Warmachine/Hordes General

Captain Harlock edition

Mk3 list building: conflictchamber.com

Warmahords chat: discord.gg/KmXzbwD

Warmachine/Hordes Books, No Quarter, & IKRPG
textuploader com / da46m
PP Youtube (gameplay tutorials, tournament coverage, and announcements)
youtube.com/user/PrivateerPressPrime

Latest Errata (the actual January one):
files.privateerpress.com/op/errata/December2016/WMH-Errata-January-2017.pdf

Theme Forces:
files.privateerpress.com/op/errata/Theme Forces.pdf

Steamroller Rules
privateerpress.com/organized-play/steamroller-tournaments

The Giant List of Podcasts and Blogs
privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?76379-Warmachine-Hordes-related-blogs-websites-and-forums

Table of contents for all NQ issues
privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?4313-Table-Of-Contents-For-All-No-Quarter-Issues

Lexicanum Iron Kingdoms Fluff wiki:
warmachine.lexicanum.com/wiki/Main_Page

MK3 RULES:
files.privateerpress.com/allnewwar/Prime.pdf
files.privateerpress.com/allnewwar/Primal.pdf
drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B5OHGgAx7q66NUdvUFp3LWVQRlE&usp=drive_web

Warmachine/Hordes Army Creator (WHAC) .apk
charbon-et-charentaise.org/blog/content/app-release.apk

wmhwtc.wordpress.com/2016/09/06/2016-wtc-list-statistics/
>WTC List Statistics

wmhwtc.wordpress.com/2016/09/07/2016-wtc-objectives-chosen/
>WTC Objectives Statistics

wmhwtc.wordpress.com/2016/09/07/wtc-2016-lists-and-datafile/
>WTC Lists

Other urls found in this thread:

conflictchamber.com/#b21bbV2f24222v2v3D2_3z
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Where's the fucking link to the previous fucking thread you fucking faggot. Fuck.

aaaaaaand ruined already.

people here are such cunts

Meanwhile, the PP Skorne Forum is all day festival of positivity and good feeling.

I'm rolling with it, after the Cubs won I finally accepted that I had been seeing signs that the world was ending for months.

>already sold on this one god
>you can stop now

What should I pick up to make a 50 put Captain Shae list? I'm still relatively new and all I've got is Shae, a Mariner, a Mule, the Commodore, Hawke, Grogspar, the Doc and a Press Ganger crew

Is Shea good outside of Pirates?

Remember to accept our lord and savior EVERBLIGHT

I'm looking for the No Quarter issue with the historical scenario between ancient Menites and the Molgur. I've tried the table of contents in the Privateer Forums, but can't seem to find it.

so Horgle2 is coming out soon anyone got a link to his card or stats? also workshopping a 25 pt army any ideas?

Also, need to update the OP with the actual current errata including the Skorne changes.

Can't wait for Circle Spring. Hoping we get a living warbeast theme force, because I'm totally running this:

(Kaya 3) Kaya the Wildheart [+27]
- Druid Wilder [0]
- Ghetorix [21]
- Loki [21]
- Feral Warpwolf [18]
- Pureblood Warpwolf [17]
- Warpwolf Stalker [19]
Blackclad Wayfarer [0]
Blackclad Wayfarer [0]
Shifting Stones [3]
Shifting Stones [3]

My other list is Una :^)

Are Kaya's rules out?

Try CTRL F ing Battle Forged. It's the section where they do custom historical scenarios

Nothing but the old spoiler. That's Morv2s points. Figure it is close to what hers will be.

Is Cryxnergy the new Skornergy?

>Asphyxious3 has field marshal [unyielding] that gives victim statted Cryx jacks staying power in close combat
>Asphyxious3 is slower than all low ARM Cryx jacks, so they can't reach close combat as fast as normally

He doesn't need to stand right in front of the army you know?

??? He has mobility

>paying 3 focus for 1 inch of extra movement

>Is Cryxnergy the new Skornergy?
Only if you're an idiot and just want to run Seethers with Venethrax

With players like you and your endless hyperbole, Cryx will stay in its current shape forever. Congratulations, you are the cancer ruining WMH.

>Not paying 3 focus to make the fastest Jack's in the game even faster and giving them Pathfinder.

