>5etools
5egmegaanon.github.io/5etools/5etools.html

Previous Thread:
Weekly Art Edition

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#F!UsRUlLAR!-5YN6nV_QeOO97Gu6CE-sg
giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?511413-Why-the-aversion-to-impossiblity
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

What has your favorite 5e published adventure been thus far?

LINK FOR FA/TG/UYS ASKING ABOUT 4E BOOKS

mega.nz/#F!UsRUlLAR!-5YN6nV_QeOO97Gu6CE-sg

What are some good creatures to pair with a Spectator as a mini-boss style fight.

Environmental hazards include:

> Inside a cave with a waterfall at the entrance, but high above the water (60 ft drop to water)
> Sharp / Jagged Stalactites that Spectator will fire at to fall on players
> Spectator can reverse gravity on certain targets (slamming them into stalactites)
> Running water that will shoot people out of the cave if they fall in (DC14 Str to hold on / stand up)

Spectator looking to kill all intruders.

>Bag of [x] holding

>This bag can hold up to 500 pounds of [x], but weighs 15 pounds regardless of its contents.

Reposting from last thread, sorry.

Can anyone give me some basic tips and strategy for getting the most out of mundane, magicless archery in 5e?

I'm playing a melee and area of effect oriented eldritch knight, but the rest of my group decided they all wanted to play melee characters (we have six our of eight, seven if you include the That Guy's wildmage sorc who likes to stab things and dual wield). I'm really not getting anything out of it, and while its good to conserve spells as an EK, its getting to the point that I can't do much of anything before everyone else has to rest.

I don't have any cantrips or spells that help with ranged combat. I'll probably just hang back and shoot arrows until the other melee characters get too beaten to not rest, then make my way to the front and do what I was meant to do with saved spells, but in the meantime I need to know how to play this kind of character effectively. Not used to it at all.

giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?511413-Why-the-aversion-to-impossiblity
What's your stance on this, 5eg?

Any cool gods for a CG half-elf bard? I was thinking Tritherion but does anyone have any ones with more flavor?

Archery style, sharpshooter. Hunter's mark or hex would be a bonus I guess

I think your idea of waiting until everyone else needs to rest before blowing your spells sounds weird though

Lurue

>I'm playing a melee
So stick with melee? If the character is already made then just play what they were designed to do.

What class would this be? I'm thinking Monk or Mystic.

>Adherent to ancient way of living, set out in rote memorised tenets
>Tenets cover all behaviour, including how to move, walk, converse, and think.
>The way of living is intended to make you identical in mind and body to the creator of the tenets, whose name is lost to history.

I got tired of reading retards complain about skills, so I assumed that was more retards complaining about skills and avoided it.

Monk, Way of Autism

>What class would this be?
None is suggested by your description.

nailed it

Is it really so bad giving players lycanthropy

Worse. Its a bunch of idiots saying that everything in a game should be killable and doable and if you put it in game and it isnt youre a terrible GM

the monastery of "You Are Now Aware Of Breathing Manually"

>CG half-elf bard

>Weekly Art Edition

>big boss fight with an adult white dragon
>druid wild shapes into giant constrictor snake and grapples the dragon
>"Then I put my tongue up his ear and say 'How ya doing?' "
>wizard's player draws pic related mid-fight
Instant inspiration point.

mirrors

Anything can be done well. Not everything is equally easy to do well.

It's whatever class you want to play

>I hate my shit DM, he railroads so hard, he won't even let me use intimidation checks to stop the Earth's rotation! I even rolled a natural 20 on the check!

It's in their general forum, so it's likely not referring to 5e. It's probably 3.5 or Pathfinder, you know, the versions that statted out gods and ended up with stuff a level 12 wizard could kill on his own.
I absolutely would give my players a chance to kill a god, but not without a damn good plan. It's a god, in a straight up battle they'll be curbstomped. No save, no check, just dead. But if they have a plan to strip or weaken the powers of the god, or lure it into a trap (for instance an enemy god's demiplane), I'd give them a chance. Mind you it would still be the hardest thing they ever fought, and it still wouldn't be an outright battle.

