>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/50448263/#q50453249
archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/37738917/#37747884
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Jumpers!

Did you ever make a plan that sounded great, but. . . didn't exactly perform as intended? Tell me your tales of failure.

I know it's customary to take Pokemon as the first jump (supposedly because of some business with PCs and transferring pokemon).
Disregarding that, what's the best first jump to take?

Jump # 175 Madoka (or lovable characters suffering fates worse than death the anime)
Background: Screw you Kyubey (200)
Staring Location: Mitakihara

Perks:
*Greater Regeneration (200, Double)
*Greater Offense (200, Double)
*Greater Durability (200, Double)

Weapon: I’m good, thanks

Soul Gem:

Equipment
*Idol (200, Discount) Not really necessary but I do have a Bard theme so why not.

(Wow… so if you are going to create a background that just gets a discount on items, you at least want to make sure to have plenty of items, and plenty of interesting items for them to take)

It’s funny how different some things can be from their initial appearance. On the surface this appeared to be just another magical girl type world. I actually liked the girls that I made friends with Madoka, Sayaka, Mami even Homura… after I found out the truth.

However it was truth that was the problem. Little girls were being exploited by an alien race, even if it was supposedly for a good reason.

It’s funny I kept bugging Homura because I sensed something was wrong. At first I think she hated my guts, However I pestered her in to telling me what was wrong.

I… wasn’t ready for what I found out.

I may have taken it badly. Still I managed to Save Mami and once I got confirmation from Kyubey himself as to what was going on I set about trying to fix things.

I wound up making Madoka and Sayaka “Magical Girls” myself by subjecting them to every super power giving treatment I knew of. This led to a slight misunderstanding with Homura… she found out even a rocket launcher didn’t hurt me to her chagrin. Kyubey wasn’t pleased with me either until I showed him what I was really planning.

(to be continued)

I like Chronicles of Narnia. Low risk, and you can get a lot of survivability for later jumps.

I had picked up many items in my travel one of which was the MCU Reality Gem. Now it can’t alter reality in other worlds… however it works great as a power source for stuff that can. So I built an unholy abomination of a machine that would alter the fundamental laws of reality (what could go wrong?) of course it wouldn’t have enough range to cover the universe so I threatened the Incubators that unless the set up my relay system which would let it reach the entire universe I would do it myself and erase them from existence along with altering how the universe worked. I may have still been a little angry with them.

Unfortunately as I was working Walpurgisnacht Showed up. I was in no mood for this. Even if it was a planet destroying witch I was a jumper and I was pissed, She died.

I finished my infernal machine set it to tweak the universe so that the universe would live for a few million more years then compact down to a single point and be reborn in a new big bang (and repeat the process over and over again) then set the machine and it’s relays to be slightly out of phase with the rest of the universe so no one would bother it. I offered to take Madoka and Homura to another universe… (I am not saying I nudged them to try and get them together as a couple.. even though I did, and by the way It worked. They make an adorable couple) however they turned me down. Madoka liked her world and didn’t want to leave it. I used the rest of my time there helping the Magical girls clean up the witches and developing fake grief seeds so they wouldn’t turn in to witches that way.

I had to try and bring the magical girls together to work with each other to try and prevent each other from falling in to despair. It wasn’t a perfect system but it was the best I could do. Ironically manipulating a large group of girls spread out through the world is a lot harder that manipulating the entire universe.

>MCU reality gem
You can do better, the other Marvel jumps don't have limits on them.

So what about all the witches that already died? Whose souls have been lost to oblivion? Madoka was supposed to save them, and now thanks to you that won't happen. And there's no bringing them back, no revival magic that can do that.

Only because it's canon in those worlds that they don't work outside of the Marvel multiverse, meaning the limit would be redundant.

you know I am not even sure I took that jump yet this chain. I did the best with what I had and kit bashed a lot together. Honestly I have enough science and magic building perks I probably didn't need to reality gem it was just a bit of icing on the cake to make sure it worked.

