>free DFC fleet builder
dflist.com/

>Where to order DFC from
waylandgames.co.uk/3951-dropfleet-commander
miniaturemarket.com/table-top-miniatures/dropfleet-commander.html
thewarstore.com/dropfleet-commander-preorder.html

>DFC Kickstarter, lots of useful information to drudge through
kickstarter.com/projects/hawkwargames/dropfleet-commander

Reminder to ignore bait, unless it is masterfully crafted.

Note: There's currently a non-official fan DFC and DZC unit design contest going on at Hawk's forums. Check it out if you have an account.
hawkforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=9444
hawkforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=9445

Other urls found in this thread:

feldherr.net/for/dropfleet-commander/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>tfw you forgot the subject again
>and the post is too old to delete
FUCK

YOU HAD ONE JOB

>tumblr filename
>when I ever only posted that here
Who's been posting our memes to Tumblr, lads?

>Repostan from last thread

Looks pretty solid, user. I'm thinking the following; it drops your Theseus and 2ropa, as well as a single strike carrier, but is otherwise the same list.
The Bell+2Pandora BG is too good to mess with, PHR bombers are great so Orpheus+Ikarus is a solid group. The Orpheus provides a good chunk of anti-light firepower so I don't think the Theseus will be as important as having a solid Orion.

--------------------------------------
List for user - 789pts
PHR - 6 launch assets

SR12 Vanguard battlegroup (280pts)
1 x Bellerophon - 180pts - H
+ Vice Director (40pts, 3AV)
2 x Pandora - 100pts - L

SR5 Line battlegroup (107pts)
1 x Orion - 107pts - M

SR10 Line battlegroup (245pts)
1 x Orpheus - 130pts - M
1 x Ikarus - 115pts - M

SR3 Pathfinder battlegroup (117pts)
2 x Medea - 78pts - L
1 x Medea - 39pts - L
------------- dflist.com -------------

Alternately, if you wanted to be REALLY infuriating, you could do this.

List for user - 800pts
PHR - 6 launch assets

SR12 Vanguard battlegroup (280pts)
2 x Pandora - 100pts - L

SR5 Line battlegroup (107pts)
1 x Orion - 107pts - M

SR10 Line battlegroup (245pts)
1 x Orpheus - 130pts - M
1 x Ikarus - 115pts - M

SR5 Pathfinder battlegroup (168pts)
2 x Medea - 78pts - L
3 x Echo - 90pts - L

an 800 point game is only about 200 or so more than a starter fleet, by my reckoning, so 2 SC's isn't that bad (especially when paired with a troopship). The lack of overall armor for your ground assets might be an issue, but if you can snag one or two of their strike carriers early on with your Echos, you'll definitely pull ahead in the objective game. At such a small point size I'd only expect them to have 3 or 4 SC's anyways.
Frankly, I love how the PHR are the only faction than can reasonably take troopships at this point level, since they're just such solid ships.

Me ;^)

Oh shit

feldherr.net/for/dropfleet-commander/

>11 UCM frigates OR voidgates
>1 Shaltari battleship and 6 Shaltari frigates
>3 PHR cruisers and 6 PHR frigates
>4 Shaltari cruisers
>1 UCM battleship and 4 UCM cruisers
>2 Scourge battleships
>3 Scourge cruisers 4 Scourge frigates
>2 PHR battleships and PHR cruiser

Can we let this thread die and make one with the proper subject?

thanks friend! I'll probably take the first as I do need to have an admiral. if this weekend goes well I'll probably be in another 750 point tourney next week so that'll be interesting.

Keep in mind you can drop one of the Echos for an AV2 admiral, but then you're not -quite- as assured to take out a strike carrier per turn.

I'll probably take a couple of lists and pick one based on what I see everyone else having
if there are lots of low drop asset fleets that might be less of an issue.

if only they weren't on the other side of the planet to me, those look perfect.

I'd actually argue that if everyone only has 2-3 strike carriers, it's more important to focus on those corvettes. A few lucky hits in turns two and three and you'll have crippled most of their scoring power.

What do? You stalking me son?

True, being able to kill one is a bigger hit, I found the Theseus was pretty good for that in my first game but sacrifices must be made

What's everyone been doing for basing corvettes, as there aren't any spare bases in anything I've gotten so far.

Are there any quality DC wallpapers yet?

Kickstarter surplus! Or perhaps older style flight bases, as corvettes dont need as much spike track.

Reminder

I bet the shaltari did this.

