/hwg/ - Historical Wargames General

Storming The Breach Edition

Previous thread: Get in here, post games, miniatures, questions, whatever you like.

List of mini providers:
docs.google.com/document/d/1uGaaOSvSTqpwPGAvLPY3B5M2WYppDhzXdjwMpqRxo9M/edit

List of Historical Tactical, Strategic, and Military Drill treatises:
pastebin.com/BfMeGd6R

ZunTsu Gameboxes:
mediafire.com/folder/yaokao3h1o4og/ZunTsu_GameBoxes

/hwg/ Steam Group:
steamcommunity.com/groups/tghwg/

Games, Ospreys & References folders:
mediafire.com/folder/lu95l5mgg06d5/Ancient
mediafire.com/folder/81ck8x600cas4/Medieval
mediafire.com/folder/w6m41ma3co51e/Horse_and_Musket
mediafire.com/folder/vh1uqv8gipzo1/Napoleonic
mediafire.com/folder/bbpscr0dam7iy/ACW
mediafire.com/folder/bvdtt01gh105d/Victorian
mediafire.com/folder/b35x147vmc6sg/World_War_One
mediafire.com/folder/z8a13ampzzs88/World_War_Two
mediafire.com/folder/z8i8t83bysdwz/Vietnam_War
mediafire.com/folder/7n3mcn9hlgl1t/Modern

mediafire.com/folder/6jrcg496e7vnb/Avalon Hill
mediafire.com/folder/pq6ckzqo3g6e6/Field_Of_Glory
mediafire.com/folder/r2mff8tnl8bjy/GDW
mediafire.com/folder/whmbo8ii2evqh//SPI
mediafire.com/folder/ws6yi58d2oacc/Strategy_&_Tactics_Magazine
mediafire.com/folder/lx05hfgbic6b8/Naval_Wargaming
mediafire.com/folder/s1am77aldi1as/Wargames
mega.nz/#F!ZAoVjbQB!iGfDqfBDpgr0GC-NHg7KFQ

Other urls found in this thread:

