ITT:Traditional Games as women

What kind of woman is your favorite system?

>5e
The youngest of her sisters, she's got most of the same quirks as them, but by far is the most stable and likable. She seems to get along with most everyone, and has a widespread budding popularity, and she's good at what she does, but her limited skillset and interests really makes hard to do much else with her than what she wants. All in all a nice girl, but deep down you know she'll only ever be your second, or third choice.

>GURPS
The girl everyone tells you about when you're looking for something new. You've chatted a bit, Maybe even hung out, and while she seems perfect at times, you can't shake the feeling that she's just not the one for you, despite what everyone says. Maybe it's that fact that she really has no interesting quirks or traits outside of being able to do everything. Even the fact that she would do anything for you is deterred by this fact. Maybe it's you, Maybe it's her.

dumb thread idea kys

No thanks.

>GURPS
A whore that keeps being dragged out by her pimps, even though she's aged terribly and wasn't even that good when she was young. Bitter and jealous, she always has a nasty comment for any other girls she sees, and will try to convince you that wrinkles and warts are desirable or that her old man scent is actually an aphrodisiac.

She's willing to do anything her client asks, but does so in an awkward, over-thinking manner, like it's her first time doing it. Every single time. She's like a clumsy virgin trapped in the body of a hag, with the arrogance of a princess but without even the dignity of a streetwalker.

>, but by far is the most stable and likable.

HAH

I think we know who the bitter and jealous one is.

>WoD
That normal chick that hangs out with all the goths. When you're going out, they follow and the smell of piss and cum just never goes away. There's really nothing wrong with her, in fact she is wonderful! But the people around her? now that's the bog problem.

Jealous of what?

Its popularity as perceived by you, clearly, based on your colorful articulation. I'd say that's a silly thing to dislike a system for, but this is Veeky Forums, so carry on.

But it's not popular though.

Not even on Veeky Forums. I mean, have you seen the limping general? It takes like a week for the handful of fans to get it to the bump limit, when some other generals go through four or five a day.

Just because its a meme reply shouldn't make you think people are actually recommending that game.

>Pathfinder
Cousin to 3.5 that tried to be her superior by doing the exact same thing. Hanging out with her is a matter of getting everything just right so that she doesn't break and do her own thing, and making sure your friend know how to treat her. Aside from that you might have even liked her for her various interests and array of skills, but in the end there only seems to be one right choice for her in any given category.

Then her friends... well, she was in the anime club in college, an the less said about them and their interests in her, the better. She might even be tolerable company if she just managed to get rid of that crowd.

There are a fair number here GURPS, most replies recommending it nowadays actually articulate reasons as to why it would be a good fit and don't just post
>GURPS
which alone is a meme, but followed by advice becomes an actual recommendation.
If anything, hating on GURPS because it gets mentioned is more of a meme than mentioning it at this point.

The GURPS general does ebb and flow, but gets a pretty respectable number of unique posters most threads. It might not move as quickly as /pfg/ or the like, but I wouldn't expect it to.

>delusional GURPSfag

Okie dokie boss. Whatever keeps you from constantly proselytizing in fear of the few remaining fans finally shriveling up and being blown away by the next sudden gust.

>time to call names, clamp hands over the ears and shout la-la-la
Alright. I'm just saying you're wrong. Either way, it's not like my personal perception is going to shift the communal wind, so what are you so worried/angry about especially if you think I'm wrong?
For the record, the only one proselytizing here is you.

>The GURPS general does ebb and flow, but gets a pretty respectable number of unique posters most threads.

For threads that stay up for multiple days, desperately being bumped every few hours, the number really isn't that respectable. In fact, it's kind of sad, considering a thousand pairs of eyes are on Veeky Forums at any given moment.

Do you even know what proselytizing is?

Telling you that an unpopular game is unpopular is hardly trying to convert you, it's stating a fact that you seem very uncomfortable with.

To the point of amusing delusions.

Current gurpsgen is 135 replies, 43 posters. pfg at 292 and 63.
Seems like a pretty respectable ratio for an unpopular game.

