Connected to SeattleNet...

>Welcome back to /srg/, chummer
>Last Viewed Files: → →
>Fast_and_Furious_23.trid
>Gridguide_Operator.sim
>Spirit-assisted_street_racing.mgc
>running_in_the_2050s.mp3

Personal Alerts
* Your Current Rep Score: 10 (87% Positive)
* You have 1 new private message, titled 'Gotta go fast'
* Your Chummer > Tools > Options books list has been unchecked github.com/chummer5a/chummer5a/releases
* Cloud File Storage: pastebin.com/SsWTY7qr
* Running Redline_VR.BTL...

>Watch your back
>Shoot straight
>Conserve ammo
>And never, ever get in a street race with a dragon

Riggers. What are your experiences with/as them, for good or ill? Vehicles or drones, or a little of both? What are the best models to spend your ill-gained nuyen on?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2FdCjpJP3iA
youtube.com/watch?v=Q43h1zHpjqc
shadowrun.com/forums/discussion/comment/181431/#Comment_181431
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

so whats the best vehicles for 4 man team to use without rigger? Have to be inconspicuous, decently fast and well armored.

>

you fucked up, chummer.

Does anyone else ignore the ork aging thing? It reeks of adherence to standard fantasy shit without even remotely figuring out the real consequences behind standard fantasy shit.
Also the listed average life expectancy for human beings apparently automatically include medical support in old age but orks don't? Because there's not a single person on Earth who's hit 90 without LOTS of medical care.

Technically in SR the listed average lifespan for human beings is 65, which is around a decade or so less then in real life. So no, medical help to reach old age in that chart so a properly medically treated ork could likely live a lot longer then 45, especially since orks stay physically stronger for much longer then humans do comparatively speaking.

That said I usually ignore it since they fucking made an in-universe retcon that goblinized orks live as long as regular humans JUST so Bull can explain why his stupid self-insert character isn't a rickety and useless grandpa who can't run anymore. That's all the reason I need to ignore that shit since apparently THEY get to ignore it when it's convienient too.

Here is the thing. An ork can live to 70-90, but most of them don't. The reason is that they are prone to a genetic condition known as Methuselah's Syndrome which causes rapid aging. Medical care can't help much with that.

Actually, the head of EVO got his fixed.
He's in his sixties now, canonically.
So yes, is right; they literally find reasons to ignore metatype life expectancy literally as soon as it's convienient for them.

They likely just make shit up and add explanations after the fact because no they don't fucking care.

You mean he got Leonization? That's hardly uncommon to CEO's.

No, I mean he got generic therapy to cure his Methusalah's Syndrome.
Like I said, they just want certain characters to live longer so they just make up bullshit reasons why they should and then shrug and say
>"I guess our NPC's are more special bro!"

Eh? Really? I read that he was looking for one but if he did found that changes things for my char. And is Evo selling it?

>My first thought of using stunbolts isn't super great since the team mage specc'd counterspelling for combat spells
Are they always right next to each other / in LOS? Are you not able to send in more than one mage, or cast more than one spell per turn?

>My 2nd thought to use toxins doesn't really work since he doesn't have skin for contact vectors
Short of a chemical seal, this is not true, and gas masks do not protect against non-inhalation vectors.

Funny one. 350+ replies in, past page 10, and (you) """don't want to shit up the thread""" beyond a single shitpost.

>Now fuck off
Chances are we'll all be talking to each other anonymously more than a bit, so why dress it up as though that's enough to get rid of someone? Fantasy cyberpunk make believe is all well and good, but wilful ignorance of reality is taking it a bit far.

Not that I can see in the rules, no.
Then again maybe it's just for rich folks like all good healthcare in SR.

hey yekka, sorry for the late reply. Downloaded the nightly directly, and the new Save as PDF thing works perfectly fine. sorry for the trouble.

Completely fine, it was a fuckup on my part.

BMW X Infinity
(check Chummer for stats)

Multiple motorcycles?

Anyone know where I can get some info on Hong Kong other than SR:HK?

There's a pdf for playing 2060s hong kong.

