Warhammer 40,000 general /40kg/

The search for alpharius continues! edition

>THIS IS THE LIST BUILDER, (Dont) ASK FOR IT!
webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#/rosterCreator

>Freshest Rules in Epub (Use Readium for PC or Kobo on Android)
mega.nz/#F!Wl5DAbCb!TYxZG4CgX_x-NJu7JBwbZQ!2tgBUTYI

>Not always current PDFs:
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>Up to date FAQs
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40K 7th Edition Quick Reference Sheets:
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>Forge World Book Index:
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>The Black Library (Be wary of Alpharius)
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q!c4pGAJDb

Dark Eldar master race reporting!

How would someone go about converting Terradon Riders into Deffkoptas?

I get sticking Orks in place of Seraphon, but I still need to attach guns/missile launchers to it. Not sure how to do that without making it look bad.

Who's Alpharius?

I am. You are.

He's a pretty swell guy loyal to a fault really.

You look familiar

R8 my 1500 Mechanised IG list?

I'm debating on swapping out some stuff in my list for a Termi Lord and termis, though footslogging/DSing them probably isn't a good idea, is it?

Also, I really like Warp Talons, but it seems like taking 15 Khorne Dogs for almost the same amount of points as a 5 man squad is a better idea?

Also, for Maulerfiends, what's better, Magma Cutters or Lasher Tendrils?

Well, you can potentially put the gun in the arms of the Ork. Toss a missile launcher over his back and say he fires it as needed.

Alternatively, you could try and mock up some leather straps to go around the wings, either with greenstuff, clever placement of bits, or good painting, and then strap the guns under it.

You have enough Heavy Bolters via the Chimeras. Have the CAD Vets take Autocannons and deploy them on objectives in your deployment zone to hold them while other things move up. Autocannons have better STR and range so they're better suited to doing this than heavy bolters.

DS termies is better than footslogging, but mainly for combi-weapons blasting something as they come in. A Lord with his assault abilities is a bit wasted there. You'd need a land raider to deliver them for that, and at that point it's a bit wasteful.

Warp Talons aren't the best. They're better in Khorne Daemonkin where they get both Daemon of Khorne and Mark of Khorne, but if you really want them, the new formation with a lord and 3-5 units of Raptors and Warp Talons is the best option. If you mix a good amount of both squads, they can assault out of Deep Strike, which allows Warp Talons to actually function as intended.

Magma Cutters are typically better on Maulerfiends so they can eat tanks.

I've decided to finally get into 40k and I'm really liking the Dark Eldar models and lore. Is it true that their rules are shit-tier? Will I lose every game?

We're all Alpharius here, brother.

>tfw can't take a Hellcult inside a Murder Talon

Oh, I forgot to mention that I am playing KdK.

>Is internet hyperbole true?

What's the best way to upgrade the tau half of the killteam box?

Some great players have proved that Dark Eldar have what it takes to kick ass, but they're not very forgiving to noobs. Their rules are a bit outdated but they can still fuck shit up. Also who knows you might end up on top or something.

SMS turret
That's it

Use ork bike bits?
Give the gun to the boy?
Add a turret with a strap?
many ways to do this, user.

Even in death I am the night!

SMS?
I do not know tau units, can you please enlighten me?

It got deleted and I'm going to sleep.

Smart missile system. It's the missile pod with two rows of missiles instead of one.

It's a good pick because it's S and AP match that of the guns of the unit carting it around, so it doesn't create a schizophrenic unit that has to choose between snapping off some high S shots at a target the rest of the squad can't hurt or blowing shit up with their sexy guns. It also ignores LoS and fucks cover, so there's that.

Hmm...footslogging termies might be a bit better then. If I recall, the World Eaters formations in Traitors Hate can give a benefit that lets all your non-vehicle units move 2d6 for free after deployment is over. Then, you can give the lord a Talisman of Burning Blood, which will let his unit Move and charge an extra 3"

That's 7 before the game, 9 on the first move phase, and an average charge range of 10". That can slam you right into the enemy deployment zone first turn.

I'm not sure if those formations can apply to Khorne Daemonkin though, so take this with a grain of salt.

Using KdK does mean your Warp Talons will be better though.

I-I liked it, user.

Can't use those, sadly. And I'm gonna paint my dudes in the 30k WB scheme that looks like Flesh Tearers for some reason

My current problem is that a 7 man Warp talon unit is 8 points more than 15 dogs, and after taking your advice and removing the lasher tendrils, as well as ichor blood from my daemon prince, that leaves my list at 1465 points. Would it be worth it to remove some dogs and/or a maulerfiend to fit them in, or keep my list as is?

tanks, bro.

Might be better off with the dogs, I think. I'll be honest, I don't know Khorne stuff very well. I mainly run Slaanesh.

You could try squeezing in a smaller squad of Warp Talons to see how you like them, but it's really up to you there.