Proselytizing is equally applicable in this context because Veeky Forums is all about "converting" people away from systems they don't like or convincing people to stay away from them even without being a part of that game's social circle. Case in point, all your responses in this thread. I haven't even posted a single thing recommending people play it, all I've done is state it's not unpopular as you disingenuously state that it is.

Also,
>delusional
Is a form of rhetoric here. You know that, right?

From my experience GURPS is the kind of rpg that holds a lot of appeal for gaming /k/ommandos, but doesn't necessarily appeal to the rest of Veeky Forums.

>Current gurpsgen is 135 replies, 43 posters. pfg at 292 and 63.
>Seems like a pretty respectable ratio for an unpopular game.

>over three days old
>compared to a general that hasn't been up even a quarter of a day

And, no one is trying to convert you. Someone is just pointing out how ridiculous the notion is that anyone would be jealous of GURPS's popularity. That's like being jealous of Steve Buscemi's good looks.

Not saying there's no one uglier, but you've got to be really low on the totem pole to even think about him when you're looking for someone to be jealous of.

You may be right. I think it's a shame that the game itself is so often simplified to such a statement, but I certainly agree with you that it's not a game for everyone and that Veeky Forums in general does have a very specific image of what the game is. I won't say it's necessarily an off-base perception, but it's also not totally accurate.

Shadowrun -

For a chola straight out of juvie that claims to be a bruja, she's remarkably anal retentive and mathematically oriented. That has to be how she got that GED, because her understanding of social sciences and geopolitics as all over the place.

Neither is anyone's opinion on any game. Most of us argue about things we've never even touched, let alone played.

>40k
You are constantly in an on-again, off-again relationship with this chick. She's got expensive tastes, changes her mind a lot, rarely seems consistent, and while she claims to be fair, it's clear she plays favorites. You really can't figure out what's going on with her. One day she'll go out of her way to ruin your stuff, the next she's giving you that really nice gift you've been asking for. Perhaps that's part of her appeal. The ups, the downs, and the twists may be enraging at times, but in the end, there's no denying that she's one hell of a woman, and you can't see yourself losing interest anytime soon.

And I'm not trying to convert anyone else. I'm just stating that by raw postercount, there is a respectable number on Veeky Forums who do, in fact, play GURPS. I'm not saying it isn't less popular than Pathfinder (obviously, because that would be idiotic), I'm just saying it's not a "handful of delusional GURPSfag goons running amok" as the poster I was replying to was attempting to imply. It is not unpopular by my assessment, as unlike many games mentioned on Veeky Forums it does have regular followers and can sustain a general. It would be interesting to do a 6-month archive search of the 10 most popular recurring generals to see what exactly the numbers are, particularly for things like OSR/WoD/Exalted, but I don't have the patience for it right now.

Fair point.

You're free to backtrack as much as you want, and you're free to believe that 40 unique posters over three days is respectable rather than sad. But, that's where I get to call you delusional, especially if you think a couple of fanatics almost religiously bumping up a general with half-hearted empty discussion counts as sustaining it. Of course, you're forgetting how often if dies, with the next OP lamenting "how could you let the last one die? We need to maintain our presence here! Our general is our lifeboat!"

I would call it one of the most pathetic generals, but that would be mean to the other generals that don't get all that many posts. But, at least they don't pretend that anyone would be jealous of their popularity.

Are you the guy who made this post?
If not, call it a day. If so, than let me call you a delusional fanboy once again, because that seems to be your personal trigger.

I disagree with your analysis of GURPS thread content and posters. Some do occasionally die off (particularly lately as the community has slowed the last few weeks) but so do plenty of other not-D&D-clone generals. Unless your definition of unpopular is "anything that isn't D&D," in which case I guess it can be considered an unpopular game.

Anyway, no, I am not the poster you quoted and never argued that someone would be jealous over its popularity (or even that it is "popular"); merely that it's not perpetuated by "a couple desperate posters" or is as niche as has been implied in this thread.