You can wear clothes over whatever you want, but your GM has the right to penalise you for it. Run & Gun even has rules for doing so based on the climate and weather.

> have 1 new private message, titled 'Gotta go fast'

This is your reminder that you can break the sound barrier in a Dodge Scoot

You appear to be using an outdated version of the vehicle rules.
Rigger 5: Upgrade today!

okay, but can you do it without using Movement?

>I'd like having rules for container concealability modifiers
Body Armour Bag.

From what I checked: Get an Control Rig Rating 3, that will boost your speed by 3 (And handling, and that's all according to RAW).

Use the Rigger 5 rules to downgrade something to give it enough upgrade space to get rating 1 Speed increase.

Then, there's a quality in the core rulebook called "Gearhead". While the rules technically state "Increase speed by 20%" those aren't numbers that mesh well with anything else in vehicle combat, so every GM i've ever known just allows you to increase your speed by +1.

So, you get the base speed of 3, the speed upgrade from rigger 5 brings you to 4, Rating 3 Control Console brings you up to 7, and, for a brief amount of time, you can be a Gear head which will bring you up to speed rating 8 which, according to the book, is Mach 1.

Gotta Scoot Fast.

While you're at it, tell us all how crazy the Rain Forest Carbine is.

You forgot the part where the speeds defined in the core book are no longer official.

>according to the book, is Mach 1.
The mistake you are making is thinking that the man who wrote the vehicle rules even intended to include actual speeds in the rating system; he did not.
In fact it was written by someone completely different well after he wrote the actual rules and he did nothing about comparing the two.
The guy who created the vehicle rules said outright to ignore the idiotic chart.

>The guy who created the vehicle rules said outright to ignore the idiotic chart.
And this is where Rigger 5 comes in to redefine speeds in relative terms, not precise measurements.

Yuppers.

You wound me gentlemen.

I know the rules aren't official, and in fact, the guy who made the vehicle section didn't know the second guy came in behind him to add 'numbers' to the speeds.

When I run my games, the speeds are way more abstract (Since most of the vehicles in the book can't, technically, reach highway speeds anyways).

But, if anyone happens to have a GM who is a hardass about making sure everything is RAW, you can just start drifting around at the speed of sound on your nice affordable Dodge Scoot.

>if anyone happens to have a GM who is a hardass about making sure everything is RAW
That's where you slap them in the face with Rigger 5 until they stop referring to the core book for speeds, because they're not following RAW. They're being RAW selective.

In short;

I'm not saying you're wrong.

I'm just being entertaining with what the rules technically say. Or, at least, some of the rules.

>CONCEALABILITY
>This feature means things are either more easily hidden beneath the girth or length of the piece, or the design of the piece means it is less likely to be detected.

Just pointing out that Concealability as an armour feature is for hiding the armour under clothing or hiding something within the armour. Body Armour Bag has -6, and as bulky, restrictive, unfashionable armour, it's probably not for hiding it under your jacket.

Hey how bad are Jaguar Warriors?

Asking for a friend since I'm going to be using him as a meatshield.

They're a kind of special forces unit, so they are very well-equipped, well-armed, and well-trained.
They tend to have lots of Awakened members in general, usually with a mage/shaman of some kind in the lead.

They aren't the best special forces unit in the Sixth World or anything but they're easily comparable to a runner team and frequently will have far more redundancy in their skill sets then most hyper-specialized runners will.

Is it kosher to give an assassination target a hyper competent power armored body guard?

I mean, if he had the money to afford one and he knew somebody was coming for him.
Most people would really spend the cash on an entire security team because it's much safer, but if he's got the money for a real expert too then why not?

Basically this is an excuse to have the players need to kill shadowrun dr. who while avoiding shadowrun samus.
Fucker will try to talk you down then SPRINT AWAY while the bodyguard uses fucking missiles on you.

If they're important enough. I once planted a Pepper Pots like secretary along side a high up corp suit the team got a contract to extract.

Should have seen their faces when the screaming skirt they dismissed turned out to be a fully cybered killbot. That was fun.

Bonus points if she was named "Mercy".

>Be the change in the world you want to see, chummer. Write the rules, make the magic happen. I'll gladly edit and critique.
>Body Armor Bag (-6 concealability)
Alright, let's do this.