mediafire.com/folder/d9x0dbxrpjg48/Advanced_Squad_Leader
mediafire.com/folder/cb83cg7ays4l1/Battleground_WWII
mega.nz/#F!SolyxarJ!GUg6zWBStfznr6BvYedghQ
mediafire.com/download/o5x6blwoczojmfr/Black Powder.pdf
mediafire.com/folder/n7jmdnlv1n0ju/Bolt_Action
mega.co.nz/#!jxgCWTYD!FCp52DAqIUc-EM-TsRsWv7fB92nJ3kkzKsNcD_urI5Q
mega.nz/#F!i1N3xZxL!C6fQ3Z8o2U0gtk5kdXuVcQ
mega.nz/#F!XsVD0KgT!twB1NWiFE3aKXK_O1EZ4pA
mediafire.com/folder/28i9gevqws518/Impetus
mediafire.com/folder/7b5027l7oaz05/Modelling_&_Painting_Guides
mediafire.com/folder/eupungrg93xgb/Next_War
mega.co.nz/#F!b5tgXRwa!mzelRNrKPjiT8gP7VrS-Jw
mediafire.com/folder/alj31go19tmpm/SAGA
mega.co.nz/#F!C9sQhbwb!NVnD4jvUn5inOrPJIAkBhA
mediafire.com/download/cghxf3475qy46aq/Wargaming Compendium.pdf
mediafire.com/download/uttov32riixm9b0/Warhammer Ancient Battles 2E.pdf
mediafire.com/download/ta7aj1erh7sap1t/Warhammer Ancient Battles - Armies of Antiquity v2.pdf
mega.nz/#F!LxkElYYY!FJB5miNmlWZKMj2VfSYdxg
mediafire.com/download/cifld8bl3uy2i5g/Warmaster Ancients.pdf
mediafire.com/download/3emyvka11bnna1b/Warmaster Ancient Armies.pdf
mediafire.com/file/yz48dg5v3r4fyse/Napoleon's Campaigns In Miniature.pdf
mediafire.com/file/otmi66s66fjouo7/Osprey - CAM 065 - Badajoz 1812.pdf
mediafire.com/file/lv2rfb5el2ylk88/Osprey - FOR 012 - Fortresses of the Peninsular War 1808-14.pdf
kallistra.co.uk/?page=113
shapeways.com/product/N6VPSQBLC/1-3000-ijn-aircraft-set?optionId=60301948
mega.nz/#!vwMngZbR!91OrqgI5u2imvHC6h-8IgHkHyHmXZ997crB9O6tXhqw
rpgnow.com/product/16659/Vulture-Gulch-old-west-cardstock-buildings-set?it=1&
naval-war.com/
mediafire.com/folder/8fsiyo1o1eqm6/CY6_Jet_Age
mediafire.com/file/z8e54dge799961n/NATO Division Commander.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Advanced Squad Leader
mediafire.com/folder/d9x0dbxrpjg48/Advanced_Squad_Leader
>Battleground WWII
mediafire.com/folder/cb83cg7ays4l1/Battleground_WWII
>Battlegroup
mega.nz/#F!SolyxarJ!GUg6zWBStfznr6BvYedghQ
>Black Powder
mediafire.com/download/o5x6blwoczojmfr/Black Powder.pdf
>Bolt Action
mediafire.com/folder/n7jmdnlv1n0ju/Bolt_Action
>By Fire And Sword
mega.co.nz/#!jxgCWTYD!FCp52DAqIUc-EM-TsRsWv7fB92nJ3kkzKsNcD_urI5Q
>Fleet Series
mega.nz/#F!i1N3xZxL!C6fQ3Z8o2U0gtk5kdXuVcQ
>Hail Caesar
mega.nz/#F!XsVD0KgT!twB1NWiFE3aKXK_O1EZ4pA
>Impetus
mediafire.com/folder/28i9gevqws518/Impetus
>Modelling & painting guides
mediafire.com/folder/7b5027l7oaz05/Modelling_&_Painting_Guides
>Next War (GMT)
mediafire.com/folder/eupungrg93xgb/Next_War
>Phoenix Command RPG
mega.co.nz/#F!b5tgXRwa!mzelRNrKPjiT8gP7VrS-Jw
>Saga
mediafire.com/folder/alj31go19tmpm/SAGA
>Twilight 2000/2013 RPG
mega.co.nz/#F!C9sQhbwb!NVnD4jvUn5inOrPJIAkBhA
>Wargaming Compendium
mediafire.com/download/cghxf3475qy46aq/Wargaming Compendium.pdf
>Warhammer Ancient battles 2.0
mediafire.com/download/uttov32riixm9b0/Warhammer Ancient Battles 2E.pdf
mediafire.com/download/ta7aj1erh7sap1t/Warhammer Ancient Battles - Armies of Antiquity v2.pdf
>Warhammer Historical
mega.nz/#F!LxkElYYY!FJB5miNmlWZKMj2VfSYdxg
>Warmaster Ancients
mediafire.com/download/cifld8bl3uy2i5g/Warmaster Ancients.pdf
mediafire.com/download/3emyvka11bnna1b/Warmaster Ancient Armies.pdf

Desired scans :
Rank and File supplements
Harpoon 3 & 4 supplements
Force on Force supplements
Hind Commander
At Close Quarters
War and Conquest

19th January in military history:

649 – Conquest of Kucha: The forces of Kucha surrender after a forty-day siege led by Tang dynasty general Ashina She'er, establishing Tang control over the northern Tarim Basin in Xinjiang.
1419 – Hundred Years' War: Rouen surrenders to Henry V of England, completing his reconquest of Normandy.
1520 – Sten Sture the Younger, the Regent of Sweden, is mortally wounded at the Battle of Bogesund.
1806 – Britain occupies the Dutch Cape Colony after the Battle of Blaauwberg.
1812 – Peninsular War: After a ten-day siege, Arthur Wellesley, 1st Duke of Wellington, orders British soldiers to storm Ciudad Rodrigo.
1817 – An army led by General José de San Martín crosses the Andes from Argentina to liberate Chile and then Peru.
1839 – The British East India Company captures Aden.
1862 – American Civil War: Battle of Mill Springs: The Confederacy suffers its first significant defeat in the conflict.
1871 – Franco-Prussian War: In the Siege of Paris, Prussia wins the Battle of St. Quentin. Meanwhile, the French attempt to break the siege in the Battle of Buzenval will end unsuccessfully the following day.
1915 – World War I: German zeppelins bomb the towns of Great Yarmouth and King's Lynn in the United Kingdom killing at least 20 people, in the first major aerial bombardment of a civilian target.
1917 – Seventy-three people are killed and 400 injured in an explosion in a munitions plant in London.
1941 – World War II: The Greek Triton (Y-5) sinks the Italian submarine Neghelli in Otranto.
1942 – World War II: The Japanese conquest of Burma begins.
1960 – Japan and the United States sign the US–Japan Mutual Security Treaty
1991 – Gulf War: Iraq fires a second Scud missile into Israel, causing 15 injuries.

It is 204 years since the end of the Siege of Ciudad Rodrigo, where Wellington's Anglo-Portuguese Army had besieged the city's French garrison. After two breaches were blasted in the walls by British heavy artillery, the fortress was successfully stormed on the evening of 19 January 1812. After breaking into the city, British troops went on a rampage for several hours before order was restored. Strategically, the fall of the fortress opened the northern gateway into French-dominated Spain from British-held Portugal. An earlier siege of Ciudad Rodrigo occurred in 1810 when the French captured the city from Spanish forces.

As part of his strategy in Spain, Napoleon had ordered Marshal Auguste Marmont to send 10,000 troops to help Marshal Louis Suchet's forces capture Valencia and 4,000 more to reinforce the central reserve. When Wellington received news that Marmont's Army of Portugal sent forces eastward, he moved in bad snowstorm conditions on Ciudad Rodrigo and arrived in the area on 6 January.

Ciudad Rodrigo was a second class fortress with a 32-foot (9.8 m) high main wall built of "bad masonry, without flanks, and with weak parapets and narrow ramparts." The city being dominated by the 600-foot (180 m) high Grand Teson hill to the north, the French built a redoubt there. The 2,000-man garrison was far too weak to properly man the defences. The French garrison included single battalions of the 34th Light and 113th Line Infantry Regiments, a platoon of sappers and only 167 artillerists to man 153 cannons.

The fortress was invested, and on the night of 8 January, the Light Division stormed and took the Grand Teson redoubt by surprise, and began digging trenches to and positions for the breaching batteries. Digging in the rocky soil at night caused a peculiar hazard. When a pickaxe struck a stone, the resulting spark drew accurate French fire. By 12 January the trenches to battery positions were complete and the batteries were being installed.

Wellington received a message concerning Marshal Marmont's movements and decided the siege must be undertaken rapidly. The Santa Cruz Convent, to the right, was stormed on 13 January by the KGL and one company of the 60th Rifles. The defenders made a vigorous sortie at 11am on 14 January with 500 men, as the troops were being relieved, this sortie was repulsed, and that night an escalade was mounted against the San Francisco Convent, on the left, by men from the 40th (2nd Somersetshire) Regiment which was successful, all French troops falling back inside the town walls. The batteries, which opened fire at 4pm on 14 January, included thirty-four 24-lb and four 18-lb siege cannon. Work began on the second parallel, to provide closer batteries and a safe covered route for assaulting troops. In five days, the guns fired over 9,500 rounds and opened two effective breaches; one called the 'great breach' in a wall and a smaller one in an exposed tower. Wellington ordered an assault for the night of 19 January.

Major-General Thomas Picton's 3rd Division was ordered to storm the greater breach on the northwest while Robert Craufurd's Light Division was sent against the lesser breach on the north. Diversionary attacks by Denis Pack's Portuguese brigade would probe the defences at the San Pelayo Gate on the east and across the Agueda River on the south. All told, Wellington planned to use 10,700 men in his assault.