For field marshal he has to.

If they go faster than Asphyxious, they don't benefit from unyielding. Cryxnergy.

it's 2 inches.

please actually know what you are complaining about

You are a fucking idiot.

You are not often told you are clever are you?

Field marshal doesn't require control area and even if so, his control area is big.

Seriously what the fuck is wrong with you?

They only need to be in Gaspy's control area, and are only 1 speed faster than him.

Slayer is speed 6, Asphyxious is speed 5, Slayer only benefits 1 inch from it, bonejacks don't benefit at all.

What??? Please read those cards again. For the love of god, read them.

What?

please get a trip so you can be filtered off now

Would you do any errata to your faction.

If it means coc gets a model per errata?

Sure, why not

You mean my faction gets more balanced while CoC gets more model veriety? Where's the downside?

Skornegy is still a thing.

>Xerxis2 has FM +2SPD
>Internet explodes and calls him overpowered
>He's only fury 5 so can't handle a big battlegroup

So if this thread is anything to go by, Cryx is actually fine but Cryx players don't realise it because they haven't read any of their models besides Banes and Gaspy2.

>can't handle a big battlegroup
Suuuuure. I mean, he's not OP, but any Skorne caster can run an assload of beasts.

The powerful stuff in Cryx is fine. But there's a lot that is not fine, so I can undestand them a bit.

Cryxfags were being spoiled rotten by mk2. They can't comprehend not being the best faction.

So you mean like every faction

Every faction has tons of shit so they're not alone. Even Skorne still has lots of dud models. Our solos for example are probably the worst in the game still. At least half of them are bad, with more being questionable. None of them scream "amazing in any game or with a certain caster" at you besides Mord + Void Spirits, but even then that's shit against battlegroups, Warmachine, and tough infantry.

Well except for Protectorate, Retribution and maybe Skorne.

>Bastions, Cinerators
>Houseguard
>Cetrati

There's some stuff that's not good in those factions, but the vast majority is.

That's a lot less than in other factions.

>Vast majority of Skorne is good
Says who? Someone who doesn't play Skorne? The only part of Skorne where the majority of things are good is the beast stable, though even that is a great unknown at the moment. Half our casters aren't good, half our units aren't good, almost all of our solos aren't good. All things considered, I'm confident that less than half of Skorne things are good. Just because we had a big errata doesn't mean everything is good. Keltarii were completely unplayable before, getting +1SPD doesn't mean they're magically insane now.

Like I fucking said: "Maybe Skorne". It's looking pretty good so far but it's too early to tell.

>"There's some stuff that's not good in those factions, but the vast majority is."
>"The vast majority of those factions (Menoth, Ret, Skorne) is good"
>"The vast majority of Skorne is good"
No, you outright stated it.

I have no nerve to explain reading to you. Go to fucking school kid.

Ouch you got me with that red hot insult. Better redact my earlier comments now that I've been thoroughly defeated.

>Cryx players are just WHM's version of Tau players

Well, things make a lot more sense now.

I don't know anything about Mk3 Skorne, pre or post errata, but sounds like they're in-line with most of the factions now who are only using 30-40% of their available models.

Pre-Errata it wa like 10%. We'll see where we end up now, but I think it's going to be close to 80%.

Keltarii were amazing before. the fact that they got buffed is insane.

Well amazing is a bit of an overstatement.

A bit, yeah. A reasonable description would be "Keltarii were a bit lacklustre before, now they have a role". They needed a buff, they got a buff, and the result is in no way "insane".

TBF, it's really tough to evaluate either way. You can never judge anything in a vacuum. Not every model got directly buffed, but the scale and number of the changes pretty much guarantee every model is having its branch shaken.

I mean, one of the big picture changes is that Skorne now has a lot more delivery mechanisms available. That changes the value of every model that doesn't come with a delivery mechanism built-in.

So players are cancer ruining the game and not Privateer Press? Got it.

Except that everyone is playing Coven and Deneghra1 with boatloads of Satyxis, that shit gets old pretty quick, nobody is even considering the banes these days.

