Horus Heresy General /hhg/

Word Bearers, slaves to baldness Edition.

Free close combat weapons Sub-Edition.

Previous
>HHG
pastebin.com/iUqNrrA8
Official HH 7th Edition Errata (Updated January 2016)
forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Horus_Heresy/Horus_Heresy_7th_Edition.pdf
>30k TACTICA & TIPS
What to include in a HH list, how to format it, what makes each legion special (crunch), tactics, Tutorials for Heresy-era minis and more
pastebin.com/Tm2P4QLp
>HH Books, Novels and Rulebooks galore
pastebin.com/k9uvqsub
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmega.nz%2F%23F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyC
>Updated rulebooks
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2Ffz1OuHK%2Fcrusade-imperialis-army-lists.pdf.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2FZTK72gs%2Flegiones-astartes-age-of-darkness-army-list.pdf.html
>/HHG/'s Legion demographics
strawpoll.me/10558764
>Primarch Popularity Poll
strawpoll.me/11458318

>Make your unit entries
mediafire.com/file/q315zmyjntb4j04/LA Exploitable v1.pdf

>BoP's Paint guide
imgur.com/a/aBKJE

>HH Discord
discord.gg/wYS2J6b

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HmbZwGluOIg
twitter.com/AnonBabble

first for iron hands

Second for the true iron legion

>tfw you were writing up an OP with dice rolling, thread summary and actually keeping track of what thread we're in
XXVth thread for
Oh.

#
In #
Requesting a photoshop of this as one of Lorgar's titles

IW, IH never had Librarius, EC never had any Librarians (at least in some older fluff) because of the insecurity caused by the gene-seed incident, not sure about SoH and RG. Corax did use them sparingly, the last one went to Terra to face the punishment for breaking the Edict, got recruited by the ol' M.

Inherited baldness. By the Emperor.

This thread is undergiong inspection for the Biologis. Prepare for analysis.

(Why, of all the armies, did I pick Reductor Biologis. No damn fluff for either. Going to be fun converting everything, though.)

At least you'll have an actually interesting and unique army, unlike everyone here who plays loyalist Iron Warriors

N-noth-ings g-going on m--magos! Just appreciating the h-human form! *Nervous Laugh*

Or you know, it's easier when they wear helmets.

>here, you can see the techpriest has placed his brain in a jar because the conductive fluid its floating in increases his cognitive efficiency by 2.8%

Yesugei talking about the Khan (in Scars):
>in any case, he will take no notice of Edict. None of us will. The gift is part of who we are, has been for long time. Imagine if I tell you to put away your flamers, or you, son of Medusa, your metal hand. Would you do it?

>my shitpost about Word Bearer baldness is mentioned in the OP

Thanks guys, but on another note I'm planning on replacing my dark apostle figures deamon head with the unhelmeted one from the Blood Angel upgrade kit, I like the idea of beautiful corruption similar to how Sauron deceived the elves or Satan.

Awww
Yeah I was expecting that you did it.
XXVth thread 'ere we go, bread for the bread god, walls for the wall throne.
Why would the IW not have librarians? That we don't hear about them doesn't mean they exist, especially in such a big legion.
Sh-shut up user!
It's ok. Reductor Biologis may be a contradiction, but their OC Thallax don's really fit the Shock Trooper bill too well, nor do they complement the usual Reductor playstile.

>Archmagos, set new firing coordinates for my Ordinatus D-cannon
>Target: Her vagina

>Imagine if I tell you to put away your flamers, or you, son of Medusa, your metal hand. Would you do it?
Why do plebs think they have any say against direct and explicit orders from the Emperor Himself?
>Yes I would, for disobedience is mutiny, and mutiny is treachery. Not that the Sagyar Mazyan know a lot about that, huh?

World eaters best legion

Not everyone.

If you play WE and don't mark your Plasma Support Squad sergeants with a chainblade on their plasmagun, are you even a WEbro?

