Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

How do you like DSP's newly updated Bloodforge (original)? Will you finally play a wulfkin or blinkling now?

Unified /pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/hAfKSnWW

Avowed Playtest 1:
drive.google.com/open?id=0B5HkyGRtGZy3SWVhdWFBWERWWjg
Avowed Playtest 2: docs.google.com/document/d/1rV7kaF9JL2gw9xQalkEnlEDL9WXtbsaCqNABm_pLIgc/edit?usp=sharing
Malefex Playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1W3LrE8WyIxxYRr8d9dHsWioeUk_-HZaSMqVWRnzc9Fc/edit?usp=sharing
Legendary Kineticists II Playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/11_w1o5dSef2tzu2GDLnJKElHY3uyETzuzFHDAjI6P6k/edit?usp=sharing

Spheres of Might previews:
Part 1: docs.google.com/document/d/1aLaYQEFAWU4zQBx58boJPPaySLgJc0Emmw9eKyIJeGI/
Part 2: docs.google.com/document/d/1pyLq03W2ju58PcKOUq5YXoFowf_weBNzuWtjCMdINXk/edit

Old Thread:

You can't make an OP about the new version of Bloodforge without posting it user. Get uploading.

>Will you finally play a wulfkin or blinkling now?
Only if they're cute, and not gross dog monsters.

At least it was made at page 9?
>mfw I think I recognize the artist

What happened to the Dragon game?

I didn't know there was a new edition of Bloodforge. I have no idea what's in it so I can't answer your question.

I don't know, what did happen to the dragon game?

Crazy week at work. Didn't get to see this thread all that time.

Did any of the lewdgames finally pick their players? Can anyone share some of the inevitable drama and salt that occurred if they did?

Now the Vodyanoy racial feats, which are a bit odd.

Name: Ferocious Appetite
Prerequisite: Vodyanoy
Benefit: Your hunger has grown every greater. Your froggy mouth desiring something a bit heartier. You gain a bite attack appropriate to a creature your size. At 7th level you gain the Swallow Whole monster ability for creatures up to one size smaller than you; the AC of your stomach is 10 +1/2 your natural armor bonus (if any) +your Constitution modifier, and it has hit points equal to twice your total hit points. At 14th level you are able to swallow creatures up to your size. You may swallow creatures for a number of round equal to your constitution modifier before regurgitating them. If at any point the creature deals enough damage to your stomach to put it to 0 you regurgitate them immediately and are nauseated for 1 round.

Name: Desert Toad
Prerequisite: Vodyanoy
Benefit: Your skin is more resilient to dry air than others of your kind. Quadruple the amount of time you may spend outside of water before taking non-lethal damage. In addition when under harsh conditions you may enter a hibernative state. Caking yourself in mud you may bury yourself to hibernate, falling asleep for up to a number of months equal to your constitution modifier. While in this state you do not need to consume food nor drink. Entering or waking from this state takes four hours. If trying to act while waking you act as if staggered.

People are apparently getting PM's from the GM and this may or may not be bullshit.

We've had one guy try to pretend to be the DM already. Gm made post saying they'll know if/when the finalists are chosen.

So you still have some front row tickets to the fallout.

So I have been out of the loop for about the past 2 years when it comes to Pathfinder. What of note has released since 2 years ago?

Dragongame picked. You can see the roster on the page.
There was minor drama from some.

RotJR is currently picking. Tentative announcement on saturday, rumors everywhere.

Name: Cupbearer
Prerequisite: Vodyanoy, 7th level
Benefit: You have become adept at the archaic traditions of Vodyanoy, namely the art of soul catching. When in the presence of a dying creature you may prepare a ritual. This takes 10 minutes and costs 100 gold pieces worth of herbs and ritual alcohol, in addition you must use a jeweled cup worth at least 1000 gold pieces. At the end of the ritual you slay the dying creature and drain its blood into the cup. Over the next hour the blood and alcohol will boil and evaporate, leaving a soul gem in its place. This ritual only functions on creatures of intelligence 2 or greater.
Special: Soul gems and the soul trade are highly dangerous and often illegal. As it is considered inhumane to capture creature’s souls.