Launched at 7pm, the assault met determined resistance in the great breach. The men assaulting the small breach had less problems and managed to get through the wall and behind the defenders of the great breach, making further resistance hopeless, the assault was completely successful. There had been two cannons embedded in the wall of the greater breach that caused most casualties in the storming. The 88th (Connaught Rangers) Regiment took one of the guns while the 45th (Nottinghamshire) Regiment took the other.

Allied losses in the assault were 195 killed and 916 wounded, although amongst the dead was Major-General "Black Bob" Craufurd; the Light Division would never be quite the same. The victory was somewhat marred when the British rank and file thoroughly sacked the city, despite the efforts of their officers and the fact the civilians were Spanish and therefore allies of the British.

The French garrison lost 529 killed and wounded, while the rest were captured. The French Army of Portugal lost its entire siege train among the 153 captured cannon. The rapid loss of Ciudad Rodrigo badly upset the calculations of Marmont who believed the town would hold for three weeks, which would give him enough time to concentrate a relief force at Salamanca. It fell in less than two Marmont decided not to try to recapture it as he needed the troops to defend other towns. Wellington received an earldom and a generous pension from the British. The Spanish made him Duque de Ciudad Rodrigo. The capture of Ciudad Rodrigo opened up the possibility of a northern invasion corridor from Portugal into Spain. It also allowed Wellington to proceed to Badajoz, whose taking would be a much more bloody affair.

Napoleonic sieges are a perfect subject for wargaming, but has usually been a neglected part of the period. You have all the strategy and planning that goes into the buildup; the skirmishing and forays of the siege; then the chaos and fury of the assault, which was some of the most brutal fighting the era ever saw. As every Sharpe fan knows, there were a big part of the Peninsular War. Quarrie goes into the subject of bringing it to the tabletop in a little detail.

mediafire.com/file/yz48dg5v3r4fyse/Napoleon's Campaigns In Miniature.pdf
mediafire.com/file/otmi66s66fjouo7/Osprey - CAM 065 - Badajoz 1812.pdf
mediafire.com/file/lv2rfb5el2ylk88/Osprey - FOR 012 - Fortresses of the Peninsular War 1808-14.pdf

The community project this month, is a mini or unit based on something from military fiction.

Sharpe was there aswell!

Has anyone read any good books on the Soviet-Afghan War that they would recommend? I've had my eye on GHQ's mujahadeen and Soviet Motor-Rifle companies for a while, but I want to do some homework first

>Don't know if this has been mentioned before, but I've found a great resource for Ming Chinese wargaming.
Now if only this can be replicated in 28mm to represent the Imjin War.

Depends what you want.

"The Bear Went Over the Mountain" is pretty good for a battle by battle account, though detail and analysis is a bit lacking.

Check the last thread, there was a good list at the end that had three solid recommendations.

The Bear Went Over the Mountain is been recommended a lot but importantly it's companion piece The Other Side of the Mountain also needs recommending.

You'll not get better gaming reference material in English because the latter is based on accounts collected directly from the Mujahideen and the former is based on the Soviet tactical studies of encounters that were made to analyse and attempt to improve performance so is full of account of battles from the Soviet side.

You'll not get vast amounts of detail from the reports because the information on exact composition of units and equipment for either side just doesn't exist due ot the very chaotic supply states involved. And the distances involved in a lot of the fights make them ungamable unless you're running in 6mm and even then with some serious ground scale compression. And how completely mismatched the sides are in conventional terms requires special accounting for.
But you'll gain good knowledge on how stuff went down.

Incidentally there's also a book in the same style about the Chechen wars. Which is interesting for read in the different tactics used. A lot more conventional warfare there despite the irregular force involved due to the need to defend specific terrain/locations. Also the terrain considerations are a hell of a lot different to Afghanistan's.

10mm and 15mm are pretty good, 1/72 is surprisingly good too - all have pretty good ranges and are around the same price. 10mm may be a little cheaper.

Kallistra also do 12mm which is an interesting middle ground. They have a free rule set available on their website. Its quite unusual in that its hex based, but looks like it would handle massive battles very well - say you want to re fight the entire battle of the Marne of something... The large hexes also mean you can do fun things with artillery like box barrages and creeping barrages very easily.

kallistra.co.uk/?page=113

As for rules, there's a bunch in the OP folder. Over the top is a classic, although quite in-depth. Aimed at company to battalion level. Through the Mud and Blood is more skirmish level, Westfront is a good balance of simplicity and history, and aimed at company to battalion level.