>Europe gets bombed to shit in the resource wars, still a wasteland during the early fusion era
>Shaltari show up
>"Hey, we noticed you guys were in need of some extra planets! And we think you'll appreciate some of the custom features we've included"

How is everyone enjoying the game? I played for something like five hours with my buddy trying out each faction and loved it. The Shaltari are pretty neat and the PHR as so fucking difficult to kill. Scourge are hands down the most fun faction I played.

DFC?

Of course. Should have specified.

Ive enjoyed all the games Ive played which have all been starter games, have not played with or against shaltari, their starter fleet seems OP in comparison. Id like to try a larger game but have no time.

Important question: How many Rocket Technicals is too many? Because I can fit 48 in here. And it sounds hilarious.

well, I dont think you can ever have to many!

DZC unbound when

Although on a serious note, 48 is a lot man, you gonna want to paint that shit, but list wise its gonna come to 660 points, with levianthans, could skip those and use drills, takes up both standard slots which doesnt leave much room for gun wagons, could still be a viable list. Just watch blast templates.

>laughing4Thor.png

I'm absolutely loving it, especially the UCM. I want to love the Shaltari, I really do, especially for their aesthetics, but only having one mothership type ship is really annoying.
I'd sell a kidney for a light mothership that could be stuck in light slots with either 1 or 2 gate capacity,

1d4chan is rather sparse on information for this game, so can someone give me a basic summary of how good it is? For someone who's never played this style of tabletop game is it a good game to get? How expensive is it compared to say, 40k?

>off to my first tournament this weekend

I have a creeping dread

What if the memes are real

What if my lovingly made PHR fleet loses because broadsides are underpowered

What if I lose to someone fielding Perseuses and Ganymedes

What if it's just a traffic james

where'bouts you located user?

If it's any consolation, my UCM buddy can't stop going on about how he's "run the numbers" and that PHR broadsides are clearly overpowered. Then again, the guy is apparently incapable of rolling anything higher than a 2 so it's still just a hypothesis.

If nothing else try tossing the old Theseus-Europa group just off-center of the middle as a distraction blob and use the space that creates to get on those objectives pronto.

>What if I lose to someone fielding Perseuses and Ganymedes
Laugh at them anyway for not spending those points on Best Ship a.k.a. Orpheus.

Essex, UK

It's at Wayland in Hockley. If anyone from this thread is there I'll be the guy with the half painted green and silver PHR.

Where in Essex do you live out of interest?

If I take Guide of the Damned, I could run the whole force subterranean, and just swamp the board from all angles with technicals, infantry and air cover in the form of cyclones/typhoons and hellhogs. Probably wouldn't be terribly good, but the look on my opponents face when I shit out that many technicals from surprise drills might be worth it.

Okay, couple questions for a new guy here.
>How many people play this game?
>How expensive are the models?
>Where can I get one of these gaming tables (pic related)?

>so can someone give me a basic summary of how good it is?
Assuming you're talking about Dropzone, it's fairly good. The game is fast paced and objective based, so it's less about killing the other dude and more about doing what the scenario needs you to do.
It's possible to have your army completely tabled, and still win by a fair margin.

>How expensive is it compared to say, 40k?
For the amount of actual resin/plastic you're getting? I'd say it's a bit more expensive than 40k.
For the actual -number- of units you need to play a game? Quite a bit cheaper, as you only need ~200 USD for a 1500 point army.

>Depends on where you are; big showing in UK and Europe, slightly less big showing in US
>expensive for their size, cheap for how many you actually need
>wait for Hawk to start selling their resin buildings again and git gud at terrain modelling

In terms of how tight the rules are and how well the balance is maintained, which is the only real objective mark of quality for a rule set, I'd say DZC is pretty excellent. You have a great deal of list building freedom, every faction can be run differently and feels different, and the game plays quickly and smoothly. There are a few internal balance stinkers, but they're pretty rare, and the factions are balanced extremely well against one another. The game is very much built around the idea of needing dropships for repositioning (even he faster units are pretty slow) and is very objective based, so if you don't like that, you won't like the game. It's pretty high lethality too - there are few units that can effectively tarpit.

It's more expensive on a model to model basis than 40K, but less expensive on the whole to build a working army.

What does /dcg/ think of this?