>>>>>>World Eaters
>Couldn't eat a single moon

Don't use your trip it just annoys everyone and stops the thread being annoying

>not posting the WE with a chainblade on his auspex

Augmentations, although admirable, appear unnecessary and inefficient. If optimization is desired, call at the nearest Mechanicum outpost. Good day.

Greetings, touring guests. Here you see the study bays, accessed when the optimization of cognitive function over physical is desired. Please enjoy the rest of the trip, and don't forget to stop at the enginseer barracks just past the vehicle pool for your complimentary electoo.
Ave Omnissiah!

Thanks. I'll be sure to post a few pictures once I get the first batch done, but seeing as this is the first "Major conversion" army I've done it may be a little shoddy, as I will probably be picking up a few skills on the way.

I was thinking a Reductor fleet containing lots of Genetors, tasked to investigate, assimilate strengths from and eradicate any particularly hardy Xenos beasts and races during the Crusade.
Since they distrust Cybernetica, they use bio-monstrosities for the most part, save Thanatars and possibly Vorax, since those are hard to replicate in flesh while remaining effective and still be simpler to control.
Hence the Phosphex fluffed as localised virus bombs, the Levy hordes as flash-cloned swarms of lesser Xenos and the Stormvermin/Ogryn hybrid Castellax substitutes.
Obviously heretical as fuck, but Xana was happy to lend them a dock in return for their unwanted spoils of war.

Actually, bald Word Bearers just shave their heads, as Lorgar's geneseed actually gives you perfect long flowing black hair and noble and regal facial features. This is canon.

The Imperial Fists would willingly tie one hand behind their back if the Emperor decreed it. The other legions... probably not. Maybe the Ultramarines, since they'd see it as a challenge to overcome through clever tactics.

>Stormvermin/Ogryn hybrid Castellax substitutes.

I don't have it, I was on my phone the last time I saw that picture.

>Maybe the Ultramarines, since they'd see it as a challenge to overcome through clever tactics.
Riiiight, Ultramarines ;^)

the art attack head has fallen on hard times user

Sauron deceived Satan?

Give tips helpful anons

Iron Hands- Legion's Pride RoW; 3,000 points

>Legion Praetor

>Terminator Squad- Land Raider Phobos/Armored Ceramite
>Terminator Squad- Land Raider Phobos/Armored Ceramite
>Tactical Squad- Full Squad
>Tactical Squad- Full Squad

>Apothecary Squad- 2 Apothecaries
>Contemptor-Mortis Dreadnought- Twin Assault Cannons
>Contemptor-Mortis Dreadnought- Twin Assault Cannons

>Vindicator
>Vindicator
>Deredeo Dreadnought- Plasma Cannonade

And then either a Stormblade or a Fellblade.

It comes out at just over 2,800 with the Stormblade, so what else should I do? It's also possible change the Deredeo for a Leviathan, if that's worth it.

How to effectively kit out the Terminators? Chainfists look pretty pleasing, as do Volkite/Plasma guns. Any other ideas for buffing out my units?

Oh yes, and a dash of Tyranid and/or Dark Eldar for weapons options, with Admech cybernetics to bring it all together.
I am going to have so many spares at the end of this project.

>It's better to be King in hell, than to be decieved by fookin Sauron!
Yes.

Daily Reminder

user why u so heretek!

Alpha Legion might do it, if only because they can't be certain said hand isn't about to stab them.
EC too.

By the gods, you are mad. You actually plan to make Mechanicus army without using their actual models, so it fits your back story.

Rad

So PotL requires that a majority of your units have Legiones Astartes. Sadly you have too much AV.

Personally, plasma Deredeo isn't as good as other plasma, and the other options for it's guns.

>he doesn't view the elves as satan incarnate

As well as Lorgar himself shaving his head, as he had to re-apply his tattoos as his Primarch healing removed them in less than a month, iirc.

Only 16 days to the terrorist attack at the Nottingham Belfry

Can anyone explain the appeal of the fellblade? Its main gun either puts out about the damage of a basilisk battery, or a single AP2 hit which isn't normally going to kill a tank. I don't get its appeal compared to the other superheavy tanks whose guns generally do something unique.