So what? The tournament/meta lists for other factions are similiarly narrow. Cygnar: Stormlances+Junior Warcaster. Khador: Either all jacks or WGRI+Rockets+Joe. etc etc.
In the last thread another user did a nice write up what the staples of each faction are

Although one reasonable point would be that Cryx is even more narrow than others - but saying that the entire faction is trash and that everything is bad really doesn't help.
I can understand Cryx players wanting a bit more options, but that's another thing than "oh no my faction is the wurst!"

Do you people even like this game? These threads always seem to be filled with fags and cancer.

Why does this edition feel so...not fucking fun?

Is it the spam lists? Is it the 'samey' nature of the factions as they expand more and more models into their line? Is it pre-measurement and proxy bases?

WTF is going on? Why does it feel so fucking bland now?

Yes. And yes.

Not much slower -- you realize he (and Vociferon) gets the +2 SPD from Mobility also?

>Cryx is actually fine

Cryx is fine if you only want to play Denny1, Coven, Satyxis, character Jacks, and Nodes. Everything else is garbage.

Real talk.

Synergy in Circle, what beasts do we use? I'd be seriously surprised if the correct answer is lots of expensive beasts.

I'm thinking Gnarlhorns, personally, as with Synergy and Feral available they hit hard enough, and with a little geometry you can make Counterslam not only useful but really obnoxious for the other guy to deal with.

Scarsfell and Rip Horn are two of the best contender with a Gorax to give out Primal.

I really want to see Kaya3 and the Wold Theme Force.

I think (and hope) that PP isn't so idiot to understand that if if Bradigus has sinergy limited when you release a caster with Sinergy unlimited you ar epratically killing one caster.

I hope wold them will bring new asnwer in circle against Gun line, maybe something cool like all Construct Beast gain Shield Guard.

>Circle is actually fine

Circle is fine if you only want to play 2una, Wurmwood, Scarsfell Griffons, Warpwolves and Sentry Stones. Everything else is garbage

If you get gotes do not get the new ones, otherwise youll play worse and make awkward hits on the table.

Both Baldur are really good too.

The problem Circle has with caster it's the same all the other faction has and it's called "META".

The amount of firepower out there really limit list building, if shooting become less viable in the meta Circle really gains a lot of option.

The other problem here being that 2na/WW is probably the most broken pairing in the game. Cygnar might have something on their level and maybe Protectorate, but Circle is incredibly hard on the lesser factions.

What is the Bronzeback fury...5? FUCK OFF.

Circle isn't as varied as it was in Mk2, but the field is a bit bigger than that.

Baldur1, Baldur2, and Tanith are all good.

Bloodtrackers are still good. Woldwraths and Woldwyrds are good.

We've got more playable options than Cygnar, at least.

>Woldwyrds
They are just waiting for the right list to spam them.

What if... mcdonttouchthat?

Looking to pair something with my Maddox list. Was thinking Haley2 or Haley3, but I'm not sure. For reference, my Maddox list is as follows:

War Room Army

Cygnar - Maddox Theme

Theme: Storm Division
75 / 75 Army

Effigy of Valor - Steamroller Objective

Major Beth Maddox - WJ: +30
- Stormclad - PC: 18 (Battlegroup Points Used: 18)
- Stormclad - PC: 18 (Battlegroup Points Used: 12)

Journeyman Warcaster - PC: 0
- Firefly - PC: 8
Stormblade Captain - PC: 5
Captain Arlan Strangeways - PC: 0

Storm Lances - Leader & 4 Grunts: 20
Storm Lances - Leader & 4 Grunts: 20
Stormblade Infantry - Leader & 5 Grunts: 10
- Stormblade Infantry Officer & Standard - Officer & Standard: 0
- Stormblade Infantry Storm Gunner - PC: 2

THEME: Storm Division
---

GENERATED : 01/20/2017 09:10:25
BUILD ID : 2034.17-01-07

Does Protectorate even matter without High Reclaimer? Cryx is still winning and placing in tournaments despite being so shitty.

>Do you people even like this game? These threads always seem to be filled with fags and cancer.

People who enjoy the game are too busy playing it and listbuilding and discussing it with friends to shitpost in threads.

Probably. If you look at Protectorates stuff, they seem like they have a pretty strong stable. HR is just really in right now so that's what everyone plays.