Currently painting a couple of pic related in 1/72 for Westfront. Finished my A7V and built some Renault FTs, as well as some Russian field guns from Tumbling dice (which were very nice - they do a bunch of 20mm metal stuff pretty cheap)

Should end up with some decent sized German, Allied and Russian armies.

Looking for pdf of book;
Scenarios for Wargames
by Charles Grant (1981).

This old book is not easy to find anymore, and at crazy prices when one is available!

Thanks for the tips. I'll probably lean more towards the Over the Top scale of things.

Chain of Command I've heard good things about too. Try the TMP message boards and have a look through some of the early 20th century discussion posts.

Nice rooskies there

>Try the TMP message boards
Woah woah woah, lets not tell anyone with enthusiasm to go to that shithole of bitter old men who do nothing but argue and denigrate everyone who isn't their exact brand of bitter old man.

Sounds like you've been in the wrong areas. The early 20th century discussion area is alright, also the WW2 rules boards. I dont really go anywhere outside those two.

At least on those 2 boards they do often have good recommendations on game systems and many of them know their shit with regards to history, and are game designers themselves.

>the wrong areas
>implying there are any right areas on TMP
>or at least anywhere free of Armand posting

He only really posts in the galleries from what I've seen. Pretty harmless pictures of miniatures.

First time doing Hinterhaltern camo or camo on vehicles

How did I do?

Muh Canadians. Sorry for shit tier lighting.

I have a copy of this, somewhere, but no reasonable way to scan it. Or find it. But it's a bloody good book and well worth £20 or so.

I hope someone else has a copy and will do the PDF needful for you and us all, friend.

He posts everywhere. (smile)

Amicalement
Armand

The fleets grow.

I've gotten a few ships done, just need to print labels.

Chiyoda, Nachi Oyodo, a Kagero, 2 Akitzukis, San Juan, Belleau Wood, Boston, 2 Gleaves, and a Fletcher.

Next up is New Mexico, Franklin, Zuikaku, Ise, and a grab bag of destroyers.

They look fine from what I can tell.
Not a good image though and could really do with some resizing.

He certainly was, although as it happens Ciudad Rodrigo takes place "offstage" in both book and movie, probably because Badajoz comes straight afterwards and was much nastier.

Anything Charles Grant would be gold these days. As a kid I remember seeing a whole bunch of those titles down at my local library and read them eagerly, but over the years they seemed to quietly disappear, snaffled into private collections.

Another Naval War battle report up on the Marqod blogspot.

This time it's a cruiser/destroyer battle in the Pacific, played using some 1/3000 scale minis instead of the usual 1/1800.

Looking good user, did you do something to clean up the aft deck markings on Chiyoda? They look quite nice in this picture.

Nice! I'll have to give it read later this morning when I get a chance.

Needs more little dots and a better pic

Looks shiny, could probably use some dullcote.

i assume its in the OP

Woah look at that poor terrain placement it's all in one corner, Charles is just setting up the terrain up to screw his son up.

>Terrain placed in one corner

Towns tend to do that

Thanks but no, I didn't change Chiyoda, I think the last picture was just extremely close up for a 1\3000 scale ship.

Are the various Bolt Action errata still valid unless the 2nd Ed rulebook contradicts them?

I just read The War Game Companion, by Charles S Grant, who's the son here. It's kind of adorable - he includes the battle report of his First Ever Wargame! With Dad! and then follows it up with a refight of the same scenario (Sawmill Village) with his own son, 40 years later, also named Charles. Pretty interesting book. Also, it's in-print. The same publisher has a reprint of The War Game in addition to a cleaned-up set of rules as The War Game Rules.

I think John Curry said he was working on getting the rights and sorting out a reprint of some of Grant 1's books as part of his History of Wargaming project.

CS Grant is good too, and has a ton of books out.