I was considering making a NE Vodyanoy anti-paladin racial archetype involving the soul catching ability.

Receive this as a bonus feat at level 1 without need prerequisites and be an ancestral soul catcher.

HV's been selected in full. The rejects were a little sad but didn't seem all that salty desu.

This dumb animal is fucking hot Tian chicks and basically you're fucking retarded
How?
Click here to find out!

DHB seems like he is getting ready for his game?

Or is he just posting homebrew stuff? I can't tell.

>tfw my group seems to be wanting to switch to 5e
goodbye, class choice...

That sucks man. How is your DM concerning 3rd party stuff? Maybe you can find something nice out of the admittedly small 5e pool

I hate you.

Hasn't started yet.

he's pretty open to 3rd party.

i think he just hates how big the numbers get in pathfinder

On a scale of 1 to WHY how bad would a Strength Based Unarmed dervish defender 4/ Barb 2/Dragon Fury X be?

Well, in that case, you should play a Bear Totem barbarian-half damage from everything that isn't Psychic. Keeps those numbers VERY small.

You keep talkin shit and you're gonna be some old bag's stole.

Be barbarian 5/rogue15 for 1/4 all nonpsychic damage!

If that's the only reason he wants to move to 5e, then his frustration is just going to shift to the lack of depth in 5e.

I don't like 5e because it's Too casualized. Some decisions I like, like paths being built into the classes, but a lot of the complexity is just gone for the sake of getting as many people in as possible.

>Too casualized

Different user, but that may not be a bad thing to some people. It definitely isn't for me. I hate Pathfinder's illusion of choice and depth, but I play it because it's all my group will play.

Good

You'll have to find me first

Face-down in a snowbank?

Apparently 2hufag's sockpuppet got into HV and witchunter user is on suicide watch!

Don't do it, witch hunter user! There's so much to live for!

>There's so much to live for!
>Imfuckingplying

So any releases of note as of late? Thinking about getting back into Pathfinder and am wondering if I should grab a few things.

You can't confirm that was me, it could have been any fox

Game starts next week on friday.

What character are you all making for DHB's REVOLUTION.game?

That's fair, which is why I said "why I don't like it".
You're aloud to like it, I just don't. Not to mention "the illusion of depth" isn't that bad if you're with a non power gaming group. We're we take non powerful options just to see if we can make it work with hard work.

Who got picked?

Zevorykalyukanar
Lameeka
Astarte
Atolm
Freyda
Celisse

Only the biggest!

Fair point.

I think, and this may just be from my own experience, Pathfinder seems to attract power-gamers more than any other system I've played. Unfortunately, some of my group members are power-gamers to the max, and I doubt any system will change that.

What was your favorite magical item you ever had? Was it practical? Flavorful? Did you make it yourself, or get it as a reward or plunder?

Tiny
Hipsbold
Spess Merhene
[BLANK]
NERRRRRDragon with tits
[BLANK]

Oh many systems can. But, if you're not at least nominally interested in the mechanical depths of this tarpit, pathfinder's one of the last places you should be looking for gaming anyways.

Some better balanced games can offer plenty of options without breaking apart. Your group may be well suited to those.

Try out Unchained Heroes, or Fragged Empire, hell Rolemaster is a lot better than some people give it credit for.

>blanks
Dragon Maid and Dragon Princess.

Get your shit together user.

Ooh! Ooh! It was a sword called Kingmaker, I found it in the Kingmaker campaign in a long forgotten tomb west of the Greenbelt!

It was one of those awesome "grows with you" blades that made my peerless soldier gain bonuses to command!

But the nerd is also a princess

Technically yes. her race is Dragon Princess, and as one of Culdranth's direct children she's technically one of her heirs.

But she doesn't hold the TITLE of princess.

Bloodforge got updated? Do we have any idea of what kind of changes happened?

Nerds, like eunuchs, can not be royalty.

She gave up the diadem for a D20.

Yep! HV got picked!

as a spunky mermaid i got no hate mail :)

>pathfinder attracts power gamers more then any other system
I've noticed that, he'll it turns people Into power gamers. My group like to keep it half chub in terms of power and fun. We try our Best to avoid rocket tag because we know what will happen when we get there.
Our group does have A power gamer, but he tries to keep the power directed at interesting ways to play.