War Grappler :
When a hostile creature's movement provokes an opportunity attack from you, you can use your reaction try to grapple the creature, rather than making an opporlunity altack.

Good or bad ?

More art

Is this a feat? A Fighting Style? A class ability?

What's a opporlunity altack?

/5eg/ is not an art dump. Curb your shit,or at least contribute meaningfully to ongoing discussion while you dump.

Your Anus getting a Surprise Visit

What do you do when a group dissolves?

We've got three people left but we can't manage to put two more together and don't have any remaining mutual friends.

More revisions, updates, and balance changes. Let me know what you guys think.

For those unawares, I've been working on porting over the Duskblade from 3.5 to 5e, the idea being to have it fill the role of a true gish class, specifically in a DPS role.

>mega.nz/#F!UsRUlLAR!-5YN6nV_QeOO97Gu6CE-sg
thanks!

>mutual friends
Invite non-mutual friends?
I literally met everyone in my group 4 months ago, except the one dude I've known for a decade, and we all get along great.

It's shit.

An attack of opportunity occurs when an enemy moves out of your range, and you can use your reaction to make a basic weapon attack against them

read nigga read

What's up with errybody and they're mama wanting Gishes?

Honestly, art, D&D art, is probably the most benign contentless-posting 5eg has seen in weeks.

Hmmm, that's actually not a bad idea.

Beware my mystical blade.

>opporLunity attacks
>LUNITY
>L
READ NIGGA READ

opporLunity aLtack

Yfw you realize the smaller dude is holding the alternative Volo's cover.

Goddamn you're autistic and a fucking knob.

Damn, I've been had.

Been trying, not working well anymore.
I built him to get surrounded and dish out area of effect damage with green flame blade, thunderwave, etc, but all the other fighters and babrarians and paladins and shit are making it extremely difficult to set that strategy up.

I guess I could run into the next room of a dungeon like a retard and force the situation, but that seems like a good way to get dead.

Is this a bad time to tell you I'm working on a homebrew Spellsage?

It's a fighter subclass.

All I'd want is The ability to add elemental damage to my blade, what else would you need?
No i don't care i'm just wondering why.

GFB still works. Switch Thunderwave on level up to maybe Absorb Elements and become tank.

Gishes are objectively the coolest character concept

But they're literally Githyanki! the bad kind of gith!

The only successful gish right now is a Paladin, which some people don't want to play.

It's just not very good. Having proficiency in Con saves AND advantage on concentration checks is just too powerful, especially considering multiclassing exists.

I got you.

Basically what I had in mind, though I was thinking of a condition that was equal parts OCD and feng shui.

Arcane Channeling Training neglects mentioning its level (as do a lot of the others now that I look), and is awkwardly, ambiguously and needlessly verbosely worded in general.

The cantrips for channeling part of Dual Caster is meaningless. Just say you can do it for 1d6 at every turn for free. The second part of Dual Casters is ignorant of the core rule of "only one non-cantrip spell per turn, ever, even if you're a sorcerer."

Enlightened Aid's first part is meaningless. You can't just say "all numbers of a spell" because that's an unknown.

Empowered Spell Strike talks about hitting, it should talk about damaging.

Alright that's it, I'm not going to read further now. I'm only commenting on glaring mistakes, not balance, but don't take that as condoning of the balance.

How you guys go about designing a setting based on Ancient Greece

So far I'm thinking to change the classes up to reflect Ancient Greek society
>fighters can be hoplites and warriors aboard triremes
>warlocks(now called oracles) have powers and other characteristics like personality based on there Greek god of choice
>wizards(now called philosophers) are basically people like Socrates,Plato,Aristotle and Diogenes as wizards with spells and personalities based off of there philosophical beliefs
>bards pretty much stay the same but can become actors in Ancient Greek theatre and even become playwrights
>druids are worshippers of Demeter
,Actaeon,gaea and can summon,commicate or work for dryads And nymphs
>barbarians are members of the hill tribes that lived in the mountainous inland of Greece
>not sure how to implement sorcerers,monks,rogues and rangers
And paladins

> It's just not very good. Having proficiency in Con saves AND advantage on concentration checks is just too powerful, especially considering multiclassing exists.