Harry Potter is a good one. It's fairly low risk if you don't stick your neck out while at the same time is fairly easy to butterfly the plot away if you truly want no-risk. Bullshit Harry Potter Magic is excellent to have for sheer utility whether it be combat, (you can kill or maim just as easily as going fully non-lethal) support (Polyjuice potion is excellent for infiltration, plus healing potions are a thing) and even for all around utility (teleportation with few limits once you git gud, being able to summon shit from nearby ((Say goodbye to losing the remote, or going hungry in the woods)) as well as actual literal liquid luck.) If you want to get your bone on, there's plenty of opportunity no matter what you're packing. And if you just want to be a giant dick, there's plenty of targets you can fuck with ranging from perfectly acceptable (Umbridge) to literally kicking puppies (Dobby)

The glowing from The Great Dance might get somewhat annoying if you're doing this before YJ or Incredibles (and therefore have no Toggle yet).

Except he's just using MCU as an excuse to bitch, user.

It doesn't matter if that's a canon limit on the Infinity Gems. MCU has Red's name on it so he's bitching.

Undertale and Kamen Rider Showa part 1 are good starting places. I'm waiting for all the Kamen Rider jumps to get finished before I start there, though, because I want to have my Jumper go through all the eras before leaving to other worlds.

Can I import something that isn't made as a weapon, that I personally know how to use as a weapon, as my Weapon in Madoka Magica?

Also, how would Trick Weapon work if I import a weapon that can take multiple dissimilar shapes? I'd imagine they all have the same Trick, but a lot of the forms have little in common with each other.

I want to import the Upgraded Magical Instrument from Overlord, which can assume the form of any instrument I know how to play, give it Weapon Summoning, and then duplicate myself so that I can form a whole Symphony Orchestra composed of myself.

Undertale, NO GAME NO LIFE, Sherlock, Symbiote, Sburb, and maybe The Gamer if you plan on getting the titular Ability.

>they don't work outside of the Marvel multiverse,
They don't even work outside their own universe. If you take the infinity gems from 616(the primary marvel universe), to 2149(marvel zombies), they don't do anything. If you try to use them on something outside of their own universe, it shatters the things.

With Undertale you might want to get a perk that lets you keep your memory across resets and do your best to avoid Flowey.

Not really? The other jumps don't have the limit, so it can be assumed that there are no restrictions if you take one out with you. I mean, Marvel_user never said it doesn't work outside its jump, so one can assume jump-chan fiat.

It's just a better option.

Are you serious right now.

D&D Wish and Miracle can alter reality to bring back a soul, then the usual revival magic can work. Though, yeah, having to do that for every single witch would be numbingly repetitive.

I'm fond of Kingdom Hearts as an early or even first jump.
It covers a lot of bases in a single jump and is reasonably safe if you watch your drawbacks and take the right perks.

That's probably a good idea. Either that or grab the Drop In tree and be Sans.

user, it's canon that they don't work outside their own universe in Marvel itself. If you brought the ones from 616 to the Ultimates universe, they wouldn't work. So no, they won't work outside of Marvel.

>It doesn't say I can't, so I can! Lelelelelel

>The same logic Gardenbro and that asshole who said "lawl I get SAVE/LOAD from Undertale for free" had.

Am I being punked right now?

I am afraid that you answered your own question, it's not that I don't care it's that I am not Madoka and because it's not a series I really knew I had no way of knowing she was going to do that.
It's why I had to investigate stuff and find out about it. Likely I tried to slip something in to the settings of my dues ex machina about it however whether it worked or not is much more iffy. It's kind of tougher to change the past but keep the present the same but if your imposing artificial rules on the universe I suppose anything is possible.

There is a small problem with that, your talking about some of the biggest D&D spells there are, and you are also talking about a number of souls from multiple worlds. Even Overlord magic would likely be to weak to do so on the scale necessary.

Well, I suppose that's fair. Still, it seems like a downer compared to canon, which is saying something.

Well everyone was just claiming earlier that stuff like works between jumps even if you didn't pay for it.

>Gardenbro
Okay, I'm curious. Who's that?

Not sure if I ever told this one (I probably have, sorry), but this one time I went to Soul Eater trying to use outside knowledge to outwit Medusa. I was organizing distractions keeping Soul from attending his appointments with her when she was still pretending to be the nurse. Had training as a ninja, had experience with setting up accidents that looked like accidents, didn't think I was leaving any evidence behind. Didn't need to leave evidence behind, Medusa saw a pattern I never even knew was there in the events, set a trap that wasn't a trap to egg out my identity without me noticing.