Example: He's playing a panther style monk that uses his pseudo pounce to provoke AoOs, then uses the style to disarm everyone that attacked him Before they hit him.

You still jacking all of Aisha's ideas?

And he gets his shit pushed in by anyone who doesn't rely on a weapon?

You get bullied enough in game, I don't think anyone had the heart to bully you outside of it too.

Can someone TL;DR Legendary Kineticists for me? How have they been improved on?

only the npcs the person posted.

I think I can do that.

Battle burn (free burn you can use per fight)
Expanded elements are 1 level earlier and always grant a bonus talent, regardless of if you select the same element, and aren't -4 level anymore.
Burn no longer hurts you, it lowers some skills.
The writer is very handsome.

Oh my god is this from the noble supplement?

I'd like to see some proof on that last one.

Still seems pretty rude man.

Wasn't the dragon just an extension of her backstory?

So what does an unarchetyped Legendary Kineticist excel at?

Magic should be regulated and kept under strict control.

Well
We are playing with the feat tax reduction house rules, so he does have trip as well.
His main game plan is mass crowd control / disabling.
He got the True strike ki power, so if the party can block off an attacker, the attacker can't identify, or he has a good opportunity, he can trip just about anything with his pounce range.

You forgot the internal buffer doesn't require you to take burn the day before either.

>Burn no longer hurts you, it lowers some skills.

I'm fucking dumb, I've still been applying the nonlethal damage for some reason.

Thank you! I might try to convince my DM to let me use them, then.

You should be regulated and kept under strict control!

Agreed! Geek the mage!

dragon? I'm talking about the Herbalist.

Never, user, NEVER.

Molthune first game in 1hr.

Send your prayers/spite now.

>npcs
>s
>plural

Mages should be collared with tight-fitting magical chokers and controlled
by handlers!

i dont see any other NPC posted by the guy in the thread.

At being a kineticist, for the most part.
The lowered self-wrecking from burn means you've become substantially tougher: that CON is now actually worth its weight in HP.

Damage potential is a little better; composites come online a level earlier except for Crystalline Needle Blast for psionic-subtyped ones (as that one is given at 7th by its own text to anyone with the psi-subtype)

However the more burn is running through you the worse you'll get with strength and dex skills.

>At being a kineticist, for the most part.
The sucking?

Who will the young dragon girl fall in love with?

Well no, that's exactly it; Kineticists were terrible at being kineticists. The Legendary is significantly better at being a Kineticist. He gets fucked by his own abilities less, and can handle a little more heat.

Why does 2hu have a sockpuppet?

Are you going to greentext it after?

I'm saving my spite for RotJR

Then it was deleted

Maybe rejecting someone by tarot card and then taking their ideas anyways rubbed them the wrong way

Well what else are you going to do with a tubesock?

So what are Kineticists supposed to excel at?

Sucking.

That is NOT healthy, user! You should go with the flow.

It excels at being what the kineticist should have been in the first place.

That wasn't all I forgot, utility wild talents now have scaling DCs rather than static DCs as though they were spells.

So Legendary Kineticist sucks, it's just less sucky than default kineticist?

I do need a spellcaster in my Rise of the Runelords game.

Sucking counts as airbending, right?

Nah, Witchhunter can go and fuck himself, THEN kill himself. In fact it's probably you, so you can go do that now.

I decided to look into Pact Magic, and espite hearing that it's full of creepy shit I picked up the Grimoire of Lost Souls. Does anyone have experience with the system, and if so is it any good?

I'm sure Dragon DM was joking about tarot cards.

Right?

Speaking of Tarot Cards though, which of the picked people gets which card?

Well I'm not going anywhere now, am I?

Good luck Molthune! I didn't apply, so I've got nothing but good vibes for you all!

So because I am bored, I worked out that apparently, a level 18+ Monk without Run or Fleet or any other movement bonuses runs at just under 41 mph.

Doomguy apparently runs at 49.5

What about a Monk 18/Barbarian 1/Cleric 1 (Travel Domain)? How fast is that?