Also this user again.
Drop Carapace armor from the CAD Veterans and give them camo cloaks. Park them in ruins and they got a 3+ save. Unless you have some sneaky plan for the Primaris Psyker, I'd say maybe drop him and get guns for the rest of your vets and the command squad.

The reason I think dropping the Grenadiers and having the CAD Vets sit back is because without a transport, footslogging vets are just going to die. Not to mention with a heavy weapon, they're better off staying back and not moving.

Can an abhuman become a space marine?

What are you up to Veeky Forums?
Figured out my list for my 3k game was actually under that by 300pts which sucks.
But tell me about your games Veeky Forums and all of the hobbying you've been doing lately.

no

Here's my list so far to show you what I have exactly.

1500 Khorne Daemonkin V2

HQ
-Daemon Prince, 160
+Daemonic Flight, 40
+Warp-forged Armor, 20
+Goredrinker, 30
+Collar of Khorne, 15
Total, 265

Troops
-2xChaos Space Marines, 130
+2 marines, 30
+9xCCW, 18
+Lightning Claw, 15
+2xMelta gun, 20
+Icon of Wrath, 20
Total, 233 (466)

Dedicated Transports
-2xChaos Rhinos, 35
+Dozer Blade, 5
+Havoc Launchers, 12
Total, 52 (104)

Fast Attack
-3xFlesh Hounds, 240

Heavy Support
-3xMaulerfiend, 390

Complete total, 1465

A MSU squad of Warp Talons is 180 points for 5 man unit, but they seem pretty good with Warpflame strike, Rage/Counter attack, and Furious Charge. Dogs have Scout, Fleet,and move 12", iirc, since they're beasts, and are WS5 S4 T4 W2 I4 A2 Ld7 6+/5++ Fearless Scout Daemon of Khorne

Just finished up work for tonight on pic related. I'll have to put it aside soon, though. Friend commissioned me for Celestine + Gemini.

I bought an Imperial Knight yesterday and built it. I'm gonna start painting it today so I can do the final assembly and use it in a game on Saturday, my first game in about a year. Which reminds me, can I just built my army by having a detachment like "1st company task force" of marines and then another detachment like "oathsworn" from the knights and still call it a legal list? I thought to take choices outside your primary army you had to have a specific allied detachment.

I had a game today with a DE player who, despite playing at 1850pts, barely knew the rules and required constant explanation, clarification, and page-flipping.

I was playing an IG list I've been wanting to try while my Celestine is unpainted.

It took 4 hours to get through 2 turns and I just excused myself and said I had somewhere to be.

I'm all good for playing new guys, but lets start at like 1000 and work our way upwards.

Depends - what do you want from an army?
We helped some new Archon yesterday, and even tho i'm hungover, i can help for a bit

Being bored since it's been raining all month which means I won't be able to paint my first models. So I'm just posting on here and asking about list advice, mostly.

>tfw had whole week off and was going to have fun painting my dudes I got for Christmas only for it to rain and the humidity to shoot up

So, what should I be dropping/switching around to bring armor, if anything? The inquisitors themselves are non-optional (though their gear can change), the rest is subject to change. I'd like to stick with bikes though.

The allied detachment is just a less restrictive detachment to make it easier to field allies and still be battle forged. You can ally any detachment.

Started negotiating selling my existing army. Ran a play test of my new one before I start investigating and got reamed, bad. Painting is on hold till I decide what I want to downsize and what I want to keep.

Feels bad.

Post list, receive advice/shitposting

I already did. is the most recent revision. I've posted it in the past three threads, too, including first post of last thread.

Why there is no Forge World in builder?

Oh you're that guy? Shit, no one wants to read that thing. I didn't even open it.

Use list builder and try again.

I don't know how people can actually read BL and still say Fall of Cadia is shit. Fall of Cadia may not be an award winning novel, but it's at least actually entertaining and a page turner. BL I can't even read a single page sometimes because the writing is so corny or cringey. Some of them read like something from fanfiction.net.

That said, what I've read so far of Fall of Cadia is basically just Imperials slowly being wrecked.

List Builder didn't exactly work when I still had a lot of Forge World in it.

Zero attention span though, I see

Because the builder is fucking garbage.

The memes aren't entirely true, they're in a bad place but they can still pull off some stuff thats unique to them

the real problem isn't that they're bad but rather that they're completely unforgiving, they're probably the second hardest army to use properly on the tabletop (harlequins are the hardest because they're basically Deldar on roids) and as a result they're not new player friendly

you can't just point and kill like you can with tau for instance

What should I expect when facing a Space Wolves army?

Wolf and Wolf Accessories.

i agree totally, ive only been playing for about 4 months now and i've mostly played 500 to 750 games just to get the ideas before major strategy comes into play. it's not really the kind of game to just jump into and expect to undestand.