PHR Balanced 1500 - 1499pts
PHR - 8 launch assets

SR17 Flag battlegroup (359pts)
1 x Heracles - 285pts - S
+ High Director (100pts, 5AV)
2 x Calypso - 74pts - L

SR20 Vanguard battlegroup (360pts)

SR10 Line battlegroup (214pts)
2 x Orion - 214pts - M

SR5 Line battlegroup (130pts)
1 x Orpheus - 130pts - M

2 x Medea - 78pts - L
3 x Echo - 90pts - L

2 x Medea - 78pts - L
3 x Echo - 90pts - L

Alternately;

PHR Balanced 1500 - 1492pts
PHR - 8 launch assets

SR17 Flag battlegroup (359pts)
1 x Heracles - 285pts - S
+ Vice Director (40pts, 3AV)
2 x Calypso - 74pts - L

SR20 Vanguard battlegroup (360pts)

SR10 Line battlegroup (178pts)
2 x Theseus - 178pts - M

SR10 Line battlegroup (219pts)
1 x Orpheus - 130pts - M
1 x Theseus - 89pts - M

2 x Medea - 78pts - L
3 x Echo - 90pts - L

2 x Medea - 78pts - L
3 x Echo - 90pts - L

Yo, this is actually a pretty schway scheme I found on the facebook group.

Grey black and beige always look great together, user

REMOVE HIDEAUZE

Also question for faction X- how woud a race who dont use traditional carriers work in dropfleet? No carriers, higher PD, and lots of torpedos, albeit ones that arent a powerful as other races ones.

The problem is you will have no real AA, unless you also take some gun technicals, but yeah it would be damn hilarious when 60 something technicals come out of his back line. Painting them all though man good luck, I know the scheme I came up for my resistance army makes each model take hours of work to finish, painting even 24 technicals sounds daunting.

unless they had a longer range on those torpedoes, I feel like a stealth skew scourge, or heavy use of silent running would cause them major problems, as bombers are currently the only real quick counter to that without active pinging constantly.

I think that's copper, actually, not Beige.
>tfw no Machine Caliber bro

On a related note, I've finally found some excellent inspiration for some schemes, what does /dcg/ think?

I'm personally thinking:
>UCM
Red or Grey
>Scourge
Purple
>PHR
Blue or Brown
>Shaltari
Orange or Green

i was gonna paint my PHR a bright obnoxious green but possibly like this, might even use the jungle camo too

Yeah, AA will be tricky. Have to take Hellhogs with missiles, and those things are a bit lacklustre.

In terms of painting, well, if I'm painting that much of something, it's getting a spray basecoat, inked, basic highlights, and final details. Plus I cut gunners off my Technicals, because the difference in scale between the gunners and the vehicles themselves really, really bugs me - so I dont have to paint those, at least.

I know a uniform paint scheme for a Resistance army is a bit odd, but I've assembly lined armies before (Tomb Kings oh god help me), so they'll get done. Eventually.

How is that show?

You guys got me to watch Sidonia, and I loved it but I wish it was a little bit more like the manga... by which I mean the gritty visuals verses CG.

This looks like CG but it also has the gritty visuals I crave.

Please advise.

Sidonia's ending was god tier - I am always a fan of overwhelming firepower raining down on unsuspecting foes. How's the manga?

Thread related, $150 of Resistance is now on its way to me. Good times.

>schway

...T-Terry? Is that you?

Gargantia is okay. There's some things in it that seem wasted, but it's generally pretty good.

It feels softer and more welcoming, but also more horrific and frightening when shit goes down.

This dynamic is lost in the conversion to CG -- but as you can see it's all still very much the same concept.

Gargantia is definitely worth a watch, sidonia is decent, but the manga I feel does decline in quality over time- art gets worse and theres a feeling that the author didnt care about it anymore and just wanted it done at the end.

I think its still worth a watch / read, but its worth noting what I said above.

I was going to check out Heroic Age for my mecha fix first, but I stumbled across Gargantia along the way... I think I'll check it out, thanks.

comparison for anyone that's curious

Yeah I kinda see what you mean. I give the creator credit for being such a structural visionary, but his people skills really need work.

In fact, that's why I have a problem with the anime in the first place; they sanitized it a little too much. Ended up feeling weightless to me, by comparison.

No_

Am I in the past, is this /m/ from like 3 years ago?

Different timeline bro, this one's a bit behind. Stein, not stain.

Gargantia is roughly broken down into:
>1 episode of POST-HUMAN SPACE FIGHTAN
>60% waifu bait, fan service, and slice of life onna waterworld
>30% is post human protagonist dealing with living on a primitive waterworld and integrating himself into the society, as well as anime philosophy ranging from "trite drivel" to "fuck yeah"
>remaining 10% is more POST HUMAN FIGHTAN but without the space ayys

I got to earn you guys about the kickstarter then. It doesn't go well everything is late. Games alright though.

That scheme is aggressively bad.

I'm 5 episodes in, and this is absolutely the case with what's on offer thus far.

I absolutely LOVE the concept. The entire first and second episode are fucking GOAT, but then it seems to dip into that waifu-life stuff you mentioned. Too bad they don't go back to the space fighting, I was seriously wondering if he ever would.......