First, I'll invent container size categories to decide how big of an item you can reasonably in each container. Each container size is defined by the default concealability modifier of the biggest gear it can hold without displaying excess bulk. This is NOT the concealability modifier it confers to the item.
>[concealability modifier of biggest gear] = example
>-6 = Universal data port/thimble/
>-4 = Shirt pocket/worn shoe/sandwich bag/glasses case/internal purse compartment /metahuman mouth/ piccolo case
>-2 = Pants pocket/ empty sock/ empty shoe/ small backpack compartment
>0 = Large coat pocket/ small shopping bag/ worn pants/ medium backpack compartment
>+2 = Purse main compartment/ average shopping bag/ briefcase/ large backpack compartment/ inside of coat/ empty violin case
>+4 = Large shopping bag, small duffel bag, small suitcase
>+6 = Large duffel bag, large suitcase, empty guitar/cello case
>+8 = Body bag, trunk of small car, empty double-bass instrument case

(cont.)

Containers grant -2 concealability for every category by which the container size exceeds the object size. For instance, a holdout pistol kept in a baggy pant-leg will have an extra -2 (total of -6 concealability), while a contact lens buried in a purse will have an extra -8 (total -14). When someone opens the container to look inside, and there's a reasonable possibility of missing the item (the aforementioned contact lens inside a purse has this. A violin case full of grenades will not), use this modifier and not the item's normal concealability. If a searcher empties a container, he automatically discovers all items once contained within.

A soft container (such as a pocket or bag) does not give a concealment bonus or penalty to an object in the same category as itself, as it doesn't have enough room to hide the object's shape or weight. It still requires a perception test to notice the object inside, which in some cases may be enough.

A container that is hard, or whose shape is inconspicuous and does not match the item in question (such as an instrument case, hip flask, cardboard box, or shoe) itself has +2 concealability relative to a comparably-sized item, but grants an additional -2 concealability to items kept within. If someone passes the perception check despite that penalty, he becomes somewhat suspicious of the item (notices unusual shifting weight, hears odd clattering within) and may choose investigate further, generally either opening the container or using a scanner.

If an item is inside multiple containers, only the highest container modifier applies (although a russian-doll layering of containers might make the process irritating for an underpaid rent-a-cop).

If someone goes to extra lengths to keep an item's profile less conspicuous (i.e. putting a gun in a suitcase and padding it with extra clothing), this grants an additional -2.

Specialized smuggling compartments have their own rules and confer their own modifiers, usually -10.

So, I'm wanting to make a Bio Adept who is known for Hulking Out.

How do? I'm really wanting to Get a rating 3 Adrenaline Pump to just turn into a monster at the drop of a hat, which requires Restricted Gear, and a shitload of money, but, that is also 2.25 essence, which is 3 magic.

K-10 is cheaper.

Yeah, but not as Thematic.

Use that essence for something better, like a cyber torso and modular arms. Four armed hulking out magic melee murder monster machine.

Combine an Adrenaline Pump 2 with Berserk or Berserker's Rage (Improved Berserk). Flavor wise, you are enhancing/combining your Adept Powers with augmentations like a good Bio-Adept would. Mechanically, it puts you at 4.5 ESS, which means you can grab Berserk + Rage for 2 PP, then get Improved Reflexes 1. Or if you'd prefer you can get Improved Reflexes 2 and regular Berserk. Either way you have .5 PP to spend.

>First, I'll invent container size categories to decide how big of an item you can reasonably in each container
... Why? Estimate a duffle bag, estimate the items. If it doesn't pass the smell test, then take something out. Anything that does fit inside has [base concealability] - 6.

>rating 3 Adrenaline Pump
Problem with adrenaline pumps is how long they work for at high ratings. It's rating * 1d6 turns, then stun damage equal to the number of turns it was active. Which means you might be taking 18S damage at the tail end of a fight - ie; after you've been messed up some.

I just feel like there should be a difference between a silenced rifle making a bulge in a golf bag, and the spare clip that should be basically invisible from the outside

There is.