You mean for the fighting style of Sturdy Caster? That was mainly because I couldn't think of anything else, and I was looking at War Caster feat for ideas/inspiration, and this felt like the only thing that worked for the class.

>hurrdurr we're such good monks we build lawful monasteries in the middle of fucking LIMBO to prove how lawful we are
>somehow the good kind of gith
Do you even dragon-riding space pirate?

>DM photocopies all of our character sheets at the start of the final session
>we beat up the BBEG as he's doing some kind of dimensional fuckery
>oh no he was a load-bearing BBEG and the ritual is going unstable
>kaboom
>DM takes our character sheets
>passes out the photocopied versions, but everyone gets a different player's character
>reality seems unstable, everyone is super disoriented, the whole tower is warping and stretching everywhere
>suddenly five fuckers pop out of the rift
>they're duplicates of our characters, played by the DM
>massive no-holds-barred pseudo-PvP thing
>we barely win after throwing literally everything at them
>hooray, fuck those interdimensional interlopers
>DM tells us to read the sheets we have very carefully
>they seem identical
>tells us to read the Appearance section
>"Has a mustache." on all of them

Would something with a stupid amount of power, potentially more than a god (The only things I can think of for that being something like a GOO or some kind of natural magic storm), be able to overpower a standard spellcasted anti-magic field?

When you get level 2 spells, look at blur and/or haste, they both offer decent defense upgrades, and haste gives you extra attacks.

At level one, your options are kinda limited, but you could get false life for survivability.

>"Has a mustache." on all of them
That is both hilarious and incredibly stupid at the same time. I like it.

Dude I was making a joke, way to take it a bit too seriously.

What about getting up from prone?

S-sorry

Most of the wording for Arcane Channeling is just to try and answer any potential questions that might pop up during a game, but other portions could be cut down/condensed due to wordiness. And I didn't think I needed to mention the level you learn Arcane Channeling Training because it's literally level 1. If I need to then fine, just seemed pointless when the class table told you when you get it.

Dual Caster is meant to be a capstone ability that ignores the core rule because of the unique nature of the class. But I was struggling to come up with a proper capstone ability and have yet to come up with one that seemed better than this, even if capstone abilities are mostly pipe dreams.

Not entirely sure what you are talking about for Enlightened Aid' first part. It's just meant to let you add your INT mod. whenever casting a Cure Wounds or similar ilk.

Empowered Spell Strike's just a wording error, easily fixed.

Paladin is an awesome gish, and the easiest way to make people happy about playing it is to call it something else. Like in Dark Sun, how you're a templar for the sorcerer-king, and are invested with a small amount of his immense might.

Ancient Greece is a great setting idea. Rangers are incredibly easy to implement, as living innawoods wasn't incredibly weird back then. Rogues are highly-trained soldiers, or self-taught sellswords and spies. Sorcerers are guys that are descended from demigods. Monks and Paladins I'm still drawing a blank on.

If getting up from prone somehow moved you out of range of the enemy, then yes. RAW though, it's only when an enemy moves out of your range.

Pshh, no problem

Pathfinder are doing a collab with Kingdom Death, and once again 5e has nothing to show.

How well does 3.5 content translate into 5e? Is it as smooth as pathfinder / 3.5, or does it require a bit more work?

who

Please let the mystic be released in Feb.

>buying from a company that makes timed exclusives.

Redundant. I'm pretty sure you can do that already.

So i just printed out Core 1-1 A Scream In the Night (1-4) pdf, it seems like a neat adventure, some puzzles, combat, mystery, but it calls upon maps that are not in the download with the other handouts, where the hell are the maps?

>Paizo collaborating with "unreleased fetish product, the company"
Not surprising.

I think it would be best as an addition to the grappler feat

It's an opportunity attack but with two letters changed.

I'm not saying Paladin's a bad gish, but some people want to do elemental damage instead of radiant damage with their not!Smite abilities.