I got ambushed out in the countryside of South America after getting done with a mission with my partner, got stabbed up real good by Crona and Ragnarok. Didn't die though, just woke up to the smiling face of the nurse back at Shibusen, Medusa. I got one of her snakes all up in my guts while I was out and turned into a spy. This wasn't even the worst plan failure that happened in Soul Eater. My guts had a real bad time here.

No, they weren't. Stop making shit up.

Look on 4plebs. He was around about two years ago. He made some really hilariously bad decision and was a legit power wanker who wanked so hard the entire thread skidded to a halt to proclaim: WTF

See , it seems to be how things work here.

Still better than rapestate

Not him, but they were, actually. Towards the end of the last thread.

A guy who tried to take the Manipulation option in the base Marvel jump to justify "okay now I can reach into any book and pull out whatever the fuck I want."

And even argued with the Jumpmaker on what Manipulation actually meant.

On ___CP___ ___PURCHASED____ ___SHIT___.

The issue is the infinity gems only have power over their own universe, it doesn't matter if you take the infinity gems from Marvel 616, to a DC's new 52, the gems power is still over Marvel 616. If you take the infinity gems from 616 to the negative zone which is just another part of the marvel multiverse that is actually really easy to get to in marvel, they don't do anything.

Taking the infinity gems from any marvel universe and saying they give similar power over every universe is like saying you take a key from one setting and saying it can open any lock in any other universe.

I know what he (you?) was referring to, but that is an incorrect interpretation of what was being discussed. Claiming otherwise is dubious at best.

I like Hero BBS, as an user in the past mentioned that "The ride never ends" is basically jumping with training wheels on so it might help

Otherwise, I'd say probably Fire Emblem Awakening is good for that or Final Fantasy Tactics Advanced
League of Legends sans drawbacks is pretty good too, as it baseline assumption is that you are a member of the Institute of War doing League matches with the protective revival making any in-match deaths not count

I'd offer forth TOME and Cave Story as my offerings for first jumps
Cave Story is more or less a sandbox as long as you don't butterfly away the plot and get off the island(which isn't too much of a problem depending on your purchases)
TOME is basically an MMO with no threat of death, the only chain-ender being a power that can actually be indefinitely locked for a while/butterflyed into an easy target or misbehaving to the point of having Mods ban you(which is a dodgeable attack)
Gives a free altform with its own subtable
Practice your combat skills basically risk-free.

Those characters never had jump-chan backing them though. We do.

It doesn't matter the gems have power over their universe, not other universes, it's how they work. If you want a universe level reality warping item from marvel get a fucking cosmic cube, they are just as strong and aren't specific to a universe.

You didn't pay for them, so neither do you.

You're claiming that because Index magic works like it does in the series that means that Infinity Gems gain the ability to manipulate other universes? I'm sure you think that this argument is some masterstroke that proves your point but it's actually pretty retarded.

Could you have a Stand whose power is making stuff function regardless of circumstances and use that on the Infinity Gems? I think I remember someone having that as a Stand.

Considering it's been ruled otherwise, this is false.

No, there is no stand that does that to my knowledge, and even if there was a stand that strong is fucking bullshit.

Well to fix everything would take a god, to get a god I would have either had to spark or let every horrible thing that happened normally to Madoka happen so she decides to go Madoka-kami and remake the universe. I did the best I could and avoided the "I'll come back and fix this messed up place after I spark" response that is the usual response because I don't think my jumper could have lived with that.
Was it worse than what happens in Madoka wraith... probably. However I say it's still better than what happened to most of the Madoka time lines

>can you have a Stand that serves as an infinite power generator?
Really? Really.

Are you paying attention? The Gems are tied to a specific universe, and only work for it. That's why they don't work elsewhere.

No, I'm saying that if becoming a Magic God works outside the jump then by that logic the Infinity Gems fall under the same logic.

You can't just claim it works for your stuff then say it doesn't work for someone else's stuff.

You keep using "Backing"
I'm not sure you know what that means

Fiat is only guaranteed if you use CP on it, otherwise it isn't backed and you better hope to god it doesn't need anything inherent in the universe to function.

No I think someone had that as a Stand idea in the thread and people said it would work. The examples weren't that extreme, but Stands run off of hax instead of logic, right?

I'll try to find it on the archive.