Sniper Rifles are +8 Concealability, +2 in a Body Armour Bag, while Spare Clips are -4, -10 in a BAB.

I suppose that works.

So how about appropriately sized soft containers are a flat -6, hard containers -8?

Im playing an elven mage/face for a street level campaign. He's got
A:Magic
B: Stats
C: Skills
D: Elf
E: Money
An Ares Crusader II & an Argentum Coat w/ Fire Resist R2 (the coat was a gift from his Corp Enclave, rich parents girlfriend, looking for good RP with breakfast club relationship) not much nuyen left for stuff.
Im trying to think of a good name for him & his gang of other wizkids.
Also advice of spell selection
Guy is a con artist/huckster just tryin to make a break. Turning to shadowrunning to make cred to impress gf/gf's family.

Any advice appreciated

Rewatched Stand Alone Complex recently. Honestly comes across as a pretty good bit of inspiration for Neotokyo visually, and the group comes across as a particularly tight knit group of runners.

Anyone got anything that works nicely for other aspects of SR?

Bladerunner movie for an A E S T H E T I C. I mean, seriously, even though it's kinda bland movie, it's got a fucking GORGEOUS art style. Especially Dekker's apartment and a animal market. And a story for an lone detective hunting a cybered assassins always a good sidestory.

So he's a rich kid sleeping rough? I assume with money he has not an awful lot of lifestyle purchased. Maybe problems from the girlfriend's family and his family, while they STICK TOGETHER THROUGH ALL OBSTACLES LOVE CONQUERS ALL?

Spells and rituals: The Renascance ritual isn't fabulous, but it can help for manchurian candidate style shenanigans if you go heavy social. Influence and Levitate are great spells for a lot of things. Physical mask is good for meetings and fuckery. Consider the elemental grenade spells if you're really hurting for combat spells, they're pretty versatile, if heavy on the drain. Oh, and sense link for some minor spy work.

Besides cost and flair, is there ANY fucking point to getting a Ruger Warhawk over the Predator?

> take LEBD-2
> Downgrade handling
> Remove taser, mini weapon mount, and it's drivers
> Install small weapon mount, with external-smartlinked Ruger Super Warhawk, install appropriate targeting autosoft
> Install personality tweak: Clint Eastwood

There's a hermetically sealed hard shell briefcase in Run & Gun. It has anti-olfactory sensor technology, and you basically can't tell the shape of something inside it at all.

Can I just say, I love your characters motivation. 10/10 would exploit as GM.
Especially when you have to explain to your girlfriend where you got the money.
Also spoilers she's gonna end up being the daughter of a mob boss or something

More damage and more penetration?
Besides, why would you get a Predator when the Savalette exists.
For the other way round:
Ruger can't fire semi-bursts.

I need opinions on the good/bad of Chummer's file-size blowing out to 55MB-ish in order to support better rendering of the HTML print preview.

>Recoil penalties are cumulative over every Action Phase and Combat Turn unless the character takes, or is forced into, a Simple or Complex Action other than shooting.
If you ignore the monkeys who put 'Simple' in there, then Single Shot becomes more useful.

>Single Shot (SS) weapons have the [...] advantage of not suffering from cumulative recoil when fired in single shot mode.

Bad: For anyone still using a 386, that's huge. Fuck them anyway, they can't run Chummer5.

Good: Everyone else would not even notice, and more functionality is welcome.

>Besides, why would you get a Predator when the Savalette exists.
Not him, but it's equal DV, equal AP, more ammo, and I can Double Tap for the exact same benefit of Burst Firing and use up one less bullet while I'm at it.

Rather than finding stuff they can acquire with difficulty, consider things that are slightly not rules legal, but still make sense. ie; electronic firing modification for a favoured firearm that doesn't prevent a silencer being attached.

>blowing out to 55MB
Storage is cheap, Time is less so.

>55+MB is bloatware
Coders really are autistic fucks.

Mostly it just bothers me that I'm increasing the application size by around a thousand percent for a feature that won't really see any use. As is, the only places it'd be properly used are the print preview and the updater changelog. There's a vague plan of integrating the git wiki for documentation, but that's ages away.