Should I post That Amgron? Or Those White Scars?

You know what I'm tlking about. You all know what this means.

I have friends in my heresy. It looks nicer from this side of things. We have so much more... creative licence.

Oh, I'm using some of the models because they are pure sex. Thanatar, Vorax and the smaller Dominus especially, plus Thallax. I had to convert a lot of stuff anyway for Reductor batteries and Arlatax if I wanted them, I may as well go the whole hog. Quite a lot of the Fantasy stuff works really well with some metal plating (Nid Carapace in metallic, plus rivets, if I can get it to work). Most of it works out cheaper too, just because you get 3 in a box and the boxes are still less, even with some bitz prices.

I've been busy with work and will be for the next few weeks, so I've had a lot of time to plan, but when it eases off I can finish off my 40k WarConvo and get started on this.

It's ok.
Even then, the Reductor may not fully trust cybernetic mounstrosities, but they absolutely love anything marked as Siege Automata.
I'd assume they also favour the Thanatar Cynis, consigering it's more of a Siege-Assault Vanguard automata

>>>>>Implying implications that Inferno will be released
Inferno has been confirmed delayed till 8th ed user.

Don't say that shit, they'll cancel the event.

>8th edition delayed until 9th edition is released.

Your list is illegal. You have five units with the Legiones Astartes special rule (i.e. infantry, but non-independent characters don't count) and six without (Dreadnoughts and tanks). But you're only using Pride of the Legion to take five Elites, so drop a Mortis and take the Head of the Gorgon rite of war. It will require replacing the Praetor with a Forge Lord, I think.

Leviathans are only worth it in a drop pod. Otherwise, don't do it.

Fully kit out one Terminator squad for assault - 2-3 chainfists for tanks, then a mix of power weapons or single lightning claws. The other squad... not sure. I'm leaning towards shooty but that works best if you're going to outflank them together (if using Head of the Gorgon).

Shit, I should've noticed that. Do dedicated transports count towards the total?

Also why do you not like the Plasma? For me, it seems like the most versatile loadout, as Lascannon is too expensive and lacks the firepower to reliably take down a lot- a squad of terminators with chainfisits are cheaper and can gib vehicles a lot easier. I like the auto cannons, but AP4 is damn near useless elsewhere.

So I'm running reductor with lots of artillery, is it worth me taking an allied detachment or ironfire iron warriors to laser guide my bombardments?

What Astartes don't have an organ to prevent helmet hair yet or something?

I love watching this mohawked motherfucker play AL just to see those snakes get stomped.

Whom?

youtube.com/watch?v=HmbZwGluOIg

It's probably because it's easier to cut hair then design an organ to give some use to hair.
And it's not for 'helmet hair' so much as to allow for a full seal and not need to create giant ass helmets to fit a 300 year old beings hair.
Logistics sometimes wins in a fantasy setting.

quirk from MWG
shit at the rules, shit at the game, shit personality
god, i fucking hate MWG

Eight - the Land Raiders count, and Rhinos would too.

Shame that thing's rules are so bad, or I'd probably get one for the looks.

I like the Vorax for looks, and I imagine any creature engineered to work as well as a Vorax would be so wild it would be more dangerous to control and use than the Cybernetica, which at least only go completely mental with fucked-up Cybertheurgy.

Also thinking about greenstuffing up some squid-things like this Huxley and implanting a Vox to make cyber-occularis. Big lumpy sphere with tentacles can't be too tricky for even my greenstuff skills, there's plenty of tutorials for the latter. Bit smaller, obviously, and with less detail than the artist managed, but I think some judicious Nid parts will help.

I thought you were going to make Vultarax count-as

As it doesn't mention they're excluded, dedicateds count against you yes.

The plasma costs more points, lower strength and even has a Gets hot. Vindicators or Medusa are better blasts. The Deredeo is still meant for AT with S8 sunder crippling most vehicles and the las outright killing others. It's also the best AA platform as it can basically kill most flyers the turn they come on, rather than a Mortis with Kheres.