Anyway, I think we've made our respective points clearly enough, so I'm happy calling it here.

Then I think it's only fair that I apologize, because while I prefer other games to GURPS, there's no real point or purpose in discussing how popular it may or may not be, especially if trying to use Veeky Forums posters or threads as a metric.

Fair enough, I agree that Veeky Forums metrics or even roll20/obsidian portal metrics are virtually useless, and popularity really doesn't matter as much as playing what you like and letting others have their fun too. I fell into the trap of trying to "prove" my own perspective/opinion here too, and you're right that it really doesn't matter.

Apology accepted and thanks for being rational. Have a good night, user.

NOW KISS

> dignity of a street Walker
> dignity
user what street walkers are you seeing?

You're not very good at comprehending text.

What system is the older, overqualified and overworked company ace who's married to her job and is still single despite of that because she thought she could have it all? Because believe me, I'd play the shit out of that system.

AD&D 2e.

So...

Older system.

Dedicated to what it does.

Never really been played?

No clue.

Traveller though, Traveller is definitely a MILF.

>excuse me, you mean 3.5.
overqualified: 2 players handbooks, 2 dmg, 5 monster manuals and 60 other books besides.
she is almost 20.
everyone has played her, and most have enjoyed her or left her because she was married to her tasks and was unrelenting.

>everyone has played her, and most have enjoyed her or left her
That makes her sound like a used up floozy rather than a christmas cake.

>not realizing the reference of everyone playing her meaning she is still single
>thinking still being single at an upper age means she is a floozy
>only means that she doesnt have time for your shit unless its work related
office affairs are the shit.

>All in all a nice girl, but deep down you know she'll only ever be your second, or third choice.

Lies. Lies and misinformation.

3.pf is the skeezy bitch at the bar you can do ANYTHING with. You just explained why I'm right.

In that case, yes... 3.5e is my waifu. She's one hell of a mess though and let's be honest, her younger sister 5e is better.

I mean...she might still be single, but 3.5 has a LOT of kids. Like, a LOT. Star Wars, SpyCraft 1.0, the original WarCraft tabletop...

>Single mothers
What system is the old, childless woman who was left behind by her own generation due to overworking herself and now desperately wants to marry and reproduce?

Exalted 3E

Holy fuck, the shitty content was supposed to go away with the quest threads.
It's almost like the shitty content has move to fill the gap left behind by threads that at least cared!

Holy fuck, the shitposters were supposed to go away with the quest threads.

It's almost like the shitposters can't accept they lost and aren't welcome

Rolemaster.

Guess it wasn't quests and /wst/ that were the problems.

Go figure.

>Nechronica
This little girl is clearly trying to seduce you, but she doesn't speak a lot of English and is trying to bridge the gap with pictures she drew. She might be a little unhinged, but wants you to help her be the best she can be. When it comes right down to it, she'd rather be daughterfu than waifu.

>4E
She's a nice, wonderful young girl but she always seems a little sad, suffering in silence.

A lot of people were absolutely obsessive over her older sister. So much so that they started making fun of her without really getting to know her. They spread around a bunch of rumors to give her a bad reputation, and as a result, most people tend to ignore her in favor of her older or younger sisters.

But it's ok. She just grins and bears it, because that's the type of woman she is. She's easy to understand and fun to be with. She takes things a little slowly at times (which might be why a lot of guys don't like her) but she always keeps things interesting, so it's ok. She wants everyone to feel included and like they can really make a contribution to the world, even the people who bully her. She's got a well-defined sense of fairness and equality, probably moreso than her sisters, which makes her well-grounded and easy to work with. Most importantly, she treats you like a hero from the get go, and makes you feel like you can take on any challenge with her at your side.

I hate 4e, but this tugged at my heartstrigs.

>Monsterhearts

weird emo/goth girl who actually turns out to be a really great person once you get to know her

/d/ is right here.

4e?

Cyberpunk 2020

Thanks, Pondsmith.