I can add FW

that's what happens when you are outgunned and outnumbered with no options for retreat.

AWOOOO

doggos

That's because they literally hire fanfic writers. I'm not even joking, you send in your fanfics to apply.

If you can tell me, off the top of your head, what the stat line of your basic troop is you are several steps ahead of this guy.

This is true, but i'd still like to write for them since i feel i could offer interesting takes on the setting

so why does cawl get access to the mechanicum triaros armoured conveyer in 40k when its a horus heresy model, seems like hes using the wrong models to me.

Nothing, and I feel terrible about it. I have finished one model recently and based another of a different army. Meanwhile, I have a backlog of primed models for 2 more armies.

I can't even play because no none plays here anymore.

Help, I'm not good at list

Honestly, in find games in the 750-1250 range to be the most fun.

well, since i play skitarii thats pretty easy since its
ws 3 bs 4 t3 for both and then varying levels of wounds and attacks depending on if they are the alpha

yeah the first couple were real stomps against me cuz i didnt know what i was doing but now that ive figured some of the stuff out they have been closer and more about 1 or 2 important dice rolls.

>WS

>BS

>S

>T

>W

>I

>A

>Ld

>Save
-

Guess the Unit, Veeky Forums and post your own for people to guess.

Like 99% of the BL books are absolutely shit tier and even romantic novels written for middle aged women have better prose.

Most likely wulfen, twc and barkstars with runepriests. And a fat bearded autist.
Or a normal guy that's not a minmaxin furryfucker, but the odds are against you. Also, probably racist

Gretchins

We're all racist here in Finland, and the guy I'm playing is the worst kind of tournament player.

>tfw I'm the second
:^^^^^)

Grot or blue horror

Correct! It was grots.

The new Fall of Cadia army list system is basically taken directly from Age of Sigmar General's Handbook.

Good or bad?

So wulfen and twc or wolves and casters.
SW are strangely powerful psykers as well...

Pls explain?

Flesh Hounds of Khorne on the charge will give you 12 S5 attacks, with a 5++ and 2W. But they are 80 points for the unit and are VERY fast, being able to scout and move 12" for being a Beast, as well as having Fleet.

Warp Talons have 26 S5 AP3 Shred attacks on the charge and 5 S4 HoW attacks if they use their jump packs to charge. Warp Talons are 3+/5++ but only 1 wound and 180 points. If they deepstrike within 6" of an enemy unit they must take a blind test. But since you can't assaul the turn you deepstrike and the Blind effect lasts until the end of your opponent's next turn, that means that they're back to full WS and BS on your turn, iirc. They cannot ignore dangerous terrain and do not have assault grenades, so charging into dangerous terrainmakes them I1, unless there's something I missed, iirc.

In fact, looking at it now, Raptors seem like a much better choice than Warp Talons, as they can charge into dangerous terrainas they have grenades, and an Icon of Wrath will give them Furious Charge for 2 points. The only problem is that they won't have the Daemon of Khorne rule for the 5++, nor dual Lightning Claws for AP3 Shred. However, they can take special weapons that do not replace their bolt pistols and ensure that they keep their +1A from CCW and Bolt Pistol.

So now the question is Flesh Hounds of Khorne, or Raptors?

What
No
Why

Good.

Bad
40k Sigmarization soon.

Let us know when you can add Rapiers and Sicarans.

You can take a lot of factions easily in one detachment. That's all.

Thats pretty cool

Basically Grand Alliance Imperium

the ad mech one at least makes the two books one standalone army like it should be which is nice.

Just finished washing some termagaunts and will probably be finishing them up tomorrow ill post pics then

Which is why I think it's good.

>Good or bad?
Good, but largely irrelevant because of how loose army building already is. Were this fourth edition I'd say it was a step forward from the X-hunter books.

That's a correct assertion

It's Imperial Super Friends. I like it. It's fun.

Also on the note of painted termagaunts i was following St Duncans videos and it seems that after washing them you cant see any difference between pre washed and post washed minis once he goes over it with the base coat again. is it suppose to be that way or am i just crazy.

Except the single detachment is shit and you're still better off taking either Maniple/Battle Congregation or War Convo.

WS: 2
BS: 2
S: 6
T: 7
W: 6
I: 1
A: 2
Ld: 5

Sv: +3

Is forgeworld allowed?

No it doesnt, since you need like 4k+ points to give everything Canticles.

War Convo is still the only way to really play AdMech as one army.

its a step in the right direction though, maybe meaning that they get one book in 8th ed instead of 2

Very true.

It is literally no different from running them in their individual Detachments except that you lose all the Skitarii Maniple/Battle Congregation bonuses for some shitty bonuses to vehicles which Cult Mech don't even have.

It's pointless outside of running tons of Imperial Knights.

i didnt say it was perfect i said it was a step in the right direction.