FUCK.

A near perfect concept that is left rolling around on the floor before it's time.

chilling, isn't it?

Don't worry, while the waifu bait and fanservice remain a thing all through the show until the ending episodes, it gets much better once the TWEESTS start coming in.

>Shaltari with a Dimenstrum
[scared.png]

>tfw you'll never drag the right-hand rule out of quantum space and toss it at a horde of pitiful lesser lifeforms

It's weird, I can see what he was going for, but he lost it somewhere along the way.

It's like he looked at Flecktarn, said "That looks hard," and kind of half assed it.

>shooting abstract mathematical concepts as weaponry
Fucking hedgehogs.

really that bad

how would you paint flecktarn on a 10mm scale model though, kinda is hard you know.

Oh for sure, on infantry it'd be damn near impossible, but on smooth surfaces like PHR vehicles, I have no doubt it'd be feasible. It would take a long time though, and a very steady hand.

so then would you say deciding to approximate it with a faster stippling technique for the purpose of saving time and still having a table top acceptable quality would be entirely valid?

>trying to put together a Shaltari list without going low on firepower
Can anyone tell me why the Granite exists when you can get an Amber for the same points?

The Granite is supposed to be the alternative to the Amber, exemplifying that Shaltari attitude of "mediocre damage, but guaranteed"

Unfortunately, particle lances are shit in general except for the Diamond's, and the Obsidian/Ruby are only acceptable because they're linked.
33% chance to do no damage is a horribly high percentage, and a combat cruiser only being able to do 2 damage per turn on standard orders, max, is absolutely pitiful.

Make all lances 2+ lock, give the Granite linked, and maybe bump it up to 105 or 110

Team yankee vs. Dropzone commander as my next wargame guys?

Pick whichever has players in your area. It's the sensible choice.

But what if the local area is literally nothing but magic, 40k, Infinity, and warmahordes?

And now that we've covered that, I notice the Amber is actually 110. The old brain problems are kicking in again

Then you're in the exact same boat as me, and can buy whatever you want so long as you're cool with it sitting on your shelf indefinitely.
Marshaling curious people in an tiny and inflexible local environment is a nightmare.

Just gonna do one last check, no one here in /dcg/ is wandering down to San Antonio for PAX south right? Figuring out if I should pack some dropzone or dropfleet.

Then play some Infinity. It's sick.
Or start your own groups.

I'm having this exact issue. My friend and I play semi regularly at our LGS which is solely Malifaux and Magic and I've seen some interest in DFC but no one likes to paint apparently. Super frustrating as the only store that might have a player base is two hours from me.

i need to ask around, but i'm fairly certain that of all my flgs, never even has infinity been on the table.

Go for that one, if i was you.

I like it, user. The Shangri-La pocket, no?

Bump for bost human rebublig

So, the mighty Thors. I've heard the heavens scream their name, and those screams seem to indicate that they're pretty good at crushing the infidels in your way.

But do you generally find that they need transports?

Suppose they'd work for that. Hadn't planned it out lorewise at the time.

Not sure you'd need transport for the thor, might help get a first turn position though.

No. Thors and bombardment have a stupendously long range. They need to be firing from the get-go, and are expensive to air-transport.

So, all this foreshadowing's pretty straightforward on things...
>Race X keeps fucking with everyone and can detect UCM Stealth Ships.
>We probably know who the PHR spy on the UCM council is
>Commander Idris Elba on Earth is going to XCOM the shit out of the aliens, and probably start some major fighting or find some dark secret.
>Where are the other Scourge planets?
>Shaltari Civil War ahead... perhaps even Race X is a Shaltari faction?

>half the Shaltari want to play the long game and screw everyone else by pitting them against each other
>the rest just want to kill the primitives and be done with it

Could be run race X is either shaltari hippies with lots of alien auxiliaries who want to make nice, or some sort of super black ops shaltari more advanced than the rest of em.

>"Shaltari Tribes" are just border hicks
>legit Shaltari Empire shows up to see what's been making so much noise
But that would be rather redundant, and would go against Dave's assertion that the Scourge are the big kid on the block as far as military strength goes.

I doubt very much that Faction X will be Shaltari.

There's already a pretty dire lack of xenodiversity in DZC, what with three of the five factions being human.

Eh, I'd count Scourge and PHR as half's each at most.

I didn't count Scourge there.

UCM
PHR
Resistance

And then, yeah, the Scourge's primary forms are human.

Oh yeah, forgot about the Resistance since I just play DFC.

>Mfw I'm a resistance player
>Mfw will never know space

>will never know space
>Except as that place where those falling bullets the size of apartment blocks come from.