are a lot rarer. As are time dilation options, most of which appear in vastly more dangerous settings.

Went it is more convenient for me to do so i.e. The West Wing CYOA in which you have to stay apart of politics for ten years. In a situation like that making yourself THE SUPER UBER GODKING OF EVERYTHING is perfectly acceptable.

Pic Related. Fashionable combat gear, scarves, and luxurious flowing hair is always a favorite where appropriate.

I effectively raised the Nanoswarm from VA-11 HALL-A into a support daughteru.

I've got a jetfighter of a Titan, most of my entrances involve showing up and curb stomping the opposition in a fight to endear myself to the main cast.

>EVERYTHING Cielnotron related
Note added to say that CP-bought Cielnotron have the Jump-Fiat Warranty Seal and will continue working normally, unlike non-CP-bought ones.

>Interdimend Program Notes
Mainly intended to enable you to eventually reconstruct an Ar Nosurge tube (something that draws energy from interdimensional connections).

>Error
Corrected.

>Synchronization
It enable power-sharing, varying with the 'depth' of the Synchronization and is always temporary, unless...

>Solipsis
I assume you mean fuse with a super-powerful entity? If that's what you mean, then the notes already mention the fact that A. attaining the level of Solipsis in the first place is going to be very hard and B. if the power difference is too big, then it ill mean chain end (by too powerful, I intend to say something along the lines of 'If you would gain a substantial permanent power boost from it, assume it will trigger the failure condition'

>Exterior Help
Will add a note explaining it better.

In general, thanks for the feedback.

Always. Angelroids a best.

Where did the Narnia jump go? I can't find it on the drive.
I looked in both the imaged and non-imaged folders.
Am I just not seeing it?

It's in the A-M unimaged folder, for me?

Chronicles of Narnia, under non-imaged A-M.
Right between Chrono Trigger and Chroma Squad.