Otherwise, they really seem like they have a lot of good stuff. Hell, Kreoss1 still exists and he still does the exact same things he did in MK2 except now he has power up.

>If you look at Protectorates stuff, they seem like they have a pretty strong stable.

Strong enough to not ever win anything.

Every faction has a strong stable of casters as long as your definition of strong doesn't include "winning".

The biggest problem is Cryx is that Satyxis don't seem like Cryx units but they're the only units worth using. Other armies have cohesive themes (Russians, religious zealots, naturalists) that all units belong to, but for Cryx you have a faction of cyborg undead where the face of the faction are living women with horns. The best way to fix Cryx is by removing all Satyxis and turning them into mercs.

Protectorate is as it has always been
Right in the smack god damn middle
We got one S-Tier Caster with a specific list that gets countered because everyone shits their pants the first few weeks.
Harby was scary in mk2 for like 2 months
Amon was scary for like 2 months
HR is Scary right now.

I love PoM because you can field a decent list with most casters.

>>I love PoM because you can field a decent list with most casters.
This. I'm really considering getting a second unit of daughters or a unit of flamebringers to play Thyra. The chance to play a really fast and aggressive list in PoM is interesting, to say the least

I found it, it's in No Quarter 45, for those interested.

I'm actually really curious about what in god's name this user could've meant. That... like... if the 'jacks got Mobility and then... ran, straight forward, they'd be out of CTRL? Or... something? I am actually confused.

I want Kreoss3 with some vengers.

...but Satyxis have been part of the Cryx faction since day one, literally. Skarre was one of the first wave of casters, with Denny and Gaspy. I mean, by your reasoning, none of the pirate stuff is in-theme for Cryx because they're not cyborg undead, despite Cryx explicitly having a lot of pirates.

Who the fuck knows? It's wrong on too many levels to understand.

Less shenanigans.

Everything is more restrictive than before and wombo combos are dead

Mk3 list design:
How many of this one undercosted warnoun can I fit into this list?

conflictchamber.com/#b21bbV2f24222v2v3D2_3z

Protectorate Army - 75 / 75 points

(Kreoss 3) Intercessor Kreoss [+28]
- Fire of Salvation [16]
- Templar [15]
- Reckoner [16]
Exemplar Vengers (max) [20]
Exemplar Vengers (max) [20]
High Exemplar Gravus [9]
Choir of Menoth (min) [4]
Vassal of Menoth [3]

What do people think about this?

Satyxis were a mistake since the beginning. PP should nerf them so hard no one will ever use them again.

Considering that seems to be their approach to nerfing almost everything, I think it's safe to say that Satyxis will become unplayable sometime in the future.

Looks like it busts down armor like a boss.
Why the Reckoner though? With so many rerolls going around, you hardly need the -2 def. I'm also not sold on the Fire of Salvation. Sure it hits hard, but it also costs quite a lot. Maybe trade it in for a Castigator (which between coven and ignite goes to 2 POW 20's initials).
And is Gravus actually worth it?

Thanks man!

>Dragon-blooded pirates are not in theme for the dragon worshipping pirate faction.

...you wot mate?

I WOULD like to see a Merc Satyxis warcaster some day (Since the fluff for them in the RPG had them being hired on many pirate ships, not just Cryx ones) but they do fit in Cryx.

Played Makeda1. She's really good.

>EVERYTHING ELSE IS GARBAGE BECAUSE I SAY SO
Stone monkey colossus is dumb with Druids of Oroboros. Magic ability 8 dudes with a knockdown, a knockback, and a cloud that gives personal stealth? Hell even without the monkey, Druids of Oroboros seem good. Like nigger if you want awful units I can show you the card for Incindiarii.

That would actually be cool. I want there to be some themes that rely on Mercs and allow them to benefit from faction spells/abilities.

A Cryx pirate/merc/Styxis theme would be great for this.

Similarly I would love a Skorne "Slave" army along the same lines.

Also, a Merc "Llaelese" force that consists of a mix of mercs along with select Cygnar and maybe Protectorate units would be sweet. Depending on whether it's supposed to be a pre or post invasion Llalese force.

She seems really cool.

What was your list?

I keep looking at her and thinking of completely different options so I don't know what to run her with.