>"and I have the valencio, the thing that let's me reroll my morale checks"
>"and my heavy support squad has four missile launchers and a heavy bolter on the sergeant"
And that's about 2:30 in. I don't think I can handle watching the rest.

Versatile and durable enough to fight anything and contribute

I mostly see him doing the delpoy alpharius and dynat alone out of LoS gimmick that only works on entry-level players.

Though I did see him lose ro RG recently. Would have been a bigger stomp if the RG player remembered all of coraxs rules.

Tell me more of him losing

By the Omnissiah that's cute.
I want a million, and I want each one to be modelled with tiny face claws smooshing it's cheeks in an "oh my gosh" face.

Nah dog if we want to go full 80s Rogue Trader goofiness give an extra feature to the Mucranoid being that it seeps into and hardens a Marine's when necessary to provide a emergency combat helmet if needed.
Give all those topknots and mohawks some use.

Now THERE'S a good use for those Tervigon sacs I'd have left over from the first builds. I suspect my Chaos friend might have some spare Havoc Launchers and I have a bunch of Kataphron heavy arc rifles.

That might be good to try once I have the basic stuff done, since I'd have most of two Tervigon kits left. I am never going to be able to do all these ideas, but at least I'll never run out. This is going to be brilliant.

I'm glad we concur. Why is every robot tentacle drone adorable?

>*Marine's hair
I can't do the typings right today.

Tervigon sacs have pretty clearly defined Termagant heads in them user.

Terran recruiting grounds, big black book numero uno. Lots of their marine names are based on words from both regions, ie Garviel Loken, Tarik Torgaddon etc etc.
Additionaly, Cthonian gang markings are based on Sumeric, though there's no in-universe connection.
I'll post in the correct thread eventually

So they do. Dammit. Ah well, I suppose I'd have the parts anyway, so I'll see what I can do with file ,greenstuff and sculpting tool. If not, I suppose I can make a "Cannon fodder cloning vat" for my Ghoul Levies, some of which will probably have Gant heads and lots will have gant guns, since you get loads per 12-gant box.

Anyone have experience playing with or against the unique Sallies Dread Cassian Draco? I'm building a Sallies force and am wondering how much I should expect from him on the tlable.

Heavy support squads usually have missile launchers. Volkites and lascannons sometimes get used (the latter with a bunker or void shield generator), but plasma isn't terrible.

Small non-heavy support squads in drop pods are good suicide mission units with meltas for tanks or plasma for terminators. Veterans with combi-weapons and the appropriate veteran skill are even better, if you have the elite slots. You're better off switching Rites of War, so you won't. I don't think you need one of these units anyway.

The Khans literal only reason for staying loyalist was because he promised to. You can't get much more distant than that before you're traitor.

I have a friend that runs him in damn near every game he plays.
He is a bastard and a half to deal with if you don't have outflanking or deepstriking elements to hit him in the rear or shitload of haywire and even then it's a crapshoot what with his invul.
The Leviathan he fields too usually goes down faster from what I've seen.

I like to think Khan would still have sided with the Loyalists.
Remember the verbal bitchslapping he gave Morty?

He found his reason for not joining the traitors because he was disgusted with them but he had little loyalty to the Imperium himself.

He very likely could have ended up as the only blackshield primarch had things turned out differently.

>alt 40k has the Khan and the White Scars as a wild card that circles the outer reaches of the galaxy being mongols and hunting monsters for sport

>He very likely could have ended up as the only blackshield primarch had things turned out differently.
Oh how I wish that happened. WOuld be the best retcon if it did

It was more than that. He knew a little bit about the Warp, enough to know there were scary things behind the veil. And he found out from Magnus just how deep the traitors were getting into those things. Even mocked Mortarion for siding with the traitors because he was so anti-psyker, only to become surrounded by budding sorcerers.

If he hadn't known about Horus's corruption, then it would have only been about his oath and I agree, that wouldn't have been a great reason.