Honestly, the idea that I could just drop some slime shit into Grail-Kun and have him fill the environment with nuclear waste is some scary shit.

"That sounds fun, though! You're just too much of a good guy to really enjoy it."

"..."

I attempted to have Frisk talk with Alma, using Alpha level psychic powers. The intention was for him to befriend her, comfort her, something. Well, it worked in that he communicated with her, but...well, you know how Becket got her "attention" in canon? This time, it was Frisk.

Long story short, Alma ended up getting pregnant, we had to fight...pretty much everyone, aside from Point Man and his team (I mean, not everyone as in "everyone", but everyone as in all the bad guys from canon), and Alma ended up joining our merry group after being revived by yours truly. She and Frisk have a...interesting relationship. Not a bad one, though. I think they have a nice future ahead for both of them, and they look like they'll be happy together. Alma doesn't want her child working for me, though. She trusts me, but she already lost her children once, and she won't lose her daughter as well. Which is a shame, because she was a very powerful psychic.

You heard it here first folks.

All those inter-jump combos don't work because they aren't CP-backed or fiat-protected.

Yes, and the way that the Infinity Gems work in their home universe is that they stop working if you take them outside of it. So you're right, but the Gems just don't work that way.

Then by that logic the Light of Terra shouldn't work at all since we never bought it with cp. Or any scenario rewards since they give us cp instead. Or anything that jumpers ever scavenge the second we take it outside of the jump. It doesn't work like that. I guarantee if you tried to tell someone "nothing you get without cp purchases will ever work outside the setting" you'd get our more known jumpers up in arms.

Found it.

archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/50448263/#q50453249

So, we're biting the bait tonight? Is that what's up?

Hahawut

King Arthur offers you broad poison and disease immunity for cheap/free plus willpower-based magical ability and custom magical items at nice prices, so a jumper can really set their chain off to a great start if they're careful about their choices (especially about which KA setting they pick, some are fridge horror).

If it's not a trap, Final Fantasy Tactics Advance; get Unlootable and Ribbon Bearer, and stay in the towns. Become some village's local White Mage (healer).

FFTA may have casual resurrection magic, depending on whether a KO is actual death or just mortal (but not yet fatal) wounds / incapacitation / unconsciousness. If it's the former, then the culture of Ivalice may treat killing a lot more casually - but jumpers Go Home if they are killed and as a first jump you'd still be really squishy.

>dat webm
WTF happened there? How is she not crispied?

You do pay CP for the LoT, the upgrade sections are vast.

Still given to you be the Benefactor, you pedantic dumbass.

They probably don't. If you brought with CP some part of something, say the enchanting skills you used to make an item, it should work fine. But crap you just loot with no payment? Decent chance it just won't work.

Who would have guessed winter was such a good time for fishing?

I get the distinct "This is gonna be a chasing our tails for some dick's amusment" feeling from this
So

Is something up Heavens? Your posting a lot of deadpan expressions.

No, you pay for the LoT's upgrades. You never pay for the LoT itself, and the notes for LoT even say that the ship never respawns if you get it blown up. So are we ignoring rules now?

Looks like her engine caught fire. Gasoline fires aren't actually that dangerous for brief exposure, if you're not soaked in fuel yourself.

Some of this is probably the shitposter samefagging.

Do you guys like...handholding and soft nose kisses? sleeping on someone's chest?

>get called to defend your position
>puss out like a bitch

By nose kiss, do you mean kissing someone's nose or that "Eskimo kiss" thing where you rub noses together? Because either are good.

Nope, you've paid for it in some way with CP, it keeps working outside of it's universe. This also falls under the >Still given to you be the Benefactor, you pedantic dumbass.

You're joking right? That's like saying if a tech perk lets you build a car then magnets now work on wood.

Yes. I went Zentradi in Macross as did all my companions. Sleeping on someones chest or having someone sleep on your chest is made so much better with a healthy does of giant size.

>people refuse to bite your bait
>make ad hominem attacks

I'm quite partial to resting my head on a partner's thigh, and to holding them from behind, arms around their midsection.

Typically, it's my chest that's being slept on though.

Jump #3: The Legend of Zelda and the Minish Cap - Hmm. This place shouldn't be nearly as dangerous as the last place, but it wouldn't do to be in-cautious.

>G: What could be to worry about here?