Posting a thing nicked from the solowargame yahoo group, because it's an interesting hundred or so pages once you get past the slow introduction I'm sure you don't need to read. Lots of neat content in here.

Related - the "playsheet" version of The War Game Henry Hyde did up for The War Game Companion. Note there are a few changes in later publications and other sources - apparently Grant now uses 4 officers in light infantry and all cavalry units, to let them split into quarters - cavalry units still move together, just in a two-by-two formation with some spacing between each 6+1. Grenadiers also fire in 6s just like Line, and he has optional Converged Grenadier regiments with 32 rankers and... 4? officers.

I don't know if you'll be able to figure out how artillery works from this version, especially since they apparently changed the way they handled it just after the *original* War Game was published and this is based on the later version, but fuck it, I use the artillery rules from Charge! instead. The two games have a lot of similarities, as you'd expect from authors who played each other regularly.

ADATS

>go to local club to play my a guys homemade rules which need more testing
>played them before and they were a blast
>he's turned it into a tedious roll a million dice and check a bunch of charts for every single fucking thing
>didn't tell me one of the big changes (retreating units now put 2 disruptions on units they interpenetrate whilst retreating) until it occurs, despite seeing me deploy in a double line and march up as such.

Awful night's gaming.

Well......punching them was pretty easy....now to clip and sort.....

Anybody got Check Your 6!?

All Chiyoda needs now is a label.

And yes 1/3000th scale planes are awful.

>And yes 1/3000th scale planes are awful.

You mis-spelled cute there user.

So it turns out even at 1/3000 a Val can't stand in for an Avenger very well, anyone in the states ever order from NavWar? Also anyone know if their planes are any good?

I'd order from the same source as my Japs but the only american planes he sells are in a pack that's 75% French and I don't want no French planes.

shapeways.com/product/N6VPSQBLC/1-3000-ijn-aircraft-set?optionId=60301948

He does early and late war US planes in 1/1800. If you ask nicely he might do a set in 1/3000 like the IJN ones I linked.

>That was the guy I was talking about, he does make US planes in 1/3000 but the problem is it's all of the allies and given I have 10 carriers I'd need quite a few packs. guess it never hurt to ask though.

I'm 1/1800, wasn't particularly familiar with his smaller offerings. I do know he has done bundles and other things on request though, so I expect he probably will.

Part of the problem is the only aircraft of the pack I actually want is the Wildcat, and even then just as a stand in for the Hellcat.

And I really don't want to pay for custom designs.

Maybe email the seller and see if he'll split up a pack for you?

Yeah, for all of my bitching I did send him an email, hoping for the best.

>51280118

Paper soldiers can look pretty good if you put some time in.

Spam filter doesn't like the direct link but add a period between each part of: papersoldiersjournal blogspot it

I think the filter still lets through blogspot addresses if you set it to .co.nz so there's a fun tip to remember.
Also highlight text and ctrl-s for easy spoiler tags for another fun tip.

>Leo 1s

W H A T G A M E?

Dunno, could be a whole bunch. Models themselves look like 20mm, resin stuff rather than 1:72 or 1:76 model kits.

I put it on Mega because it keeps being snapped on MF.

mega.nz/#!vwMngZbR!91OrqgI5u2imvHC6h-8IgHkHyHmXZ997crB9O6tXhqw

Filename tells us it's the 2014 South West Model Engineering Exhibition; looking that up we find it was called The Battle of Gyros Teller, used a modern conversion of Battlegroup Kursk, and was actually fought in several parts over a number of different events.

Merkava

>emailing NavWar

Better send a runner or a pigeon.

True, but for the effort I put into them...I could put that effort into actual figures. A 10mm army doesn't cost that much.

That guy's nuts. Seriously, isn't he the one doing 1:1 figure ratio stuff? So many soldiers.

rpgnow.com/product/16659/Vulture-Gulch-old-west-cardstock-buildings-set?it=1&

Rodric Braithwaite's "Afghantsy" is another good one on the war as a whole

for years the military had actually gotten away from using gaming to assist their training of up and coming officers. Used to be a common thing back up until the early 80s.

fortunately they are starting to get back into the practice....