That was part of the reason behind a Duskblade back in 3.5 days: you get access to mostly damage spells and can channel their effects into your weapon, so you can nova someone hardcore. Also, this was during a time when you had a limited number of cantrips for the day, so most Duskblades would end up buffing themselves ahead of time with a few specific spells (Haste, Blur, etc.), channel a cantrip like Shocking Grasp into the weapon, and charge in, firing off Scorching Rays and what-not while moving towards their target to hit them with weapon die + Shocking Grasp damage, and then repeat the cantrip channel + melee damage until the foe was dead.

And here's some art to go along with the overarching OP topic of wanting more art in these threads.

3.5 and Pathfinder are basically the same thing.

Pathfinder and 3.5 translate between each other pretty well, based on the fact that Pathfinder's built on the same overarching game engine.

3.5 and Pathfinder stuff can be translated to 5e with varying degrees of success, it's mainly trying to figure out how to best balance stuff from 3.5 to 5e's power level.

By in large, 5e is less powerful than 3.5 stuff, so a fair bit of 3.5 stuff has to be toned down and/or modified to work within 5e's rules.

Where did you get that idea ?
"make one melee attack" is different from take Attack action.

Hey Veeky Forums, anyone willing to help with my campaigns bbeg?

I'm attempting to make a sympathetic character. The character in question should be noticeably evil, but someone who still feels relatable.

This is what I have so far.

This character (no name for now) was once part of noble house Strauss. Their family led one of the five most powerful cities within the country. His family became the target of a political game. Essentially two sides of the kingdom (different ruling families whose history goes back to the inception of the country) played a game of intrigue with who ruled the city.

The Karkoff, the rulers of the kingdom supported the Strauss, due to blood ties. The Rasvol wanted to put their own people in charge of the city. Regardless, the Rasvol ended up winning, and the majority of Strauss ended up killing each other due to infighting caused by the Rasvol. All except one who had left the city sometime ago. You see our character here had no interest in politics. He was inspired by art, poetry, and music, and yearned to be a bard. Not wanting loose ends, the Rasvol and their new figure heads who would take over the city turned to dark magic to ensure the last living heir of the Strauss family would die.

Instead because the dark powers that be are essentially childish dicks, they cursed him for a good laugh and turned him into something else (undead?). He has been living in the ruins of his summer home for the last century, acting as a bit of a local legend for the town who have no fucking clue who the Strauss are, or who the summer home belongs to in the first place. My players are in this town.

So, what else should I do with this guy? Why did it take 100 years for him to get his shit together? What did he turn into (that isn't a vampire)? I'm scared he might end up being too Strahd.

Everybody hates barbarians (Greek had a really bad relationship with them)

Wizards could be followers of one or another philosophers, being their disciples and/or studying with them (pretty common too)

Bards (artists) are HATED by some philosophers, if I remember correctly, Plato (his argument was that artist tried to copy material things, an already copy of the 'Intelligible world')

Sorcerers as god's descendants is pretty solid

I'm not exactly sympathetic to this character, but you could go with a revenant.

a revenant warped by the dark powers

OP shit. Go back to 3.5

This is diabolical.

Anti-magic field only stops spells, teleportation, and things that are called magical. Let that be your guide.

This is gloriously stupid. Your GM should be proud.

>Rogues are highly-trained soldiers, or self-taught sellswords and spies

Maybe it fits better rougues being beggars or spies, as fighters being striclty fighters.

>Sorcerers are guys that are descended from demigods. Monks and Paladins I'm still drawing a blank on.
Monks and Paladins are descended from different ones. Paladins especially.

I thought it cancelled ALL magic, implying you could use it to pass through a magic field hazard or to make even a stupidly huge blast of raw magic fizzle on it, forming something like a bubble of safety in a magic storm?

Whats the CR?

Also, whe whole backstory if none of the adventure is set in these cities?

Fair enough. I never described his character traits and only loosely described his motives/creation.

What would make him sympathetic?

Haven't decided honestly. Something appropriate for the capstone to a game. Players are level 2, and I usually don't bring games past level 10-12.

They are a hop, skip, and jump away from both cities. I wanted him to feel like he had a story and wasn't just some evil entity living in the manor by the lake. So, I made up a story, and the party can easily follow it to either city if they learn about his history.

Does he know who killed him and his family? That could take a while to discover.