The gods around here regularly interact with the people for one. IIRC, in one timeline, they flooded the world to keep the main villain, the incarnated hatred of one such god, sealed. I think it would due to have Enkidu ready at all times.

Drawbacks: No Master Sword Run (1600)

Origin: Drop-in (Free)
Race: Picori (1500)

-Perks-
The Importance of Placement (1400) - So, I'm able to detect and solve traps better? Neat!
It Just Appears (1200) - I use these items and loot appears? Well, that'll be useful.
Read the Guide (900) - Oooh, a guide in my head telling me ab enemies moveset and where Items are? This is good!
Magic [Fire, Dark, Water] (800) - Magic! Always want more magic!

>G: Why are you so fascinated with magic? You still read books from the Association today, 20 years later.

Because it is a game changer, as there are a lot of worlds where no one has it. Oh, and it is fucking magic!

>G:...Very well then.

Restoring Legends (650) - Oooh my yesss! More smithing for me!

>G: Why are you so interested in smithing?

Hmm?

>G: Ever since that last world, you have focused on nothing but smithing, sometimes even at the expense of options you would otherwise purchase, such as Magic.

I'm tired of copying other peoples weapons like a thief.

>G:...We have been together for twenty years mongrel. You may be able to lie to others, but not to me.

You.
I like you.

... I want to rebuild the Gate's treasury.

>G: ...Why?

You said it yourself Gil. After sharing the same head for so long, there's not much we can hide from each other. Beneath that almost tangible cloud of arrogance and ego, I can tell that you're bothered by the loss of your treasury. Sad as it is to say it, you are the closest thing I have to a best friend, so that just cannot do. So I'm going to do my best to rebuild the treasury.

>G:...You don't know what you are talking about mongrel.

Ssurrre I don't, and you're welcome. Anyway, back to buying things.

A Chest Full of Demons (450) - Summonable mooks? Neat, but I don't really see a need for 'em when I could more easily handle a problem myself. They could make for useful servants though.

-Items-
Jabber Nut Seeds (Free) - So, I plant these things and when they grow, they can teach someone a language of my choosing? That is neat.
A Bag Full of Kinstones (350) - To use with that perk above. Hmm, wonder if I can create locks that only these can open?
A Smith's Sword (250) - “Impossible to break” ...HAhahahahahaha! I am going to test this thoroughly.
A Pair of Small Doors (100) - Yay, little brownies to help while I work!
A Complete Collection of Zelda Game Guides (Free) - Yay, game guides!
A Complete COllection of Zelda Games (50) - Yay, video games!
Figurines (0) - Cool, figureines! These will make for excellent memento's, and to show to others!

So, after I fight my way out of the Dark World, I"m immediately beelining for Vaati and cutting the little bastards head off. Show him for sending me to another dimension. After that, studying the Picori Blade, and smithing! Also, keeping a watch out for that fucker Gannondorf.

He's been baiting you idiots this entire time.

Bodacious Babes?

I kind of want to make magnetic trees, now. Maybe splice in some of the genes that animals with magnetosense use? Those cause ferromagnetic iron particles to build up in their tissues, it's what lets them sense north. Pigeons have them, for example. I'm sure creating a pigeon/oak hybrid won't have horrible repercussions.

Just for you, user. Just for you.

There's a reason that the Zentraedi have been so thoroughly integrated into human society. It's not because of their men.

I NEED IT.

I NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED IT.

I want to be the big girl.

Over the years I've done Soul Eater, Gaim, EVO, Alpha Centauri, and Neo Hisei One. Though that last one was for a side chain, though my only one that got past the idea phase. It still died at jump two, just did it with style.
Behold the tale of a namefag's descent into madness. archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/37738917/#37747884

>Apparently released last month on phones and browsers

Huh

Is there any perk that allow you to see enemies' "health bar" or stats?

There's one in Command and Conquer: Tiberium for seeing health bars. Not sure where to get stats, though. Maybe Gamer? If you level up the Observe skill enough it should be able to see stats instead of just titles and levels.

Generic Fighting Game has something for the healthbar, and I think Fate has something for stats, though the latter will require some information digging first.

I still don't quite know what's going on in that clip.
Is she fishing for sharks? Did she take the Phantom Menace to heart and think that she can catch a bigger fish with her fish? And what is the camerawoman saying?