The Huaorani spend so much time climbing up trees their feet have evolved and most have very flat feet...

>The Huaorani spend so much time climbing up trees their feet have evolved and most have very flat feet. Because of the small gene pool many also have six toes on each feet

This is a reminder that Elves should have weird deformed claw feet since they are always climbing trees.

Other urls found in this thread:

dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4135698/The-Amazon-tribe-kills-eats-monkeys.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Evolution
>In fantasy games

So your basically enforcing the anime elf stereotype?

Holy shit

Only degenerate footfags will understand this one

>climbing up trees
>very flat feet
Yep, just look at all those apes with perfectly flat feet.

Goblins have Evolved--namely secondary sexual characteristics. These more pronounced features correlate with greater survival rates for female Goblins of tribes near human outposts. It's all very mysterious.

>doing something a lot causes "evolution"

Polymorphed.

That's a lot of fancy words to say you like green shortstack sluts user.

You might say "their feet leveled up".

That is not mutagenic. You can't into science.

Take it up with the newsmen

dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4135698/The-Amazon-tribe-kills-eats-monkeys.html

A quick google search shows their feet have not evolved to be different, but that their feet are just so deformed from their way of life and the exertion they put upon them without foot support. Photos of children from the tribe show normal human feet.

As to elves and their feet, they are quite often shown wearing shoes or foot supports and thus would not suffer this problem of deformed feet. Though the idea of them having small mostly harmless claws on their toes and fingers would give them a small bit of aesthetic difference to humanity and really emphasise their alien nature.

Or they wear those underfoot guards with their toes exposed

>epigenetics
it isn't just about what genes you have, but how they express themselves
obviously one family/individual had this mutation, was successful, and had lots of children.
which is how mutations become features

stop trying to do science user

I will never fault a man for trying explaining why green short stacks exist.

Reminder that humans should have two toes in your setting.

>like green shortstack sluts user.
I hate lewd posting and waifus and fetish shit and magical realm fuckers, but in an ideal world green, shortstack sluts would be real.

Speaking as a physiotherapist, those toes look like their medial musculature is very powerful; look, the big toes are drawn inward, toward the inner ankle, by the powerful draw of the musculature there.

I suppose years of gribbing tree trunks with the feet may produce such toes. I wonder if they suffer arthritis.

>This is a reminder that Elves were literally created by their god two generations ago in whatever setting OP is pretending to have a group for

why settle for the setting only? skip some thallidomide to your spouse while she's pregnant, then you can have some teratogenous fun

this would only be true if their survival was based on how well they could climb or remain suspended in said trees as predators or other environmental condition would kill them otherwise.

One thing that few fantasy settings seem to really grasp is the fact that humans are very variable in geometry. Where dwarves are rigid in form and elves usually share the same basic shape even across subspecies, humans are capable of having anywhere between 24 and 4 toes, can be between 2.5 to 12 feet in height, and have a weight variance between 30 pounds to 1200 pounds. The only thing that really matches that are usually trolls.

Those are all abnormal mutants. Don't pretend they're part of our typical variance.

See, this is what I like.

Humans aren't the most adaptable because we're specially suited to it, it's just that we are suited to pretty much any climate and we breed fast enough for mutations to express themselves relatively quickly.

>anywhere between 24 and 4 toes, can be between 2.5 to 12 feet in height, and have a weight variance between 30 pounds to 1200 pounds.

Are you retarded?

And how dwarves should be covered in scales with no hair whatsoever and also claws. Evolution doesn't make too much scenes in fantasy. Hell, evolution doesn't make a lot of sense in a lot of ways IRL.

user

>Evolution doesn't make too much scenes in fantasy.
it does if you don't use magic or premade "checklist" races

>it does if you don't use magic
Then what makes it fantasy?

science and evolution that isn't present in our world

however the science is basically magic, like having crystals, powders, and oils that don't and can't exist

ape feet are flat, they're more like a palm than a foot, which has a much more defined arc. It's just that apes are also capable of using their feet like hands which means that they curve like fingers and your palm. When they walk they have a very flat footed gait

Not saying that having feet like that which couldn't bend would actually be good for climbing, just that they have flat feet. Maybe the elves are only halfway through regressing?

>Hell, evolution doesn't make a lot of sense in a lot of ways IRL.
Wat?

I *hope* that guy means, evolution rarely works in predictable, logical ways.

ie, a sparrow is distantly related to a velociraptor. hardly seems like a set of changes that make sense.

same for a bunch of mammals deciding that spending their entire time in the sea was a better life and becoming whales. etc etc.

unless, of course, that guy is trying to say that there's no proof, and all that. in which case he's just a fucktard.

Oh, so magic.

Does that mean I can have my buff women who go to war since I don't need to worry about viable evolutionary practices or is that getting too unrealistic?

I mean, if their diety made them that way, that's how they'll stay, right? That happens with all the races unless corruption occurs. So if a diety made buff women then they'll always be buff women.

It doesn't really follow that elves would benefit from evolution.

Humies are (as life has shown) the perfect balance, both short-loved enough to quickly pass on and raise descendants and also genetically diverse enough that those generations will have real changes.

That's why flies, for example, don't dominate the world. Sure, they breed stupid fast but aren't genetically advanced enough to capitalize on that.

Elves are the inverse- super kickass traits springing up left and right, but they breed as effectively as a pair of decommissioned refrigerators (i.e. not very effectively at all).

>humans are capable of having anywhere between 24 and 4 toes, can be between 2.5 to 12 feet in height, and have a weight variance between 30 pounds to 1200 pounds

>short-loved enough to quickly pass on and raise descendants

Weirdly worded I'll admit, but my point remains. I just fucking suck at writing.

Humans are the genetic powerhouse of reality, popping out kids so fast compared to other species that eventually some chosen one comes along.

The point is more that elves suck at evolution, unless the species is majorly overpopulating the area, which """could""" help to kill of bad traits just as well. But at that point you're making horny Spartans mass-producing children to get the best genes, which doesn't really scream 'elf' to me.

Aye, I agree with you. Just wanted to provoke an answer before jumping to conclusions.

Which is weird because in real life humans breed slow, mature slow and are terrible at giving birth.