I totally agree that he hates Chaos and the idiots who fell for it, I just find that to be a separate issue from being loyal to the Imperium.

I do suppose though that the Khan figured he could fuck up his Chaos addled idiot brothers better if he stayed with the Emperor rather than just go full Mongol.

>literal traitor scum
>listening to anything the emperor says

So I've got currently assembled but unpainted:

>3 medusas (hand me downs I swear I didn't buy them to lose friends)
>1 vindicator
>1 damocles rhino
>1 deredeo

But I play two different legions (alphas and white scars) and I'm not actually sure which ones should go to which side.

List wise I'm okay already for both although WS's are a bit smaller overall so its more about the fluffiness/cool factor more than anything else.

Give the Damocles to the Scars, Deredeo to the Alphas and make the rest Iron Warriors.

>>alt 40k has the Khan and the White Scars as a wild card that circles the outer reaches of the galaxy being mongols and hunting monsters for sport
>mainstream 40k has the Raven Guard legion master successor and the Terran Raven Guard as a wild card that circles the outer reaches of the galaxy being douchebags and hunting children for neophytes

So Carcharodons?

Yes, but with an active Primarch and much bigger.

More bikes, less edge. White Scars are quite celebratory when they get to do their thing.

>much bigger.
No one knows the scope of the Sharks. The Ashen Claws are doing a second Great Crusade in the Ghoul Stars in modern 40k. The could be legion or larger by now.

The Carcharodons Astra are compliant, as their first task in the Imperium was to help in the Crusade of Blood(?) in M32, iirc.

If you use Dynat, give the Damocles to the AL army for extra reserves manipulation. If you deep strike jetbikes, maybe WS could use it.

I’d give the Vindicator to the Scars and the Deredeo and Medusas to the AL. Are they legion Medusas? If they’re the 40k model, model them as if human AL operatives are manning them.

>The Carcharodons Astra are loyalist
FTFY
Carcharodons play by their own rules set down by the Void Father and follow the Edicts of Exile and Predation.

They are loyalist but being 'compliant' is something different. Most recent example is when they abducted an imperial worlds population as a tithe. The left a lifeless world with no witnesses behind.

There's no way Terran RG would be bigger than the entire WS, especially with Jaghatai.

in 30k no, we're talking about alt 40k so its possible

Wat

Does that happen in Red Tithe?

Is there a pdf? Haven't read it but wasn't it a prison world? Don't think the Imperium really gives a fuck prisonners are being taken away yo be turned into loyalists SM.

Unless you were talking about the Mantis Warriors recruits after the Badab War, where they simply applied the Law of the Victor, i.e. I kicked your ass now gimme your shit you pleb.

Carcharodons seem too ghetto to be overly large in 40k. That new novel talks about how one company only has 86 suits and even less men to fill it after a battle.

That's what the "red" tithe is. Grey tithes are loot I think. I've only read the 1st free chapter and the free part of the little tie-in prequel where they mention the colored tithes.

Im taking about the prequel to Red Tithe, Reaping Time.

It was about a mining world that had a rebellion and destroyed an imperial tithe ship. The audience can infer that the Carcharodons intercepted the internal memo that the tithe ship idssapeared. The Sharks go to the planet to look for tithe info. The rebels thinkk its about the missing tithe ship but the Sharks want their own personal tithe. They kill all the rebels and the loyalist are like "DUDE WTF" and the sharks were like "Its Reaping Time" and abduct or kill EVERYONE and leave the planet lifeless.

Havent read the new book, but the Ashen Claws could be legion+. THeyve had 10k years of crusading.

>Is there a pdf?
I checked the megas, no luck

If a blackshield Jaghatai had 10k years to build up, it would be much larger than the sharks.
Fulgrim went from 200-300 to what, 100,000 marines? In 2 centuries.

>Havent read the new book, but the Ashen Claws could be legion+. THeyve had 10k years of crusading.

So have the Black Templars.

Never said the BT didnt. So they could be up there too. They probably are