Someone mentioned a "Naval War" in the V@S thread that just died and I can't find it in the folders?

Feel free to download it at:
naval-war.com/

Wow. How the fuck did that not come up when I googled it?

The usual suspects:
Navwar on Steam + reviews + videos, Naval War College ads ... I almost expected porn to pop up, as well ...

Took this pic for another discussion, felt I might as well post it here as well.

A sample of my 1/1800 Royal Navy collection: I also have HMS Hood, HMS Achilles and a half-dozen destroyers.

Quite a large bump

Bumping on forward to the frontpage

had an 4K game of bolt action wasn't as bad as i thought but could have strangled one of the players for being autistically slow.

>>Try Veeky Forums
>Woah woah woah, lets not tell anyone with enthusiasm to go to that shithole of bitter young men who do nothing but argue and denigrate everyone who isn't their exact brand of bitter young man.

>not being a professional wargamer
ISHYGDDT
You can be paid by the military to design, run, and analyse wargames.

Try a defense think tank instead
>tfw you spend two months to simulate the causes and effects of a low intensity conflict between developing nations

bringing order from the chaos....

Got a 1000 point game of Bolt Action coming up.

My opponent is Last Levy Germany.

I chose Norway.

How fucked am I?

Depends how much of a min-maxing cunt your opponent is.

Very.

I agreed to it just to see how long I can hold out, my overall strategy is to spam inexperienced infantry to get a command dice advantage, with some royal guards and artillery spotters for any armor

But yeah, I'm probably gonna die.

Gotta question why you're playing them when you're unavoidably going to have a bad game.

Surely there's someone running a thematic list around you could play instead? Or a different game entirely?

Is that your Force Z stuff? Looks good! Did you end up converting York, or get your hands on an Exeter?

Are there any solo table top war games?

Ww2, miniatures preferable.

Two Hours Wargames has a lot of rulesets suitable for solo miniature gaming.

Nuts! covers the WW2, and is in the OP's WW2 folder.

Silent Victory and The Hunters/The Hunted are solitaire sub captain games (US and Germany early/late war respectively), and there's Silent War for US sub command (vs Japan) solitaire.

Also B-17 - Queen of the Skies, which is basically "hope you roll well enough to not get shot down/crash land" but basically has no player input.

Fighting against long odds with an underdog force I understand but fielding some 1940 troops versus 'lol I brought a sturmtiger, get fucked fgt" just doesn't seem fun

This reminds me I should write more solo stuff.

Solo Ostfront supplement could be cool. One thing solo is good for is hidden movement and surprise.
Main challenge of solo is to get enemy units to behave in a realistic and interesting way, without being too predictable and having large situation/reaction charts. Bound to be a way to simply and effectively simulate an enemy force.

If I could make the campaign map and enemy army list composition solo as well, shit would get real.

You got Jet Age too?

I think it's a good challenge on my part.
Since it's only 1000 points, my opponent's the one that's gonna have to make some hard choices. He'll probably take some big tanks and only a few squads of high tech infantry.
The board is hilly with a large road and village right in the middle, so my mastah plan is to use the hills as cover to quickly advance into the town, then withdraw and bait him forward. Once he comes close enough my reserves will outflank and hopefully be in range to quickly take out some dudes or vehicles.

mediafire.com/folder/8fsiyo1o1eqm6/CY6_Jet_Age

Anyone know how to paint the oars on these damn tiny boats while letting the ocean show between them? Do I just need a smaller brush?

You could take some blue ink and do a wash, or you could try drybrushing, or a combo of both.

>not taking Volksturm

Why even play Berlin if you miss the whole theme?

Any suggestions for cold war era division level games? There's NATO Division Commander, but it's out of production.

Last Levy is not limited on Berlin user.

We do have a PDF

mediafire.com/file/z8e54dge799961n/NATO Division Commander.pdf

Technically it's battalion-level, because while it adds up to a division your forces are no larger than that. Divisional-level would be something like GDW's Third World War (see the folder in the OP).

Some of the WW3-themed S&T games operate at divisional-level, although I'd have to look through them again to remember which ones!

>not playing historical matchups

I refuse to comment.