I guess we could provide a direct connection to that roll20 sheet...

Savalette can fire complex long bursts => -5 to defense, You can't copy that with the Predator.

Seems like a waste of time and space, imho.
The File looks fine as it is.

Honestly i just use a houserule to the speeds in rigger 5, whick worked pretty well till now

1 point water speed: 15 km/h

1 point Ground speed: 30 km/h

1 point of non jet based flight: 60 km/h

1 point of jet based flight: 600 km/h

so far it worked well. for ram attacks i use the table from the CRB and for now i'm happy that none of my players wanted to put a katana on their jet drone.

I would go with the toyota gopher.

add a seat, pilot 4, maneuver and navigation autosoft 4, maybe a personality tweak and let the thing drive your team to it's destination while the team can hold a mission briefing.

youtube.com/watch?v=2FdCjpJP3iA

Why is Germany better at everything? It's like their race is somehow masterful at Shadowrun.

It's because we germans love tables and rules.
Makes everything more tangible

>Tablejew the Faggoting
Not even once

>Stealing the fucking Shadowrun Intro
youtube.com/watch?v=Q43h1zHpjqc
>The cucks don't even give credit

No he isnt rich. Dirt poor. Trying to impress a pretty girl who is very rich.

Oh yeah, i figure my DM will make one of the parents something bad. Maybe a mover shaker corp exec, not mob boss as id like the gf to be relatively oblivious to all the horrible things in the shadows of the 6th World.

What's a good pickup truck for a construction rigger? I was thinking the Percheron (every construction worker's gotta have an F-series pickup), but does it really give me that much more than the Gopher (w/ increased seating to simulate a Crew Cab) for the price tag?

Also, is owning a Kodiak too doofy? What about two

I am a stupid user who will happily sacrifice 55MB for prettier print-previews.

>single shots = no cumulative recoil
Why is that a problem when you only need one simple action for a single shot? Cumulative recoil resets any time you spend an action doing anything other than shooting, so just use a weapon in SA mode, and spend a simple action each IP doing something like take aim or take cover.

The only way you can accrue cumulative recoil at all is if you either use a complex firing action or intentionally don't use your other simple action for the IP. And even if you use a complex firing action on a given pass, you can just Take Aim -> Simple Fire on the next pass and not deal with it.

I want to play a driving Adept who only uses shitty-looking JDM cars and has eurobeat as his calling card.

Can this be a functional build?

Is Dunkelzahn proof that reality-show stars make good presidents?

As long as they die after their inauguration, sure

He died before he reached the White House, actually.
I mean, it was just as keikaku and all that but he never actually got to BE the President.

I haven't played Shadowrun in a while, and I just wanted to know, why do Technomacers suck again?

I know that they can't make PANs, and that they're very stat-heavy, but are there any other reasons?

If I remember the explanation I heard correctly it's not that they "suck" as much as they are not the best choice for anything that they could be doing. They were better described as "sub-optimal" than "bad."

Oh boy
shadowrun.com/forums/discussion/comment/181431/#Comment_181431

Every day until you like it

I'm not even half-way through and I like it already.

Although, it raises a question. Sprites don't have any mental attributes, so what do they use in their place for matrix attributes? Do they use my mental attributes? If they hack-on-the-fly and get marks, do they count as my marks the same way Agents work?

If Trump explodes into a magic rift tonight, I'm gonna paint my face red and move to a reservation. Get ahead of the game.

>I'm gonna paint my face red
seems like he already did

>rap_airhorn.mp4

how is spell damage calculated, like a fireball or lightning bolt, net hits + force, or just net hits?

in 5e it's just net hits for direct combat spells and Force + net hits for indirect ones

ah therein lies my confusion.
So stunbolt and manabolt and those associated spells do only net hits and fireball and the like do net hits+force while providing a chance to dodge and armor. Makes sense.

So I've recently run afoul of the Yama Kings because I'm not as smart as I think I am, but I don't want to move out of Kowloon because ain't no stupid ass ghosts kicking me out of my house.

Anyone have any advice on fighting them?

Eat a gun, omae, it'll be faster an much less painful.

Get lucky

Really, really lucky.